login to bmindful Sign up for your FREE bmindful account!

To get the most out of the bmindful forum, please sign up or log in!

★Fill Your Home with Affirmations 24 Hours a Day?

Yes, it can be done and I’m looking into how to do it. How much? Not that much! What would you need? An old computer and some wireless speakers. You can probably get an old computer for $50 bucks or less, maybe even free that would handle your music/affirmations/audiobooks. Then you’d have to get some wireless speakers. These vary widely in price. I’m looking around at options for this. I’ve found plenty of wireless speakers around the $20 range, but most of the ones I’ve found so far require batteries. Not practical for 24/7 affirmations. Need something with ac power that you can plug in and sit on a shelf. Creative has a nice looking one that looks like a bargain for around $50 bucks – decent size for decent sound. This would be a good option for rooms that you spend more time in – say your office or bedroom. But, wouldn’t it be nice to have little speakers streaming your affirmations to you all the time in every room in your house?

Here is a review of the Creative D100

All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us.
— Gandalf, J.R.R. Tolkien
I’m Alright
Life Less Ordinary

I went to a Fred’s Discount and found some “Universal Portable Speakers”. There were several models, but none of them were hooked up to anything that would allow you to hear them. I can guess that the sound wouldn’t be very good, BUT they would be functional and inexpensive. They were less than ten dollars and they had ac adapters with them. So, one option would to be to set these up in various places in your home and buy a cheap mp3 player for each. If you shopped around for bargains: MP3 Player $10 + External Speaker $10 + Power Adapter for MP3 Player $5 = $25 bucks per room.

Of course, you could always go with wired sound.

I’m Alright
Life Less Ordinary

Another way: Well, you COULD get a cheap boombox and play affirmation cd’s, a boombox with an aux in could be used with an mp3 player. You could pick up a old cassette boombox at a rummage sale or something. As long as it has an aux in that works it wouldn’t even matter if the cassette or cd player even worked. Heck you could probably find one like that for as little as a dollar. Heck, you may have one like that in your garage.

I’m Alright
Life Less Ordinary

I just thought of another way you could do this on the cheap and get really good sound. Computer speakers. That is a mature market, so there are good deals to be found there. I’m pretty sure you could plug an mp3 player directly into computer speakers. I need to check that out.

A set with subwoofer around 20 bucks

I’ve seen sets without subwoofers for ten bucks.

UPDATE!!!
Yes, Virginia, it works. I tested it on my computer speakers and the sound is very good. So, technically, I guess you could get an mp3 player for $5 on ebay and get a ten dollar set of computer speakers (you don’t want usb powered ones for this) and you’d be good to go. Oh yeah, you’d still need a power source for the mp3 player. I think you can get those kinds of adapters for less than five bucks. Seriously, you can get mp3 players all day long on ebay for just a few dollars. Okay, I said don’t get us powered speakers. Actually they do make an adapter for an outlet that you could use to power usb speakers.

I’m Alright
Life Less Ordinary

this is a great idea especially to overcome negative thoughts ,like your thinking ,love flowergirl

I went to Wal Mart last night and looked around a little. They have some little $5 sets of speakers you can use with an mp3 player. They don’t use batteries, they use ac power.

I’m Alright
Life Less Ordinary

Okay, Guys! This looks like a VERY practical solution.
FM Transmitter

I’m Alright
Life Less Ordinary

If you aren’t too worried about audio quality, here is a six dollar solution.
Mono USB FM Transmitter Now we’re talkin’!

I’m Alright
Life Less Ordinary

Here is something from LifeHacker with some info on using speakers with your existing phone lines.
——————————————————————————————

When it comes to audio quality, I, personally, don’t think it matters that much for affirmations. What matter is that your subconscious mind can understand the words. There may be some benefits from better audio quality in some circumstances, but I can’t speak knowledgeably about it. One idea has to do with audio frequencies. Some people claim that the mind can be more receptive in certain states, which, I believe it can, but they claim that by creating frequencies that cause your body/mind to vibrate while listening to stuff like affirmations makes them more effective. I do know how to make such frequencies and have done so on my computer before. I have applied them to affirmations and can attest that your brain will indeed vibrate. Not in a bad way, it just sort of tickles your head from the inside. Of course, you could make annoying frequencies as well probably. Now let’s talk about stereo for a minute. I believe that it can be beneficial to record affirmations in stereo and listen to them in headphones and that doing so, especially right before you fall asleep (because of the state of your mind at that time) can be very beneficial. I believe that you can sort of carpet bomb your subconscious with affirmations at this time. I mention stereo, because it is not that hard to make an affirmation tape/cd/mp3 that has multiple affirmations hitting you all at once and from different areas in a ‘spatial’ sort of way. One voice from left, one from right, one from sort of behind you and all variations of that spectrum. You can learn how to do that kind of thing pretty easily if you play around with audacity – a free program. I have a video link on bmindful somewhere that kind of gives you an overview of how to use audacity, thought I don’t go into that stuff. I think it would be worth trying affirmations in your own voice, but also with other peoples voices if you have someone who can record them for you. My belief is that your subconscious mind is more accepting affirmations when they meet no conscious resistance – I mention that because I think it makes sense to have so many affirmations coming at you that your conscious mind won’t even pay attention to them. I haven’t tried it, but I think it would be worthwhile to make a stereo/mix of affirmations that are hitting your mind in multilayered and multidirectional ways. I hope that makes sense. You can’t do something like that out of a mono radio speaker, but you can with stereo headphones.

I’m Alright
Life Less Ordinary

Okay, so it occurred to me that you could set up your own mini-radio station in your house by simply using your computer – ideally a second computer in your home. It wouldn’t take much of a computer to run something like this – you could pick up an old computer for something for little or possibly no money – most of us have a nerdy friend will lots of spare computer stuff laying around. I did some searching and found that there are many music scheduling software programs out there and not only are they out there many are free. If you set up a secondary computer in your house somewhere you could have a learning/motivating station customized by you and for you in your house 24 hours a day. It would be your ‘smart-station’. Here is what you could do. You could wake up to pre-set music/affirmations, you could have it play affirmations related to healthy eating that started an hour before you ate lunch, you could have it automatically play reminders for you, it could ‘OZMOZMOSIZE’ yo’ brain with stuff you were trying to learn – maybe vocabulary or something – you could have it encourage you to go for an evening walk or write in your journal – you could easily use something like this as a very useful tool for special projects you were working on – you could ease into sleep with affirmations that played all night during sleep. What else could you do. Well, maybe you could have two stations playing simultaneously. One with affirmations all day long and another with all the other stuff – music, reminders whatever. Anyway, it is just a (brilliant) idea I wanted to share with you guys.

Here is what I have found so far, but I have not downloaded or tried any of them yet.
Nautilus Radio Automation Software
Zara
MixTime

Okay, so I downloaded MixTime free version and installed it. It was a fast download. The free version doesn’t come with documentation. It is impressive, though, and worth playing around with. There is a forum, but it is in Russian or something. Now the Zara one, that does come with documentation that you can read AND it looks like it is pretty intuitive and practical. The Nautilus one I’m going to have to read about a bit before I can give you any info on it. I tried to install it, but it’s asking for a password. Info probably in documentation somewhere, but don’t gonna read all that stuff right now, if ever. If you want to play with one of these, I’d say go with Zara.

All I can say so far is “WOW”! Very, VERY cool!!! I swear, I feel like a kid who woke up on Christmas morning to find a completely unlooked for wonderful, magical toy. You know how you sometimes on a rare occasion stumble across something fantastic, like a cheap bottle of great wine, or maybe some hidden valley while you are hiking or maybe an amazing guitar for twenty bucks at a pawn shop or something – this is like that.

I’m Alright
Life Less Ordinary

Another way you can get music all over your house is with something call an av sender receiver system.

I’m Alright
Life Less Ordinary

There is something called Windows Task Scheduler, which I know nothing about, that can be used with Media Monkey that looks interesting. I have and use Media Monkey a lot already and can verify that it is a good program. Here is some info about how you can use Media Monkey as an Alarm Clock

I’m Alright
Life Less Ordinary

It occurs to me that I keep talking about something that might seem overwhelming to some people. There is no reason you couldn’t use stuff you already have and use it to set up a simple ‘learning station’ right now. So what if you don’t have it in every room! You can have it in ONE room with the computer you are staring at right now. You wouldn’t have to do ANYTHING to do that. I say “not do ANYTHING”, by that I mean you wouldn’t have to go out and buy anything new. You WOULD have to spend some time setting up your playlist, but, that in itself would be a worthwhile way to spend some time. You couldn’t set up a great playlist without doing some real thinking about what your playlist would consist of. You would simply HAVE to think about making your life work better. What a great way to spend some time – thinking about and working on yourself to make your life better. Start doing it an improving it as you go. This could be one VERY practical and FUN thing to do – designing and using customized live learning station. It’s something you can start benefiting from immediately. I’m starting right this minute. As soon as I finish this post.

I’m Alright
Life Less Ordinary

Man! This looks interesting! Start your Own Internet Radio Station for Free What a great idea for a group of like minded individuals!
Free Stream Hosting

I’m Alright
Life Less Ordinary

I’ve about beat this horse to death, but here is something that looks interesting to me and would probably appeal to people who had a knack for electronics. BA1404 Hi-Fi Stereo Transmitter
Cost around $25 to build it.

I’m Alright
Life Less Ordinary

Jump to Top ^^

To get the most out of the bmindful forum, please sign up or log in!

Related Content