login to bmindful Sign up for your FREE bmindful account!

To get the most out of the bmindful forum, please sign up or log in!

โ˜…Have you eaten your frog today? [new day] pg 1

• ~Come Join In(:
    • ~based on the book/tape
      Are you putting off an important to-do in your life? I found this video, inspired by Brian Tracyโ€™s book/tape โ€œEat That Frogโ€.Come Join In(: 20971e4f2bf390dccdac9f4467cebc5e--organizing-organization.jpg

While this youtube video isnโ€™t Brian Tracy or his unbelievably motivating tape that pushes me from task to task, it does offer a challenge for the next 30 days. Please view and let me know if youโ€™d like to take the challenge daily with me

PDF link missing/noW replacedย EAT THAT FROG

Eat That Frog

thread soon to be updated for 2015

ย 

ย 

I AM
Peaceful:
Emotions, Sensations ,
& Feelings

:-D you are amizing. Thanks for reminding me of todays frog: pay the bills!
I was surfing my way away and had forgotten them, again!

I will put the to-do list together and start eating them frogs.

…what a wonderful world….

LOL I eat my spirulina every day :) That is so frog like! I’m going to go listen now, will be back with update.

Focus

In response to aftab’s post:
Great Ilana!
————————————
When I used to study in the library, I felt more focused because everyone was in a similar mode. I feel that way, on this site and especially with this thread. It is my hope we will all be eating our frogs together (smiles), by sharing our most important area we will tackle, and then by doing it!

My list for eating my frog is my frog tonight. I just got home from work;so tonight won’t be a night for too much else except a bit of planning/prioritizing and also, like you Ilana, going over finances and bills is a biggy on my list!

I AM
Peaceful:
Emotions, Sensations ,
& Feelings

In response to freygan’s post:
Hello you! Looking forward to hearing your frog.

I AM
Peaceful:
Emotions, Sensations ,
& Feelings

I just watched it :) Very cute!

I had a short discussion with my son about it and he’s keen to eat the frog, so count both of us in. I think his frog is practicing his writing!

Mine is doing ACTUAL work!

When do we start?

Focus

Laurie, I shared the ‘Eat Your Frog’ video with a group of people with whom I just finished a 13 week study program on selling and prospecting. One of the tasks in the program is what lead me to BMindful and for that I am grateful. Anyway, they all love it, tomorrow AM we’ll all have frogs for breaky… :-)

Blessings,
Bruce-
Each Day Is A New Gift From God!

I’m in! I started eating frogs today by doing some boring work I was putting off. It’s short term gain stuff, some paid work. I should have had it done last week, but I had barely started.

I saw this thread the other day and thought of it when I got up this morning. I’ve worked well all morning despite the task.

I always use a todo list. I never get to the end of it, but highlight important tasks by bolding or highlighting them. This works well, but there’s a few items on the list that have been highlighted for months and I’m still no closer to finishing them off.

This morning I created an Action Plan for this week. It has a section for every day, with the “frog” item at the top, highlighted, and then just a couple of other items on the list. These are items that I actually want to get on with, so on top of the relief I’ll get when I tick off a “frog” item, I’ll also have the pleasure of being able to start on something I actually want to do.

It’s either Brian Tracy or Steven Covey that talks about the urgent / important grid:

It seems that most of my frogs are in the Urgent But Not Important grid. I don’t know if this is universal or just the way I look at things, but the work that I’m doing now (ie, client work) isn’t all that important to me, but I need the money now, so it’s urgent :) If I didn’t need the money, I wouldn’t be doing it at all.

My (late) tax return isn’t important to me either, but the refund we’ll likely get makes it urgent for the same reasons as the client work.

It’s easy enough for me to get on with urgent and important tasks, because if I can see how a task fits in with my purpose then I enjoy doing it. It’s these pesky ‘urgent but not important’ tasks that I tend to procrastinate with.

Saying that though, I guess they were not urgent or important at one stage, it’s just that I’ve put them off for so long that they’ve moved up a square :)

Anyway :) Consider me in! I’ve got to get these things sorted, whilst still getting on with what I consider ‘important’ :)

“How easy it is in our life, to miss what’s being offered.” — Paul Haller

In response to Lee Nutter’s post:

Lee, I know Covey spoke of the grid, in one of his books and I love that.

I also really like the idea of making sure I’m addressing many areas of my life for the sake of balance. Brian’s tapes and plannning books have inspired me a lot with that.

I definitely understand what you mean about the urgent-list. I want to achieve some kind of momentum, where I can get a better schedule going for my “$roof-over-head responsibilities”, house cleaning and meal planning and preparing. All of those areas are important and tend to get urgent, and are very time consumng.I want to study to improve my marketability in my areas of interest. That’s important to me too.

My goal is to tighten up my basic urgent tasks, so I can finally get to my areas of creativity; the things I say I want for my life. Most of the other tasks that I speak of that I want to tighten up or compartmentalize better, are a foundation for my desires. I want to make time to look at my light at the end of the tunnnel. If I don’t get to the areas I’m trying to get to real soon, it’ll eventually turn into a frog on my list, and will get done!

I am soooooo excited about your involvement, Lee, and all those who join in.

For me, this will be probably one of my most important threads. I’m so hoping others will make it a place they will utilize to move forward, to receive and give support for all we’re trying to achieve. Go for it!

I AM
Peaceful:
Emotions, Sensations ,
& Feelings

btw Laurie, “You donโ€™t want to be a human doing” I love that! :)

In response to ThisIsBruce’s post:
Fantastic Bruce!

I AM
Peaceful:
Emotions, Sensations ,
& Feelings

In response to Lee Nutter’s post:
Yes Laurie, I noticed the doing rather than being too, made me LOL. Don’t know where I saw it first but it’s one of those things that stick.

Blessings,
Bruce-
Each Day Is A New Gift From God!

One of my frogs is doing my quarterly report from October!!!!! I’m so late :( I have totally missed the December one and the March one is close approaching!

Focus

LOL Freya, glad I’m not the only one :)

If it’s any consolation, I’m told that Australia has the most complicated tax system in the world. I have an accountant that I use, but even getting everything together in a way that makes sense takes hours and hours lol.

You sound like my clients who bring in the shoeboxes! I do peoples tax returns for a living and when they eventually come and see me they say “that wasn’t so bad after all”. So my frogs tend to be the biggest shoeboxes/archive boxes that come through the door and it’s a good feeling to get those finally out of the way, especially if they get a refund.

They say it tastes like chicken (the frogs legs).

And don’t get me started about folding the laundry, our dinner table is often filled with clothes for days/weeks at a time!

“Even if you’re on the right track – you’ll get run over if you just sit there” Will Rogers

In response to laurie’s post:
But I am Afiiiii………. :-) This thread is sooo motivating, thanks.

I ate my this mornings frog: Called my accountant in Germany (had been putting it off and ignoring his letters for 2 years!) YEPEEEE
Next step is to collect all the documents that he will be asking me to send.

In response to Lee Nutter’s post: And I thought nothing could be more complicated than the German ones.

Love you all,
Afi

I usually do my reports quarterly so when June comes, everything is EASY!

Focus

In response to aftab's post: ย 

whoops... wow so sorry...ย 

though glad you are you!

ย 

I AM
Peaceful:
Emotions, Sensations ,
& Feelings

Today I:

• Fixed up a dodgy phone bill (55 minutes on the phone)
  • Turned off unnecessary phone services that were costing me money (voicemail was like another email inbox, phone insurance is a waste of money and sms message verification cost every time I sent an sms)
  • Settled and canceled the old credit card.
  • Linked my two other bank accounts.

Now I have to go and get some necessaries from the shops and then get back to work.

Tomorrow I have to deal with the tax return :/

My frog is sorting out the fiasco that was trying to switch energy suppliers and then switching back! I have no idea who we’re with, which company is taking money from me, whether it’s the correct amount… etc. I’m inspired! Next time I’m home (tomorrow evening) that is my frog to eat. I bet it will be a lot simpler than I think. :)

Not in the office yet so I can’t eat my BIG frog :) But I can do a medium sized one this morning after I have breaky.

I reckon breaky is important to gear me up to eat that frog!

Focus

My frogs this week have been deep cleaning male and female public/school changing rooms at work as its half term week. Off to work soon to scrub staff changing room (male)biggest frog so far has been walls in male changing room not quite finnishd them yet

enjoy life!

Ate one of my biggest frogs today, searched for different doctors and made appointments.
Next frog would be to go to them in 2 weeks.

Thanks to the motivation I get from all you frog eaters and PG, my coworker sitting next to me, helping me choose the doctors and call.

Afi, (sp.?), my best to you with your new physician. May he be guided with everything he/she needs to be whatever you need for perfect health(:

I AM
Peaceful:
Emotions, Sensations ,
& Feelings

Speaking of frogs, I’m going to make: 1.some semi-burdonsome financial calls and plans, then the easier frogs.Now!
Signing off!(:

I AM
Peaceful:
Emotions, Sensations ,
& Feelings

deleted my old frogs of 2009….reserving this space for New(:

I AM
Peaceful:
Emotions, Sensations ,
& Feelings

I would like to know if ….has created something helpful in your lives.

It definitly has in mine. I have picked up alot of organisational things which I have been putting off for years. And it does feel good organizing them now.

Todays frogs were, send off accounting for the past 2 months. Applied for the parking space a friend has found me.

Great thing happened to me when started this challenge. Few of the things just got solved by themselves:
I needed to find a parking space. When I put it on the list, a friend saw an add for a space right behind where I live and told me about it.
I need a new accountant as of next month. When I put it on the list, my old one told me that she knows someone and will introduce me.

Funny how once you tackle it, the frog becomes smaller and less disgusting :-)

Have a great weekend everyone.

Laurie~ Loved this thread! Just am catching up with bmindful after several weeks. I am a neatnik and cannot handle clutter. However, after spending only ONE WEEK away from my house, I came home to a pile of laundry (and I am NOT EXAGGERATING!) that was about 4 feet high & 4 feet wide. How could my husband and three children go through ALL of their clothing in one week when they were home sick with the flu???? So, today, I ate my frog… it make have taken hours and hours and hours and hours – BUT THE FLIPPIN FROG IS GONE!!! And – Whew! I feel better. Oh, and so will the people who I am donating a lot of clothes to – because we don’t need that many stinkin’ clothes and someone else may!! OUT OUT OUT!!

Ok, I had to swallow a poisonous frog! :) I was really stressed out!!

I am living in many dimensions at once; the appearance of being trapped in time and space is only an illusion.

Today, my frog is paying bills before I go to work. Here I go!

I AM
Peaceful:
Emotions, Sensations ,
& Feelings

That used to be my frog also. However, I have set everything up on autopay. That way, I don’t even have to worry about it. Bills, for me, were a huge stressor from my days of lack. Now, it is just done. All I have to do is look at the statement to make sure its correct and file it.

Today, my frog is writing a newsletter for my company. The weather is beautiful and all I want to do is go play. Guess I better go get some spices to eat that frog!

I am living in many dimensions at once; the appearance of being trapped in time and space is only an illusion.

http://www.43folders.com/
Productivity expert Merlin Mann gives advice on this blog on all kinds of things that can help you get more done, from fighting procrastination to changing the way you use technology.

Yesterday’s frog done: ALL my tax is up to date for the first time in 20 years! WOW. I am going to have a double latte and celebrate! Bonus I get another $1300 back!

Focus

This thread and Lauries ambition to do her masters has reminded me that I have a frog which needs to be put back on the list: Learn french.
Tomorrows frog will be to do a plan for that and set a deadline.
I can not complain about lack of time or anything. It is just my laziness.

Well done everyone and thanks for being so motivating.

Aftab, what a great ambition. My husband speaks five languages (English, French, Arabic, Spanish, Berber) and he is learning Turkish right now. I find myself looking at him with puppy-dog eyes (the eyes of an infatuated girl) as he slips from language to language when he’s doing business or just speaking with different friends.

I started to learn Arabic, but dropped it after 2 years when my favorite teacher quit. It’s amazing how much you forget when you don’t use it! I’m onto Spanish right now. It is MUCH easier to start with a language that shares the same alphabet.

It is true, the more frogs we donโ€™t do on time, the bigger project they become.

Distancing myself from my folks is going to be my biggest frog. I love them but, don’t have a great relationship with them. I also live in an area that’s not very populas and it’s hard to find great friends. It’s gonna be tough achieving my biggest frog.

In response to freygan’s post:
Congratulations on your taxes!

I AM
Peaceful:
Emotions, Sensations ,
& Feelings

How’s the deadline coming for learning French(:

I AM
Peaceful:
Emotions, Sensations ,
& Feelings

I love your results and enthusiasm with this frog eating challenge.

I AM
Peaceful:
Emotions, Sensations ,
& Feelings

In response to meditatingmama’s post:
How is your newsletter coming? Did you eat the frog or marinate it? LOL I loved that!

I AM
Peaceful:
Emotions, Sensations ,
& Feelings

I just fininshed some financial frogs! Yaay me. I’m not completely done with things I WILL do today, though I needed to make time to ackowledge my progress(:

I AM
Peaceful:
Emotions, Sensations ,
& Feelings

I hate him ;-)
I can understand your motivation to learn arabic completely. It has no relation at all to the latin languages.

Unfortunately I have not been that good with my french frog, got stuck at finding a teacher. My favorite one, who is my old one is in a different town, and I am ashamed of contacting her, because I have been putting it off for so long.
I took too long with this frog, so it has become a BIG one.

Tackled a little one today, which was push for getting the parking spot. Need some more pushing to sign the contract already this week.
And tonight I will eat the ‘pay the bills’ after the pizza.

If I could make a suggestion, “Feel the Fear and Do It Anyway” (smiles)

Make the conversation about your embarrassment with your French teacher, because that’s where you’re at. Who hasn’t put things off? One of the major reasons we don’t resume things we’ve put off, is either the difficulty of the project, or the“difficult” tasks surrounding the project.

I’m only one person, a person you’ve never met, though I’d like to personally support you with this frog that you seem so excited about accomplishing. I hope you make the call, and I’m so interested in hearing the wonderful outcome, no matter how it plays out.

Though, if you decide, there are other ways around this to achieve what you want, I of course support that too. Hope it helps a bit.

I AM
Peaceful:
Emotions, Sensations ,
& Feelings

I agree with Laurie, your French teacher will understand, you’ll then feel at ease, once you speak with your teacher. I’ve been there! Your French teacher only care’s about motivating you to succeed.

As regards to Laurie’s question, No I do not live at my parents home. They live 15 min’s from my place. Unfortunatly i had a relapse when my chronic fatigue was getting worse and lived with them for a while. It was Hell and still is. What keeps me from not relying on them for moral support, i do not know!

I nearly choked on that flippin’ frog, but I finally got in DOWN!! (and done) You know, I spent the last two days dreading it. I cleaned my house top to bottom to avoid it. After I actually sat down at the computer and started it, it only took about 45 minutes. What a shame that I wasted two days of worry and guilt on something that only took a brief amount of time to finish.

Glad to hear you got your financial frogs eaten. Those are my favorite frogs to collect. :)

Aftab, I agree with all the rest…contact your teacher and do it anyway. I liked Laurie’s reference to a Susan Jeffer’s book called “Feel the Fear and Do It Anyway”… I just finished reading it a few months ago.

Cheer’s all!

You’ve got me laughing out loud!!!! I couldn’t use a lol, because that’s sounds like a little snicker. Between your marinating the frogs and chokin’ on the flippin’ frogs;you’re just too funny.

Congratulations on your newsletter and your frog eating in general!! And I mean it! You’re doing great!

I AM
Peaceful:
Emotions, Sensations ,
& Feelings

I also had to laugh out loud.
WELL DONE.

And thank you all for the pushing. I have decided to go by her office Saturday morning. And I will do it.
Yes yes yes.

Have I eaten my frog today? Hmmm…Nope, not yet, I wrote about the frog eating process as a new thread w/MM’s words in mind

Though, now to get back to my ‘business of living’ and eat my frogs today. I am off today, and have nothing stopping me! See ya’ll later.

I AM
Peaceful:
Emotions, Sensations ,
& Feelings

So.
It’s a begining of a begining, as Laurie said.
Yes I did it. I went to my teacher, we both got excited seeing eachother again. Sheยดs lovely. And she had a great plan for me already. Whole day every 3 weeks. YEY…… I’ll be speaking french ….
At the end it was a delicious frog.

Great weekend for all you frog eaters. Am off to dinner now.

Congratulations, Aftab!! I am so proud of you. It was a tough step, but now it is on to the easy part :)

I have been busy with work these last couple of days and it seems like I don’t even have time to visualize what my frogs are.

Laurie~ You have given me a couple of frogs (links) to work on later. As soon as I get my priorities up and running!! :)

I’ve been thinking about my frog today. I wanted to focus on my goals, but I didn’t really want to think about specific tasks. So, I decided to ask myself the following questions instead:

1) What will I do today to give more than I’ve given before?

2) What will I do today to be more loving?

3) What will I do today to learn and grow?

4) What will I do today to share and create harmony and connection?

5) What will I do today to nurture, love, and express compassion and kindness?

6) What will I do today to bring value to my business, my family, my community, the world?

7) What will I do today to receive more?

8) What will I do today to believe more?

Just contemplating these ought to be a good challenge…

Dear Laurie~

Have I told you lately that you rock?? :)

Hugs!

Right back atcha :)

I AM
Peaceful:
Emotions, Sensations ,
& Feelings

Laurie, compared to what I’m doing right now, I wish I could eat an actual frog! Another coffee for me, maybe a quick lie down on my office floor, then I WILL EAT IT (putting this job off for over a month now)!!!!

“Even if you’re on the right track – you’ll get run over if you just sit there” Will Rogers

In response to Vivi is focused’s post:

Vivi~ I got your back! I’m sending you extra energy and perseverance so you can stick to it. If that doesn’t work, maybe I’ll send a little Shawarma spice your way… Hmmmm… Frog Gyro…. Would that help you Eat That Frog??? :)

Have we all stopped eating our frogs? pretty quiet here.

Actually, I have been eating frogs, my medical frogs the last days. Gone to the doctors (usually avoid them), given blood (usually avoid that) and recieved an injection (usually reject that).

Will start again on munching on my huge close-down-books-in-Germany frog this week.

My frog today is to change my attitude. I am heart broken that my oldest son flew back to Arizona to go back to school (spring break is over). My house is a disaster because I chose to spend all my time with my children instead of the house. I shall need to fix that (tomorrow and the next couple of days…). I am going to change my attitude to all of my dear, young children who are on my nerves tonight because they miss their older brother and are completely acting out. I forgive my husband who has disappeared for the evening – leaving me to deal with all of this on my own. Not sure how I will get my attitude back in order, but I am going to start with some “time out” in my room for some nice quite solitude and meditation…maybe some soothing music, if I can find it…

As far as my frog today, yes I ate that frog! I procrastinated until the last day of a project; and before work today I wrote up a financial proposal that I needed for family-stuff. I did it! Yay me! There were some stressful steps t this project! Now, just send me some positive energy, that without a doubt, my proposal is accepted. I believe it, you? Thanks in advance for being there for all of my sharing my daily frogs!

I AM
Peaceful:
Emotions, Sensations ,
& Feelings

Lately I’ve been just getting on and doing things. Little, mundane things like folding laundry and cleaning. I used to have excuses and thought I needed to put aside a good block of time before I would start. And with my busy life there was never enough time. But now I tell myself to JUST DO IT. And I have all you frog-eating folk to thank. The daily dose of BMindful is keeping this kind of thing in the forfront of my mind. I don’t even have any more time than before, but am fitting it in better (well not everything, much pond-life still around). Everyone has 24 hrs in the day, now I’ve learnt to watch trashy TV AND fold laundry at the same time, next I’ll be holding Time Management Seminars!

That is so exciting to me, and I’m so joyful for you!

I AM
Peaceful:
Emotions, Sensations ,
& Feelings

Today, folding laundry, tomorrow, The World. Look out here I come!

I ate a frog, I didn’t know I had. I had a revelation about some needed communication that was “past-due”. It happened, and was communicated well, and result seems successful. I had affirmed certain things in this area recently->and the results have been following suit. yaay for affirming the frogs;makes ‘em get eaten without as much conscious preparation.

I AM
Peaceful:
Emotions, Sensations ,
& Feelings

Stopped by to get motivation in order to attack my big frog. Here I go, logging off to attach the papers.

Go for it, aftab!

I AM
Peaceful:
Emotions, Sensations ,
& Feelings

Thanks.

I just realized how many mistakes I make while writting. Maybe we can have an automatic grammer and spelling check!?

Finished sorting the papers. Hereยดs my list for the next 2 days:
1-Write email to the accountant
2-make phone calls and provide new adress
3-Go to post office and send off the papers
4-Go to the gym (unfortunately has become a frog)
5-pay the new bills

Love your list.That’s what it takes! How did it go?

I AM
Peaceful:
Emotions, Sensations ,
& Feelings

Yaaay! Ate a big financial frog with a “roof over head” expense. The outcome was beyond my desired results! Part of my answered prayer is in process. Though, to have complete faith, I guess I’d have to say, it’s not just partly in process-it’s all going to go as needed, right?

I AM
Peaceful:
Emotions, Sensations ,
& Feelings

Everything is good and will be better and better :-)

So, my gym frog got cancelled, cause I had forgotten about a previous engagement ……. lucky frog, it’s alive and kicking. Today did an hour of fast walking (counts as gym?)
Have swollowed my big frog though :-) From no one it’s all about the small recurring frogs

In response to aftabโ€™s post:
Yeah, thoose recurring frogs are still something, I know! Weโ€™ll do it. Weโ€™ll all do these things a bite at a time w/a plan, right? My best to us all!!!!!!

Congratulations on doing the walking. Yes it counts as doing the infamous โ€˜somethingโ€™. You get frog-credit(:

ย updating this post with an enjoyable frog(:

I AM
Peaceful:
Emotions, Sensations ,
& Feelings

OK I’ve got a very large financial frog to eat today, by phone. I’m still battling a cold, but it’s getting a bit better. I also have to get ready for work. Things feel hard today->so I have to stop thinking, just plan->and do it! Here I go!

I AM
Peaceful:
Emotions, Sensations ,
& Feelings

Yes yes, pick up the phone, and it will go all smoothly.
And tonight please, no plans, no thinking, just relax and have lots of hot liquid (tee or soup)

You are the sweetest!

Phone call complete! So far, so good(: Keep your prayers and well wishes in this area. It’s a biggy(:

I AM
Peaceful:
Emotions, Sensations ,
& Feelings

We are all surrounding you, Laurie!! I think you have a large group of “cheerleaders” sending you much love & high energy. BIG HUGS! MM

And I truly appreciate it(:

I AM
Peaceful:
Emotions, Sensations ,
& Feelings

Here Here MM!! You are so right about that!

“Happiness is a perfume you cannot pour on others without getting a few drops on yourself.” ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson

Im eating a frog at the moment, and I pray everything comes my way. I am trying to get my children off a Kiwisaver Scheme, I was doing such a great thing for them at the time planning for their future, only to have niggling doubts and I started to rethink that it is really not my place to put them into the scheme, it is their decision to do for themselves what they want to do with their own future.

I got manipulated into the scheme, I was told good things and not of the bad things about it. I got told that I could get kids off it only to be told I got wrong advice and that it is too late.

I do wish sometimes I wasnt so naive.

I hope things go well, I hope the Bank and Inland Revenue come to see my side of things, and hope they take note and change the clause, they are aware a lot of parents are wanting to take their children off the scheme also.

“Happiness is a perfume you cannot pour on others without getting a few drops on yourself.” ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson

Good luck Pure Essence. If you feel you were manipulated I hope you have a governing body you can complain to, I’m sure there would be. I hope you are able to find independant financial advise about your situation, as it might possibly be the wrong time to sell down the shares with the market being so low and there might be better options for the moment.

Seems there are a few financial frogs being eaten lately, best of luck everyone.

Thankyou Viv for your good luck wishes! I have been praying hard for things to come my way. Its easter weekend now and the person I need to contact is on holiday till Monday.

Wishing you the very best of everything!

I’ve been working on a nagging long-term frog today;the kind where the true end result is slow. I made a dent, that I can see, and for that, yaay me!

I AM
Peaceful:
Emotions, Sensations ,
& Feelings

Some frogs approaching:
- watch my weight by doing more exercise (bought a new dress and love handles sticking out a bit)
- Pay the outstanding bills and clear out the papers from the living room.
- Study the earth clinic re: low iron and action the suggestions
- Buy apple vinegar and start drinking the cocktail every morning.
- Focus on the affirmations

What is the cocktail you will be drinking every morning? I’m very curious.

Apple vinegar has many benefits, so a spoon full mixed with water every morning is very good. But it tastes awful. I once mixed it with a spoon of honey and it was good.
Will do some research to find other ways of drinking it.

Yes Aftab! Once again you are on the same page as me! I have been back to my cider vinegar ritual too – in anticipation for this possible weight gain associated with quitting smoking.
I havent quit yet….but I am not finishing the cigarettes I light and am lighting much fewer. My attitude is certainly changing thanks to your tips on replacing the imagery.

Anyway, back to the frog issue:
I have eaten a big frog today. Learnt to ‘digest’ the fact that I have defects of character and in order to make changes in my life I need to approach them with a positive mind. Replace negative with positive. Accept that I am what I am, but look to recognise them before they manifest.
I look forward to leaping into new realms of self discovery, leaving behind old behavioural patterns that were once damaging to me. I feel better already – although its never easy to swallow some home truths about yourself! Onwards and upwards!

A full and thankful heart..

In response to anoushka_f’s post:
How do you drink your cider vinegar?

Neat! With eyes closed! Just a capful. Or in a little hot water – but you know, that just makes it longer and somehow stronger (makes me cough).
;o)

A full and thankful heart..

I have been in a reevaluating mode w/my hubby; letting go of earlier youth and taking on “new youth”.

New frogs, old frogs and getting things done regularly and well. Paced well.

Do something.

Do more.

And gradually all will be done better better better.

I AM
Peaceful:
Emotions, Sensations ,
& Feelings

i was wondering what was meant by eating a frog ,what a great way to look at it ,i can waste hours thinking about what i should be doing until i run out of time or im too tired to do them – never thought of procratinating as making you tired .Starting my list today ,i think i could fill a roll of wallpaper with things i put off !

i’m going to clean out my 5 bunnies first , i put it off because i have to bend down for 3 of them and have a few back problems but today thats my frog

todays frog is to clear out a lot of clutter under the stairs ,we have an old piano there that cant go anywhere else and have finally found 2 men with a van who will take it ,so thats what im tackling ,theres nolight and its a low ceiling so i will feel as though im in a frog pond , great thing about eating this frog is there wil then be a space for my tumble dryer which is in the middle of kitchen floor at the moment .They also take stuff you dont want so ive got a good start for clutter clearing as no transport myself .Its a hopefull day .

today’s frogs are wonderful preparations before work to ‘set the table’ for my hypothetical frog eating day(:
I’ve done a form of relaxation and meditation. I’ve engaged in prayer & letting go of the result. I’ve had my morning lemon juice.

With my remaining time…focus is on professional appearance for a day at work (basics…and valuing this as something important with so much daily interaction with others)

My next focus are affirmations and healthy morning foods and healthy foods to bring for my lunch/dinner at work. I will also create a list of reminders for things at work …for day…& for work(:

โœ”affirmations (eventually) surfacing here soon:

I AM
Peaceful:
Emotions, Sensations ,
& Feelings

Today, I plan on having a ‘frog fest’ with my hubby(: When we are rested…we are going to our favorite health food grocery store and buy good things for today and tomorrow…Though first, sitting down at their lovely organic food bar…and have brunch. Over brunch-frog fest will begin..we will have a productive financial business meeting. Who says you can’t mix business with pleasure?

I AM
Peaceful:
Emotions, Sensations ,
& Feelings

Today I plan to plan and create a plan of inspired action to areas of great importance and value

I am so excited!A-Motivational-Classroom-Poster.jpg

โ€œI focus on this task only. This task is easy.โ€

ย 

I AM
Peaceful:
Emotions, Sensations ,
& Feelings

I will spend 30 min of focused time on my monthly budget this eve

88cf77153f3eeae9e618090258d7f0d4.png

I AM
Peaceful:
Emotions, Sensations ,
& Feelings

Jump to Top ^^

To get the most out of the bmindful forum, please sign up or log in!

Related Content