login to bmindful Sign up for your FREE bmindful account!

To get the most out of the bmindful forum, please sign up or log in!

★transcending or overcoming addictions

THESE DAYS ADDICTIVE OR SELF DESTRUCTIVE BEHAVIOUR IS A CHALLENGE FOR MANY PEOPLE,I WOULD GUESS EVEN PEOPLE STRIVING FOR A MOREMEANINGFUL EXISTENCE” OR ENLIGHTENMENT ITSELF,HAVE HAD TO COME TO TERMS WITH A SUBSTANCE OR BEHAVIOUR, THAT HAS WENT FROM GOOD, TO NOT SO GOOD,TO PAIN AND SUFFERING. I'VE HAD TO PUT THE BRAKES ON A FEW.MOSTLY THROUGH DILIGENCE AND DESIRE,IN OTHER WORDS EVERY BAD OR DESTRUCTIVE HABIT WAS ONLY DEFEATED BECAUSE IF AND WHEN I RELAPSED,I JUST TRIED A LITTLE MORE EFFORT THE NEXT TIME I WAS READY TO QUIT AND THE ADDICTION FINALLY,CONCLUDED THIS GUY IS A TOUGH S.O.B.HE,S NOT GONNA LET US DESTROY HIM.OF COURSE I HAD TO BE WILLING TO SEEK HELP,AND KEEP AN OPEN MIND.WITH THE EMPHASIS ON ONE DAY AT A TIME.IF THERES A POSITIVE NOTE,QUITTING AN ADDICTION CAN FEEL QUITE LIBERATING TO QUOTE A CHRISTIAN SAYING ALMOST LIKE BEING BORN AGAIN.

Once you get to know Twain, you’ll never be the same.

“Change only happens when the pain of holding on is greater than the fear of letting go.”

Willlingness to look, and make changes is a tremendous avenue.

Your sharing indicates so many wonderful qualties about your experience of where you’ve been, your transformational experience and your in the moment appreciation and gratitude for today. Congratulations to you and this moment.

I AM
Peaceful:
Emotions, Sensations ,
& Feelings

In response to SelfcareLivingLifeOfEase's post:

You would have made a good  umpire calling balls and strikes. 

Your comment invited some unexpected tears to these eyes.

Truth is for most of my adult life I used a specific phobia or fear to not only cope with emotions

but mainly to transcend fear which is an emotion of course.I still use the phobia but not as much.Another truth is I can put it into retirement when I am dating or interested in someone.

Food for thought here to anybody who's struggle with any phobia is consider looking at it as 

a good thing because whatever the phobia it may be helping deal with general anxiety that is worse.And there seems to be no shortage of that fear or worry.

Jump to Top ^^

To get the most out of the bmindful forum, please sign up or log in!

Related Content