login to bmindful Sign up for your FREE bmindful account!

To get the most out of the bmindful forum, please sign up or log in!

★What is bmindful?

I know, kind of a weird question to ask right?

Well, I’ve started work on the new bmindful and I figure now is a good time to to get some serious input from everyone.

Please don’t hold back, if there’s something you don’t like about bmindful, let me know! If there’s something that you’d like to see implemented on bmindful, have your say!

I want to know what you LOVE about bmindful, and I especially want to know if there’s anything you HATE about it!

This is your chance to really have your say. Remember, it’s YOUR community too, so let me know how you’d like things to be! I promise to consider ALL suggestions and I won’t take offense if you’ve got something negative to point out. In fact, I’m encouraging it!

So, PLEASE have your say! Here’s some suggested questions to answer:

• What is bmindful to you?
  • Why do you use bmindful?
  • How could bmindful be better?
  • Has anything stopped you from contributing? If so, what?
  • Is there something that would make you contribute MORE? If so, what?
  • Is there anything you really dislike about bmindful?

Thank you ALL for your comments and suggestions. Your contributions are greatly appreciated and will help make bmindful a better place for everyone!

“How easy it is in our life, to miss what’s being offered.” — Paul Haller

You’re literally the rudder of the bmindful boat here, your thoughts will impact how I go about evolving bmindful!

I would love it if I could categorize my chosen affirmations not just for the whole community but for myself. I know we can categorize the affirmations that we write but it would be better if I was able to click on one category of affirmations and see those affirmations only.

I would love to able to get straight into Bmindful when I sign in and easily flick around on everything without any problems. On many numerous occasions I have had to re-sign in and out repeatively, it gets to the point of having to try 5 times to no avail, I give up and try again later, its only on the off chance I actually get to read the forums and share my thoughts. That is the only downfall I hate.

“Happiness is a perfume you cannot pour on others without getting a few drops on yourself.” ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson

I am very happy with bmindful just the way it is. Thank you and Blessings!

I would love to be able to come to bmindful more often than I do but with working and other things I’m doing I drop in when I can. Otherwise I love it! I too would love to put my affirmations into categories.

Also to have a category or column to put quotes from famous people that are positive or uplifting and could be used as affirmations. A category column to recommend books or dvd’s or cd’s that are helpful on one’s path to spiritual fulfillment/development.

Bright blessings,Namaste and may you find Inner Peace and a wonderful journey.

Lee,

I mentioned this before, but to keep this forum whole I’ll add it here as well.

+ At the bottom of a forum, please add a ‘top’ button

+ I’d like to see the forum pages and the bMindful pages ‘look’ the same, whatever your new disign is, I’d like to see them the same to make it easier to flip back and forth.

+ I’d like to have an ‘Affirmation de jour’ pop into my mailbox, and/or on my igoogle home page (oops, I just read Lee’s post on rss, strike this one)

+ Is it possible to bookmark where you are in a forum? Some of the long ones, I read 3/4 the way through then life gets in the way and I have to go do something. It would be so cool to ‘dog ear’ where I am so it’s easy to come back!

+ Finally, if you do nothing at all, we’ll still love you, this is an awesome place to hang out!

Blessings,
Bruce-
Each Day Is A New Gift From God!

I think it is awesome that you ask for truthful feedback! I love your site and visit it daily. I pick a random affirmation and write it on a post it(sometimes even post it as my status on facebook) then I repeat it and share it with others through out the day. THANK YOU!

In response to Debora’s post: Great idea to make it your facebook status.

Blessings,
Bruce-

To me, BeMindful is a treasure chest with no bottom. The deeper you dig into it the more wonderful things you will find.

Many people have posted wonderful links throughout the forums: You, as admin, could go through these and add the best of the best to a links page that would open up inside bemindful.

I hope to write some decent meditation music that would be free for your members. A freebie.

I also like the idea of a recommending reading list with book reviews and recommendations. Favorite authors, excellent study aids and things of that nature.

Another possiblity might be to create a “share” button in appropriate places. I don’t know how it’s done, but as admin, you could set some articles to be shared on facebook and other such sites.

Okay, now having said all that I would like you not to overburden yourself. BeMindful is already a great site just like it is. Remember how you were talking about how you sometimes have trouble sleeping! Go with your gut man and don’t overload yourself. Be mindful is your baby, your gift to us.

Peace, brother

All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us.
— Gandalf, J.R.R. Tolkien
I’m Alright
Life Less Ordinary

It would be interesting to listen to you on audio (10 min.)or an excerpt from some other motivational speaker. Maybe even a little soothing music,perhaps? But, I generally love everything you have going here at Bmindful.

I like that idea. Or a video.

All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us.
— Gandalf, J.R.R. Tolkien
I’m Alright
Life Less Ordinary

Aloha Lee!
Hey, I noticed your comment about “labels”, as if my take or name ‘LifeLabelGuy’ was a limiting thing. My “label” is: Love, Joy, Peace, Abundance, Health, Wealth, Success, Inspiration, Creativity, Kindness, Prosperity, Gratitude and Charity. So you see, my label is very empowering!

LIFE IS GOOD!
Aloha

to me being mindful is being still and calming my mind
I need to learn to structure my day so I an be more mindful about what is going on around me
also need to learn to read my affirmations daily
Thanks for all you do

Linda

I think bmindful is a gateway to nurture your own emotional, and spiritual needs. It is the work of individuals as they find commonalities of themselves in the world. It is living consciously and courageously, by putting your thoughts out there for all to read. It is the change and momentum that is needed in the world to take us to the highest good of all.

Words are like seeds. When you write them out, they grow into your dreams and spark the imagination of others.

Posting my affirmations in a public forum helps me gain clarity and gives them more power. When other people read our affirmations it creates a kind of “group” intention, especially if someone borrows and uses something we wrote! (see Lynn McTaggart’s “Intention Experiment” if you need the science behind it…)

Bmindful is just one of many, many, MANY social networking services I use every day…if I paid for all of them I’d have to go into debt, which I prefer not to do. I would appreciate it if bmindful allowed non-subscribers to upload an Avatar. Most of the “free” sites do this, and it doesn’t seem to be a problem.

For monetization, I would like bmindful to offer additional products and services that would add value for the user, but would not limit the basic function and intention of the site, which is to practice creating affirmations and build community. Perhaps offer some workshops on creating effective affirmations, etc.?

And Lee, you know I’m one of your biggest fans!

Ilana

Ilana Moss,
Heartcompass Enterprises
The Foundation For A Mind With Heart
LifeNavigation iCourse, Heartcompass Secrets Newsletter
Messages From A Mind With Heart
and http:/www.metaphysics-for-life.com

I like this site, thanks Lee. I’ve never ever posted onto a forum before, and I do hold back (sometimes) mainly because I’m more interested in what others say than myself. I get a little thrill when I see a post from someone I’ve never heard from before, and of course love hearing from my favourite wise friends. It’s like having a wonderful tribe of wise elders to learn from (and I’m not meaning age-wise here, just experience). There are some wonderful ideas floating around out there. I was trying to explain this site to my friends and they wondered if I’d joined a cult – HA!!

The only addition I would like is a spell-check.

“Even if you’re on the right track – you’ll get run over if you just sit there” Will Rogers

Spell check, and little fun icons would be nice!

I would like to see in the email area, a way to send emails to more than one person (even all in the list).

I AM
Peaceful:
Emotions, Sensations ,
& Feelings

What is bMindful?

Personally, it is a tool that I use to create my life in a more positive, healthy manner. It provides access to many teachers (ie members) who bring their experience, opinions, insights, and ideas to me with a simple click of a button.

bMindful allows me to express myself in written form (and maybe some day in an audio format) and gives me the opportunity to share my 43 years of life experience with others. Anytime I can save someone headache, heartache, or other nonsense that has happened to me, I am grateful.

Thanks to all my new friends here – and the ones I’ve yet to meet. You make this a very pleasurable site.

I am living in many dimensions at once; the appearance of being trapped in time and space is only an illusion.

In response to laurie’s post: Being a notoriously bad speller I’d love a spell checker. I came here to post that thought and see that Laurie beat me to it, so I’ll second the motion…

Blessings,
Bruce-

I too would like a speedy top/bottom of page. I recently had an occasion where I wished for a global search for a particular topic. Not all topics of interest are the same as an “affirmation category”. If we have this facility and I missed it—Oops—Sorry.

Hi all and thank you so much for taking the time to offer your thoughts and suggestions!

I’m going to respond in an honest and direct way. This isn’t to be rude, it’s just that I don’t want to build up false expectations.

Every time a feature is added it increases the complexity of the code base exponentially. I am only one person and the redesign is already incorporating some new features and even without including any new features is a monstrous job that I have to do on top of my paid work.

Taking on new feature suggestions that only one or two people might use will increase the complexity of the code and put off the ‘launch’ date significantly without offering significant ‘payoff’.

Although I’d love to be able to include everyone’s suggested features, it really is hard to justify the time involved so I am going to use the 80/20 rule here that has worked so well for the likes of Google.

The 80/20 rule says that 80 percent of the users will use only 20 percent of the available features. I know this to be true with bmindful already, and I would rather perfect those 20 percent of features than have 80 percent of the features on bmindful hacked together just to get them implemented.

Anyway, I’ll try to deal with every single suggestion that’s been brought up so far. If I miss any then please let me know!

Further categorizing of affirmations
Builing bmindful has been a tremendous learning experience for me. The biggest thing I’ve learned is that people will not use tools the way you thought they would.

There’s two ways to go about this, reject it and piss a lot of people off, or accept and run with it! Twitter has ran with it and is currently growing at 1125% per year!

I never expected bmindful users to select thousands of affirmations, but it seems to be the norm :) People get excited upon signing up and add hundreds and sometimes thousands of affirmations to their list.

Don’t get me wrong though, this is GREAT news because it allows me to draw some fantastic statistics from bmindful and easily work out the quality of specific affirmations.

BUT, this has lead to the issues we have now where people want to further categorize THEIR affirmations.

My proposed solution is to have a ‘favorites’ list, which is what your current affirmations will become and then a ‘currently using’ list. The ‘currently using’ list will be capped at say 20 affirmations.

Then, to make your selected or ‘favorite’ affirmations easier to navigate through I will do two things.

First, instead of categorizing your affirmations, I will make your selected affirmations more obvious in the categories, maybe by having a section of selected affirmations in any particular category ABOVE the rest of the affirmations you HAVEN’T selected, in any given category.

Secondly, I will improve the search engine, and also add an option to search through your selected affirmations only.

Would this be solution suffice?

Logging in issues
Any issues regarding logging in and lost password are actually bugs that shouldn’t be happening!

This is probably because the forum was tacked on later. Any issues relating to cookies and moving between the forums and the rest of the site, or any other issues relating to staying logged in or logging in in the first place should not be happening!

The redesign should fix this though, but if the problem persists after the new site is up I will look further into it!

A quotes section
There are some people that use bmindful like a quote site, but it is definitely a minority. The large majority of people who land on this site are looking for affirmations or a topic specific to the forum.

On top of this, there are plenty of good quote sites on the ‘net already and I don’t want to try and compete with them. It goes back to the 80/20 rule, and doing something well or not at all.

I’d rather bmindful do affirmations really well, and leave quotes to another site. :( Once again though, it’s always OK to start a forum thread about things! We already have a great quotes thread!

Back to top link
Consider this done! Great suggestion and I’ve already implemented it on the new design.

Standardizing design between forum and the rest of bmindful
Yep, this is one of the main reasons for the redesign!

Bookmarking where you are in the forum
You can already ‘bookmark’ a particular post by clicking on the little chain link symbol of any post, but I am wondering if I should separate larger threads into different pages.

I’m undecided on this one, anyone have any thoughts on the pro’s and cons of splitting longer threads?

Links page
Yep, this is part of the redesign too :)

Share button
I’m tempted by these, but I already have them on the articles page and they are very rarely used.

The problem is that there is so many different ways to share links now, facebook, twitter, email, instant messanger and a million other social networks that the buttons just clutter the screen, and the all in one buttons are so rarely used it’s hardly worth the screen real estate they take up.

It is nice to make it easy to share an interesting page, but I think I’ll stick with the universal way for now – copying and pasting the url :)

Recommended Reading List
Definitely something to think about. I’m not sure if this is best left integrated into the links page, or a forum post, or should have it’s own section. Any thoughts?

Emailing the users
This already happens. I’m not allowed to email people that unsubscribe, but I do try to email the list (which is over 5000 now) at least once a month. As my work load lessens, the site grows and I’m able to concentrate some more on my writing I’ll up the frequency a little.

Audio Interviews
I’m actually looking to do more written interviews! I’m not sure about doing audio interviews as I have a grinding Aussie accent with a whiny high pitched voice lol – I jest, although I’ll never be a radio announcer :)

Audio interviews are also hard because most of the speakers I’d want to interview are in the states and the time zones mean one of us is up way past our bed time.

Definitely something to think about. Technologies like Skype are making this easier to do, so I will consider this again more seriously after the redesign.

Daily Affirmations
I’ve had a Daily Affirmations site for a while, and you can now even follow @dlyaffirmations on twitter!

I am going to integrate this more into bmindful in the redesign, and allow daily affirmations via email.

This is something I’m very torn over.

I hardly cover hosting costs with the premium memberships, but they do seem to be growing slowly. I don’t want to cover the site in advertising because that doesn’t do the content any justice, annoys the users and very rarely makes any money.

I’ve got some alternative plans for monetizing the site which the redesign is addressing. If this way of monetizing the site works well then I’ll give away premium memberships.

I’ll let you know how it goes but remember that I’ll need everyones support for this. If I’m going to charge for advertising on bmindful, then the advertisers need to get their moneys worth otherwise I just won’t feel comfortable doing it.

If you see an advertiser on bmindful and think you might like their products PLEASE at the very least take a look at their site and if their interests you, consider buying.

Affirmation Workshops
I’ve considered doing ecourses and actually started writing one. I’ve actually got some amazing ideas for new affirmation software too. I’ve also half written numerous ebooks.

I guess when I get some more focus I’ll have more monetization options, we’ll see how we go. Maybe I’ll do some research about what sells best.

The thing is that I want to give away as much as possible, but at the same time, I spend the majority of each day working on bmindful in some way, even if it’s just building up my presence on twitter, modifying the site or writing an articles or emails, responding to questions via bmindful, twitter and email, changing passwords and the million other things that running a large web site require and so I don’t have much time to put into paid work.

Thing is I do need to be able to cover rent and put some food on the table. Mel obviously helps with this but I’d like to be able to contribute much more than I do whilst at the same time maintaining the services that I offer. Definitely a pickle, and I’ll think about it more and see how things pan out with the new design.

Spell Check
I don’t like to reinvent the wheel, and a system or Internet wide spell checker would be much better for you.

I highly recommend changing your browser to Firefox, Safari, Google Chrome or Opera for a greatly enhanced browsing experience that will not only make you more productive, make web sites look better and easier to read and just generally make the internet a better place, it will also give you a spell checker that works on ANY site!

All these browsers are free and are quicker, MORE SECURE and easier to use than Internet Explorer (especially once you get used to them) expandable, widely supported and most importantly render web sites properly.

Internet Explorer, even in it’s most modern incarnations is a terrible browser. I really don’t know how people deal with it at all. As an end user it’s a piece of junk at best and if you’re a web developer, it literally takes all the enjoyment out of web design.

I seriously can’t stress this enough. Internet Explorer is the worst piece of software ever written and unless you’re forced to use it due to work regulations and you’re physically prevented from installing these other browsers and you’ll get fired by objecting to this absurd regulation then you’re doing yourself a huge disservice if you use Internet Explorer. Seriously.

This isn’t just personal opinion here, it’s fact. This page talks about a report that says MSIE was 98% unsafe, this page will CRASH Internet Explorer with one line of code. This page goes into some more details about why IE is bad. This page is a blog all about it. I starred this tweet because I knew exactly how he felt. Google dropped IE6 support on gmail, 37Signals dropped IE6 support on ALL their products. Here is just one list of people who’ve had enough of IE6.

Sorry for the rant, but I spent four hours yesterday fruitlessly trying to prevent Internet Explorer from repeating the last few characters in one column of the new design. All the usual (but entirely illogical) hacks didn’t work, so I gave up. Wasting this amount of time on Internet Explorer is unfortunately the norm and prevents me from doing actual work or making any kind of progress.

Anyway… Install Firefox for an Internet wide spell checker. You’ll also enjoy the Internet more and make web designers world wide that little bit happier.

Freebees for members
themadcookieman mentioned that he might have some meditation music that we could offer free to all bmindful members. That would be amazing!

As you might have noticed, there are some offerings that are written by other members and I totally encourage that! If you have something you’d like to offer members then feel free to contact me.

We can either start a thread and help promote it and encourage feedback, we can restrict it to premium members, whatever it is! I’m always open to suggestions!

Editing Affirmations
The reason you cannot edit affirmations is that other people might be using it and like it the way it is.

Two affirmations might say the same thing, but the way they say it can have a profound effect on how effective the affirmation is. The thing is that one affirmation might work really well for one person, and not work at all for someone else, and vice versa.

For this reason, don’t be scared to add a similar sounding affirmation to bmindful! And it is for this reason, that you cannot edit an affirmation.

OK, I think that about covers the suggestions in this thread. I’ll do another one to cover the emails I’ve received and then another post to give you all a bit of an idea as to what I want with the new design.

Definitely feel free to email me if you have any suggestions that you don’t feel comfortable submitting in this thread.

Please also continue to post any new ideas you might have, I am always open to suggestions!

bmindful I could write all kinds of thoughts.
However I have an appointment so to keep it simple,I would say it’s a
site that was designed with quality and simplicity.
A retreat of sorts for an agoraphobic person like myself,well I used to be very agoraphobic for a couple years 78 79 so I am aware of the fear
associated with that phobia (Shhhhh……today I think it’s is basically
a phobia my unconscious adopted as a way to avoid human beings)
My appointment is rather important,the only thing I would change perhaps
is the name,to something like (justbeyourself.com)or maybe (fake it until you make it.com)
Anyway Lee if you read this god bless ya and keep the chi circulating.

“To boldly and or vulnerably go where no one has gone before”

This obviously is an old thread created by the creator of Bmindful in early 2009.

He asks:
I know, kind of a weird question to ask right?

Well, I’ve started work on the new bmindful and I figure now is a good time to to get some serious input from everyone.

Please don’t hold back, if there’s something you don’t like about bmindful, let me know! If there’s something that you’d like to see implemented on bmindful, have your say!

I want to know what you LOVE about bmindful, and I especially want to know if there’s anything you HATE about it!

This is your chance to really have your say. Remember, it’s YOUR community too, so let me know how you’d like things to be! I promise to consider ALL suggestions and I won’t take offense if you’ve got something negative to point out. In fact, I’m encouraging it!

So, PLEASE have your say! Here’s some suggested questions to answer:

What is bmindful to you?
Why do you use bmindful?
How could bmindful be better?
Has anything stopped you from contributing? If so, what?
Is there something that would make you contribute MORE? If so, what?
Is there anything you really dislike about bmindful?
Thank you ALL for your comments and suggestions. Your contributions are greatly appreciated and will help make bmindful a better place for everyone

• ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    A member asked the other day, as a community can we make some ground rules? With the above questions in mins without singling out members…maybe we can speak to one another about what we like as a group. If you are a member, you are part of Bmindful.
  • ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I AM
Peaceful:
Emotions, Sensations ,
& Feelings

Excellent question. I appreciate your request for feed back.

For me, what I have gotten out of this web sight is phenomenal personal growth. I am very grateful for all that I have gotten, and I love sharing this web sight with others so they can have a blast on here too!!

This is a fun place to be!! I love coming and reviewing my affirmations, and at the same time, I can reflect back on how far I’ve come…

I really like the way that you can read other peoples affirmations, and you can share them, and the entire Gift of positivity keeps touching lives, and people get to lead happier, healthier, more fulfilling lives. People can direct their efforts to anything: their relationships or careers, the dreams, their ambitions, their possibilities, or even taking on an impossibly big dream. Equally powerful, people can embrace their healing, their vulnerabilities, their pain, grief, and loss. They can get a lot on this web sight and they will most likely find exactly what they needed to hear to encourage them to reinvent, redefine, and repurpose their priorities. So, the work that goes on around here varies in its intensity.

I would like to see the owner set ground rules for basic conduct amongst members.
The rules do not need to be complex, but just lay out basic respect. People have different opinions, but what is needed and what would go a long way in increasing workability, is the agreement to allow people these differences and allow for diversity.

Another suggestion that I would like to request is being able to communicate with the owner or the moderator, about issues as they arise.

I have some more thoughts to follow. I need to spend some time to writing and developing my ideas.

“Radical Acceptance is the ability to face hardships with greater love and deeper awareness.
Contemplation shapes radical acceptance as a way to choose love and peace over anger and despair.
Begin by finding this within ourselves before helping others.

first, I want to bring to the surface, the DailyAffirmation I fully trust the clarity of my own blessed heart…very nice,huh?

• ~
    Many thoughts… come to mind here too…though first I’d like to focus on affirmations. Just yesterday or day before, I came across an affirmation in the ones recently added…which was unique…and perfect for myself…and shared with my spouse…who had been desiring similar ones in a specialized area…so I also shared at home(:

I can remember numerous times before work…where I am involved with many people..the joy I’ve added was multiplied in all of my interactions… after an uplifting idea/feeling experienced here.

What a wonderful effect when things spiral up positively to ourselves & others …stemming from this site. Good to see this thread surface again…for sharing on building the community here, considering its growth, and of course assisting ourselves. /Speaking of personal growth, I like how we often complement here. Let me clarify…yes complimenting as in thanking one another for contributions is a wonderful lovely courtesy(: Though, I was referring to… allowing uniqueness and similarities among members … often another journey-builder when styles & experience shine through(:

Love the freedom to create threads and respond from my heart… has added to my growth & personal joy. Love when others create threads or post what resonates for them… Of course if members are here to take in whats here or for affirmations only..of course that’s fine. It’s just sometimes I wonder if new members joining have questions about participation. I’m hoping maybe this thread will serve as a good place for Q&A…while brainstorming and sharing continue…

I AM
Peaceful:
Emotions, Sensations ,
& Feelings

Thank you again Appreciating… its a very worthy question and I hope that we hear back from as many members as possible.

Robert, thank you for resurfacing this thread.

“Radical Acceptance is the ability to face hardships with greater love and deeper awareness.
Contemplation shapes radical acceptance as a way to choose love and peace over anger and despair.
Begin by finding this within ourselves before helping others.

Jump to Top ^^

To get the most out of the bmindful forum, please sign up or log in!

Related Content