login to bmindful Sign up for your FREE bmindful account!

To get the most out of the bmindful forum, please sign up or log in!

★-You'll Never Look At carrot, egg, & coffee the same way

thread mostly  created in 2011...to 2013 ... and continued a bit  over time

Thanks Jeff & Flowergirl for stopping by(:

Fell free bmindful friends to continue to visit.

love your precious company(:

Quoted From Creating Abundant Lifestyles

A carrot, an egg, and a cup of coffee. You will never look at a cup of coffee the same way again.

A young woman went to her mother and told her about her life and how things were so hard for her. She did not know how she was going to make it and wanted to give up, She was tired of fighting and struggling. It seemed as one problem was solved, a new one arose.

Her mother took her to the kitchen. She filled three pots with water and placed each on a high fire. Soon the pots came to boil. In the first she placed carrots, in the second she placed eggs, and in the last she placed ground coffee beans. She let them sit and boil; without saying a word…
In about twenty minutes she turned off the burners. She fished the carrots out and placed them in a bowl. She pulled the eggs out and placed them in a bowl. Then she ladled the coffee out and placed it in a bowl. Turning to her daughter, she asked, ‘ Tell me what you see.’

‘Carrots, eggs, and coffee,’ she replied.

Her mother brought her closer and asked her to feel the carrots. She did and noted that they were soft. The mother then asked the daughter to take an egg and break it. After pulling off the shell, she observed the hard boiled egg.

Finally, the mother asked the daughter to sip the coffee. The daughter smiled as she tasted its rich aroma. The daughter then asked, ‘What does it mean, mother?’

Her mother explained that each of these objects had faced the same adversity: boiling water. Each reacted differently. The carrot went in strong, hard, and unrelenting. However, after being subjected to the boiling water, it softened and became weak. The egg had been fragile. Its thin outer shell had protected its liquid interior, but after sitting through the boiling water, its inside became hardened. The ground coffee beans were unique, however. After they were in the boiling water, they had changed the water.

‘Which are you?’ she asked her daughter. ‘When adversity knocks on your door, how do you respond? Are you a carrot, an egg or a coffee bean?

Think of this: Which am I? Am I the carrot that seems strong, but with pain and adversity do I wilt and become soft and lose my strength?

Am I the egg that starts with a malleable heart, but changes with the heat? Did I have a fluid spirit, but after a death, a breakup, a financial hardship or some other trial, have I become hardened and stiff? Does my shell look the same, but on the inside am I bitter and tough with a stiff spirit and hardened heart?

Or am I like the coffee bean? The bean actually changes the hot water, the very circumstance that brings the pain. When the water gets hot, it releases the fragrance and flavor..

If you are like the bean, when things are at their worst, you get better and change the situation around you. When the hour is the darkest and trials are their greatest do you elevate yourself to another level? How do you handle adversity? Are you a carrot, an egg or a coffee bean?

If you have enough happiness to make you sweet, enough trials to make you strong, enough sorrow to keep you human and enough hope to make you happy. The happiest of people don’t necessarily have the best of everything; they just make the most of everything that comes along their way. The brightest future will always be based on a forgotten past; you can’t go forward in life until you let go of your past failures and heartaches.

When you were born, you were crying and everyone around you was smiling. Live your life so at the end, you’re the one who is smiling and everyone around you is crying.

Brighten someone’s life today on purpose.

May we all be COFFEE!!!!!!

May  we all have unstoppable success…

~

One of my favorite quotes were these well-known words written by an unknown Confederate soldier:

I asked for strength, that I might achieve,
I was made weak, that I might learn humility.

I asked for health, that I might do greater things.
I was given infirmity, that I might do better things.

I asked for riches, that I might be happy,
I was given poverty, that I might be wise.

I asked for power, that I might have the praise of others,
I was given weakness, that I might feel the need of God.

I asked for all things that I might enjoy life,
I was given life that I might enjoy all things.

I got nothing that I had asked for –
but everything I had hoped for.

Almost, despite myself, my unspoken prayers were answered.
I am… most richly blessed.

• ~

Six Men and a Glass
    by HAIDER on JANUARY 17, 2009 in SUCCESS MINDSET
    Is the glass half empty or half full?

A very popular question intended to distinguish between Pessimism (who sees the glass half empty) and Optimism (who sees the glass half full).

However, there are actually four more gentlemen gathered around the glass, who are usually not mentioned, even though their points of view are very common and extremely important to understand.

Let me introduce you to these four gentlemen, and let’s see what they have to say about the glass in front of them.

Realism While Optimism and Pessimism can’t see eye to eye because they are looking at different aspects of the glass, Realism is able to appreciate what each of his friends are seeing: he sees the entire glass, both the full half and the empty half.

His attitude isn’t skewed by half the story because he is able to see the full story, both its positive and negative dimensions. He is able to appreciate what there is, as well as to admit what is lacking. He can choose to feel contented with what there is, or aspire to fill the whole glass.

Optimism, Pessimism and Realism share a very important characteristic: they are all seeing the glass for what it is. What distinguishes them from each other is what they choose to focus on.

And this is what differentiates them from their other three friends…

Wishful Thinking While Optimism, Pessimism and Realism are contemplating the contents of the glass, Wishful Thinking is jumping with joy that the glass is full!

It’s not full, but that’s how Wishful Thinking apparently “sees” it. Wishful Thinking doesn’t care much about reality. Sometimes reality is an inconvenience for human happiness, so he chooses to create the “reality” that makes him happy. In this case, it’s a full glass.

But this doesn’t change the fact that the glass is only half full, no matter how hard Wishful Thinking wants it to be full. From a distance, Wishful Thinking can remain contented that the glass is full, but he will be unpleasantly disappointed when he tries to drink from the glass.

Limiting Belief Our friend, Limiting Belief, is sitting uncomfortably with his friends. He can’t seem to understand how they can see any water in the glass when it’s obviously empty! Obvious only to him. Obviously.

Limiting Belief doesn’t focus on the negative. He denies the positive. He dismisses the existence of a reality and, therefore, cannot come to appreciate it or make use of it. Limiting Belief could very well die of thirst by the side of a river, simply because he denies that the river exists!

Evasion While all his friends are facing the glass, Evasion is looking the other way. He’s fearful of what he might discover about the glass. Fearful of what to expect. Fearful of what the content of the glass would mean to him. Fearful of what the content of the glass would require him to do.

He, therefore, chooses not to look at the glass, or listen to what others have to say about it. “Ignorance is bliss,” and by remaining ignorant he doesn’t have to worry whether the glass is empty, half full or full. He believes he can go through life happily unaware of what the glass has to offer, and by directing his attention elsewhere.

While he doesn’t like to admit this, but Evasion sometimes feels compelled to find out what’s in the glass, and he chooses to drown those feelings with distractions. Alcohol is always a convenient choice, though he has sometimes tried out drugs to numb the feeling of curiosity and irritating consciousness.

The Six Men I’m sure we can all relate to one of these men in different situations in our lives. We are sometimes optimistic, other times we are pessimistic. We sometimes face reality and sometimes choose to ignore it. We sometimes fool ourselves by inventing a new “reality” that brings us happiness, or a “reality” that confines us to what we feel comfortable with, while ignoring all the opportunities that exist for us, and the potential within us.

But for us to achieve happiness, it’s important that we:

Accept reality for what it is
    Appreciate what we have
    Use what we have to gain what we want
    We need to befriend Realism, while being acquainted with his friends, and being aware of what influence they can have on our lives.

Positive emotions make us more resilient

Our emotions affect our long term well-being. Research shows that experiencing positive emotions in a 3-to-1 ratio with negative ones leads to a tipping point beyond which we naturally become more resilient to adversity and better able to achieve things. actionforhappiness.org.

Live with intention.
Walk to the edge.
Listen hard.
Practice wellness.
Play with abandon.
Laugh.
Choose with no regret.
Appreciate your friends.
Continue to learn.
Do what you love.
Live as if this is all there is.
- Mary Anne Radmacher
Everybody has their own private Mount Everest they were put on this earth to climb. -Hugh Macleod

• Mastery does not emerge from personal force but from spiritual surrender. Once you’ve felt a feeling and surrendered it, you are not simply left with it, as if you’re dangling from an emotional cliff and about to fall into an abyss from which you can never escape. When you give a painful emotion to Divine Mind, you give it to a power that can take it from you by changing the thoughts that produced it. -Marianne Williamson
        Marianne Williamson is an internationally acclaimed spiritual teacher. Six of her ten published books have been New York Times Best

• article attitude, be an inspiration, And this too shall pass, Focus on your Opportunities, Visualize Success…

Clouds come floating into my life,
    no longer to carry rain or usher storm,
    but to add color to my sunset sky.
    - Rabindranath Tagore

•Quotes•
    • Happiness cannot be traveled to, owned, earned, worn or consumed. Happiness is the spiritual experience of living every minute with love, grace, and gratitude. [Dennis Waitley]

• I’m going to be happy. I’m going to skip. I’m going to be glad. I’m going to smile a lot. I’m going to be easy. I’m going to count my blessings. I’m going to look for reasons to feel good. I’m going to dig up positive things from the past. I’m going to look for positive things where I stand. I’m going to look for positive things in the future. It is my natural state to be a happy person. It’s natural for me to love and to laugh. This is what is most natural for me. I am a happy person![Abraham]

• music• “ Freedom by Jason Mraz”:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D8ubsXJliSU&feature=player_embedded

I picture something, it’s beautiful
    It’s full of life, and it is all blue
    I’ve seen the sunset on the beach, yeah
    It makes me feel calm
    When I’m calm, I feel good

And when I feel good, I sing
    And the joy it brings makes me feel good
    And the joy it brings

Come on along
    I know you really wanna feel our song
    We’ve got some life to bring
    We’ve got some joy in this thing
    (x2)

I see birds fly across the sky
    And everyone’s heart flies together
    Food is frying and people smiling
    Like there is no other way to feel good

And the joy it brings makes me feel good
    Cos when I feel good, I sing
    Of the joy it brings

Come on along
    I know you really wanna feel our song
    We’ve got some life to bring
    We’ve got some joy in this thing
    (x2)

It brings me freedom
    Got to get you some of that freedom
    It’s a freedom

Singing freedom
    You deserve your freedom
    It’s a smile you can feel in your heart beat

• _____________
      Life is Good
    • Lyrics
      A little like Gene Wilder now coming out of the tower now
      In a glass elevator that could take you all the way to the sky
      Ain’t trying to fool you now got nothing to lose no how
      So be in it with the limitless image of the intimate
      thinking what you’re getting is love

All you need is love

Ain’t it nice to get out of here?
    Already out of the atmosphere
    Well if the glass doesn’t shatter but it wouldn’t really matter
    It’s the love that is lifting us up

All you need is love

We’re going up, up, up flying away
    We’re taking the higher route taking the ceiling out
    We’re going up; we’re flying away
    Never coming down; we’re living it up, living it up!

What happens when your light goes out?
    No one there to give you mouth to mouth
    Don’t let the breakdown jump on your acclaim that a brother be a hero now
    Cause I know you know because once you know you’ll always know
    It’s your own, your own, your own love that gets you where you want to go

We’re going up, up, up flying away
    Never coming down; we’re living it up, we’re living it up!
    Yeah, we’re living it up, living it up

You know that it’s good cause only good love when it’s really love
    You can just love, love, love anything it’s your destiny

A little like Gene Wilder now coming out of the tower now
    In a glass elevator that could take you all the way to the sky

We’re taking the higher route we’re taking the ceiling out
    Never coming down; because we’re living it up, living it up!

We’re up flying away
    Never coming down; because we’re living it up, living it up
    Living it up, living it up

There are only two ways to live your life.
    One is as though nothing is a miracle.
    The other is as though everything is a miracle.
    - Albert Einstein

STANDING IN THE INSPIRING VISION OF MY FUTURE, I BOLDLY TAKE EVERY STEP- LARGE AND SMALL WITH COURAGE AND INTENT. [] JOHNATHAN LOCKWOOD HUIE

Promise me you’ll always remember: You’re braver than you believe, and stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think. -Christopher Robin to Pooh (A. A. Milne)

Abraham Video – Where are you in regard to the vortex

Peaceful Mind on an Unpeaceful Day
Highlighting Other Threads
THREADPOWER OF VULNERABILITY

Like That Glass of Water

A carrot, an egg, and a cup of coffee

Related Thread:
Famous People Who Have Overcome Adversity

9c189e44e76347c3ed046296d72ff853--epigenetics-quotes-brain-health.jpg

inspiration cafe

I AM
Peaceful:
Emotions, Sensations ,
& Feelings

excerpt taken from professional coaches.com
Skill #1: Acceptance of adversity. When things go wrong – and they will – we need to accept it. That doesn’t mean that we have to like it, but it does mean that we have to simply acknowledge that it has happened and move on from there.

Skill #2: Flexibility. When things go wrong – and they will – we need to get flexible. Once we’ve accepted the adversity as having happened (skill #1) we need to move off of it and start working toward a solution. Flexibility means that we get creative to develop a solution to solve the problem or at least to keep us going in spite of it.

Flexibility in the face of adversity also means that we need to continue on with other things in life, too, even if part of our life is impacted by adversity. (For example, when I got a flat tire last week, I still had to get dinner ready and get the kids to bed regardless of the added tire stress).

Skill #3: Asking “What can I learn from this?”. When things go wrong – and they will – we need to ask ourselves “what can I learn from this?”.

In trying to figure out what you can learn from each situation, you can transform every experience into a personal coaching experience and you will grow from it.

Possessing these three skills – accepting adversity, being flexible, and learning from the situation – will transform how you face challenges.

I AM
Peaceful:
Emotions, Sensations ,
& Feelings

Excerpts taken from essential life skills
Points to Consider

✓ The difficult times in life help us appreciate when things are going smoothly.

✓ Look for the learning opportunities in every adverse situation.

✓ Decide whether you will allow your experience to make, or break you. Depending upon how you choose to perceive it, it could go either way.

✓ Be prepared to accept the worst, should it occur. When you have prepared yourself mentally for the worst, it rarely ever happens, and if it does, it seems less so because you are better equipped to handle it.

✓ Cultivate faith, courage and resilience. The more of these qualities you arm yourself with, the lesser the impact of the adversity.

✓ Remind yourself that adversity is part of life. To Accept adversity, helps you overcome it.

Overcoming adversity is one of our main challenges in life. When we resolve to confront and overcome it, we become expert at dealing with it and consequently triumph over our day-to-day struggles.

——————-
If we will be quiet and ready enough, we shall find compensation in every disappointment.

I AM
Peaceful:
Emotions, Sensations ,
& Feelings

Nice thread.

All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us.
— Gandalf, J.R.R. Tolkien
I’m Alright
Life Less Ordinary

this thread seems a good place to post this video

Emmanuel

In response to flowergirl’s post:
OMG! Thanks for sharing this. blessings… blessings, selfcare

I AM
Peaceful:
Emotions, Sensations ,
& Feelings

it seemed so right for here Selfcare .Oh the thought of those little boys being left in a shoe box is heartbreaking isn’t it .

The whole family are an inspiration and a lesson on overcoming adversity .

love flowergirl

Jump to Top ^^

To get the most out of the bmindful forum, please sign up or log in!

Related Content