login to bmindful Sign up for your FREE bmindful account!

To get the most out of the bmindful forum, please sign up or log in!

★Let's Begin Notes for Our MotivationBook

Over the years we’ve all experientially learned things about motivation.

This thread is a place for you to come and report what you recall that has worked for you..all of the hindsight lessons. I believe we can construct our own study..and learn from it. If you find data that supports what worked for you- it would be great if you note that. Because chances are if it had worked for you, you are not totally alone with your findings.

I believe motivation is not that complex; it is the creating of directed desire for being motivated which often creates puzzling questions. It causes a person to question their character/abilities/desires.

I will begin with an example which occurred just this evening. After I arrived home from work, I had it in my mind that I would recreate the same post I wrote here this morning. What I had written… was long, and had a progressive level of examples (each example forming a basis for the next). Somehow a train of thought that flowed so naturally couldn’t be saved..my computer started slowing down..and wouldn’t let my thoughts post.

The morning’s writing assisted me further in getting me in the flow for my day. I told myself..being momentarily peeved that this particular post was gone..I let it go, and I’d rewrite it when I got home. What I had written did jump-start my flow for my day..The specifics are ‘gone’ right now.

Though when I got home I desired the end result (IE what I had written), but I had no desire to recreate the mindfulness that allowed me to write what I had written. The desire which had overridden the desire to write what I had…was replaced with just wanting to be home. I wanted to eat dinner, and watch a program my hubby had taped for us. I also wanted to have a relaxed mindset to drift off to sleep afterwards…tomorrow being another day of work…

So the moral of this particular motivation lesson was…I desired the result of duplicating the post I had written…but I didn’t desire the heart and mind that went into writing that post.

Motivation can appear frustrating until… we see what we want is…sometimes not to do what is needed to pull off what it is we say we want. That desire shouldn’t be ignored. It says much. Being true to self is major in motivation.

One of my favorite statements/affirmations is- I am right where I’m supposed to be. I love that because everything begins with the heart and soul of where you are.

I will write much more on motivation. I will write many of the ideas that I wrote this morning. Though, I am not motivated to find that place inside of me to do this now. Knowing that is motivation within itself. I am not lazy. I am not procrastinating. I am being true to myself and having acceptance for who I am and where I am at. That is vital for elements of motivation in my book; self awareness, respecting myself, and reframing my intent and plan to begin when it is suitable for me.

This may be a silly example..though it was in the moment that I had decided what I would and wouldn’t do this evening..that I had realized more about motivation (mine)..and what I believe is vital in developing motivation for anything. It helps ask the important questions. What is it you want? Where are you this moment? What are you willing to do to accomplish this? Are your resources in line with your desires?

For me 1 major resource is my heart-space.

There are lots of things I want in my life. I don’t make myself nutty for what doesn’t exist, because I haven’t yet decided what I want to do for those things. Life is about decision and commitment even in the smallest things.

It is about going back to the basics. It is about deciding what is basic for you. I will continue soon..time to prepare for my great nights sleep(:
I am motivated for sleep because I enjoy it, and love how it helps motivate me for the best of the best tomorrow.G’night(:

~~~~~~~~~~

• this thread is from 2011, intro the same, posts the same… though would love to see it become current (:

Related Quote Pics Coming Soon:

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRqP0-PRay7Qa3WYup0yuHpm0IhVvtPk6mUq20PPnuHcW-tzRoJ

related threads coming soon

your-top-10-rules-for-success created by Lake Placid in 2016

decisions decisions created by SRWE in 2010
in process

I AM
Peaceful:
Emotions, Sensations ,
& Feelings

My motivation is sort of an affermation , “things will get better” thats what motivates me presently.

I like that duckie reminds me of that song “things can only get better “ , heres another one popped into my mind “the only way is up “,

Going to put some thought into this thread because motivation has been a big struggle for me ,love flowergirl

Challenge is a great motivator.

Results desired are also a great motivator.

The ‘trick’ is to see what you need..as something you will make a decision and commit to.

Hindsight is a great teacher..Waiting for consequences that requires a major overhaul..and overwhelming urgency is not something I enjoy..so I try to keep what I can “simple”.

That is the purpose for asking myself what do I really need and why.

I AM
Peaceful:
Emotions, Sensations ,
& Feelings

Motivation is seeking something you perceive you want even though you don’t always know what it is you want or fully understand what will happen if you get it. Yet you still want it and are willing to take some action to get it.

Words are like seeds. When you write them out, they grow into your dreams and spark the imagination of others.

This is a great idea for a thread. I logged on specifically to create a thread just now for this exact thing and saw that Laurie had already thought of it. Good work, Laurie.

I was wanting to create a thread that cuts through some of the myth of affirmation and visualization and other related things and get down to what the actual research says.

Here are a few things I have found out recently.

Confirmed Research Says:
———————————-
On Visualization: Visualizing yourself from outside yourself rather than from a first person perspective is more effective in creating change. (Take a good look at the Blue Mirror technique.)

Goals: Breaking down a long term goal into several measurable parts increases the likelihood of success. Use dates and numbers and steps to measure your progress and reward yourself when you complete each step.

Motivation: When you can’t seem to get yourself up off the couch to exercise it is useful to think of the regret you are going to feel afterward if you DON’T do it.

Procrastination: Simply taking one little step to begin something will energize you. Often that is all it takes. Even if the project seems large and difficult just the very act of doing one little tiny part of it will often be all it takes to ensure its completion.

Visualize the PROCESS: Visualizing yourself making an “A” on a test is not how to use visualization. It can even be counter productive. What you should do is visualize yourself going through the process of doing the things necessary to get an “A”, or getting a better job, or getting in shape, or making more money, or learning a new skill, or just about anything.

Comparing Outcomes: When thinking about a goal you want to achieve you should think of (And Write Out – It Is Important To Write It Out) at two benefits of reaching the goal and two realistic obstacles of getting to the goal. (Consider the Blue Mirror or NLP to see yourself overcoming obstacles.)

Happiness: Regularly writing out a list of things you are grateful for will improve your level of happiness. Also, doing things for other people will significantly improve your overall level of happiness.

All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us.
— Gandalf, J.R.R. Tolkien
I’m Alright
Life Less Ordinary

WRITE IT OUT, WRITE IT OUT, WRITE IT OUT, WRITE IT OUT, WRITE IT OUT, WRITE IT OUT, WRITE IT OUT, WRITE IT OUT, WRITE IT OUT, WRITE IT OUT, WRITE IT OUT, WRITE IT OUT, WRITE IT OUT, WRITE IT OUT, WRITE IT OUT, WRITE IT OUT, WRITE IT OUT, WRITE IT OUT, WRITE IT OUT, WRITE IT OUT, WRITE IT OUT, WRITE IT OUT, WRITE IT OUT, WRITE IT OUT, WRITE IT OUT, WRITE IT OUT, WRITE IT OUT, WRITE IT OUT, WRITE IT OUT, WRITE IT OUT, WRITE IT OUT. WRITE IT OUT.

One thing I come across over and over and research supports is that WRITING IT OUT is important.

All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us.
— Gandalf, J.R.R. Tolkien
I’m Alright
Life Less Ordinary

I agree with themadcookieman.. One thing I’m not sure about is …Should I write it out?

Just kidding!

Words are like seeds. When you write them out, they grow into your dreams and spark the imagination of others.

Some of the greatest things I’ve learned involves the following statements and questions..(I will be back with more)

Whatever you think is the most important thing..is only important if you are being true to yourself, loving yourself and fitting in the basics..as a top priority…

Some people stay so busy with things that have little-to nothing to do with creating their best..
few examples:
- are you aware of what you put into your body?
- is it line with what you know about keeping yourself energized, fit and able?

- Do you ask yourself questions about your needs and desires? Or are they things someone else feels is important?

- Do you engage in big picture thinking..and break it down to manageable accountable-pieces?

- Do you write about your dreams and daily accomplishments..as well as review a list you review to stay ‘with it’?

- Have you found what works for you yet? And if not are you listening to powerful motivators to begin finding out how to assess what is important to you?

I AM
Peaceful:
Emotions, Sensations ,
& Feelings

As we progress through our many life stages, we are often motivated by what others think as important to us. Refreshed is right! We all should search for what is true for ourselves and be willing to reflect and ask ourselves what is it that we truly need. Often our desires are things we neither need or that turn out to be good for us. I have often fallen into the trap of being so busy that I have failed to do what is right and good for me, which in turn is not good for everyone around me. I call that being unconscious. It is hard work to stay true to yourself.

In response to Poppy's post:

good point Poppy!

I AM
Peaceful:
Emotions, Sensations ,
& Feelings

Jump to Top ^^

To get the most out of the bmindful forum, please sign up or log in!

Related Content