login to bmindful Sign up for your FREE bmindful account!

To get the most out of the bmindful forum, please sign up or log in!

★Introducing myself...

• ~
    thread created in 2009
  • ~
    Namasté!

I couldn’t seem to get the “post a reply” field to come up on the introduction thread, so I thought I would jump on here and quickly introduce myself, and say hello to everyone.

I’m a Buddhist monk (30 years now) and a Franciscan contemplative. After serving as the bishop-exarch of the Old Catholic/Emergent Catholic movement in North America, it became necessary (due to my non-theistic philosophy) for me to make the liberating decision to separate myself from institutional religion, and continue my non-sectarian, non-religious work as a personal development coach, spiritual leader and Dharma teacher/monk.

I have been fortunate to work closely with Louise L. Hay, Dr. Kennedy Shultz and Dr. Barbara Roe-Snow, and have written articles as a Science of Mind practitioner, for Science of Mind Magazine, New Thought, and various online publications.

My most recent book, “The Dharma of Compassion: One Monk’s Reflections on the Teachings of the Enlightened and Anointed Ones”, has helped us to spread the word about our intentional spiritual community — The Spiritus Project (http://dharmadudeunplugged.com).

Living with AIDS and Parkinson’s Disease, I devote much of my free time to teaching others how to empower themselves to move through dis-ease, and live vibrant, full lives. I also maintain several blogs, and social networks. I’ve recently assisted my partner, Craig, in starting a consulting, career strategies and personal development firm.

We live in Lancaster, Pennsylvania — the oldest inland city in the United States.

I look forward to sharing with everyone, and applaud Lee and Mel for putting together such a terrific project as bmindful.com I am grateful for the invitation to be here, hope to be of loving support and contribution to the community here.

— gurudas

Welcome to the site! Looking forward to your added presence to the community. It has been quite an amazing site for myself and others. A comfortable place, just to ‘be’, and share our many ideas on growth and work on goals in a full spectrum of areas.

I AM
Peaceful:
Emotions, Sensations ,
& Feelings

Welcome to bmindful. We are so happy to have you here as well and look forward to learning more about you and your teachings.

I am a very huge fan of Louise Hay as well. Her spirit resonates in your words – I can tell. I started reading her books while trying to emerge from a long depression cycle. Her voice and words were so comforting to me that I started to call her my “grandma” since I did not have a matronly figure in my life after the deaths of my mother and grandmothers.

I haven’t read your books (YET!), but I will definitely check it out. My father’s family is from Lancaster, PA (Quaker/Amish) but my mother decided at some point to become Catholic. When I grew up and left, it became a mission of mine to find an organized religion that I felt meaningful to me. After more than 20 years of searching, it became apparent that I wasn’t meant for organized religion. Being spiritual was more important to me than being religious.

There are so many beautiful ideas from all over the world in different religions that I have adopted as my own. Sometimes, it is only concepts from poetry – such as those of Rumi. Words of the Buddha find their way deep into my heart. Yet, passages from the Bhagavad Gita have such great meaning to me. Lao Tzu, Jesus, Mohammad (pbuh)… all with knowledge and understanding to pass on – it seems so limiting to lock down on one dogma and deny myself a universe full of beauty and love that is out there.

Again, welcome to bmindful. I look forward to hearing more from you in the future.

I am living in many dimensions at once; the appearance of being trapped in time and space is only an illusion.

I’m sure your life choices have taken courage and drive! I’m looking forward to seeing your posts here and would like to know where your other posts are. (Private message me if you wish)

I’m sure you’ll find this an uplifting community with whom to share your thoughts and who will lift your spirits, I know I do!

Welcome friend.

Blessings,
Bruce-
Each Day Is A New Gift From God!

Hello dharmadude! I followed you on Twitter the other day because Lee was talking about you (on Twitter, where else?)

You seem vaguely familiar, I met someone on IRC many years ago on #tibet that you remind me of. Have you ever used the name “Thubten”?

I went to one of your sites and really enjoyed reading about Losar and Tonglen. I’m actually not afraid to call myself a Buddhist these days, so there you have it, I’m a Buddhist.

Welcome Welcome Welcome :)

Focus

Jump to Top ^^

To get the most out of the bmindful forum, please sign up or log in!

Related Content