login to bmindful Sign up for your FREE bmindful account!

To get the most out of the bmindful forum, please sign up or log in!

★Changing Self talk

There are a number of positive thinking exercises recommended to anyone who wants to improve the way they think. However, no matter how much you try to think positive, you’ll find it difficult to truly make a change unless you learn to spot those negative thoughts running through your mind.

My Blessings,

Mary Rettig

Like my page at https://www.facebook.com/maryerettigpage

In response to maryre’s post:

How true! I find when I start to think negatively I stop it right away by telling myself. You are already starting a new day with bad thoughts lets change this right now. I think about funny or fun things I did as a child or remember funny things that happened in my life then I start to laugh I feel good and realize that is the key to having a good day.

related posts,threads,videos,etc

I AM
Peaceful:
Emotions, Sensations ,
& Feelings

One idea for stopping negative self talk, a sort of catch all, like maryre said, identify it while it’s happening. Then “break the pattern”, as Tony Robbins puts it, by thinking something else. Then replace that thought. Then test it. Kind of long winded you might think. Me too:P You can reduce it all to one step by thinking “oh! a thought designed to keep me trapped in a way of life I don’t want! A clever trick, but I’m more clever!”, or something along those lines lol

affirmations of confidence

Once you get to know Twain, you’ll never be the same.

Anything that anyone gives attention to, becomes true

Jump to Top ^^

To get the most out of the bmindful forum, please sign up or log in!

Related Content