login to bmindful Sign up for your FREE bmindful account!

To get the most out of the bmindful forum, please sign up or log in!

★Old Thread -For Your New Feedback re: Bmindful Features, etc

•  ★Old Thread -For Your New Feedback-not Lee though still an awesome thread!

This thread needed a bit of an update-so I saw this as an opportunity to leave more space for you. By now you must have gathered You are the community… .This thread was created by its original owner/creator Lee in 2008(: Lee is a very special person that created a very special site!!! And now we have another wonderful person who brings a wonderful energy with him also… His alias is Bunique (B-unique(: ) You may leave ideas/suggestions here “ or on my profile page AWP (:
(it is much easier to write on site(: )Always love to hear from you!

When you leave them on my page Bunique, of course sees them too(:

•  if you choose: Email Information too
      (if you are a Premium Member you can send a PM
      or another choice(: send a regular email: bunique’s email [email protected] or selfcare’s email [email protected] )

best to you all!!!

• _________________________________________________
    • ~

• ~
    Below is the thread Lee created in 2008
  • ~

The main reason this thread exists is for the community to report bugs or problems with this software. This forum had to be custom coded so it integrated into the bmindful web site and a side effect of this is that it isn’t as well tested as some of the more mature forum software is.

Preempting that this thread will be full of feature requests I’ve created a list of features that I am going to get onto as soon as I’ve got the time. This list is as follows:

• Private Messages
  • Online Buddies System
  • Forum Search
  • Signatures

Please feel free to add your thoughts on these functions. I’ll get around to them as soon as I can but the order in which I do them is entirely up to you. If there’s a feature that you think should be included but isn’t, please also let me know. There are no guarantees but I will seriously consider all suggestions.

“How easy it is in our life, to miss what’s being offered.” — Paul Haller

Well Lee, what an experience this has been so far. I am loving it and I haven’t finished reading all the headings yet. I have posted a few comments of my own and am enjoying reading other people’s comments. I was going to bed and came in to turn the computer off and then got your email so that took me to the site and now it’s 10.30pm, one hour later and I am still here. Well done, I am looking forward to reading the rest of it on another day

Thanks goddess! :)

Favorite threads has been implemented. This is a useful little feature that allows you to mark a thread as favorite (on the thread information navigation on the right hand side of any thread) you can also “unfavorite” a thread in the same way.

You can then keep track of only your favorite threads by clicking “Favorite Threads” on the right hand menu.

Private Messaging is done! Click on the little envelope on to the right of a post to private message that poster.

You’ll need to be logged in to do this, and only upgraded members can initiate private message conversations.

I’ll integrate this feature into the rest of the site shortly.

how about a Referal system that allows people to accrue referal points for every friend they get to sign up to the site, when the new person signs up they just put the username of the person that got them to sign up and then that person gets a point, i know alot of the big forums use this type of system

se da luz, I love the referral idea! Definitely something I’m looking into!

I’ve just set up a custom Google search. It’s not the best solution, but it’s one that I could implement immediately so I figured it was better than nothing for now :)

It opens in a new window so you don’t forget where you are. Let me know your thoughts!

Well Lee, I was not sure where to write this, but having not had my computer for 10 days and then a month before that for at least 2 weeks, I haven’t done much on this site. Boy have I made up for lost time. I started on page one and posted a comment to all the threads on the list!!! then I saw there was more than one page and at 11.30pm decided to call it a night. Is this some sort of record!!! I love this site, and was very frustrated when I couldn’t get into it, hence the email.
Thank you so much for all your work, it’s a wonderful place to be

Just letting everyone know that premium members now have signatures :)

Hi Laurie,

Click on the Your Preferences link at the top of the sidebar and just fill in the form :)

It’s limited to 255 characters to keep things neat and tidy, but other than that it’s up to you what you put in there :)

Just to clarify, your ‘signature’ is the small gray text that will be shown at the bottom of every single one of your posts.

It could be used for anything, your current focus, your thought of the day/week/month, a link to your home page or your favorite thread, anything really! So long as it fits in 255 characters :)

I am using it to link to my Twitter account, Mel is using one of her favorite quotes and linking it to the book where the quote came from (It’s actually the title of the book!)

How hard would it be to integrate live chat into the site?

All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us.
— Gandalf, J.R.R. Tolkien
I’m Alright
Life Less Ordinary

I’ve considered a live chat, it’s a frequent suggestion. It would have to be a facebook style chat because there’s usually very few logged in users on at any one time, and it would be fairly unlikely for all of them to be on the chat page at any one time.

I’m also scared that it would discourage people from posting in the forum. It’s hard enough getting most users to post on the forums as it is :)

I can see your point!

I’m Alright
Life Less Ordinary

Avatars have been enabled for premium members!

In response to Lee Nutter’s post:

Testing out the signature:The signature is the same size as the rest of the text. Did you say or want it to smaller?

I AM
Peaceful:
Emotions, Sensations ,
& Feelings

Hi laurie, that will fix itself. it’s just your browser saving things locally to make things load quicker.

If you hold shift and press refresh you can force it to update :)

Question: How do you classify a thread into affirmations related or cafe? Thanks.

I AM
Peaceful:
Emotions, Sensations ,
& Feelings

Lee,

As a developer of sorts I don’t know how you’d implement this, but as I read se da luz’s post: and I thought it’d be neat if I could see my family tree.

People with whom I’ve corresponded, people who I’ve referred, people I’ve asked to play with us, etc.

How about a reminder,
“Hey Lee, you haven’t seen/heard from Bruce in a few weeks, why not send him a PM?”

Blessings,
Bruce-
Each Day Is A New Gift From God!

Ive just upgraded my account but dont know how to get a signature or avatar how do I get them?

enjoy life!

In response to laurie’s post:
When creating a thread, you select it’s category by clicking the drop down box that’s to the right of the thread title.

In response to ThisIsBruce’s post:
Hi Bruce, thanks for your suggestion! Whilst it’s not exactly as you suggested, I am working on a way of ‘nudging’ people that haven’t been online in a while. It’s not exactly what you’re talking about but hopefully this will encourage people to stay in touch a little more!

In response to best78’s post:
I should really put that in the welcome email!

To change your avatar and signature, click the Your Preferences link at the top right of any of the forum pages.

Hi, everyone! I’m Julie and i’m 24. (not that age matters) I’m sure everyone has been swelled with excitement after having found this site.
I look forward to reading everyone’s comments for helpful tips. I saw Lee’s recommendation on the Ririan Project-Immediately Boost Your Confidence With These 22 Quick and Easy Tips. A suggestion i can make is that user’s should be able to organize their affirmations by catagory.
All the best!- Jules, Eastern Canada

Hello Jules,

I love your suggestion! What currently exists is affirmation quick search, when you become premium member! It’s a tremendous addition!

You choose a category and all affirmations from bmindful members that apply will come up. The list is bold and wonderful looking! From the list you can select more affirmations for the list you’ve already created!

I too would like to be able to categorize my current list; I must have almost 1000 affirmations (smiles). Though for me, instead of categorize, I’d simply like to move them around in an order that fits where I’m at that day.

Jules, you’re going to love the quick search and all of the features at bmindful! Welcome to the site and may the best of the best of everything keep coming your way!

Your bmindful buddy, Laurie

I AM
Peaceful:
Emotions, Sensations ,
& Feelings

“Though for me, instead of categorize, I’d simply like to move them around in an order that fits where I’m at that day.”-Laurie

Hi, Laurie!

I think your suggestion is brilliant. Thanks for the tips and the warm welcome!

Warm wishes, Jules x

Hi Lee,
is it possible to recieve an email notification if someone has responded to one of my comments? If so, how?
Thanks a million,
Afi

…what a wonderful world….

Love how written names have been replaced by symbols and avatars!

enjoy life!

:) Glad you like it! :)

I hope to soon have a hover menu for the avatars too so it’s easier to tell none-premium members apart. Got a few other things to get happening first though :)

One thing I noticed. My friends used to show up with their bemindful name, now though I am only seeing avatars. If I want to contact someone it makes it harder to find the right person because the “name” isn’t under the avatar.

I’m Alright
Life Less Ordinary

nevermind, I spoke too soon, I see that if you hold the mouse over the avatar, the name shows up.

I’m Alright
Life Less Ordinary

Lee,
As/when you redesign, I’d love a link at the bottom of a thread to take me to the top! (or to http://bmindful.com/forum)

Blessings,
Bruce-
Each Day Is A New Gift From God!

Hey Lee,
I was working on another thread and had an Idea. There are lots of classic books and essays out there on the net that are out of copywrite and therefore completely free. We could link the BeMindful like ones to the site. People like Emerson and Thoreau come to mind.

Full Books
Bibliomania
Project Gutenberg
Here are some links and there are probably more.

Just an idea.

I’m Alright
Life Less Ordinary

Hello Lee~ Where are you these days? I haven’t seen you post lately. You are missed!!

I am living in many dimensions at once; the appearance of being trapped in time and space is only an illusion.

HI I hope this is correct for the free update on my profile.This is what I noticed a gray small banner pops up on the bottom right side of the screen and it reads “next thread: and click for recent activity. You click on that and it takes you right into the thread so you can post or reply.also noticed different the scrolling on top on who created and posted.Then there’s the lay out of recent activity the discussions affirmation tags and useres.There’s also the face book area etc… And the search the web/Google custom search.That’s what I noticed new and some the design or lay out is new or different.Which I must say I like it alot.Thanks! I Affirm positive that I get the “Free” update on my profile! :)Be well!

HI Lee :) ! I was wondering if possible that the site have a Delete inbox and sent messagse option please. Or does it have one already?

Kindest regards
Dee :) xxx

“Happiness is a perfume you cannot pour on others without getting a few drops on yourself.” ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson

HI there, I was wondering if there was a way to delete sent messages please? id like to clear up all my mesages which I have done in private messages thought cant find a delete button to remove sent messages. Kindest regards

“Happiness is a perfume you cannot pour on others without getting a few drops on yourself.” ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson

In response to Pure Essence’s post:
Hi PureEssence from 2008!!!(:
There actually is a delete button now(:
Are you able to see anything that says: Delete This Message ?

Bunique created it for us…Let us know if you see the link near your messages.

Thanks for inquiring(: I know someone else found a glitch w/it and you just reminded me to share that(:
Always good to hear from you! Happy New Year!!!
much love , selfcare(aka AWP) (:
PS drop me a PM(:

My definition of greatness

is to be greater than your environment,

to be greater than your body,

and to be greater than time.

And if you do, you will be great.

I mean, that’s it!” – Dr. Joe Dispenza

Jump to Top ^^

To get the most out of the bmindful forum, please sign up or log in!

Related Content