login to bmindful Sign up for your FREE bmindful account!

To get the most out of the bmindful forum, please sign up or log in!

★Personal Business Communication

This thread is geared to communication when dealing with merchants in the business world with regard to services or things you own or utilize…and pay for.

Here’s some personal-business vocabulary(:
Personal Business Vocabulary

• ill advised instead of being lied to, deceived or having been manipulated
  • Full disclosure instead of (needing all of the facts)
  • collective responsibility instead of suggesting whose fault it is.

I AM
Peaceful:
Emotions, Sensations ,
& Feelings

I think the biggest key in situations like this is finding the win-win-win situation. Although it may not always exist, a solution that benefits both parties (or both businesses), as well as makes the executors of the transactions (I.e. You and the person on the other side of the table) look good. Stay focused on what the benefit is for both the business you are transacting with and the individual representative of that business you are dealing with directly. Vocabulary like “value-add” and “value creation” is key here; if you don’t know about these terms, pick up a bloomberg buinessweek magazine or a Harvard business review. They use these terms, as well as other terms that you’ll hear in sophisticated industries like energy, healthcare, start-up businesses/venture capital/private equity, and banking.

And remember, people make decisions on emotions then build the logic to justify.

to us it is important to acknowlege each customer, but even more so to let them know how much you appreciate their compliments…

I don’t let the bill collectors get to me… I don’t have anything they aant so they can threaten me all day long…. and alot of what they say they will do is against the law… when I get the money I will pay them…. in the mean time I carry on in a happy positive way…

Interesting thread.

Isn’t it amazing how can we let one bad apple ruin our entire day. Think about how you can get along with everyone at work except for that one jerk who ruins your entire day and makes your job a misery. Shouldn’t we find ways to confront pricks and stand up for ourselves? I think most people are too afraid of confrontation. We become paralyzed in bad situations because we are so afraid of offending people in any way. The inherent dishonesty in politically correct language comes to mind, but I’m mainly thinking of situations where we have to deal with real jerks – emotional and intellectual bullies. In Brian Tracy’s “Science of Self-Confidence” he says “Dealing with difficult, angry, obnoxious or negative people can do more to undermine your self-confidence in the short term than almost any other single experience you can endure”. Maybe it would be worthwhile to think about the bullies in our lives and consider how we deal with them. It is up to us how we let people make us feel, let’s not hand our power of to a bunch of horses asses. Let’s remember to stand up for ourselves, because we are worth it. Assertiveness people, assertiveness. Let me hear you guys in the back! Now all the women! Now all the guys!

All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us.
— Gandalf, J.R.R. Tolkien
I’m Alright
Life Less Ordinary

Jump to Top ^^

To get the most out of the bmindful forum, please sign up or log in!

Related Content