login to bmindful Sign up for your FREE bmindful account!

To get the most out of the bmindful forum, please sign up or log in!

"Spirituality"

Spirituality

The following is ..yes..a Wilipedia quote(:
Though not a bad summary of “spirituality”

Spirituality can refer to an ultimate or an alleged immaterial reality;1 an inner path enabling a person to discover the essence of their being; or the โ€œdeepest values and meanings by which people live.โ€2 Spiritual practices, including meditation, prayer and contemplation, are intended to develop an individual’s inner life; such practices are alleged to lead to an experience of connectedness with a larger reality, yielding a more comprehensive self; with other individuals or the human community; with nature or the cosmos; or with the divine realm.3 For some, spirituality is experienced as a source of inspiration or orientation in life.4 It can encompass belief in immaterial realities or experiences of the immanent or transcendent nature of the world.

When you think of spirituality what comes up for you? (personalize or theorize..be specific or general..)

I AM
Peaceful:
Emotions, Sensations ,
& Feelings

for me it is thinking of myself as being part of something larger, more beautiful…. having infinate ability to solve what ever I need solved and live the life I was designed to live. Kathy

I think of spirituality as that part of me that is focusing on expanding my consciousness, growing, learning, etc. I do not associate it at ALL with ‘regligion’… I don’t think we can separate ourselves from our spirituality… it encompasses everything we do, think, or believe…(sometimes not recognized as such, maybe…:) It’s not a practice…it’s a way of being.
Betty

THESE DAYS SPIRITUALITY MEANS OVERCOMING OBSTACLES THAT USE TO CAUSE ME DISCONTMENT,FOR ME FEELING GOOD PHYSICALLY IS A BIG STEPPING STONE TOWARDS FEELING GOOD OR COMFORTABLE IN MY SKIN.IT,S BEEN SAID THAT THE PATH TO HIGHER CONSCIOUSNESS INVOLVES SUFFERING.JUST ASKS EKHART TOLLE.MAYBE LIFE IS JUST ONE BIG SCHOOL OF LEARNING WHERE THERES NO SUCH THING AS GRADUATION.

“To boldly and or vulnerably go where no one has gone before”

Hi brzee, I heard Ekhart Tlle has some good books… what do you reccommend? Kathy

I CAN RECOMEND ANY OF HIS CD,S (LIVING ALIFE OF INNER PEACE 2CD SET) ( THE OPEN DOOR 2CD SET ALTHOUGH CD ONE IS MORE INTERESTING THAN THE OTHER ONE.HE ALSO HAS SOME DVD,S BUT START WITH THE CD,S.VERY SIMPLE INEXPENSIVE HE MAKES ALOT OF SENSE,BUT LIKE ALL SPIRITUAL INDIVIDUALS,HE,NOT GOD HE,S JUST A PERSON WHO,S VERY INTELLIGENT.AND IN MY OPINION QUITE INSPIRING.

thanks brzee, will look him up….

IN RESPONCE TO RR FREE SPIRIT…SPIRITUALITY IS A PROCESS OR A PATH OF LEARNING……THIS NEXT QUOTE IS KIND OF THOUGHT PROVOKING (RELIGION IS FOR PEOPLE TRYING TO AVOID HELL,..SPIRITUALITY IS FOR PEOPLE THAT HAVE ALREADY BEEN THERE.

Jump to Top ^^

To get the most out of the bmindful forum, please sign up or log in!

Related Content