login to bmindful Sign up for your FREE bmindful account!

To get the most out of the bmindful forum, please sign up or log in!

★Your health is your most important investment

I’m an investment advisor — actually a financial planner — and I want to talk to you about your most important investment: your health.

The majority of my clients have one question in mind when they first sit down with me: How am I looking with respect to retirement?

Of course they want a financial answer. After they give me enough information I can give them an answer. But it’s not just information about their 401(k) and their brokerage accounts.

You’d be surprised how much of the information they give me is related to health. I need to know. Your health care costs are one of the biggest unknowns for your retirement expenses.

How healthy are you? How active are you? How much do you weigh? What are your medical bills like? What were last year’s medical bills? What medications are you on? What Long Term Care Insurance does your employer offer?

I don’t ask them how much they weigh, but I know their Long Term Care Insurance is going to need that, so I definitely make a note of how insurable they are, weight wise.

It’s a fact. You can be set financially but have a miserable retirement if you don’t take care of your body.

There are no shortcuts.

To lose weight, go hungry for a bit. Listen to your body. You can feel when your blood is grabbing energy stores from your fat instead of from your food. You can’t feel it? Listen closer.

Feeling low? That might be your sugar addiction. Don’t feed it. Enjoy your blood looking for energy somewhere besides a snickers bar or coffee syrup.

Eat things that scrub the fat out of you. Oatmeal. Whole grains. Vegetables.

Stay active. Move around on your job as much as possible. Don’t be a slug behind a desk all day. Every time you get on the phone, stand up (it will give your phone voice more energy too!).

Burn more, eat less.

Stay active. Paint your ceilings. Tend a garden. Mow your own lawn. Help an elderly neighbor’s with theirs. Go to the gym if you have to. Burn calories! Hike on the weekend. Chase your dog. Play frisbee. Stand up!

Sleep longer. It’s related.

No, I don’t have any scientific research for this. Do you really need any? Your creator designed a beautiful thing: you. Obesity is mostly a modern invention and you can reject it if you reject the modern gluttony of stress, entertainment, portions, and food choices.

Enjoy your body. Do some yoga in private. Follow along with the beginner path from a Yoga TV show. Listen to what your body tells you about its weak spots, and improve those spots don’t break them.

Don’t punish yourself with a fitness routine or yoga that injures you. A successful workout is one that allows you to workout again tomorrow. Do something you enjoy.

Laugh. Laugh at anything. It heals you.

Give it a lifetime, and your body will be ready for you and you’ll have a happier retirement.

Thank you for the wonderful reinforcement today(:

I AM
Peaceful:
Emotions, Sensations ,
& Feelings

This is one of the best posts I have ever read! What you say is so, so true. All the wealth in the world cannot buy good health. You can’t hire people to do your pushups or jog for you or diet for you. Modern life is a killer…buck the trend and live the old fashioned way. Cook your own food and move your body.

While this thread was created 5 years ago, I too agree with this being one of the very best posts regarding valuable priorities. It’s content is timeless and well written.

affirmation Life is good and I let it show and flow thru all my thoughts and activities!

“Freedom is the opportunity to make decisions…” [quote by Kenneth Hildebrand]

7ceb47a46fb5c67f54dc5534af93248e--new-year-inspirational-quotes-positive-motivational-quotes.jpg0c37178d1dd1218bfd6790b379338fe6--brielle-taylor-weekend-motivation.jpg

e46814e022a375ebd7aef462e73e8765.jpg

Wonderful thread AccidentalNote!

I AM
Peaceful:
Emotions, Sensations ,
& Feelings

645ec314f60dfc4cf11e1cdceecd7ff2--get-healthy-healthy-eating.jpgae4b4cbb-4002-46ee-9737-01ec61fab675.jpg

I AM
Peaceful:
Emotions, Sensations ,
& Feelings

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQtwT1xi4OIrqwLjyIXMNY5LxooH_GDodOaKQDmBn6_vdH4HYqgnw

I AM
Peaceful:
Emotions, Sensations ,
& Feelings

Health is the greatest gift, contentment the greatest wealth, faithfulness the best relationship.

Buddha

pineapples-1995682__340.png

I AM
Peaceful:
Emotions, Sensations ,
& Feelings

Jump to Top ^^

To get the most out of the bmindful forum, please sign up or log in!

Related Content