login to bmindful Sign up for your FREE bmindful account!

To get the most out of the bmindful forum, please sign up or log in!

★Thoughts and Thinking [&Feeling]

Highlighted Link

Thoughts and Thinking

and Feeling

• ~

Affirmations in process:

I am a Karate master of my thoughts.

I am taking care of my mind through right thinking, rest and renewal.

I am calm… so peaceful…& trust this now moment of my life

With God’s spirit inside I can take anything in stride. I am unflappable!
When I say YES to myself and my needs, my energy always increases and I feel wonderful.
Everything I do increases the harmony, beauty, and order in my life.

I AM
Peaceful:
Emotions, Sensations ,
& Feelings

That is an excellent link, Laurie.

Over the last few days a new awareness has come over me. It is that I can and should be more deliberate in my thinking. I believe I, and most people for that matter, don’t “direct” our thinking. We just passively wallow in our thoughts. I can see how one can go with the flow, but also guide ourselves IN the flow. I believe it would take some effort, but would be very rewarding to learn to observe our thoughts more and DIRECT our thoughts more. We can use affirmation to fill our minds with the thoughts we want, BUT we can also be far more THOUGHTFUL about the affirmations that we use. We can be more conscious in choosing our thoughts, we don’t have to be passive in what we are thinking. I think that we can do better if we get in the habit of becoming aware of our thinking more and more throughout the day. If we are passive in our thinking all the time then we let life “happen to us” rather than directing our lives to achieve our goals. We can let life happen to us OR we can create the life we want. Conscious Thinking rather than Passive Thinking is powerful. I often think of thoughts as tools. Over the last couple of years I have become much more aware of my thoughts, I frequently step back and observe the thinker, which has been a wonderful step forward for me, but I believe that NOW I will be more active in observing, selecting and directing my thoughts in an intelligent and practical way. We often hear about how important it is to plan, well, conscious thinking (as opposed to passive thinking) makes planning more effective. Actually, it shakes us out of our passivity and awakens us to the true power of planning and helps us to recognize the importance of using this tool. (I’m rambling, I know, but my mind is on fire right now, so please forgive me if I am incoherent.) Another thing that crosses my mind, but I haven’t considered much yet is the recognition of and the importance of the differences between thoughts and feelings.

All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us.
— Gandalf, J.R.R. Tolkien
I’m Alright
Life Less Ordinary

Absolutely..the difference between thoughts and feelings and the pros and cons of the overlap of them both(:

I AM
Peaceful:
Emotions, Sensations ,
& Feelings

Also, the thinking thing makes such sense with regard to journaling. Reviewing your journal frequently can help you get an overview of your thinking and assist in your planning. I would like to hear some of your thoughts about the differences between thought and feeling.

All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us.
— Gandalf, J.R.R. Tolkien
I’m Alright
Life Less Ordinary

In response to Selfcare-LivingLifeOfEase's post: In response to Smart_Routines_With_Enthusiasm's post

love Joseph Naft's  site! glad you enjoyed.

In response to Smart_Routines_With_Enthusiasm's post:

love all you wrote in posts above!

I like this quote:

f5425ac45106621844ede4828183af0b.jpg

and this affirmation:

• When we combine thoughts and feelings with what we are desiring for ourselves with purpose...the outcome is amazing!

thread from 2012-looking to return soon

in present times. Feeling this is a great topic to give focus toward

• ~

THOUGHTS/FEELINGS

Gratitude bestows reverence.....changing forever how we experience life and the world.

John Milton

I AM
Peaceful:
Emotions, Sensations ,
& Feelings

The stream of thinking has enormous momentum that can easily drag you along with it. Every thought pretends that it matters so much ~ Eckhart Tolle

Anything that anyone gives attention to, becomes true

Under the obsessive thoughts and plans, under the emotions, positive and negative, there is an ocean of peace ~ gangaji

Although we think that we think, most of the time we are being thought by the collective mind, the hypnosis of conditioning ~ Deepak Chopra

Cease trying to work everything out with your minds, it will get you nowhere. Live by intuition and inspiration and let your whole life be a Revelation. ~Eileen Caddy

I AM
Peaceful:
Emotions, Sensations ,
& Feelings

Jump to Top ^^

To get the most out of the bmindful forum, please sign up or log in!

Related Content