login to bmindful Sign up for your FREE bmindful account!

To get the most out of the bmindful forum, please sign up or log in!

★My Little 911 Box

For most of you who read my posts, you know I have three small children. Since we don’t do the tv thing, I have to keep them occupied. About six months ago, we decided to create a 911 box for each child. I wanted to teach them about visualization and the Law of Attraction.

Each child was given a stack of 3 × 5 index cards, stickers, magazines, etc. Their job was to decorate the box in any manner that they chose. Once decorated, they were to use either pictures, 3 × 5 cards, or whatever – to let the universe know what they desired. I encouraged them to make affirmations also, such as “I am” statements. When they would think about it, they were to open their boxes and visualize or read their affirmations.

Because this was private, I didn’t look inside them. It was between them and the universe. Well, the other day, we decided in a family meeting that we would open our 911 boxes and share them. I was amazed at what was inside!!

Of course, my five year old wrote things like “I am flying” because she wants to fly like a bird. She wrote things like “My brothers are my best friends” and sweet things you wouldn’t expect from siblings. But, she also had cut out a picture of this obnoxious little toy called a “Furberry”. She had begged and begged for one for Christmas to no avail. However, my daughter had just mailed a late Christmas gift of the exact Furberry she had put in her 911 box and visualized over.

My nine year old son also did something really cool. He drew a picture of a cockatiel in great detail. He wrote stories about what it would be like to own the bird. I didn’t want a cockatiel. I have two cats and it just didn’t seem like a good fit for our house. However, my husband just recently found one bird that seemed to be good for my son and bought it… it looks EXACTLY like my son drew it. It wasn’t a yellow bird with an orange cheek. It was a gray bird with a tiny speck of yellow and a big orange cheek, just as he’d imagined.

Coincidence? Maybe. It doesn’t matter to me. My children believe in the law of attraction and that is what counts. I want my children to grow up believing their life circumstances and happiness rest solely on themselves and not something external or another’s beliefs about them.

I am living in many dimensions at once; the appearance of being trapped in time and space is only an illusion.

Why did you call it a 911 box?!

I’m going to make one of these for my little one, he loves doing stuff like this!

Thanks for the idea?

Focus

This is a fantastic idea! I’m going to make one for myself. Thanks for sharing this. :)

/Wow, just thinking about how I’m going to decorate the box makes me all excited and giggly. :D

Neat idea!!

I have posted before about the group of 5 people I am training with. We have shared a lot of ideas around the law of attraction. We’ve talked about a dream board, etc.

I love your 911 box. I too would like to hear why you called it that. But I plan on taking the idea to my group and see if they want to fly with it. I for one will have one in my meditation room.

Interestingly enough, a couple weeks ago I got the bright idea of putting my prayer requests on 3×5 cards. They’re already in my meditation room and will soon find a new home in my ???? box. (I’m not yet convinced that 911 is the right moniker, I’ll wait for M-Momma’s response.)

Blessings,
Bruce-
Each Day Is A New Gift From God!

My kids named the box. I think they wanted to convey that it was very important and exciting to them. I have a little boy who wants to be a police officer, so he called it his “911 box” – and the name has stuck ever since. They all call it their 911 box now. :)

The name is just from the imagination of a child – so it is whatever you want it to be. :)

Have fun with it!!

Love, M

I am living in many dimensions at once; the appearance of being trapped in time and space is only an illusion.

In response to meditatingmama’s post, thanks for explaining. It’s been rolling in the back of my head for a while. Not that it really needs a name, but I’ll take the imagination of a child any day! Thank him for us all!

Blessings,
Bruce-
Each Day Is A New Gift From God!

such a refreshing thread and member….

I AM
Peaceful:
Emotions, Sensations ,
& Feelings

Come back to us, MeditatingMama!

I guess she got too busy with the little ones. Anyone heard from her?

I miss her too

I miss her too. And a few of the others.

All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us.
— Gandalf, J.R.R. Tolkien
I’m Alright
Life Less Ordinary

Brilliant idea!!!

“Radical Acceptance is the ability to face hardships with greater love and deeper awareness.
Contemplation shapes radical acceptance as a way to choose love and peace over anger and despair.
Begin by finding this within ourselves before helping others.

hqdefault.jpg

Enjoyed this like a gift(:

I AM
Peaceful:
Emotions, Sensations ,
& Feelings

Let-the-universe-know.jpg

I AM
Peaceful:
Emotions, Sensations ,
& Feelings

0173e4dcf3d873fb7e6eaa83b7d4f612--attraction-quotes-law-of-attraction.jpg

I AM
Peaceful:
Emotions, Sensations ,
& Feelings

Jump to Top ^^

To get the most out of the bmindful forum, please sign up or log in!

Related Content