login to bmindful Sign up for your FREE bmindful account!

To get the most out of the bmindful forum, please sign up or log in!

★The Power♥ of Caring for YOUR SELF-

by BK Sister Jayanti
I focus inside and I watch what’s happening inside my own inner world.
I see many thoughts flickering on the screen of my mind and I can consciously choose which thoughts to have.
I choose the thought of peace.
I visualise a point of light and in this awareness of peace I know that this is who I am.
I am a being of light.
I am a being of peace.
My thoughts slow down and I savour the beauty of peace within, as my inner world is filled with peace.
I am also filled with light.
I can feel the clouds of confusion receding and as this light becomes bright I can feel my own inner power growing within.
My own being is light, is might, is peace.
Having forgotten myself I had forgotten these original and natural qualities of mine, and now that I know who I am, all these qualities naturally belong to me again and in this awareness I radiate light, peace and might.
And now I let my thoughts come back to the awareness of the physical body that I occupy and the situations in life that I find myself in today, but now I come back with an outlook transformed with an attitude which is very different

I AM
Peaceful:
Emotions, Sensations ,
& Feelings

Last Wednesday I turned off my phone because I had decided to have a deep conversation with myself.

I started listening to my self talk and for a while there my descriptions of myself were just brutal. I felt like a huge failure.

It was going badly for about an hour. Then the lightbulb came on. I realized I was viewing myself externally. My explanations and rationales were attempting to convince someone else I was making good choices.

I shifted on a dime. I decided to stop trying to explain myself to anyone else, even in my internal self talk. I began describing myself according to my own standards and all of a sudden, I realized what a huge success I was. Wow!

Since Wednesday, I’ve been happier with myself and life has dramatically improved too because that positive self-image cannot be kept hidden.

In response to AccidentalNote’s post:
Wow! Very cool example… And loved how you described the shift-process…which pin pointed your willingness to see you and listen to you…to see you in the moment to accept and appreciate the treasure in you that went hidden for just a little while… Thanks for sharing this awesome example(: Your understanding of personal assessment and being true to yourself is not only wonderful for you…it is helpful for myself and I’m sure for others to note ….what we can forget…and how cool it is to rediscover (: Here’s to self-caring/self knowing (: Here’s to you(:

I AM
Peaceful:
Emotions, Sensations ,
& Feelings

These days self care is loving myself,starting at the thing I most wish I change about myself,for example I,m gonna love myself and respect myself,even though I seem to have an irrational phobia,that I,ve wished was not part of my life.So that,s where my self compassion starts,and phobia or no phobia I,m worthy of transending my past fears and also realize this phobia has served a purpose,as a method or way towards a higher consciousness,so it follows that I,m inclined to believe that developing a higher awareness of life is the purpose of existance.

Once you get to know Twain, you’ll never be the same.

In response to AccidentalNote’s post:

I’m pretty sure you aren’t a failure Accidental Note, but let me check something real quick… Yep, I can say without a doubt that you aren’t a failure. I know this because I just checked my lucky, astrology mood watch and it assured me you are definitely not a failure. I don’t think I’d believe in anything if it weren’t for my lucky, astrology mood watch. (Hats off to Steve Martin). Anyway… here are some thoughts I had regarding myself, maybe they will have some meaning for you as well… here is more or less what I wrote to myself…

An interesting thought occurred to me today, more of a word really, or a phrase – it was “fear of commitment”. I think underlying this is a “fear of failure”. I want to focus more on making smart, meaningful commitments. There are lots of convenient excuses I have made for myself over my life to keep me from committing to things. If you don’t commit to anything, then you won’t fail at anything, but failure is a concomitant of success isn’t it? (Notice how I threw that big word in there. Feels good to dust off the big guns every now and again.) Anywho, another word comes to mind and that is disappointment. If you don’t commit you don’t let anyone down, including yourself. At least, that is how it might seem in the short run, but in the long run you are indeed letting yourself and others down by failing to commit to some things, you fail because you fail to fail, and therefore fail to succeed. Options are nice and commitment to one thing or another might well close some of your options for other things, but it is far more fulfilling to succeed at a few things than to fail at everything because of a fear of commitment and failure. Figuring out what is important to us – you and me – and committing to those things is part of being a grown-up, a mature person, a responsible person. Failure to commit to things can be very alluring, it makes the road seem easier somehow, deciding not to decide (whether we are conscious of it or not), and in some ways I guess it is, but easy isn’t necessarily very fulfilling or meaningful. Life is hard. I guess it’s designed that way. Failure, success, sadness, joy, easy, hard, rest, work, …

All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us.
— Gandalf, J.R.R. Tolkien
I’m Alright
Life Less Ordinary

I’ve been working on paying attention my own “self-talk”. It’s amazing some of the things I say to myself and how hurtful they can be. I’ll try and catch myself, stop, and turn it into something more positive. I guess it’s supposed to get easier but I have a lot of years of negative self talk to undo.

I try to look at it as though my thoughts were my super best friend in the universe talking to me. My super best friend would never discourage or put me down. Only be gentle, compliment me and love me. If it’s not something my best friend would say, I’m not going to accept it.

“Around here, however, we don’t look backwards for very long. We keep moving forward, opening up new doors and doing new things… and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths.”
–Walt Disney

Hello HeArtist, Ezdoesit, Accidental Note, SmartRoutinesWithEnthusiasm, I thank you all for stopping by and being part of this chat. This subject, (like to many others) is close to my heart. There are many areas and ways that we as individuals feel connected to being true to ourselves and our own selfcare. To me, when individuals pay an amout of attention to any other person, place or thing that has them steer away from a ‘balanced’ agenda/mindset/being ….of their own…just their own…for their own balance… important stuff, then the tilt has begun…that causes a negative domino effect…Maybe not all at once, and maybe not immediately…
It may begin innocently enough…but motives get lost in the mix, and then one moment in time …every now and then, you start asking questions that seem to go against your greatest belief systems….like AccidentalNote so profoundly, deliberately and wonderfully worked out for himself.

HeArtist,
So cool…the catching yourself in saying something that doesn’t stack up with your beliefs. To me it’s like sorting your laundry, and finding a piece that you don’t remember buying(: Once you remember that you did and you don’t want it ANYMORE…or it never was something YOU chose, you can trash it in the ol’ compactor, because no one else can use it either and replace(: I also really like your analogy of your thoughts being your best friend(:

Ezdoesit, your intentions are worthy of you, and so glad you are here.

And smartroutineswithenthusiasm, Love your new name! I agree with you that this stuff can be hard. I also want to add it can be easier(: My belief is it becomes easier, when we stop trying to interpret our greatest good through others. We can listen and respond…to some person place or thing that we agree with or ways that don’t ….but, it can often be the very distraction…that reminds us…at the end of the day…our time has to begin at home(: Some of us like walking a straight line, and others like taking a scenic route….but how ever we get there…the journey is ours alone and wonderful when we claim it as such, for just about anything we want/need in our wonderfully healthy lives. Just my view…everyone has one(:
————————————————————————————————————-

I AM
Peaceful:
Emotions, Sensations ,
& Feelings

once again interesting topic,and thoughts.I was seeing a lovely therapist years ago.About 2 years into the weekly sessions she told me she was“sick and tired of me being critical of myself” this of course was news to me that I was thinking so negatively.Then I had the thought,geez if she would have said that to me 23 months ago I could have save the 20 bucks every week I was spending on the therapy.But the fact that I was physically attracted to her,I would not have stopped the therapy.Several points to ponder,don,t choose a therapists that,s hotter than julia roberts etc.Anyway that was 1994,her one line comment has helped me ever since…Also did you ever hear this quote “If anyone talked to me like I talked to myself, I,d probably have to beat the hell out of them”

In response to ezdoesit’s post:
Honesty…is definitely important from those we select to support and assist(: No, haven’t heard that quote(:

I AM
Peaceful:
Emotions, Sensations ,
& Feelings

I don,t always articulate clearly,usually I try to be humourous,albeit dark humour at times.I say things in a context of trying to be helpful,as we go through life we,myself included, sometimes have selective hearing,Ultimately it,s a matter of what lenses I choose to interpret things.Anyway thanks for the topic.

• I added a disclaimer:My Lessons May Not Be Your Lessons… The Your in that statement was not Your…you(: The rest of my post was not intended toward you…I have been trying so hard not to have too many posts…that I tacked 2 of my posts together.I was just trying to elaborate on some of my previous thoughts…and connected them to my response to your post. So sorry!!! So …hope you accept my online writing blunder (:
  • You articulated very well!!!! (: I am impressed that you clarified, even though I don’t think you needed to…not for me anyway. I appreciate your sharing. And I did find humor where you intended…in the lesson you were relaying.

I AM
Peaceful:
Emotions, Sensations ,
& Feelings

well sc I,m impressed with your concern,we both are talking about things being percieved in the context we were trying to convey,and your recent comments were quite nice and made me feel good.I can be sensitive at times,I was just talking for nothing,and maybe trying to elicit some response,which was nice to here at this very moment as I am feeling a little blue,so your timeing was excellent.Thanks and no worries,look forward to talking again,possibly on a different subject.

IF I COULD REMEMBER TO SAY LITTLE PRAYS,I COULD BE A LITTLE MORE INDEPENDENT.BECAUSE DEPENDENCE ON A HIGHER POWER,PARADOXICALLY GIVES US MORE INDEPENDENCE

►I see change as an exciting opportunity to expand my being. ►I am excited by the person I see myself becoming. ►My life changes rapidly and I easily manage to maintain equilibrium. ►I know that all change requires action. ►My whole being is changing for the better. ►I ensure that I change myself when the need arises. ►I handle all change that comes my way with grace and ease. ►Today I am attracting all that I need to change my life. ►Each day I do one new thing to improve the quality of my life. ►Change energizes me. ►Change allows me to experience my true nature. ►Each day I stretch my comfort zone a bit further. ►I am eager to make positive changes in my life. ►I challenge my ego’s comfort zone every day. ►I embrace new ways of thinking. ►I love learning new things. ►I regularly de-clutter my life to make room for what I want more of. ►I renew my spirit by regularly trying new things. ►Today I close the door on yesterday, and begin building a new tomorrow. I selected these from Che Garman’s abundant affirmation site…will post link in a bit.
♥`•.¸¸.•´´•:´¨`:•.••.¸¸. ´´¯`•♥

• Acknowledge your resistance and watch yourself bloom !
    Excerpt from a passage written by Jennifer Louden -Life Coach
  • So, when you’re feeling squirrelly, whiny or stuck, take yourself by the hand and say something like, “I don’t feel like doing anything, but I can acknowledge how I feel without being impressed by it. I can accept that I am feeling this way, even if only for a blink of an eye. And when this part of myself feels heard, I can ask, &;squo;What is one thing I can do to be kind to myself right now?’” Love, which is what acknowledgment really amounts to, is truly the great fear dissolver.
  • Acknowledge your resistance and watch yourself bloom !

I AM
Peaceful:
Emotions, Sensations ,
& Feelings

Anything that anyone gives attention to, becomes true

Jump to Top ^^

To get the most out of the bmindful forum, please sign up or log in!

Related Content