login to bmindful Sign up for your FREE bmindful account!

To get the most out of the bmindful forum, please sign up or log in!

★Blessings in Disguise

In this time in the USA when all media is tuned into economy, recession, doom, gloom… I sit and ponder about all the people who are worrying about money, jobs, etc.

I remember when I was in their shoes. It was during the dot.com bust in the early 2000’s. My husband and I were both unemployed. We had children to feed – and I had only given birth to my last baby three weeks earlier when I was given the news of my division closing down. Our choices looked slim.

There were many debt collectors calling. Bills were late. I was losing sleep. All seemed so hopeless. My husband (the rock of the family) looked at me one day and just asked, “Mary, what is the worst that could happen? If we lost everything – so what? Do they take you to debtors jail? No. Do they take your children away from you? You have six siblings who would take them in an instant. Really, what are you freaking out about? Don’t you have faith that we could rebuild it all again?”

That is the single moment that I attribute to the loss of worry about my finances. You know what? We COULD rebuild. Was I so attached to any of my belongings that I couldn’t lose them? No. Not really. In fact, what a great way to lose the clutter! I was only half-joking to myself.

I wish I could convey that to the people who are freaking out. There are people who will help and they can rebuild their lives. It is simply the swing of the pendulum. Nothing changed overnight. I just had to get creative. I found this wonderful organization who traded bags of food in exchange for volunteer work. Boom… food on the table. Little by little, the answers came. The less I worried, the faster they arrived.

One day, I woke up and thought… you know, I don’t have anything to worry about. I can choose to make up something to worry about, but my needs are always taken care of. They may not be taken care of in the manner that I imagined, but I am safe and I am well.

All that dark period that my family went through financially – was simply the doorway to a fantastic life that is tremendously more fulfilling. It was the moment that we were forced to examine our lives and make tough decisions. We always had talked about starting our own business. What better time!

It wasn’t all roses. We struggled. My family was very angry that we didn’t get “real jobs”. There were times when the only thing we had were each other. But, always something would come our way before to keep the lights & heat on in the house. We never gave up.

Fast forward. Our business is six years old. Recession is their reality, not ours. If I could give the worriers one gift, it would be the realization that they are the creators of their life. They have the power to use this time for soul searching – or waste it with thoughts of poverty. Life isn’t always easy, but there are always solutions. You just need to open yourself up to find them. It may not be in the way that you imagine, but don’t shut yourself off to the potential.

For those of you who are struggling in this economy, my heart and blessings go out to you. Keep up the faith, and most of all keep up the courage to NEVER GIVE UP!!!

I am living in many dimensions at once; the appearance of being trapped in time and space is only an illusion.

As meditatingmama said in her post:
her reference to fear of loosing her ‘stuff’, I whole heartedly agree. We do get hung up with our stuff and are in fear of loosing it.

I have dear friends who have from time to time found themselves without any ‘stuff’, then at other times with more stuff than they ever needed. Remaining unattached with their stuff has kept them level and happy.

We could all take a lesson from that attitude. Stuff is not who we are, but this group may be part of who we are! :-)

Blessings,
Bruce-
Each Day Is A New Gift From God!

I’m glad I stumbled across this post. Meditating Mama, you are such a wonderful person. It may sound silly but I’m actually tearing up a little thinking about you. I think there’s something in the Tao about accepting that LIFE IS HARD. Once we accept this truth everything becomes easier. Another thought that comes to mind is that it seems to me that families with less “stuff” are often happier. A child playing in the dirt with a plactic figure is just as happy and probably more happy than the child with the x-box and fifty games to choose from.

All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us.
— Gandalf, J.R.R. Tolkien
I’m Alright
Life Less Ordinary

In response to themadcookieman’s post:

You are very kind!

Oh, and I truly believe “less is more” because my children play better with less! Otherwise, it just piles in heaps of messy junk.

I am living in many dimensions at once; the appearance of being trapped in time and space is only an illusion.

~~~~~~~

Thank you MM for sharing your beautiful life with us!

a favorite thread of mine(: it is filled with  LOVE ...optimism, perseverance, hope, simplicity, joy, turning around ‘adversity’

~~~~~~~

e592e8f764ef860c9d5f62395df5cb63.jpg

~

this is such an awesome thread... Thought I'd add some related ones:

In process:

God's Perfect Timing-contributed by Coach House

Kick Out of Life (Let It Kick You Forward)

I AM
Peaceful:
Emotions, Sensations ,
& Feelings

Anything that anyone gives attention to, becomes true

Thank-you-MeditatingMama.jpg

I AM
Peaceful:
Emotions, Sensations ,
& Feelings

Jump to Top ^^

To get the most out of the bmindful forum, please sign up or log in!

Related Content