Posted on 30/05/2011. Last edited on 06/02/2013.
As thoughts come to you please write a bit about:
Best Things You’ve Learned From/About/For Relationships.
- “By building relations we create a source of love and personal pride and belonging that makes living in a chaotic world easier” Susan Lieberman
- Too often we underestimate the power of a touch, a smile, a kind word, a listening ear, an honest compliment, or the smallest act of caring, all of which have the potential to turn a life around. Leo Buscaglia
- Oh, the comfort – the inexpressible comfort of feeling safe with a person – having neither to weigh thoughts nor measure words, but pouring them all right out, just as they are, chaff and grain together; certain that a faithful hand will take and sift them, keep what is worth keeping, and then with the breath of kindness blow the rest away.Dinah Craik, A Life for a Life, 1859
- The purpose of a relationship is not to have another who might complete you, but to have another with whom you might share your completeness. Neale Donald Walsch
- True friends are those who, when you make a fool of yourself, don’t believe that this condition is permanent. Erwin T. Randall
- Let us be grateful to people who make us happy, they are the charming gardeners who make our souls blossom. Marcel Proust
- Don’t smother each other. No one can grow in the shade. ☼ Leo Buscaglia
- When you judge another, you do not define them, you define yourself. Wayne Dyer
- All blame is a waste of time. No matter how much fault you find with another, and regardless of how much you blame him, it will not change you. The only thing blame does is to keep the focus off you when you are looking for external reasons to explain your unhappiness or frustration. You may succeed in making another feel guilty about something by blaming him, but you won’t succeed in changing whatever it is about you that is making you unhappy.~ Wayne Dyer
Say How You Feel Now With Love
My Life-Lessons on Strengthening a Good Relationship
These are some of my views:
- Always Love Yourself at Least Hair More Than Your Greatest Love -If you don’t have you, you cannot care well or care about another.
- Know the Difference of Caring-For Others vrs Caring-About Others -Define the difference and know it..and work on the growth of that just as much as you work on your own growth.
- Awareness of Uniqueness of Each Individual and the Uniqueness of the Relationship -While lessons can have a common thread ..stay fresh with each person..each circumstance..
- So Important-> each relationship you are involved with or have been involved with is ‘unique’ ..and unique as compared to other people’s relationships.
- There are at least 3 relationships when dealing with a couple-relationship:
- you with yourself
- that person with you
(the only relationship you can control..is the one you have with yourself)
you can only affect the other 2..
- Defining Respect- Together
- Make Closure a Priority with Past Relationships
- Practice Makes Better..not Perfect; Knowledge of That Makes It Perfect – You can get to a point in relationships where you simply care..love..trust..and enjoy..but don’t see it as perfect no more than you see yourself as no more room for growth.
Perfection is knowing there is always room for increasing awareness and fun in the relationship (as individuals and for the couple) (:
That is the truly perfect part(:
- Fresh Eyes The Willingness to See Things Fresh Start over everyday..with-> even more of what you want to be and have in your relationship. Love does continue to grow..Thank you God(:
- Friendship..Always Be Each Others Best Friend and Apply the Golden Rule
- All kinds of demonstrative respect, and each relationship deals with their understanding of respect differently. There are basic rules I am sure we all share..Though we might have our own way within our relationships to uphold the ‘rule’.
- For example some persons will not understand your view of respecting yourself or them. It is so much more appealing when you define at a time that works for both of you what respect means to you, and say it with not only with ‘love’ but kindness. Huge difference. And make sure your intent is understood. If not try try again(: Get clarification, and feedback from your mate.
- Negotiate wherever you can..There will be times when bending is not an option..but always ask yourself, how important is it? (:
Related Threads In Process
Posted on 12/06/2011.
MY FORMER GIRLFRIEND WASN,T INTO ALOT OF VERBAL COMMUNACATION, SO I KIND OF COASTED IN THE RELATIOMSHIP FOR A FEW YEARS.UNAWARE THAT ME AND HER WERE DESTINED TO PART.BECAUSE WHILE SHE WAS SECRETLY PUTTING UP AND PUTTING OUT SEXUALLY SHE WAS ALSO BEING EFFECTED BY MY LACK OF APPRECIATION.I BASICALLY TOOK HER FOR GRANTED.IF SHE WOULD OF TALKED MORE AND I WOULD HAVE LISTENED WE WOULD HAVE PROBABLY STILL BIN AN ITEM.ON THE OTHER HAND,MAYBE THE RELATIONNSHIP PLAYED OUT LIKE IT WAS SUPPOSE TO. BUT ONE OF THE THINGS I LEARNED THAT WHEN IT COMES TO MAINTAINING A LONG TERM RELAY, SILENCE IS NOT ALWAYS GOLDEN.JUST SOME THOUGHT FOR FOOD.
Posted on 17/06/2011.
IT,S EASIER TO GET INTO A HEALTHY RELATIONSHIP,WHEN YOU STOP TRYING.IF YOUR READY GOD WILL FIND YOU A PARTNER,IF YOUR NOT READY SATIN WILL FIND SOMEONE FOR YOU,WHICH WILL BE AN ABSOLUTE WASTE OF TIME. BESIDES BEING SINGLE IS NOT A DISEASE.
Posted on 17/06/2011.
Nobody’s going to love me as much as God does.
I like this thought because I don’t get bent out of shape when relationships aren’t perfect.
The corollary is nice to aspire to as well: try to love people as much as God does.
Posted on 28/06/2011.
PERSONLY WHAT I,VE LEARNED IS,WHEN YOU FIND SOMEONE YOU LIKE...VERBAL COMMUNICATION CAN MAKE THE RELATIONSHIP MORE REAL...CONSCIOUS.
Posted on 12/07/2011. Last edited on 05/04/2012.
As much as I do not give a parade when life isn’t smooth..having someone who loves you unconditionally (and vise versa) ..makes things soooo much easier during those less than easy times. Not easy..easier. Up to each person in the relationship to make life great for self and how they see and involve themselves in a relationship.
Life is still a series of things to do..and not do(: Though…having someone in it that is not trying to control ..and compliments your style (not by saying you’re great every minute..but by believing you are where you are supposed to be..and by knowing that->it is as good as it gets ..where it counts)..is a good thing.
Posted on 12/07/2011. Last edited on 13/07/2011.
In response to Rejuvenated-Reinvented-Free Spirit’s post:
I have had many relationships with different types of people. I have learned that some you want around you most of the time others only as acquaintances and others who will bend over backwards to be there for you when you need them. I believe in paying it forward. We all need each other.
Each has had a place in my life and lessons. These relationships have been great for a short time others a lot of headaches and yet others filled with love for all while they are around. With all the good and bad it has been a great life.
Hugs to all,
Posted on 13/07/2011.
Relationship is what you make it. It depends, first and foremost on what you want out of the relationship in the first place. Why did you enter into it in the first place? The answer determines what you put into it as you go along. And what you put into it brings back to you what you get. It does not depend on forces or circumstances or conditions out there. It depends on you! Great relationship results from great aspirations.
Again, communication can either by words or otherwise. Silence is one of the most powerful way of communicating. You have to learn to understand silent messages. It comes from within. Are you quiet enough in your spirit? Learn and you will benefit immensely from it.
Posted on 13/07/2011. Last edited on 14/07/2011.
In response to Godscreation’s post:
Hello Godscreation!(: Here’s to those who contribute to the great life(: And may we be ones who contribute to the lives of others. Great post and reminder.
There are definitely all kinds of relationships…and no one person (whether you are dating or in a committed relationship) is here to meet all of our needs…We are here to do the bulk of that for ourselves (:
And..looking back…I too am grateful for each person that was in my life.
Love and Hugs to everyone here..also(:
In response to Philip’s post:
“Relationship is what you make it” So true.
It takes 2 conscious people(: focusing on themselves in healthy ways and viewing the relationship as something worth their most loving and developed efforts. And saying that…while it is work…it doesn’t have to feel like it.
- both passionate about good results and a good journey.
- Silence/peace in your spirit is necessary..
- And ...staying current with communication is vital also. ...great conversations from back in the day….are good foundation…though staying somewhat current (with communication) helps you live in the present…with what is present…and growth.
In response to AccidentalNote’s post
Hello Accidental Note..definitely relationship with God! I remember a grief- time for me…and it was said it was just me and God. The person who said it to me…said it with big smile. At first I felt like they were a bit crazy (considering the circumstances..and their humongous smile) I then ‘got it’...and said “Yeah, it’s just me and God(:”
Thanks for bringing up that powerful and vital Relationship.
Sign Up then Log In to Post A Reply