login to bmindful Sign up for your FREE bmindful account!

To get the most out of the bmindful forum, please sign up or log in!

★How big is your container, and how many times should you say an affirmation

I’m gonna’ paraphrase a little here, but you’ll get the idea. It’s from a book titled “Wealth 101”.

…Imagine yourself at a small but abundant waterfall. What would limit your ability to take from that waterfall your wealth of water? The size of your container, right? If you had a cup, you’d have a cup’s worth of wealth (water). If you had a gallon jug, you’d have a gallon’s worth of wealth. If you had a barrel, you’d have a barrel of wealth. If you had a tank-truck, well…..

…What if the same were true of all the attributes of wealth? What if your ability to experience health, happiness, abundance, prosperity, riches, loving, caring, sharing, learning, knowing what you want, opportunity, enjoying and balance were limited only by your ability to receive? What if each of these qualities were available to you in infinite supply, and the only thing limiting you were the size of your container?

We know it doesn’t seem that way. It seems as though, if we have a cup, only a cup’s worth of water EVER dribbles over the falls. That is, however, an illusion-a highly convincing illusion, granted, but an illusion nonetheless.

If we want to expand out ability to experience health, happiness….we must expand the size of our health, happiness….containers.

….This is done through affirmations…..

….The problem most people have with affirmations is that they stop long before obtaining any noticeable result. They say, “See? I told you it wouldn’t work.”

Why do people stop? It usually comes down to one reason: discomfort. Enlarging one’s container for wealth in uncomfortable. Count on it.

To accept the idea that we already ARE healthy, happy,…..we must challenge a great many limiting beliefs we hold about ourselves. Limiting beliefs, when challenged, create discomfort.

Saying an affirmation is like sending clear water, under pressure, into a clogged pipe. All the gunk that’s clogging up the pipe surfaces. When we say an affirmation, over and over (“over and over” creates the pressure), all the gunk that’s been clogging our pipes (our pipeline to wealth?) surfaces.

This gunk includes unworthiness, hurt feelings, anger, guilt and fear-all the emotions that make up what we call the comfort zone. Who wants to feel all this? Nobody. We become distracted by something that’s less uncomfortable than the gunk. We’re off on some other line of thinking (often negative because, after all, most of us are more comfortable thinking negatively than positively). The next thing we know, five minutes have gone by and…what were we supposed to be thinking about?
A good way to overcome distractions is to say the affirmation out loud. No matter what we’re thinking, at least a part of us is saying the affirmation.

How many times should we say an affirmation?

To really get it going, to charge it with our energy, to make the enlargement of our wealth container a major priority of our consciousness, we suggest saying it, initially, at least one thousand times. This may seem like a lot, but repeating a short affirmation one thousand times should take less than half an hour.

All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us.
— Gandalf, J.R.R. Tolkien
I’m Alright
Life Less Ordinary

I was so proud of myself to take control over my feelings the other day. I was feeling like my head was going to burst with a whole heap of concerns and that my time was being spread between too many things, my head hurt and I was so tired from 2 late nights unable to sleep because of a noisy mind. Blah blah blah.

I made up a little chant to say as I walked along feeling crappy, something like “I am control of how I feel and I feel better” can’t even remember exactly because I was being smothered by the crappy monster. But it began to shift my mood and I just kept saying that I was in control, keeping in time with my footsteps, and it didn’t take long but like magic I got back the real me inside my head again. Phew, didn’t like the other me. It amazes me that a true, real way of feeling (bad) can disappear by me persistently telling it too. Don’t know how many times I said it but it worked quicker than a headache pill (maybe a glass of wine would have been faster but it was 9am!!)

What’s my point, I find it’s easy to be positive when things are going OK anyway, but the strength of the affirmations are when they can be pulled out when things are not the way we want them to be. And that can be hard to do, sometimes I think I enjoy a good wallow in misery from time to time ;)

“Even if you’re on the right track – you’ll get run over if you just sit there” Will Rogers

In response to Vivi is focused’s post:

O M Goodness! Vivi, dear, this is just what I needed to read. I was just posting a thread about feeling sorry for my self, boo hoo whiney stuff and here I read your thread. This is the nice kick in the pants I needed to get away from my “crappy monster”… hehehe… I like that name…

I am living in many dimensions at once; the appearance of being trapped in time and space is only an illusion.

This thread is from 2009, and really love it…Thank you SRWE!  

I AM
Peaceful:
Emotions, Sensations ,
& Feelings

In response to Vivi is ???'s post: 'sometimes I think I enjoy a good wallow in misery from time to time'

I think it is good to feel our feelings.

To be satisfied and content all the time doesn't open the door to compassion... or feeling what else we are asking for. This is much easier  to say... knowing I have tools like affirmationstongue-out

In response to Smart_Routines_With_Enthusiasm's post:  yes yes yes  To accept the idea that we already ARE healthy, happy,…..we must challenge a great many limiting beliefs we hold about ourselves. Limiting beliefs, when challenged, create discomfort.

I like that pang of discomfort...because of the starting point -something in there... to give more love to.

I like the quote below... it reminds us to start right where we are

6a4d4ea5ed58bf97cb65784077ff24eb--daily-affirmations-make-your.jpg

My feelings of success in using affirmations is really not how many times I say these powerful statements

...its starting from my heart place and see if it contains something that responds lovingly to something I'm desiring.

One thing I do regularly... for me... is move my affirmations around ... whether it be on Bmindful list, a thread or places I utilize in more of a hard copy...

in my present moment -feeling and the feelings of where  I'm desiring to go.

nice36.jpg

Today I woke up -with feelings of loving being off today, though also knowing there are some specific things I want to get accomplished ... though not ready for....

I am already feeling pretty good because of loving big chunks of time to utilize as I desire...So I don't focus on just joy... I focus on the joy of creating my day. 

I AM
Peaceful:
Emotions, Sensations ,
& Feelings

Often when I wake ... & recently did (:

...just wanting to allow something I love

...that resonates and moves me closer to something that I can feel that I desire that truly helps me

...Today I am off... and don't want  to feel rushed

just care to stay in the place that feels centered

and nurtured

and good

love this

As far as affirmations... soon come(:

As I wake I will know

I actually look forward to seeing if 1 will be so perfect

or if I would like to create with a dozen ... a story of exactly what I love

I AM
Peaceful:
Emotions, Sensations ,
& Feelings

Jump to Top ^^

To get the most out of the bmindful forum, please sign up or log in!

Related Content