login to bmindful Sign up for your FREE bmindful account!

To get the most out of the bmindful forum, please sign up or log in!

★Got Feng Shui ?

I am currently incorporating the the elements of Feng Shui within my home and life.

Upon reading through the book titled THE WESTERN GUIDE TO FENG SHUI ~ Creating Balance , Harmony and Prosperity in Your Envirnoment by Terah Kathryn Collins, I am learning how to use what I already have to work with rather than spending a lot of money. I did however purchase a plant and also plan to purchase some material for sofa makeover.

It began with spring cleaning and painting. Still have much painting to be done but am pleasantly pleased with the results so far with the changes within the first room I am attacking , the living room.

After removing all the pictures , sconces , etc. that covered my walls, the fresh coat of paint looks so wonderfully refreshed I am not going to put anything back up on them.

The whole room feels more welcoming as I enter it. I even fell asleep in my reclining chair and had the best , deepest sleep I have had in some time. This makes me look forward to completing the task within the bedroom.

Which brings me to another problem I feel I need to fix immediately , but have not discovered the proper articles or items to place there.

That is the Romance and relationship section of the room.

Prior to my interest in Feng Shui I simply placed items where they fit , always realigning / rearranging them , buying different items etc.

For the past three years this corner held my daughters pet rabbit ,one which she adopted from a rescue center. The rabbit died in January , this new year.

After the past few weeks of my redecorating endeavors , as I mentioned this corner was still empty , void of any elements that would bring bagua.

Having had to move the hamster and no where else to really put it I told my daughter he could stay in that corner until I made the proper choices for it. A week later the hamster died.

I’m beginning to see that this may be in direct correlation with the fact that the past few years have been difficult within our home as far as the relationship issues go.

For the time being I have decided to leave this space blank. Just fresh white walls. A blank slate to start fresh and new. Something to build on, rather than remove or tear down. Pictures from the past have gone. Blotches on the walls have been covered over etc.

As our home environment and relationships heal , those things that create new balance and new memories will come.

That is my plan.

Sounds like a great project. I have wanted to understand Feng Shui more. Bring your ideas here(: Share what you learn(:

I AM
Peaceful:
Emotions, Sensations ,
& Feelings

So far I have learned that less is more. That material items are just things that take up space. That sentimentality has a place of it’s own and it’s okay to go there to visit once in a while but not linger for to long.

I have also learned that it is much easier to pick up and keep the space neat and tidy. Evey thing has a place and everything is in it’s place.

Working on my dining room today.

It basically extends off the kitchen only separated by a ceiling beam and door ways going into other rooms. Also both sections create one narrow but long rectangle. Because the space is narrow the table has always been up against one wall, making a path in which we are often bumping into each other.

Today I moved the table into the center of the room under the lamp and in line with the rectangle creating two pathways and also more room to sit at the table without having to move it out and put it back when company comes.

I have de-cluttered a bookshelf and plan to donate, sell or give to friends many books. Paperbacks and novels, cookbooks, gardening books, crafting books. All things that are there, but I do not use and only collect dust. I am keeping only the one cookbook that I use all the time and a vegetarian cookbook.

I did my bedroom this weekend. Once again by moving things around there seems to be more space and the room is more inviting and comfortable to be in.

I am also having a wonderful time at craft fairs and yard sales as I seek out items to add that will help me in this. With the nice weather I can’t wait to get started on the yard and gardens.

I got to a point that I was confusing myself and second guessing too much. I was expecting a miracle cure , something to happen suddenly.

I was driving my husband and daughter a little crazy with it also.

I gave it rest for a while but am now back at. I am reading through another book by the same author, studying and mapping out on paper my ideas before making the changes in my home.

I still need the support of my family and help their to move furniture. They have agreed to stop being negative if I stop talking about it so much. They don’t seem to have the “issues” I do. They could care less if the house is clean and comfortable or not. I on the other hand have told them they will be thanking me when we all are more healthy , wealthy and wise , not to mention ridiculously happy together :)

A few things I have learned are , change is continuous. That this energy is real and that everything is alive and working together is a fact and also a very powerful thing.

I need to be more patient , and Feng Shui is Fun !

I swear I re read this before clicking the post reply button. Sorry for the typos , but in life I seek balance and something always tips the scales of perfection now doesn’t it :)

Jump to Top ^^

To get the most out of the bmindful forum, please sign up or log in!

Related Content