login to bmindful Sign up for your FREE bmindful account!

To get the most out of the bmindful forum, please sign up or log in!

★Do you really have to 'feel' your affirmations?

I keep on hearing that for affirmations to be effective, you must feel somewhat positive about them and add emotion to them. However, there are others who say that just repeating them is good enough. Of course I’m doing affirmations for things I want and therefor feel good in that respect. But there is usually a hidden belief that doesn’t make me feel so good. Sometimes the goal seems unattainable in the moment, but I would like to affirm I have the item, experience, etc., that I’m affirming for.

So, is just repeating the affirmations enough? Or is it a must to add feelings to them? What do you think—or what is your experience with this?

2/13/09What a thought provoking thread! I thank you for it. I am sure there are a number of views on the subject. And understandably, some of my ideas, beliefs/ philosophies may be quite different from yours and others.

Lots of things come to mind when I think of the idea of “feelings” and affirmations. I think of joy, passion, motivation and simply fathoming if something can truly just be, because I claim it as such.I believe, feelings and affirmations depend on the affirmation, a bit about the person, current baseline circumstances, footwork and the mind set you are willing to combine with it all.

Like all of us, I use a combination of things to move forward. I enjoy feeling pumped about goals. If I’m uncomfortable with my thinking or feeling, I reflect and deal (with a variety of techniques). All feelings are wonderful, because we own them. If we decide on experiencing something different, we can choose by surrounding ourselves with affirmations and positive actions and prayer. We can all affirm something else if we are not served well by our current experience. I decide what it is I want and my motive for wanting it (a new thought-place for the life I’m believing is in process). By knowing this is so, passion for the results in process, is possible.

I enjoy asking myself many questions. It helps.

These questions have become kind of automatic for me. Ya see, I don’t like to wallow in my life. But, we all do for awhile, and like one of the threads say :I like to keep the wallowing real short. I know no one will take better care of me than me, so I better do a good job. By prompting myself with a question, I am more apt to get meaningful answers to my needs and direction. This boosts my belief because I am not coming out of nowhere with an affirmation. I’m engaged in my direction

So here comes some of my questions: Do I have gratitude for all I have currently? Do I understand it is not me per se, with all of the info and power? Am I humble enough to admit it and have acceptance? Do I believe in the power in powerlessness? Do I understand just because I alone can’t, but Something greater than myself is There with a perfect plan that involves me?

Am I willing to claim that good?

Then I look at the baseline, of where I am at. What do I have the power to change? Am I changing all I can with what I can and what I know? Or am I waiting to be rescued by inventing people, places and things to restore ->All-> of it for me?

Is what I am asking have bearing on others and how? If positive, I tend to be more filled with a greater desire for the area to be fulfilled.

Once I get this real, I go deeper and ask myself where does it hurt? I then reframe the issue by using exercises that help change what I felt to what I want to feel. I mentioned them on other threads called blue mirror and reframing. That boosts me to the next phase.

All through my processing of ->being I review affirmations. We speak to ourselves more than anyone, so I try to have good dialogue with myself by familiarizing myself with the best thoughts I’m capable of. And in this community, that is easy. People here have tremendous spirit and depth.

Thinking, feeling and responding differently with each glance at my affirmations; because simply depends where I’m at.

I know I’m always on some level responding to what I see, think and feel from the past, in the present and for the future.

So it’s good when I cradel myself with the best I’ve got by demonstrating the best to myself and some others when possible. That helps me approve of myself. When I approve of myself, I feel more deserving for my best life. Affirmations make me feel like I am all dressed up with some place to go.

Affirmations make me ready to focus, organize, plan, create, believe and so fourth-> so I can actively and more easily focus, organize, plan and create. I love keeping a vision-board so I can “passively” assume I’m right where I’m supposed to be. I can feel a directional energy for what I say I want. Saying on top of what I wanyt is key? That’s why questions to myself are key. Affirmations come from my questions.

Visualize and work with the plans you’re creating. prepare your life around the successful being that you already are.

We all do things differently, feel things differently to get where we are going and to become who and what we are (already). Balance is something we all need to identify individually. It is something you strive for, not land on.

As for me, I love certain motivation speakers (that I feel connected with). The reinforcement from a motivational person who has succeeded where I want to go (with pertinent ideas) helps me follow through with an internal and external recipe for getting off my butt, when I’d rather be vegging from the details of life’s issues (money, time,health and energy, people, places, things)

Then planning becomes easier (breaking things down, the prioritizing and the revising). I do my best. Give the Higher Power the rest, and ask for support from Higher Power as often as I need it. I share with trusted people like my spouse or here in this community. I write, and read things that reinforce and strengthen my course. I keep on planning, keep on doing, keep on believing. By engaging in a process that reminds me I am not sitting on my laurels I feel excited about every aspect of what I do. By the time the result rolls around, I feel like I am partying inside.

I read an interesting statement today; you don’t have to be joyful to be motivated. So to me it makes sense to go through the process I do (for myself);because to me joy is part of the package I want to assume.

Though, in answering your question, do I always feel my affirmations???When I read over my long affirmation list, and something tuggs at me, like who are you kidding, I know it’s time for a little more of the above work. Keep it simple (step at a time) and be real and then your dreams will become real, that is my philosophy..so far. Affirmations and how we speak to ourselves (with words pictures and actions)are POWEREFUL, but not be confused with the words alone being powerful.

This is the most I’ve written on a topic. It appears this is a topic close to me; ya think? (smiles)

I AM
Peaceful:
Emotions, Sensations ,
& Feelings

Laurie, thank you for your kind words about my threads. And thank you for your well thought out answer.

I found this today http://www.subliminalblaster.com/ which goes along with what I’m asking. The program flashes affirmations on your computer screen and you absorb them subconsciously. I’m going to download the free version, either tonight or tomorrow to see how it goes.

I wish you success with the program you found.

I’m a little paranoid with subliminal-things. Can’t wait to hear how it works for you! !! :)

I like bmindful start page. I have mine on my tool bar. I like the very bold-looking affirmations (that are my own) and how they randomly appear. It’s been really great for me! I checked out Lee’s cool feature with the affirmation-search. I was so impressed of the look and ease of it. Put in an area in the search box, and a beautiful looking list appears. It’s really cool.

I AM
Peaceful:
Emotions, Sensations ,
& Feelings

Affirmations can be used to root out limiting beliefs instead of allowing them to persist and block your desires from manifesting and prevent you from changing what no longer serves you. Here's a playlist that I'm sure many can find some value in these very useful and practical ways of using affirmations in a way that's more than just saying them which have power in themselves when used with conviction and persistence. The first video in the playlist has a very powerful method in revealing subconscious beliefs and how to immediately begin reprogramming. 

I would also recommend using focus wheels that iz often discussed with Abraham-Hicks. There are free iPhone apps that have focus wheels available in the App Store. You can also find some printable focus wheels with a quick Google search. 

There’s no such thing as fiction. Our experiences are constructed within our own imagination. What we believe iz possible iz what we’ll experience. The life we’re living now iz only imagined in some of the minds of other infinite parallel versions of you.

• ☼ ►• AudioFocus Wheel Process -
      ☼ ►• Free Printable Wheel Make Your Own Focus Wheel
    • ✰~~#5 Focus Wheel & more-site you may like~~ ✰~~~~
    •  ✰~~Your Focus Wheel A merry-go-round of healing.
    • Highlighted ARTICLE/ Your Focus Wheel -A Merry-Go-Round Of Healing.”:article

This merry-go-round will help you understand the Focus-Wheel Process, a process that has been designed specifically to help you release resistance and focus you into your Vortex. And, in fact, the process itself mimics a swirling, attracting Vortex, which gathers momentum as it swirls.maxresdefault.jpg
      © 2014 Hay House, Inc. All Rights Reservedto read article in full

I AM
Peaceful:
Emotions, Sensations ,
& Feelings

Focus Wheel By Minddrake for iPhones & iPads

Focus Wheel by Minddrake for Android Phones & Devices

iPhone Screenshot 1

iPhone Screenshot 2

iPhone Screenshot 3

iPhone Screenshot 4

iPhone Screenshot 5

There’s no such thing as fiction. Our experiences are constructed within our own imagination. What we believe iz possible iz what we’ll experience. The life we’re living now iz only imagined in some of the minds of other infinite parallel versions of you.

Jump to Top ^^

To get the most out of the bmindful forum, please sign up or log in!

Related Content