login to bmindful Sign up for your FREE bmindful account!

To get the most out of the bmindful forum, please sign up or log in!

★Pollyanna: On Stranger Tides

It’s funny how you can try and encourage someone and they sometimes say, “Oh, don’t be such a Pollyanna.” To me, the name Pollyanna reminds me of the Disney film starring Hailey Mills. Like many of the old Disney movies, it is a sentimental movie. A cute girl is forced to move to this town and encounters one sourpuss after another and stubbornly initiates games and friendly banter with them. They tell her to buzz off. And then when she falls out of a tree and breaks her legs they all feel guilty about it. It isn’t exactly Transformers or Pirates of the Caribbean. It would be kind of nice if looking on the bright side was associated with someone like Captain Jack Sparrow. Consider that Jack is like a bad penny, always turning up after being forced to walk planks, face the gallows, go on absurd quests at sword point, and still generally comes out with his hide intact and optimistic that he will get his beloved Black Pearl back. So the next time someone calls you a Pollyanna, tell them “Drink up, me hearties.”

I love it… I am a big fan of Pollyanna as well as Jack Sparrow…. but I never would have seen the resemblane… Good on you William… Kathy

I am Pollyana and I love being me, an eternal optimist!

Jump to Top ^^

To get the most out of the bmindful forum, please sign up or log in!

Related Content