Try Hypnosis Audio For Free!
bmindful: an affirmation community Don't miss the positive affirmations! Signup or Log In to remove this ad.

To get the most out of the bmindful forum, please sign up or log in below!

Best I've Learned From/About/For Relationships

As thoughts come to you please write a bit about:
Best Things You’ve Learned From/About/For Relationships.

• “By building relations we create a source of love and personal pride and belonging that makes living in a chaotic world easier” Susan Lieberman
  • Too often we underestimate the power of a touch, a smile, a kind word, a listening ear, an honest compliment, or the smallest act of caring, all of which have the potential to turn a life around. Leo Buscaglia
  • Oh, the comfort – the inexpressible comfort of feeling safe with a person – having neither to weigh thoughts nor measure words, but pouring them all right out, just as they are, chaff and grain together; certain that a faithful hand will take and sift them, keep what is worth keeping, and then with the breath of kindness blow the rest away.Dinah Craik, A Life for a Life, 1859
  • The purpose of a relationship is not to have another who might complete you, but to have another with whom you might share your completeness. Neale Donald Walsch
  • True friends are those who, when you make a fool of yourself, don’t believe that this condition is permanent. Erwin T. Randall
  • Let us be grateful to people who make us happy, they are the charming gardeners who make our souls blossom. Marcel Proust
  • Don’t smother each other. No one can grow in the shade. ☼ Leo Buscaglia
  • When you judge another, you do not define them, you define yourself. Wayne Dyer
  • All blame is a waste of time. No matter how much fault you find with another, and regardless of how much you blame him, it will not change you. The only thing blame does is to keep the focus off you when you are looking for external reasons to explain your unhappiness or frustration. You may succeed in making another feel guilty about something by blaming him, but you won’t succeed in changing whatever it is about you that is making you unhappy.~ Wayne Dyer

Relationships

Say How You Feel Now With Love
My Life-Lessons on Strengthening a Good Relationship

These are some of my views:

• Always Love Yourself at Least Hair More Than Your Greatest Love -If you don’t have you, you cannot care well or care about another.
  • Know the Difference of Caring-For Others vrs Caring-About Others -Define the difference and know it..and work on the growth of that just as much as you work on your own growth.
  • Awareness of Uniqueness of Each Individual and the Uniqueness of the Relationship -While lessons can have a common thread ..stay fresh with each person..each circumstance..
  • So Important-> each relationship you are involved with or have been involved with is ‘unique’ ..and unique as compared to other people’s relationships.
  • There are at least 3 relationships when dealing with a couple-relationship:
  • you with yourself
  • that person with you
  • and the relationship

(the only relationship you can control..is the one you have with yourself)
you can only affect the other 2..
  • Defining Respect- Together
  • Make Closure a Priority with Past Relationships
  • Practice Makes Better..not Perfect; Knowledge of That Makes It Perfect – You can get to a point in relationships where you simply care..love..trust..and enjoy..but don’t see it as perfect no more than you see yourself as no more room for growth.

Perfection is knowing there is always room for increasing awareness and fun in the relationship (as individuals and for the couple) (:

That is the truly perfect part(:

• Fresh Eyes The Willingness to See Things Fresh Start over everyday..with-> even more of what you want to be and have in your relationship. Love does continue to grow..Thank you God(:
  • Friendship..Always Be Each Others Best Friend and Apply the Golden Rule

• All kinds of demonstrative respect, and each relationship deals with their understanding of respect differently. There are basic rules I am sure we all share..Though we might have our own way within our relationships to uphold the ‘rule’.
  • For example some persons will not understand your view of respecting yourself or them. It is so much more appealing when you define at a time that works for both of you what respect means to you, and say it with not only with ‘love’ but kindness. Huge difference. And make sure your intent is understood. If not try try again(: Get clarification, and feedback from your mate.
  • Negotiate wherever you can..There will be times when bending is not an option..but always ask yourself, how important is it? (: