login to bmindful Sign up for your FREE bmindful account!

To get the most out of the bmindful forum, please sign up or log in!

★the real route to happiness involves a pencil

The real route to happiness involves a pencil.

I read that somewhere. Let’s discuss why!

All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us.
— Gandalf, J.R.R. Tolkien
I’m Alright
Life Less Ordinary

From a psychological perspective, thinking and writing are very different. Thinking can often be somewhat unstructured, disorganized, and even chaotic. In contrast, writing encourages the creation of a story line and structure that help people make sense of what has happened and work toward a solution. In short, talking can add to a sense of confusion, but writing provides a more systematic, solution-based approach. (from the book 59 Seconds)

I’m Alright
Life Less Ordinary

When it comes to an instant fix for everyday happiness, certain types of writing have a surprisingly quick and large impact. Expressing gratitude, thinking about a perfect future, and affectionate writing have been scientifically proven to work—and all they require is a pen, a piece of paper, and a few moments of your time. (from the book 59 Seconds)

I’m Alright
Life Less Ordinary

like this thread cookieman ,book sounds good ,love flowergirl

At times I need to get all the thoughts out of my head and begin with blank space. By writing I can get a different perspective on what I think/feel and it’s also like practice , knowing what’s on my mind and what/how I want to say {it}.

Writing helps to release troubles and pain. It can also be used to bring joy.

I have never been much for keeping a journal because once written twice goodbye.

The real route to happiness involves a pencil , this is so true.

Great thread!

a favorite of mine!!

writer-quote-square-prints.jpg

I AM
Peaceful:
Emotions, Sensations ,
& Feelings

Anything that anyone gives attention to, becomes true

Writing is a spiritual path. It helps you listen to your heart, trust your inner guidance, and live your life full-out. Robert Holden

I AM
Peaceful:
Emotions, Sensations ,
& Feelings

In response to Mr Brightside's post:

love that. Getting in touch more & more with things you feel & even recalling things you do & would like to do is such a wonderful gift to be there for ourselves 

I AM
Peaceful:
Emotions, Sensations ,
& Feelings

I am a dynamic change agent with skills in planning and implementing change.

I enjoy and look forward to the process of detailed planning

Exercise:

Decide on a major goal in your life – either personal or professional.  How much time will you give yourself to achieve this goal? How will you know that you achieved it? Is your success measurable? Attainable? Write out your goal in a clear, concise, positive manner. Transfer it to a 3 x 5 card; place it in your office and home where you will see  your goal several times a day. Successful people move on their own imitative, but they know where they are going before they start. {Napoleon Hill}

Missing article , though saved some:was called 7 Benefits Of Success Journal

By Mike Martorella

An excellent way to reinforce the importance of your daily accomplishments, big or small, is to keep a success journal. Even if there were only a few simple things you did well that day, for example, “I made it to the meeting on time” or “I took the opportunity to introduce myself to the new employee”, writing down and recognizing your successes – no matter how basic they may seem, creates positive reinforcement and over time these positive reminders add up and enhance your self-esteem and strengthen your self-confidence.
 to read article in full ARTICLE missing 

excellent way to reinforce the importance of your daily accomplishments, big or small,

I AM
Peaceful:
Emotions, Sensations ,
& Feelings

Writing is powerful!

I AM
Peaceful:
Emotions, Sensations ,
& Feelings

Jump to Top ^^

To get the most out of the bmindful forum, please sign up or log in!

Related Content