login to bmindful Sign up for your FREE bmindful account!

To get the most out of the bmindful forum, please sign up or log in!

★Just Some Obvious Stuff to Chew On

I just wanted to think out loud for a minute. I have a list of personal values: Learning, Practicality, Genuineness, Creativity, Freedom, Hard Work, Planning, Decisiveness, Family and Friends, Courage, Personal Responsibility, Health and Fitness.

These are mine. Some of them are very natural, but some of them are ones I have chosen because I consider them to be so important. It is perfectly okay to choose some values, but the ones that don’t come as naturally take some work to really integrate.

Here are some from my list that apply to pretty much everyone: Personal Responsibility, Decisiveness, Planning, Health

Would anyone like to share their values or their thoughts on values? I already have mine written out, but I think I’m going to print up a new sheet with them on it and post them on my fridge.

All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us.
— Gandalf, J.R.R. Tolkien
I’m Alright
Life Less Ordinary

In response to themadcookieman’s post:

Hi MC! Love your new picture.

Very impressive values good for you!!

I love to learn about people who have overcome great difficulties and still were successful in their goals.

My most important value is always to help others, paying it forward. I love music and love to learn different styles of it. My friends and family also. I love trying to create a magical atmosphere in my home because we spend a lot of time there. Using little white xmas lights to make it seem like fireflies. Lots of plants with a fountain that helps you meditate.

I love to learn how to telepathically talk with animals. I truly believe there is a universal voice but we are not always aware of it.

Peace,
Mary

This is so important, MCM. I was just thinking last night about what I would say if I only had one minute to state my core values.

I got to the phrase “core values” because I was thinking of the perfection of loving so much, you just want to disappear into the person you love. Nothing about me matters, just you. But some things still matter. Some things you don’t give up, not even for love, and those are my core values. Here they are:

Nobody’s going to love me as much as God.

The only measure of value for my life will be how much have I loved?

Any investment in my body is so I can love harder, better, and longer.

I’ve got to teach my kids to manage their lives, dream great dreams, and any measure of success needs to come from within.

GREAT THREAD!

I love what everyone has said.

So inspiring!

In response to Smart_Routines_With_Enthusiasm's post: Your list triggered lots  of things which resonate with!

In response to AccidentalNote's post:

love what you said:

I got to the phrase “core values” because I was thinking of the perfection of loving so much, you just want to disappear into the person you love. Nothing about me matters, just you. But some things still matter. Some things you don’t give up, not even for love, and those are my core values. 

I know values are not virtues-though wanted to include this-which I like so much:

spin the wheel virtuescope

MCM/SRWE

started this list with a list of his values...

I'd like to begin a lengthy list in this post

looking forward to returning here often

acceptance

This wasn't the acceptance I was looking for as a value...though liking it:

Image result for acceptance as a value pic quote

The acceptance I was going for was more like this:

Image result for eckhart tolle quotes on acceptance

Love how true acceptance is a complete transformative outstanding level of peace.

peace

Image result for peace as a value pic

ease

harmony

I believe when I allow... and surrender...and surrender some more ... with the heart space intention of harmony... I receive the peace and flow of all I love.

It leads to my incorporating such good things in my daily 'everything'

I AM
Peaceful:
Emotions, Sensations ,
& Feelings

Jump to Top ^^

To get the most out of the bmindful forum, please sign up or log in!

Related Content