login to bmindful Sign up for your FREE bmindful account!

To get the most out of the bmindful forum, please sign up or log in!

★How many affirmations do you have and how do you use them?

Hi ALL

Simple put..

1) how many affirmations in total do you have that you use daily?

2) how do you use them, eg: say them, think them, write them, shout them, with emotions or without, etc etc

thanks

I have twelve that I use daily… right now i am writing them down in hopes they will sink in

I usually just use one or two a day, all day long.

I have a pretty tight rotation between about 5 of them. Those are the ones that I use all day long to keep my energies focused on what I’m trying to be.

I have a few other affirmations that are “corrective” — I use them to replace negative thoughts on an as-needed basis, but they’re not part of my regular “focused” rotation.

I just think them. Think the words over and over like a meditation. Be the thoughts.

@ coachouse: thank you for replying. How many times are you writing the 12 affirmations a day?

I have read that we should write 1 affirmation at a single sitting (as in at the one time) around 20 times, and we can do that ofcourse once or twice a day, so in your case how much are you writing please?

@ AccidentalNote: thank you for replying. I had tried something similar. I was told once to say my affirmations over 1000times a day, as we have over 60,000 thoughts a day. I had i think between 5-10 affirmations that i was rotating every hour and saying them or rather thinking them, in my mind, rather than saying them out loud, as that wouldnt be possible. I was also only ever stopping, if i had to talk, read or sleep, otherwise i was obsessive at this and was doing it for 3months straight.

At the end nothing happened, and whilst saying the affirmations well thinking them, i knew i had conflicting feelings and images around other goals and things i wanted or whatever.

So in your case how does your strategy differ please and what works for you and hasnt?

thanks

hi james , i have lots but usually pick out between one and four ,it depends on what im doing and how i feel I love writting them like lines and also put them on post its around the house .

Im a bit like the naughty girl at the back of the class as i dont do them all that regularly but i put my heart and soul into them on the days i do .

It certainly makes me feel positive when i do them .

Go by your feelings ,experiment with what feels right and trust in yourself ,love flowergirl

I didn’t really know about “using affirmations” or The Secret until I clicked on the link to bmindful that first time. I now understand what before I never really paid much attention to when I heard others talk “new age culture” such as Oprah. Now when I listen to her , because of what I’ve learned here , I more understand that it isn’t just a bunch of gibberish.

One thing that has been clarified for me especially is that is not a new age culture but one of the oldest ways. Also in my opinion it is not meant to replace any other way but rather to coincide.

Another is that without knowing it I have since the day I had my first thought been using affirmations , i.e. positive thoughts.

Personally I don’t think one needs a list per say because we all have the ability to think and change our thoughts on the spot or when an occasion arises. But it is a good idea to have them written down especially during those times that we allow ourselves to become too busy and lose focus.

Since first reading The Power of Positive Thinking almost 30 years ago I have tried to begin each day with 3 affirmations which I learned from that book, and then later in life , the bible. It’s usually on the days that I forget to start my day this way that I later realizes why things seem out of sync.

These 3 affirmations are “ I can do all things through Christ which strengthen me “ , “ I am in God’s hands “ , and “ If God be for me than none can be against me “ .

And I don’t have them written down anywhere I’ve just memorized them and they come in handy especially in times of worry or fear, they help me to relax.

I didn’t start making an actual list of affirmations until joining bmindful and it helped greatly to see where I was , what issues were needing to be dealt with and taking that first step of action to insure positive results.

I am currently working on organizing /categorizing these and any knew affirmations in a notebook for future reference if I should need to use certain ones again. As I don’t continuously have the same negative energy fighting for space in my mind/body/spirit/self. My needs change , evolve.

I also feel that after some time if we haven’t seen an affirmation working , then it is time to rethink or reword it. Plus if we have seen benefits from one , if it has worked then it should be checked off or another one put in it’s place. As we have grown from that point and are no longer there , we need to continue , not grow stagnate.

We need to have the ability to KNOW when it is time to stop using an affirmation or create a new one.

I like the idea of using post it notes around the house , however I happen to live with cynics and so I must respect their space as well as keep the peace around here. My peace , my serenity.

As I have said , I am knew to this , although it has been around everywhere and is as ancient as our own and our ancestors memories.

These opinions are mine and are based on my growing knowledge and hopefully wisdom I have walked away with from each life lesson.

Hi James…. I write them at least once a day as soon as I get to work…. they help keep me focused on who I want to be…. later in the day I try to meditae on other ones that deal with my goals… how are things going? love and peace Kathy

Hi James, me again…. have you read THE VORTYEX by Esther Hicks? in that book she explains how to take an affirmation that feels uncomfortable to you and word it so you can add the positive emotional feelings to it…. another thing she says is that nothing you want is up stream, so stay in the flow…. Kathy

@ coachhouse: hi :) when you said you write them down at least once a day, can you go into a little more precise clarity as to how fast or slow you write, and how many, etc?

mediate on them, what do you mean by this please?

I found the vortex pdf, and couldnt find anything about affirmations in there :s lol

@ Accidentalnote: i have tried that, i was repeating 1 to 5 to 10 a day, every hour in my mind for 3months. Only times i stopped was when i was sleeping, reading/thinking or talking

nothing happened, and all the way through doubt and ill-feelings were in my chest, i could feel that and the negative images in my head even whilst saying the affirmations etc

what have you found?x

@ flowergirl: thank you :)

I don’t know, James. If you have negative images it might help to examine where they’re coming from. If they’re coming from the past, you have to forgive the past and look forward — it’s the only way — you can’t improve the past. If they’re coming from fear, you have to plan a better future. Do you know where they’re coming from?

AccidentalNote: hi thanks and no, no idea at all, but thats when i realised that affirmations cant be about saying them consciously all day long, since the images arent changing and thus the feelings etc

When i tried to find answers, i found some places online say that affirmations are there to create images and its the images we have to change, so saying them as a chant doesnt necessarily work unless you actually keep flashing an image of what you want which also has a positive feeling, what do you think?

I think you might be very visual. It seems affirmations are more about imagery for you.

For me, they’re more about self-talk. Positive self-reminders about what’s important.

Either way, I truly believe we fulfill our thoughts, whether those thoughts are words, images, or even just a feeling.

Whatever works!

About the doubts, or negative feelings. Here’s a relevant quote:

Whenever you notice that some form of negativity has arisen within you, look on it not as a failure, but as a helpful signal that reminds you to be more present ~ Eckhart Tolle

Finding-Home-Fun-with-Affirmations.jpg

I AM
Peaceful:
Emotions, Sensations ,
& Feelings

In response to Selfcare:I Like Right Now♡˚'s post:

Thanks for finding this thread!

I love affirmations, any way that you find to make use of them, its all good.

I've learned so much, its impossible to say it all in one sentence.

I've learned about myself, and the more self aware I became, I was able to understand and appreciate others, and their life situation.

I've learned so much from reading quotes from other people, from athletes, gymnastics, scientists, mathematicians, economists, poets, philosophers, mystics, authors, musicians, dancers, artists, sculptors, surgeons, physicians, leaders, supreme court justices to AA meetings and Presidents. One time, I tried to write a list of all of the people who have made a positive impression or had a positive influence on me or my life views, and I quickly realized that it was impossible!!

What I realized is that we all stand on each others shoulders... So much so, that we are, in some way, in tune, harmonically. Synchronous. 

I've found my own flow with writing, and I can tell that different moods reflected by the use of words. Affirmations are fun.  They are also valuable. Many are life time keepers. 

For me, its less about how you use them but rather what their contribution brings, whether it is a greater self awareness or a maybe it the unveiling of a huge blind spot. Those are really amazing... and, those blind spots really allow us to connect -- again to others, and reinforce the nature of our journey of consciousness...

“Radical Acceptance is the ability to face hardships with greater love and deeper awareness.
Contemplation shapes radical acceptance as a way to choose love and peace over anger and despair.
Begin by finding this within ourselves before helping others.

In response to Kathi's post:

very beautiful Kathi! And I thank you for resurfacing this thread!

and I love rereading this thread!

thank you Bmindful!

I AM
Peaceful:
Emotions, Sensations ,
& Feelings

In response to jamesUK's post

JamesUK asks 

1) how many affirmations in total do you have that you use daily?

2) how do you use them, eg: say them, think them, write them, shout them, with emotions or without, etc etc

thanks

Oh my, how shall I count the ways lol

First let me say affirmations I sometimes feel are my first language

1d305267d4210f838c19dc54ba9383f6.jpghead-674125__340.jpg

I wake up with the desire to only utilize what works for the life I love

I begin where I am ... think of what currently matters in the moment... and progress... and I do mean progress from there.

I love groups and groups of affirmations.

I love creating dialogue from what comes to me... and from the choices mostly... from this site. I literally have posted thousands on profile page.

And like Kathi and others on this site... quotes are magical too.Quotation-Miles-Davis-I-m-always-thinking-about-creating-My-future-starts-when-7-36-10.jpg

I also love to add images.ponderaffirmationprosperity1.jpg

I start my day like this... every single day. 

When I'm home I do it again. 

I love the energy!

I love the possibilities!

I love the alignment and the progression!

It has even improved my prayer and faith 

I go to life with more belief than hope. Though hope is very powerful too!

With prayer I know my Source... my God is unfailing.

I allow the seed of belief to grow as I have

I allow the Spark within me to engage in ways I could never plan alone

I see myself as a powerful co-creator

as we all are

all just gets better when we go to our heart place where all is well and believing is easier...  and claim from there the joy, love and harmony we already are 

I AM
Peaceful:
Emotions, Sensations ,
& Feelings

In response to Selfcare:I Like Right Now♡˚'s post:

Yeeeeszzz!

Shout them, sing them, hold them in your heart, and speak them in your daily consciousness!!!!

Life is all about choosing, isn't it?

It's what makes the kingdom of man the most distinct, is the gift of choice, of having and exercising will.

Knowing how to tap into and to use will power is, in itself, immense. It's empowering. But it is most empowering when you can manage to connect with others who are in the similar experience of empowerment.  You really have to learn to direct its flow to yourself. It's one thing to be generous with others....... but you must be equally generous with yourself!!

Love really is the path. And I choose to make Love my path. It is my truth. And it gives me all that I could ever ask or want, no matter how challenged I find my self. I always make room for Love...!

“Radical Acceptance is the ability to face hardships with greater love and deeper awareness.
Contemplation shapes radical acceptance as a way to choose love and peace over anger and despair.
Begin by finding this within ourselves before helping others.

Thank you for your inspirational post.

It got me thinking/feeling so much!

And yes generous with self...

which enables generosity with others!

Kathy writes:

In response to Selfcare:I Like Right Now˚'s post:

Yeeeeszzz!

Shout them, sing them, hold them in your heart, and speak them in your daily consciousness!!!!

Life is all about choosing, isn't it?

It's what makes the kingdom of man the most distinct, is the gift of choice, of having and exercising will.

Knowing how to tap into and to use will power is, in itself, immense. It's empowering. But it is most empowering when you can manage to connect with others who are in the similar experience of empowerment.  You really have to learn to direct its flow to yourself. It's one thing to be generous with others....... but you must be equally generous with yourself!!

Love really is the path. And I choose to make Love my path. It is my truth. And it gives me all that I could ever ask or want, no matter how challenged I find my self. I always make room for Love...!

• Oh yes to CHOICE!!!!
  • And when you know others that also know how to tap into this powerful tool ~ perfect! And this is extremely powerful when you connect with others with a similar experience of this power.
  • Though.... another powerful powerful experience comes by way of loving contrast; contrast when we are loving life and loving people and some person, place or thing is not on our path energetically...and all we want is love,peace and harmony.
  • So... we have the focus (coming from our spirit) on the energy of love, peace and harmony... and include what it is that we don't want with the energy and allowing of love, peace and harmony... The mix brings our spirit to the interconnections of everything, and the true power one has have over their  own experience. (the experience of knowing we are Love)
  • And love... oh yes love. Nothing can truly stop you from being the very love you are,
  • And the harmonious flow is your experience and love is  all that is and all that is 'allowed'
  • You will never 'make' others experience what you are experiencing...though allowing the energy of love permits what is possible in the best of ways.
  • It is all joyously  forever more than you'd ever expect by forcing and just desiring.And we get to keep our own experience. We get to share our loving gifts with what is... and all becomes the more that we could never plan alone. And we can feel, see, hear the joy that always is.

I AM
Peaceful:
Emotions, Sensations ,
& Feelings

In response to Kathi's post: In response to Selfcare:I Like Right Now♡˚'s post:I love this quote below 

because -we are always where we need to be.(:

When  we are clear on the exact gifts we are open to share with others, the conviction of our generosity breaks the spell of energetically taking on other people's experiences.

Matt Kahn, Everything is Here to Help You: A Loving Guide to Your Evolution

I AM
Peaceful:
Emotions, Sensations ,
& Feelings

Jump to Top ^^

To get the most out of the bmindful forum, please sign up or log in!

Related Content