login to bmindful Sign up for your FREE bmindful account!

To get the most out of the bmindful forum, please sign up or log in!

★Optimisim vs Pessimisim

The optimist was creative enough to build a plane.
The pessimist was fearful enough to build a parachute.

We need both in order to survive. Do you believe that we only need optimism to make it in this world?

What a great question to ponder. Off the cuff, though, I’m not sure if I’d call the person who invented the parachute a pessimist…I see them as proactive within the realm of possibilities. …maybe that makes me a pessimist(:

And in response to your question…do we only need optimism? These realities could be considered relative…to many factors. I believe having a variety of individuals makes the world the beautiful place it is. I’m not sure what the more pessimistic individual would would feel on this topic(:

While it is true, my comfort is often increased… being around that of someone who exhibits optimism… I do learn a great deal from those who see things that I don’t…whether it be more “optimistic” or more “pessimistic”.

I also have experienced dispositions of others (wherever I was on a topic) with something… they felt differently than myself… & it assisted me in being more positive, more grateful, more compassionate….more aware…(in conversation…“devil’s advocate” conversations are very educational). I like to believe we continue to learn from everyone….This reminds me of a great video you once shared…everything happens for a reason…I think it was called. Just a thought(: Thanks Godscreation.

I Am the
Allowing Complete Unadulterated Readiness

I tend to agree,the only thing I can say is“the mind is like a parachute it functions best when it,s open”

Once you get to know Twain, you’ll never be the same.

Sometimes optimism can seem a little irrational, a bit like standing in front of a firing squad singing OH, WHAT A BEAUTIFUL MORNING. But it's still better than pessimism

Anything that anyone gives attention to, becomes true

Optimism-Quotes-10.jpg

I Am the

To-the-contented-even.jpg

I Am the

Jump to Top ^^

To get the most out of the bmindful forum, please sign up or log in!

Related Content