login to bmindful Sign up for your FREE bmindful account!

To get the most out of the bmindful forum, please sign up or log in!

★What does your alias mean?

looking around i can see a lot of funny alias’s

mine, Se Da Luz is Spanish and its literal translation to English means “To Give Light” but it also means “To Give Birth”

la mama se dio luz a una bebe
the mum gave birth to a baby

what does yours mean?

Mine means what it says, it is what I feel inside. Im at this stage of having my alias name as a tattoo for the back of my neck, thou not too sure whether to go for Maori wording as Ma (macron over letter a) Waiwai or stay as english. Pure Essence has been with me for many years. I am from a maori descentant, being half maori from Ngapuhi tribe and half dutch.

I love your meaning for your alias! Very powerful indeed!

“Happiness is a perfume you cannot pour on others without getting a few drops on yourself.” ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson

Mine has not deep meaning. Many years ago, when I was about 12 years old a game we used to play where I live was called Rabbit Hunting. This was back when CB radios were all the rage. All of the folks who were into mobile cb’s had them in their cars. Well on most weekend nights my brothers would take their cars up to the local hang outs,(various parking lots on the main drag in our small town) it was pretty common to have 30 or 40 cars playing. Well one car was the rabbit. That person would drive somewhere (usually the boundaries were the city limits, but sometimes this varied) and park his car in a hiding spot, and when he was good and hidden (usually with a girlfriend in the car for company) he would say he was ready over his CB. Then he would start giving clues. Something like, “I’m northwest of the court house, and I can see a flashing red light, and I’m not far from where I might get a flat tire fixed.” The cars would all head off looking for the “rabbit”. It was a really big deal back then, people usually had high beam spot lights to help them search. Anyway, when you found the “rabbit” you had to shoot him with your headlights. This way you won. The winner would then go hide (with his girlfriend) and the original rabbit would have to be shot two more times by other players at which point the new rabbit would be hidden. All of the other players would head back to the parking lot and wait for the next game to start.

Well, one of my brother’s girlfriend used to bring me chocolate chip cookies, and she decided my “handle” would be cookieman. I never liked it but my friends also had big brothers and sisters who played the game. They started calling me that on the cb.

My two older brothers played, incidentally they were “Long John Silver” and “Soap”.

Okay, now all of this was over thirty years ago. But I went through a phase where I played an online game called “Medal of Honor”. Well, my friend who got me into it was one of my friends from way back then. One of the nicest, kindest people you will ever meet. When he got me setup to play MOH he set me up with the name “Cookieman.” So I was running around in this war game with people named stuff like “Sgt. Stackem, and Devil Dog” and all of the military and evil sounding names and I was running around blowing peoples heads off as “Cookieman!”

I played the game for a while and became very active in the community for about two years. Everyone always wanted to know why I was called “Cookieman.” Eventually I changed it to the Mad Cookieman because it had a ring to it.

So THAT is why I am called “The Mad Cookieman.”

Now wasn’t that fun. :)

Man I sure can ramble sometimes!

All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us.
— Gandalf, J.R.R. Tolkien
I’m Alright
Life Less Ordinary

Aftab is persian for sunshine. I love it (suppose everyone does) and believe that most my days are filled with it.

…what a wonderful world….

I chose Goddess as my alias to honour all women as the Goddesses we are

Like The Mad Cookieman my alias does not have any deep meaning.
When I found this site through googling affirmations I knew I wanted to keep coming back to it and would have to choose a user name, so I looked around me for insiparation and decided on the title of a magazine that was lying around, the 78 was simply the price in pence.

enjoy life!

When I had a corporate job, I always answered my phone the same way, “This Is Bruce”, when yahoo grew up I created my first email account, it was thisisbruce. Now I select that name whenever I can. Consistency is good! Incidentally, I answered the phone This Is Bruce emulating my brother, who also worked for the same company, he always answered This Is Earl. So I guess I’m honoring my big brother!

Blessings,
Bruce-
Each Day Is A New Gift From God!

Mine is mundane. I am Phil because that is my name. I never really caught the online alter ego that others are/were into.

I figure that if someone wants to steal my identity then they really need it more than I do.

Nice 2 meet you Phil. Not so mundane, remember Philip the Great! :-)

Blessings,
Bruce-
Each Day Is A New Gift From God!

coach house = the name of the building we own… oldest building in our town….

love this thread!

Getting to choose our own names/aliases is a powerful freedom.

SelfcareLivingLifeOfEase to me,  is simple and totally in line with my heart place.

Giving myself this name affirms that this authentic place is the only place I want to be. I don't want to go through things I want to grow & flow through things.

It doesn't mean I don't or won't do difficult or hard things.

It doesn't mean I am always right.

It means I am listening to my soul place-doing my best to be in line with what I'm hearing.

It isn't exhausting, though it seems to exhaust all that 'comes up'  from the understanding/being/feeling love  and higher values that feels revealed.

... what I'm needing and desiring is part of me, to the point -it is largely responsible for my ability to flow. To maintain a flow...1 thing that has assisted me is to know why I want to do what I do. When I am believing I Am in line with what I value the most from a heart place, I can feel the reinforcement of the flow I love. It's vital we be in touch with our soul place

our own desires

our own needs

...  we really do know

I AM
Peaceful:
Emotions, Sensations ,
& Feelings

In response to se da luz's post:

I too love your alias meaning!

and those of others here and the thoughts with them!

...many of us change our aliases to suit the energy we love wherever we are to love better

...ourselves, one another, and our experiences

Today is a great day to love myself as never before... so I can love others with the newness of a greater love too!

HAPPY VALENTINES DAY EVERYONE!

I AM
Peaceful:
Emotions, Sensations ,
& Feelings

I choose aliases as one chooses affirmations. And I'm loving the freedom of changing it on this site, though always letting others know its still me(:

My current alias/profile is currently a favorite:

• Selfcare:I Like Right Now♡˚

It utilizes my basic alias (selfcare) and affirms that I like right now.

It has assisted me in saying in the now, and always helps me to find whatever I can-to like in the this very moment.

It's working for me(:

I AM
Peaceful:
Emotions, Sensations ,
& Feelings

I choose bright knight simply because sometimes you have to become a knight for someone else (like close ones), to protect and to help.
Or you could be your own hero. 

In response to brightknight's post:

nice,one! And welcome to Bmindful, brightknight!

I AM
Peaceful:
Emotions, Sensations ,
& Feelings

I've watched many quality movies/films I suppose I mirror my image of myself 

of a character I admire.

This is my favorite western of Clint's.

High plains drifter

There is a horse from California called Disguysthelimit a play on words the sky is the limit.
yadayadayada

There is a horse from California called Disguysthelimit a play on words the sky is the limit.
yadayadayada

At first it was a variation of the tabloid the national inquirer, then I later said to myself that's sort of

what I am as a person.

Having put my attention on seeking the purpose of this  game of life and sifting through a massive amount of perspectives I suppose I developed a trust in my perception, that is the result of the school I've been attending in my adult life 30years of good grades. In other words I rely on my grounded rational heart and mind to guide me and will listen but ultimately let me have the final say in any and all decisions, with a mind that considers things well. In fact like the saying,

All things considered

Who started this silly thread?

yadayadayada

Jump to Top ^^

To get the most out of the bmindful forum, please sign up or log in!

Related Content