login to bmindful Sign up for your FREE bmindful account!

To get the most out of the bmindful forum, please sign up or log in!

★Random Acts Of Kindness

Hello Everyone!

I was inspired by our new member William B. Doing random acts of kindness in turn makes me very happy. It is something that I have a passion for because I believe out world really needs love and can cause a new wave of happiness and caring in all our lives.

The daily news we hear very rarely brings any hope to mankind it brings anger and depression and spreads hate. Tv programs that have tried to start positive ideas usually fail. But people are tired of hearing that now and need to feel there is hope. We can help to bring positve changes to our world. Here is wonderful information to help you on your way. May God/Creator, Supreme Being bring you happiness, love and abundance of all that is good.

Love Mary

Random Act of Kindness: 15 Ideas To Kickstart Your Intention
What is a Random Act Of Kindness:

Here is how Wikipedia defines a random act of kindness….
“A random act of kindness is a purportedly selfless act performed by a person or persons wishing to either assist or cheer up an individual or in some cases even an animal. There will generally be no reason other than to make people smile, or be happier. Either spontaneous or planned in advance, random acts of kindness are encouraged by various communities.”

In 1982, California peace activist Ann Herbert scribbled on a placemat in a restuarant “Practice random acts of kindness and senseless acts of beauty.” The words left an impression on a fellow diner, who later told the phrase to others. The words inspired much thought and conversation, including the movie “Pay it Forward” in 2000. An international bestseller also helped to catapult this concept.

There is now a World Kindness Movement. I also found out to my surprise, while doing a google search, that many of the meetings by this movement is being held here from Singapore (my country.

Why Bother To Make A Random Act of Kindness
Well, committing a random act of kindness is a demonstration of the generosity of your spirit. Kindness is an expression of love. It is an abundance concept. It is the thinking that you are full of love for your fellow human kind that you’ve got more to give, even to strangers or people that you don’t really know.

“A random act of kindness is a manifestation of abundance thinking.”
Sure, you do have to start with being kind to those nearest to you. However, when you commit an act randomly, maybe anonymously as well, you are extending an energy of love, hope, trust and support to the Universe.

Making a random act of kindness is fulfilling in itself. It provides you the opportunity for expansive awareness, a chance to explore your potential for human divinity. While you may have committed your act to benefit the recipient and not to ask for anything in return, you get untold benefits in terms of joy and purpose that you have served others.

Do it often enough, it’s no longer called random; it’s kindness that permeates all levels of your Being.

“Some measure their lives by days and years,
Others by heart throbs, passion and tears;
But the surest measure under the sun,
Is what in your lifetime for others you have done.”
— Ruth Smeltzer

Random Act of Kindness To Dissolve Random Act of Violence
As it is often discussed, random- acts- of -kindness is today’s antidote to random acts of terrorism and violence. You continue to read in the papers about intricate plots by terrorist groups, bent on crashing or bombing planes killing randomly all on board. These are usually sensational news, perhaps meant to highlight to you the importance about being vigiliant and to treasure peace and security.

At the same time, how often do you read of reported cases of random acts of kindness? If random acts of kindness can be encouraged, they can overshadow acts of senseless killing, bringing about a More Loving World.
The threat of terrorism is a dense negative energy that you probably instinctively experience, whenever you come across such news. You feel it in the chill of your spine, thinking about how potentially destructive terrorism can be.

It’s good to be aware that random acts of kindness can dissolve this negative energy, bringing the Universe to much light. Then, maybe, these so-called random acts of kindness will not be occuring at an infrequent time space reality but much as a way of life.

How To Make A Random Act of Kindness
It’s more than likely that you’ve ever committed a random act of kindness. To make this a conscious process, simply form an intention to be kind and start with an act today.
You may be tempted to think that an act of kindness often involves the giving of money or the buying of gifts. However, it need not necessarily be so. It can be as simple as sending a card, doing a unsolicited task for those in need or letting others in a hurry to get ahead of you in line.
As with everything, the more often you do it, the more it becomes a habit. Your next act can seem small to you but may mean a lot to the recipient!

Aesop once said…
“No act of kindness, no matter how small, is ever wasted.”

14 Other Examples For A Random Act of Kindness To Pick From.

1. Pay the toll for the person behind you.
This is perhaps the most common example cited. If you’re at a motorway toll booth, pay for the car behind.

2. Donate to a charitable cause.
Turn your papers today to look for a charitable cause to donate to. Forget about the tax break for larger donation sums, even if it is a small amount that you can afford.

3. Send an anonymous card.
Think about someone who deserves to know that he or she is worthy of love or as an acknowledgement of what he or she has done. How often have we been rendered good customer service and a “thank you” is all we give? How about taking it one step further? Send a card. You may not even want to sign off with your name.

4. Deliver a goody basket made with love.

Bake muffins or cookies and send them to the old folk’s or children’s home.
5. Be kind to your environment.

Avoid littering your environment. Treat your environment with loving care and kindness. While at the beach, pick up the rubbish.

6. Cheer the dispirited.
Grab a bunch of flowers and give it to the cleaner of the toilets in your office building. He or she may be looking somewhat dispirited while slogging away at a less-than glamourous job.

7. Let the person in a hurry behind, go before you.
If you are not in a hurry but notice that the person behind you is, let him or her go first. Here you are showing kindness by giving up your time.

8. Lend a helping hand to a distraught parent.Kids missing in shopping centers or in public areas occur very often. Parents are often distraught. Offer to help look for these kids.

9. Give up your seat in the public bus to the weary soul.
While it may not take all that much for you to give up your seat in a crowded public bus to the pregnant or the elderly, how about giving up your seat to just any passenger who looks weary or who is carrying a heavy bag?

10. Offer your hand in carrying groceries at the supermarket.
If you notice someone who is struggling with carrying bags of groceries, offer to help lighten their load.

11. Be kind to stray cats or dogs.
The practice of loving kindness should not just extend to your fellow human race. You should also show kindness to animals. If you notice a stray cat or dog, do the right thing and not kick it away!

12. Do a secret act of service.
If you notice a neighbor or a colleague in need of some assistance, how about rendering the help secretly? It can be mowing your neighbor’s untidy lawn or it can be sorting out some files for your colleague. Leave an anonymous card that says “please pay it forward”.

13. Give up your lunch to the needy.
How about skipping your expensive lunch today and donating the money away? Or you can buy lunch and give it to those in need on the street around the corner. Consider having just a salad for yourself instead.

14. Volunteer your help randomly.
Pick randomly a family or someone in crisis. Don’t know where to look? Search your local newspaper or church for leads. Determine if you can offer in kind or in service.

“The only ones among you who will be truly happy are those who have sought and found how to serve.”— Albert Schweitzer, Nobel Prize Winner

DON’T FORGET TO EMAIL FRIENDS AND ASK TO PASS THE WORD ON!!

Godscreation, I know I’ve shared how much I like your post/thread…but wanted to repeat!(: I really like this and will share with others(:

Thank you(:

I AM
Peaceful:
Emotions, Sensations ,
& Feelings

In response to Rejuvenated-Reinvented-Free Spirit’s post:

Thank you Laurie! Today while takiing a walk I started to pick up trash along the way and deposit it in the nearby trash can. It made me feel good because that area is a lttle cleaner guess and what? I found a quarter! Thank you Universe!!! (:(:

In response to Godscreation’s post:

Wonderful attitude…(:

“Life is made up, not of great sacrifices or duties, but of little things, in which smiles, and kindnesses, and small obligations, given habitually, are what win and preserve the heart and secure comfort” Humphrey Davy quotes (English chemist 1778-1829)

Ahhh giving…..from a heartfelt smile, being present when someone is in view…to giving something that is needed when it is needed….anonymously or not…(:

I AM
Peaceful:
Emotions, Sensations ,
& Feelings

In response to Rejuvenated-Reinvented-Free Spirit’s post:

I love your words Laurie sooooo positive. Blessings to you!!!

Today I helped three women who spoke very little english cross the street today. I have a thank you for my journal on giving thanks. The light was out and they just stood standing there for a long time waiting to cross. I came up to them and explained that they had to cross when it was safe and their turn. They were both very happy I helped them.

If you drive a car,that,s a good place to p.r.a.o.k. inparticular if on occasion you drive aggressively like me.You,ll see it not only benifits other drivers,but also yourself.

Once you get to know Twain, you’ll never be the same.

Jump to Top ^^

To get the most out of the bmindful forum, please sign up or log in!

Related Content