login to bmindful Sign up for your FREE bmindful account!

To get the most out of the bmindful forum, please sign up or log in!

★ Process of Reducing Writing Blunders...(:

Process of Reducing Writing Blunders...(:

"There's a universe inside your head, constellations of the things you left unsaid." ~ Lauren Aquilina

We are so not perfect!

We have kindness & purpose when we write, and little time to expound...

Let's discuss the idea & the solutions to writing to others...

Let's take into consideration this electronic age ... and the 'ease' in 'sharing' 

and when sharing loses something in the translation.

thoughts?

“ The problem with communication is the illusion that is has occurred “ George Bernard Shaw [(1856-1950) Irish playwright and essayist]

I AM
Peaceful:
Emotions, Sensations ,
& Feelings

Writing is a difficult task because we all write from our own perspective. The reader has to predict our true meaning from only the words we write and the reader interprets the writer’s message from their perspective, and that of course is different from the writers.

Feedback loops that are normal in conversation are missing in writing and so misinterpretation is common. Establishing feedback loops in writing is slow and tedious. Also all communicators must maintain a certain degree of respect and dignity in conversations with each other. Simply be kind in your writing, words and deeds.

Kind-spirited writing is much better received, especially if there is disagreement-values,customs,etc. , rather than mean-spirited writing. (my opinion)

Words are like seeds. When you write them out, they grow into your dreams and spark the imagination of others.

The number one communication blunder that I can think of is hitting the enter key too quickly. Sometimes we want to get our ideas out quickly, and by doing that it can sometimes create problems. It’s the downside of the internet. It’s the good and the bad mixed together in that respect. Free fast flow of info and ideas vs. well thought out info and ideas. I guess you have to take the good with the bad sometimes. Another thing that comes to mind is that you don’t really have visual and audial(is audial a word) clues like you do in face to face communication. It’s hard to know who you are dealing with. Misunderstandings can easily happen in such an environment. We tend to, or at least I tend to believe that most people are normal and good – that is that they are reasonably intelligent and are basically good people. Now, if you go to a place like youtube and start looking at the comments that fly around on there, you will quickly realize that there are a lot of idiots in the world. I’m not being mean here, it’s just the truth. Now, most people can handle that kind of comment in a place like bmindful, at least they should be able to in my opinion. That doesn’t necessarily mean that they can or even WILL handle it or for that matter even TRY to handle it. So, what do you do in that case. I guess you put a little effort into trying to resolve something like that and if it doesn’t work, well, you move on. Life is too short for that stuff. I think being yourself is a big part of being a good communicator. Trying to be something you’re not might work for a short while, but in time, if you say enough, the real you comes through. It’s important to have fun sometimes too. No one is gonna pay attention to anything you say if you are always some sort of martinet. Also, look at this long post I’m making now – it’s LONG. Well, words are flowing right now, I’m not really editing what I am saying. I guess I need to realize that a lot of people aren’t going to read through all this stuff. I know, however, that what I’m writing right now has some value and that maybe someone will read it and get a sense of who I am. So, I’m writing, I’m communicating, it’s not perfect, but it’s not so boring that it’s going to put you to sleep. Hey. Hey. HEYYYYY, I’M TALKINHERE… Where’d they all go?

All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us.
— Gandalf, J.R.R. Tolkien
I’m Alright
Life Less Ordinary

Jump to Top ^^

To get the most out of the bmindful forum, please sign up or log in!

Related Content