login to bmindful Sign up for your FREE bmindful account!

To get the most out of the bmindful forum, please sign up or log in!

★☼Too Satisfied?

☼Too Satisfied?

Lee’s post further down the thread:

I’m believing sometimes my business life has not moved forward because I’ve stood in its way with my ideas about wealth.

Laurie, I’ve occasionally thought the same about my work and businesses life. I know that I’m the only one standing between myself and millions of dollars.

I also sometimes wonder if I’m just too content now! I work hard every day, but how would my focus differ if I was eating plain rice every night?

I think the number one reason why I am not yet a millionaire is that I value flexibility over everything else.

If I want (or feel that I need) to read a particular book, or write about a particular topic, or meditate for a particular amount of time on a particular topic then that’s what I need to do.

I’ve qualified for jobs that pay ~$150k because I’m good at what I do (with regards to web design, back end programming, database planning, search engine optimization, server and network administration etc etc etc) but I’d much rather have less money and more flexibility and so I get by (just!) thanks to my projects.

Of course the plan is to make some real money and I’m working towards that. I actually wrote about my plans not so long ago, maybe I should post them on bmindful!

This thread was written in 2009…
Many threads are about great tools, revelations we’ve had, things we ponder, areas that we are excited about and areas we may need support (advice, suggestion, prayer, affirmation etc.)

Thought this could be an all in one site for the yay! for this and ideas and or support for that!

Today, I am so excited that our gym that has been closed “forever” is reopening!!!! Yaay!!! It has been closed since before the last hurricane. Today, a frog I didn’t think I could eat yet, will get devoured, because I will get ‘my’ gym back- and the quality and quantity of my workouts are coming back!

Now for a fresh perspective on creating more of what I want…that infamous abundance(:

I AM
Peaceful:
Emotions, Sensations ,
& Feelings

Glad to hear the gym’s back on track Laurie. I love going to the gym and my aim is to go everyday but my family does not always see it that way. I get over the guilt by knowing it’s so good for my health and makes me feel wonderful, which benefits them too.

I feel wealthy (in a non-monetary sense) and grateful for all I have, and one affirmation I use is “I allow wealth into my life”, because I think I hold negative views about being rich$$$. I’m trying to change my views.

Being more involved in the business world is making me realise that people have money not because they are greedy but because they work very very hard, take huge risks and often really like what they do. I don’t have a hunger for wealth, and maybe that’s why I don’t have much money. I know why I’d like more, the freedom, the ability to give to others, the security for my kids & myself in old age. So I am trying to feel better about money and not automatically judging someones personality just because they chose to spend their hard-earned cash on an expensive car. Now I think – good on them – and congratulate their successes.

I took down all my sticky notes stuck to my computer with positive affirmations. I find it great when I first write them but after a while the notes become part of the furniture so to speak, and ignorned. I’ve made up little business cards with typed labels of various affirmations. I have a set on my desk and a set in my handbag. I’ve found holding the cards, shuffling through, touching, keeps it closer to my mind. I opened my bag before a trip to the shops, and saw “I exercise 45 minutes each day” and that jolted me into walking instead of driving (yay me!).

I’ve even added some affirmations that I didn’t really feel I needed to work on, for example, I don’t feel ugly or negative, but reading “I am beautiful & positive, I radiate love and happiness” etc etc, gave me a welcomed boost, and it’s nice to have a break from those troublesome affirmations that feel like hard work!

Sorry for the long post that I didn’t mean to do, hope I didn’t crap on too much… have a super day.

“Even if you’re on the right track – you’ll get run over if you just sit there” Will Rogers

The business cards are a fantastic idea Vivi!

I used to do big printouts of my affirmations and put them on the wall, but I experienced the same thing you did, they became part of the furniture and never got noticed.

“How easy it is in our life, to miss what’s being offered.” — Paul Haller

Yes, thank you about the ackowledgement on getting the gym back!

For myself too, I have equated money with overbundance.

I am always grateful for the other wealth in my life: health and love etc.

I’m believing sometimes my business life has not moved forward because I’ve stood in its way with my ideas about wealth.

And for myself, I too want money for various freedoms I feel are necessary basics and even a few frills, like the ability to travel to see family or just for my spouse and myself to have a bit of change.

And I love to share what I have with others;one of my favorite things actually.

Just saying this here on this thread, has convinced me further it’s ok to go for it re:$funds. I have studied various things and could be using what I’ve learned in ways that are inwardly gratifying and also pays me. Sounds like a plan.

Thanks for the chat (smiles)

I AM
Peaceful:
Emotions, Sensations ,
& Feelings

In response to laurie’s post:

Laurie, I’ve occasionally thought the same about my work and businesses life. I know that I’m the only one standing between myself and millions of dollars.

I also sometimes wonder if I’m just too content now! I work hard every day, but how would my focus differ if I was eating plain rice every night?

I think the number one reason why I am not yet a millionaire is that I value flexibility over everything else.

If I want (or feel that I need) to read a particular book, or write about a particular topic, or meditate for a particular amount of time on a particular topic then that’s what I need to do.

I’ve qualified for jobs that pay ~$150k because I’m good at what I do (with regards to web design, back end programming, database planning, search engine optimization, server and network administration etc etc etc) but I’d much rather have less money and more flexibility and so I get by (just!) thanks to my projects.

Of course the plan is to make some real money and I’m working towards that. I actually wrote about my plans not so long ago, maybe I should post them on bmindful!

“How easy it is in our life, to miss what’s being offered.” — Paul Haller

Laurie, YOU GO GIRL! So wrapt for you that your gym is up and running! You will be in your element for sure!

“Happiness is a perfume you cannot pour on others without getting a few drops on yourself.” ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson

• Thanks! ☼re:PureEssense post
  • and ☼re:Vivi’s post… as always great food for thought -many great ideas…including the business card affirmations & your purpose for them(:
  • In response to ☼Lee’s post: You’ve got something there Lee(: 2 statements you made reinforced good things today for me .Thank you. You said: (1) “I think the number one reason why I am not yet a millionaire is that I value flexibility over everything else” & (2)“If I want (or feel that I need) to read a particular book, or write about a particular topic, or meditate for a particular amount of time on a particular topic then that’s what I need to do”/I appreciate (you &) your wording your experience the way you did, Lee. It was a good reminder to me as to why I don’t ‘push’ for ‘so much’ …more than I have. I am not saying acquiring ‘lots’ more ‘abundance’ in some areas wouldn’t be great… but some things being ->well enough… are gifts (grateful and appreciative)(: When I ‘wake’ to realizing what is truly important for myself …what I want and what I receive… has a quality like nothing else./It’s not about my goals being “small” scale, it’s about goals simply being on ‘my’ own meaningful scale(: Like you said Lee, having the flexibility was your abundance; very important to me as well./ …. Perspective truly assists in the minds eye in what is appreciated deeply, and areas to pursue. It adds further motivation in all that is important. It also creates the ‘vibrations’ for that extra icing for the cake…..This line of thinking created a bit more reinforcement toward my foundation for ‘today’ and my direction. /Very often I’m quite content with my plans and direction…And then sometimes … just ‘sometimes’ something creeps in… and says maybe I ‘should’ want more …even when current goals/reality feel fitting for my purposes. It has already been proven to me all is well & only gets better as I value the most important stuff(: Don’t get me wrong, it’s a given…for me to keep a good plan/action/momentum happening for my goals…Though, in the mix, it’s also important to keep a solid reminder …today is good & is also quite fitting, right in this moment(:
    …grateful….
    Nine Principals of Receiving
    •1. ♥Love Yourself Fully (Nurture yourself daily)
    •2. ♥Realize Your Power to Choose
    •3. ♥Cease to Long
    •4. ♥Release Attachment to Outcomes
    •5. ♥Remain Open
    •6. ♥Give & Receive
    •7. ♥Be Grateful for All Blessings
    •8. ♥Be Present in Each Now Moment
    •9. ♥Embrace Your Passions & Joy
    2. joy
    3. appreciation
    4. empowerment
    5. freedom
    6. love
    7. passion
    8. enthusiasm
    9. eagerness
    10. happiness
    11. positive expectation
    12. optimism
    13. hopefulness

A video thread Rules for Being Human

I AM
Peaceful:
Emotions, Sensations ,
& Feelings

maybe this is some form of mania,but right now I,m feeling no shortage of abundance.Even with less than $1000 in the bank,and I don,t currently have a car.I can think of several things that give me a sense of abundance.Anyway I have a meeting I was planning to attend,but I,d like to quote some lyrics of a song. AS LONGING BECOMES LOVE……AS NIGHT TURNS TO DAY…….EVERYTHING CHANGES…….JOY WILL FIND A WAY. peace out everyone

Once you get to know Twain, you’ll never be the same.

Jump to Top ^^

To get the most out of the bmindful forum, please sign up or log in!

Related Content