login to bmindful Sign up for your FREE bmindful account!

To get the most out of the bmindful forum, please sign up or log in!

★Home Care *~*

thread originally created March 2009! Thanks to flowergirl it has been revived and Nancee too(:

Will edit a bit soon..

Want your affirmations, tips and tools please.

I like this affirmation... I Am allowing it (:
bde4bb145429cf11a2147acfb1e26585--positive-self-affirmations-positive-life-quotes.jpg

Hello Bmindful community, I am working on a bit of a frog in my home. My goal is to really get into decluttering to go toward being more of a minimalist.

Just more of...

Not a complete one(:

I love airy more spacious beautiful looks

I know why ...and basic ideas how, and do it pretty regularly;though looking for affirmations, tips and tools to make it a reality more quickly!

I’d like to know what you do.

I’d like to know what you tell yourself.

Filing tips and tools.

I love hard copy references; don’t like keeping everything in the computer...

33dc0ac8-fa84-4194-b575-b677d7441827_1.f4b0ea5ecd1034655e36bf1ffaca0edb.jpeg?odnHeight=450&odnWidth=450&odnBg=FFFFFF

• ~

The Organized Times
love free printables PROJECT GIRL

• ~

Are any of you into Feng Shui?

Plants that clean the air? Are you trying to minimize electromagnetic energy in your home? If so, what do you do?What are some of your favorite sites for a healthy-home? One of my favorite sites use to be Debra Lynn Dadd

• ~

c1ccebb03fc1fd311b3ecdfc886fc523.jpg

This is all about the home-thread. See you soon.

I AM
Peaceful:
Emotions, Sensations ,
& Feelings

Hey Laurie~

Clutter! It’s the bane of my existence. Paring down is something I keep working on a routine basis.

First of all, I always like www.flylady.net for those of you who like simple ideas for clutter removal for your house & body. However, if you sign up to receive her emails, you may want to get them once a day as opposed to how often they show up. It can create massive clutter in your inbox. YUCK!

When I go about removing stuff out of my house, I get a big ol’ trash can and three giant boxes.

The boxes are labeled:

1) Give Away/Donate (no thought there)

2) Unsure (mark a date in the future on the box. If you haven’t used it or looked through it, donate it on the date of the box.)

3) I LOVE THIS (find a permanent home for it).

You may have to empty the trash very frequently! :) I don’t know how we do this, but we seem to accumulate trash. Oh, I repeat this exercise about every month or so. It feels good to donate stuff. I really feel like it unblocks energy and keeps the circle of giving flowing. Not sure if that is a feng shui thing…

For my office work, I try to never let the filing get out of control. I’m pretty picky about my files.

I keep a binder on my monthly recurring bills. I have a tab for each type of expense. For instance, I have one for electricity, one for gas, one for cable/internet, one for phone, etc. I place them inside a sheet protector (I used these for tax write-offs otherwise, I’d just punch them with my 3-ring hole punch). I keep one binder for my household expenses for each year. So, it doesn’t get too full. Each tab only has twelve bills in it. Because I like to control my costs, I use Quicken (there are a lot of others, but my computer came with Quicken for free) that I log in expenses and graph them to see if I’m raising or lowering my monthly costs. Do this on a daily or weekly basis while it is still meaningful and you can quickly readjust your course if necessary. CAUTION: This is an exercise to benefit and education you. If you use it with a poverty or lack mentality, it could backfire on you and bring more poverty and lack in your life.

When my husband was injured in a car crash, I had to keep track of medical expenses. I had a binder with his doctor bills (again, a tab for the different billed expenses such as doctor, labs, etc). When the EOB’s (Explanation of Benefits) from my insurance company came in, I could track what was billed, what was covered, and what I ended up paying for out of pocket. This was a good exercise, because believe it or not, we found numerous discrepancies. It is also a good way to track money you can collect from your flexible spending accounts (if your company doesn’t offer one, may I suggest contacting your bank to set one up as an individual – this is an excellent benefit to save tax $$$). Plus, at the end of the year and you are getting ready to do your taxes, it lets you know right away how your out-of-pocket spending is to see if you qualify for that deduction.

For my children’s schoolwork, I have three binders and 3 plastic tubs (one for each of my three children). The tubs collect cherished homework throughout the month. At the end of the month, we pick one to three of our favorite – cannot part with school pieces. They are placed in sheet protectors and placed in the binder. The remainder of the papers go in the trash when the children are out of site. But, the binders are their brag books. I don’t let them see me throw out the papers, but they have never asked for them again and they love to go back over and over and review their brag books. I have one binder for each child for each schoolyear. So far, they fit nicely on their bookshelf because my oldest still in elementary school is only 4th grade.

PS: You can use file folders, but I find that papers fall out and get lost if they aren’t securely enclosed in a binder.

I am living in many dimensions at once; the appearance of being trapped in time and space is only an illusion.

In response to meditatingmama’s post:
Your post is the 1st post I will print out! Thanks MM. That was wonderful! I think you should consider being the new Fly Lady.

I AM
Peaceful:
Emotions, Sensations ,
& Feelings

((blush)) Thanks! ;)

I was thinking of something else last night as I fell asleep that may be of assistance.

My food pantry was always majorly chaos. I used to find expired food (like several years old) that was left uneated. So, now, I use excel to keep an inventory of my kitchen pantry. Of course, I organize the cans based on contents (veges, soups, etc) and dry goods so I can easily find them. But on my inventory list I have the following columns:

Ingredient: Count: Comments:
—————- ——— ————-
Organic Soup 2 – 16 oz Cans Exp 6/2009
Couscous Grain 2 lbs Planned for 7 Veg Couscous

So, I use the comments section for the meal I planned it for or the expiration if that is most pressing.

Then, I make a month meal planner for what I am going to use the ingredients for. That way, when I am tired and don’t want to think, I can just use the inventory and the meal planner to choose what to cook. Of course, I have to have the fresh ingredients also, but at least it is a start. That way, I discover, I use things before they expire plus I don’t have to think real hard on the days that I am stuck cooking (instead of my husband) and don’t know what to do. Plus, when I find funky ingredients, I can look on the chart about what my husband planned to use it for.

Just another thing I do…

I am living in many dimensions at once; the appearance of being trapped in time and space is only an illusion.

Meal planning is big w/us. I will see how I can best use your idea soon.

Though, we’ve been using less and less of canned goods, so that isn’t much of an issue. We do buy alot of fresh fruits and vegetables, and always doing our best to use everything up. We take our lunches and snacks to work; never purchase extra; always healthy delicious stuff.

Though, we have an off week here and there and forget what we purchased on occasion. I would love a system for that. Do you label freezer and refrigerated items?

I AM
Peaceful:
Emotions, Sensations ,
& Feelings

I love the binder idea, instead of folders for bills. And love what you did for your medical bills;what a hassle that can become.

I even have my hubby, involved with your ideas. Thanks MM, you’re amazing.

I AM
Peaceful:
Emotions, Sensations ,
& Feelings

a thrive in clutter, chaos brings out the creativity in me, thats probably why Sydney bores me and i’d prefer to go back to Bogota or go live in Sao Paolo

Truthfully, I don’t have much in my closet except for dried goods and a few spare cans of food (in case of a tornado or ice storm – we have lost power for as much as 4 days). We don’t freeze much because my husband likes to make things fresh from scratch and there are very rarely any leftovers. That is why it is easy to make an inventory. It is very little but I have small, deep closets that aren’t very useful and stuff gets hidden easily.

Just remember, whatever you decide to keep, be sure you love it. Things with negative energy or bad memories bring low energy into your house. Low energy eats away at intuition and creativity. Besides, I like to make room for the new by getting rid of the old. And by the way, I don’t bring much new into the house, but I’m talking about new experiences. I do get rid of lots of old, no longer needed stuff.

Hugs, MM

Lee ensures that clutter doesn’t stay around long in our house. I’m a bit of a hoarder but he like things clean and minimal and he usually gets his way on this lol.
re: pantry
I cant believe you have a spreadsheet for this MM!! thankfully our kitchen is small and the ‘pantry’ is really only a small cupboard with 2 doors.we shop weekly which is mostly fresh produce so not much ends up lost in the darkness of the cupboard lol,

Books are a out killer. we threw out and donated a lot about a month ago. it was so hard to let go of them but at the same time we knew we would probably never read them again.
I agree where you said that items with bad memories bring bad energy into your home. in the same sense i find it hard to give away things that i have positive memories for,like good books. it does leave room for more good things to come but in my opinion you can never have too much positive energy :)

Soon I’m going to organise a “Monster Garage Sale” to raise funds for my son’s soccer club. I hope many people get on board to de-clutter their homes and we might make a few $$$‘s for the club. If anyone has ever had experience with fundraising that works, with little outlay (cost & time) please share as I’m new to this.

That reminds me, I must add an affirmation “I am becoming a great organiser” because I was just thinking the opposite.

I know many people use cleaning as a way to procrastinate (I do), but clearing clutter does wonders for the mind and sometimes is necessary to do before “the important stuff”.

“Even if you’re on the right track – you’ll get run over if you just sit there” Will Rogers

In response to melt86’s post:
Books are my thing too. The computer happened late in my life;I am a book person, and always have felt it was natural having a “library” where I AM. (smiles) Books comfort me.

I AM
Peaceful:
Emotions, Sensations ,
& Feelings

I just remember that I got this link sent to my inbox this week –

Feng shui your clutter

a bit trendy by something to think about in relation to this thread.

I was an accountant for 17 years. My life was spreadsheets! :) Actually, the first time I did it, I took down all the info on a piece of paper and then transferred it to a spreadsheet. Now, I just use the form I created with the contents blank. I have trained my husband to keep it up when he goes to the grocery store, too. He just writes it in pencil. Then, he cannot complain if there is waste because we all know what is inside.

As far as books, that is my one weakness. I am working on thinning my collection. So far, I only have a small 3 feet wide bookshelf with two shelves, so it doesn’t fit any more books. I need to weed it out to make room for some more books. I switched to the library so I didn’t collect any more.

This article made me remember my before and after pictures. As I decluttered my rooms, I spent the money to remodel them. New flooring, new paint, new artwork, etc… That was last years pet project for me since my house turned 10 years old and hadn’t been updated since. You would not know I lived in the same house!!

One of the side benefits of decluttering is the peace it brings to the house. Now, I can sit in front of my fireplace with my two kitties cuddled up on the couch with me and just relax and read a book. I usually set the mood with some incense or candles in my favorite scents. Aww… heaven on earth!!

I am not joking about the benefits to the children. My kids are natural wild ones. When I have only a few toys and books around, they actually PLAY with them…and QUIETLY!!! My house has lost about a bazillion decibles in volume since I got rid of their junk!! I swear the energy changes in the house and the children react to it with peaceful play.

G’nite all~

Thanks for inspiring me to pull out the weeds in my garden all weekend. I didn’t really think about it but the “abandoned house style” might have been affecting us all on some level. As luck had it, the weather wasn’t so hot and it had been raining so the ground was soft and I remembered how much I liked gardening again. Also I went through my big box where I stash anything paper related and actually filed and threw stuff out. Thank you so much for the tips. Need to tackle the kids room next (bit by bit).

“Even if you’re on the right track – you’ll get run over if you just sit there” Will Rogers

I am decluttering too. I am finding that my son is a very emotional hoarder. I got rid of his old bed last week and he cried for about one hour :( He has stuff stashed away in his cupboard which he has NEVER played with and he won’t let it go…

Any tips MM?

Focus

In response to freygan’s post: IMHO, take the things he stashed away, place them in a bag or a box, explain to him you’ll place these things in the bottom of his closet for 1 month, after that period anything he didn’t touch, look at, play with during that time is obviously not important to him and can go away.

We did that with our kids (who are now grown) and it always worked well.

Blessings,
Bruce-
Each Day Is A New Gift From God!

I pay a little attention to feng shui at home. Am not a minimalist, but I pay attention to set the rooms so that energy can flow with a swing and when walking to a room, something beautiful catches the eye.

I also go through my closets and wardrobe every few months and anything that I haven’t used for the past year goes to charity. This also includes things I do not love. I used to keep them, cause so-and-so had given it to me. Now I have decided that I show my appreciation by using it once in from the person and then it goes to the caritas shop.

It took me quit a long time and quit a few moves to realize and accept that one will never miss what one has not used for a year. And it acutally feels good to give them away.

…what a wonderful world….

Hey MM, bought my binders yesterday;ready to exchange folders for binders. I’ll tell ya how it all works out. Thanks MM!

I AM
Peaceful:
Emotions, Sensations ,
& Feelings

In response to freygan’s post:

Hey Freygan, my sister has a little boy who is the same sensitive hoarder. She hasn’t gotten rid of anything of his and her house is bulging at the seems with toys, papers, etc. What I have recommended to her (and she has not taken…) is to agree with the child that you are going to pack it away for a little while. If they don’t ask for it, I’d donate/pitch/etc. When my niece does it, her back up is to say she cannot find where she placed the box – but they have never asked. Out of sight, out of mind…

You know what I do when I have the same hoarding problem? I bring my niece in my house. I LEAVE!! I have her make the determination in my “unsure” box whether to put it away for a few months or donate/trash now. I have some problems sometimes with hoarding, but she never tells me what she got rid of and I never know. What does that tell you? :) Oh, and I always get rid of my unsure box in the end without ever opening it. I just drop it off at the donation center. It’s better that way! Any false attachments to the objects are never dealt with.

In response to aftab’s post:
Great thoughts and ideas!Useful!Thanks.

I AM
Peaceful:
Emotions, Sensations ,
& Feelings

I had a major pantry clean-out yesterday, wow it is so clean & organised now. The oldest item was ground coriander exp 2004, not bad, still in this century.

Competition: can anyone beat 2004! Prize: holiday to Laurie’s place in Florida!

In response to Vivi is focused’s post:
Now, you gave me a hearty laugh, with my big bad cold and all(:

I AM
Peaceful:
Emotions, Sensations ,
& Feelings

In response to Vivi is focused’s post:
Damn, I loose. I moved 2006, nothing is older than that.

…what a wonderful world….

Vivi is the biggest winner anyway… clean pantry!! :) Yay VIVI!!

My house is picked up, but not organized like I prefer it to be. I have to clean my bedroom closet. When dear hubby packed for his trip, he couldn’t decide what to wear, so most of it is in stacks in the closet. (Oh, wouldn’t he just LOVE to know I ratted him out) But seriously, I need to make it much more organized before he gets home. The season hasn’t changed yet, so I have winter & summer clothes in here. It is 75 degrees one day, snowing and 20 degrees the next. Do I sweat or freeze? Something has to go!!

So grateful to MM and her binder-idea(:

I AM
Peaceful:
Emotions, Sensations ,
& Feelings

Awww! Thanks!! :)

Today I received a good tip from my Zen newsletter (by Leo B.)

“Make cleaning and cooking become meditation. Cooking and cleaning are often seen as drudgery, but actually they are both great ways to practice mindfulness, and can be great rituals performed each day. If cooking and cleaning seem like boring chores to you, try doing them as a form of meditation. Put your entire mind into those tasks, concentrate, and do them slowly and completely. It could change your entire day (as well as leave you with a cleaner house)”.

I can see this with cooking, but never thought about in relation to cleaning. I’ll give it a try in regard to mindfulness and meditation.

I AM
Peaceful:
Emotions, Sensations ,
& Feelings

I love the sound of this method as I am one who only sees the “drudgery”. I this works, it will be fabulous! Thanks Laurie.

For three years after my dishwasher had broken, I used to do the dishes by hand. This was definitely my meditation time. I could have replaced the dishwasher, but I actually became addicted to hand-washing the dishes. It was my quiet time in the kitchen – no one allowed in with me. With five children, I was alone for quite some time! (not to mention that anyone who knows my husband – also wonders how creating one meal can use every pot & pan in the house)- :) (man, I miss his cooking!)

The only reason I gave up and purchased a dishwasher is because I couldn’t keep up with the other areas of my life.

I think I’ll meditate on my house today….what a great idea!!

also found a fun feng shui site

I AM
Peaceful:
Emotions, Sensations ,
& Feelings

What a coincidence that I come across this thread TODAY!

I have to go into today to my job in a girls Boarding House to help clear out all their “stuff” so that the house can be let out to Chinese students over the summer.

They do obviously take things home with them but they accumulate so much over the year (and some leave backing to the last minute) that a lot gets left behind. So there you go Im also decluttering, just not my own house (My husbands doing that today)

enjoy life!

Something that is working for me:
While I’m involved with projects, I think of little to big things that also need my attention (from area I’m working on ->to unrelated areas).

I now keep small slips of paper that I’ve cut next to a basket. Every item that comes up I write (only 1 task) on the strip of paper. If it comes up repeatedly I might write it again, with just a little added detail.

Not wanting to break my focus from tasks at hand, I just take the quickly written task, fold it in half and put it in my to-do task place basket.

The process is temporary emotional closure. And when I make a space in my schedule for planning again, I can prioritize the slips/tasks and do-it as part of my plan where it fits. And being a small basket w/neatly folded slips of paper forces me to look at 1 task at a time, and not on a big someday-to-do list book that gets “forgotten” for longer than I want.

I AM
Peaceful:
Emotions, Sensations ,
& Feelings

In response to laurie- does first things first~‘s post:

Hehehe… You reminded me of something I tried and failed dearly at… Sticky Notes… I had one area of the my office that was dedicated to little notes to myself of tasks. If I was in a hurry and wanted to remember to do it, I wrote it on a neon sticky note. I had one neon color for each type of task (errand for home, errand for work, etc). I had them neatly lined up by type. Well, it got a little out of hand and after I filled a wall (literally) with sticky notes, my husband made me take them all down and find a better way!! (The good news is he hired some help for me)

Anyway, this is in no way a comment related to your method… It just reminded me of a funny crisis in my own unorganized “organized” life. :) BTW, BINDERS… I love BINDERS!! :)

Yes from you, I do binders for my bills! Greatest idea instead of folders, where you can easily remove things or they fall out!

I AM
Peaceful:
Emotions, Sensations ,
& Feelings

Ever notice how things just run smoothly in your life when your home is a safe haven filled with positive, loving energy? If there is one thing I want to impart on my children (and anyone who will take the time to listen…hehe) – is your home is a very important place to re-energize and center yourself before going back out into the natural chaos of the modern world.

Here are some tips to handle the extra “stuff” in your house:

1) Take a day with friends / family and set out all the stuff you want to get rid of. Trade for something you may need or desire. Whatever is left over, haul IMMEDIATELY to the donation center of your choice. No looking back!! My sisters and I do this twice a year. It is our way of recycling and getting rid of our extra “stuff”. My goal is to come back with much, MUCH less than I bring. :) I score bonus points with myself if I come back empty handed! :)

2) House filled with children’s school work and beloved art? Pick several (2 or 3) pieces and find a good place to display them. The rest store in a tub. After some time, pitch the contents. Most won’t remember they even had it. Repeat once a month or as often as necessary. I had to get heartless with this one. Do you know how much paper is collected with five children who each attend thirteen years of school????

3) Bills out of control? Get a 3 ring binder with index dividers. When the bill is paid, place it in the binder in their specific section. You can either file it by month or by payee. Personally, I file them by payee so I can easily see when my expenses are being skewed – like my electric bill suddenly doubles from one month to the next. BTW, your desk or office looks much neater when there is only one binder instead of stacks of bills.

4) Do you have unusual medical expenses? This also works very good with those. Believe me, I have found numerous errors that would have cost me a lot of money to ignore. How I handle this is to file the medical bills from the doctors, labs, pharmacies, etc. Then, when the EOB (explanation of benefits) arrives from my insurance company, I compare it to the bill. There have been instances when I paid for something that the insurance also paid for, but no refund was given until I pointed it out to the doctors office.

Office Organizing Tips

I AM
Peaceful:
Emotions, Sensations ,
& Feelings

How to Get Your Paper Under Control
Florence Feldman;Organization consultant Organized Times

• Do each task to the best of your ability.
    Open your mail in the same place each day.
    Sort your papers as you look through them.
    Toss out everything you don’t want or need.
    Have a good paper management system and put your papers away where they belong.
    Make sure the categories you have are relevant.
    Set time aside to adequately do your paperwork.
    Have a good size, sturdy trash container where you sort your papers.
    Have 2-3 inches of extra space in each file
    Have a file cabinet with full-suspension drawers.
    Print your labels with a marker and do them all the same way.
    Before guests come over, bake a cake.
    Enjoy the fruits of your labor. Find any paper quickly and easily.
    Be kind to others who still haven’t learned to manage their paper.
    See paper clutter as a sign for you to get busy and do what you have to do.
    The practice of the above behavior is guaranteed to:
    Promote order
    Aid and support others
    Maintain pleasant feelings
    Lets you move on to doing other things
    Allows you to get rid of silly signs

I AM
Peaceful:
Emotions, Sensations ,
& Feelings

Trash is something one has to deal with on a regular basis. For instance, I clean, clear away, and toss things into the bin almost everyday. Otherwise things will pile up and get bigger than a mountain. Regarding clearing the air… I am not into Feng Shui, but I sure light incense daily. It gets rid of negative energies.

In response to unitedyoungsters’s post:

For me, I love incense, but also for some reason white yummy smelling candles work to. I love to drive my kids batty and chant things like “Out bad energy” as I walk the incense around the room. If they are being particularly rowdy or their room is messy, I like to go in where they are and LOUDLY ask for guidance from the angels with the troubles in the house… and YOU KNOW WHO THEY ARE… suddenly things calm down… I’m not sure if the kids are feeling guilty or the angels are working overtime. :)

My habit is if I spot something that’s in the wrong room, I put it near the door. Any time I leave a room I look down to see what needs migrating along my path. It might take a few layovers before it finally gets to where it belongs, but at least it’s in motion.

can I ask please what is the difference between binders and files

I love this thread ,thanks to everyone for all your contributions – I wish you could all come here and help me : )

wow ,look what just popped up in my emails

Start it; you don’t have to be fancy.

Keep moving; you don’t have to go crazy. Visualize; you don’t have to admit it. See the end result; it doesn’t have to be material. Expect miracles; they don’t have to be huge. Pretend you’ve arrived; you don’t have to dance on tables. And above all else, Pam, have fun. This is why you started it, right? Life, what a trip – The Universe

In response to flowergirl’s post:
Hi Flowergirl! Binders are thin notebooks. Files…are the manila folders …often kept in hanging folders which hang in filing cabinet.

I am old school, and prefer files to putting everything in the PC. I like that because I like to have a physical place to have paperwork…a real fiing system. When I started this thread…my files seem to be overflowing. Keeping up with it is the big thing. I use a shredder, and files to organize incoming paper, and make decisions often what to archive, and what I need for easy reference.

MeditatingMama’s binder system really saved me!

I am always looking for better ways to store paper. I have some good categories of filing-now and love notebooks & binders over numerous files in the file cabinet. I will share some of the filing categories later, and maybe others will share theirs…to make room for improvement.

When I started this thread …more than 6 years ago…March 2009, my paperwork needed real help…and now I just need to stay on top of it(often). MeditatingMama had great ideas!

Now I’m looking for ways to organize PC better(: Being old school with PC… it wasn’t something that came natural…(being home office folder driven…never thought that would need the same regular attention(:

My favorite thing for motivation are the mind movies a member made for me, and audio affirmations another member sent me.

Let me share the mind movie. I think you’ll like it too. I know I do(:
In the video you’ll see reference to the binders/notebooks and printables which I love too.

I AM
Peaceful:
Emotions, Sensations ,
& Feelings

it is so funny sometimes the same words but a bit different meanings ,to me a file is either narrow with 2 rings inside or a lever arch file which are thicker and have 2 rings and a lever to press down to keep papers flat and in place

I need to create a very simple system for myself ,there are papers all over the place and are mixed up .I am with you on the paper files in preference to pc ,I like to be able to actually see things on paper and can have it with me then if I need to phone anyone

2019-noticed all links are no-more here... will be back to revise(:

Thanks flowergirl for bumping this thread!

web helpers I like Kathy Pauuw too
gotten great tips from her, and Julie Morgenstern.

• ~
      old school tickler file (:
      (tickler filer is great for planning daily & quick access to things you need in the present)
      I also have the big horizontal file cabinet..though that’s more for archives/reference material.

ask the coach

member contribution mind movie a member created for me

I AM
Peaceful:
Emotions, Sensations ,
& Feelings

I have a couple of accordion files too

In response to flowergirl’s post: systems are created …best when you figure out what would be your purpose for saving it or utilizing it?

If it is something you need to carry with you, maybe something with rings, colorful pens, and 3×5cards?

I like this

I AM
Peaceful:
Emotions, Sensations ,
& Feelings

You being a student, and learning things at a new job…you may want to ask yourself what you need easy access for, and what you need to archive or use for reference. What do you think?

I do have some great programs in the computer which help prompt my activities and REMEMBER details(:

and systems I purchased at the store to use online for paperwork…which assist.

Though, I enjoy this topic because this is an area I love to keep up with & improve(:

I AM
Peaceful:
Emotions, Sensations ,
& Feelings

I need to create a system for university papers both actual course content and also student loans and dyspraxia help information

also

home information ,bills ,guarantees ,

family papers like birth certificates

It needs to be movable in the house as I use a landline phone ,not a mobile .

I love colour coding and have an abundance of files ,folders ,boxes

then there are all the personal things like photos ,letters ,kids drawings but I think they can wait until I sort out the above things

gosh yes there is much I want to learn about for this job so rearranging my bookshelves could be helpful ,I have lots of books that can help me in my job – we sell lots of crystals and I want to lean lots more about them .
I need to have our home organised before I go back to uni to have a clearer head for all the new information

Yes University papers can really pile up.
Barbara Hemphill (among others) ask great questions:
1. Do I really need this?
2. Where should I keep this?
3. How long?
4. How can I find it?

• I know other students on the site who may join in, and this can become quite a hot topic(:

going to switch this thread to Personal Development… Organization is so important for inner peace.

I AM
Peaceful:
Emotions, Sensations ,
& Feelings

Luckily I have kept last 2 years work tidy in files and most of other uni related papers are in one area of the house

I have found the more focused I am on why anything is any use to me I know more instinctively how accessible I’d like it to be.

Doesn’t mean the system is perfect the first time(:

It has on occasion created a mini-war within me when I see this mindfulness didn’t occur with all of my paper (:

Though, it does assist with my motivation..toward evaluating the past now…penciled in …in my daytimer. Speaking about it now, has created even more motivation and enthusiasm for this ongoing project. Thanks flowergirl(:

I AM
Peaceful:
Emotions, Sensations ,
& Feelings

In response to Appreciating˚‘s post:
love this and sat here nodding as I could have written some of it

whoops moved it…here it is again(:
I like this

grocery

this link vanished-so reposted it here

I hear ya, flowergirl(: Like affirmations…personally its good reinforcement for me..Though, yeah me too…on could’ve written it lol

I being a “domestic goddess” of my “Queendom”. Sweeping, mopping, vacuuming, polishing. I have my jewels displayed fresh cut flowers, they are natures jewels). Everything is sparkling, the scent of lavender permeates the air. I am ready to receive someone truly special and that someone is “Magnificent me”. It is wonderful to be so inspired in caring for myself in my amazing “Queendom” I love myself a “bushel and a peck”. :)

I AM
Peaceful:
Emotions, Sensations ,
& Feelings

wow Nancee ,thank you for sharing this I love it so much – you are helping me more that you will know

bookmark

I AM
Peaceful:
Emotions, Sensations ,
& Feelings

9.png?ssl=14638ca5a5d85af83622acfbf15f9a725--phoenix-quotes-morning-inspiration.jpg595.-CLUTTER-1.jpg

I AM
Peaceful:
Emotions, Sensations ,
& Feelings

Jump to Top ^^

To get the most out of the bmindful forum, please sign up or log in!

Related Content