login to bmindful Sign up for your FREE bmindful account!

To get the most out of the bmindful forum, please sign up or log in!

★WHAT IS MONEY?

Money as we call it are electrons spinning around at a high vibrational rate given value in accordance with the belief system we happen to be following at any given time.
It would be good to see what others feel about this subject”

URBAN YOGI

Rama Dass
Teacher of Power Meditation

Money is only as important as you make it.

Money is a great persuader.

maybe but what is it actually?

Rama Dass

“which is connected to every other idea’‘

Rama Dass

quantum entanglement

Rama Dass

money is one of many ways of exchange .We swap money for things in shops,for someones time if they do work for us ,for someones skill and talents ,for our utilities- gas ,water,electric .

in the same way we can recieve money for things we do ,as gifts .

It is one of many things in our lives that can be used wisely with gratitude or used in self harming ways .

There are other ways we can do some things without money ,heres an imaginary example of swapping things – i could crochet a blanket for you with a bag full of wool someone gave me for babysitting ,and you give me a big box of apples from your trees ,then i make pies and give them away in exchange for other things .

love flowergirl

very nice flowergirl
your heart is in the right place
Love’‘

Rama Dass

aw thanks UY ,after all its only bits of paper and metal isnt it ,its what we do with it that makes the difference .love flowergirl

Hi Flower Girl
your so right .You have a very nice way of putting things:
Are you in Australia?
Have an awsome day
Love Urban yogi”

Rama Dass

hi Urban Yogi ,thanks for your kind words .No i live in England a long way from Australia ,love flowergirl

Even better lol”
Australia is tooo hot”

Lovex

Rama Dass

Hope for it
Dream of it
Work for it
Gamble it
Win it
Give it
Share it
Spend it
Save it
Burn it

Money is to gain or to lose.
It is an ebb and flow
a waning and waxing
a need
a desire
an enemy
a helpmate

It fulfills and disappoints.
Money is an element of life.

you all have such good insight… how about money being a vibration that we can attract or not depending on our own vibrational level….

This is a great question which has never entered my mind. All I know is I need it to survive. What I see is that it is a way to barter. Yet some people will kill, cheat and lie to get it. Others work so hard and miss their families and life in doing so. Others use it as a way to put others down when in the long run we are all going down the same road.

Whereas if we all would help one and other we would have happier lives and bring about paradise in our world. Then we wouldn’t need money.

Blessings to all,

Mary

In response to Urban Yogi’s post:

Recently a friend has become ill. His primary concern is that he does not have enough money to survive. He has more money than most people. Yet his money is not bringing him happiness.

He sadly lost the family he lived with all his life almost within two years of each other because of illnesses and old age.
The shock has taken a toll on him. He is a charitable and knowledgeable person. I see the fear in his face of the thought that he will be homeless yet it’s just a thought.

He sees that I have a minimal amount of things in my life and feels I have a better life but will not let go of his material things.I explined that the universe will provide what we need if we can only relax about trying to hold on to things to tight especially material things.

I cannot lie I too feel those fears at times because we were trained to think that only money can keep us alive, happy and prosperous. When in reality if money had no worth we would need something else that has value to keep us alive. This has been a real eye opener for me to be grateful for the little I have because in reality it is alot.

Peace,
Mary

Money is simply an exchange medium. It is an index of material value. A means through which we evaluate the price of a material object.

GOD IS GOOD ALONE

One thing worth noting is that money and capital are different things. A tractor is capital, it is a real asset that can be used to produce something. Money doesn’t really produce anything. It is used to represent capital. When we print tons of money we aren’t really doing anything other than deflating the value of our currency except for when that money is used in a productive way through loans.

Let me ask you something. Was the “cash for clunkers” good for the economy? It did create economic activity, but what did we really do? We destroyed capital. That is a bad thing. Let’s say there is a tailor and a vandal comes by and breaks his window. The window has to be replaced so breaking a window does create economic activity. The window maker gets paid to fix the window. What many people don’t see is the loss to the tailor. He could have made another suit to be sold with the money he had to otherwise spend fixing the window. The overall economy wasn’t helped, it was in fact hurt. We are out the suits that the tailor could have made. Much of what our government does now is based on smashing windows to create the illusion of economic stimulus. We create “jobs” through projects so that people can “see” something being done. Politicians can say “look, I’m creating jobs”, but in reality they harm the overall economy. Unless we really do need a bridge the project harms the economy. You can use tax money to pay a man to dig a hole and then fill it back up again. You can pay a hundred men to dig a hole with spoons and then fill it back up, but you haven’t created anything in the process. When thinking about economics it is always important to look at the big picture. If you narrow your focus and just look at the money the guys digging the ditch earn it is easy to say we have stimulated the economy in a positive way, after all, the guys earned money and they will spend that money. This is bad economics and politicians use bad economics to explain their spending all the time, or at least that is how they sell it to ignorant voters. Some people don’t see the harm we do to one sector (the taxpayer) by benefiting another (the group whose vote they want). You can see a bridge being build. It is visible. You can point at it. You can say look what I did. You can’t see the invisible part of the equation. This is picking winners and losers. Wars stimulate the economy, but they certainly aren’t good for the economy as many people suggest. You may have heard economists use the term “guns or butter”. This is what they are talking about. Politicians love Keynesian economics because it gives them an excuse to spend money they don’t have. They argue that they can “stimulate” the economy by funneling money into a project, what they choose to ignore (or gloss over) is that the money they are using to stimulate the economy comes from the economy in the first place. They take money out of one pocket, shave off some for the government, and then put what is left over back into the economy. All they have done in reality is increase the size of government and reduced the size of the private sector, the very sector that actually pays for EVERYTHING. They have in fact shrunk the economy in real terms. It is gotten so bad that they are borrowing money from other countries to perpetuate the system and put off the inevitable correction that must come. If we don’t turn the ship around it will eventually fall of the edge of the world. All the money that has been used to prop up the real estate market is simply a destruction of capital on a massive scale. It is like throwing money on a camp fire to keep the fire going. Keynesian economics creates boom and bust cycles. It is what happened in the housing market. Values are artificially inflated and there is an inevitable bust. A correction. All that tarp did in reality was to postpone the correction. What is worse is that they robbed the taxpayer (not just the super rich, we are talking about everyone and your children and grandchildren) to bail out the people who created the mess in the first place, which includes politicians and special interest groups. It also includes the federal reserve itself which is actually the root of the whole problem. Politicians can burn money, but they can’t create it. They can print money, but they can’t print capital. Many people think that the FED is some kind of government agency. It isn’t. It is a private banking cartel that makes money from deficit spending. In a very real way the American people are slaves to the federal reserve. This may sound like some kind of “out there crack pot” stuff, but I assure you it isn’t and I encourage you to do a little research on your own about the fed and how it works. The fed was created by a handful of corrupt men and sneaky politicians in a very carefully orchestrated way to deceive the public. The fed claims that its purpose is to stabilize the economy. Its real purpose was to eliminate competing banks and centralize power in the hands of a few powerful men. All of this is well documented. I kind of look at it like this: when the economy is growing the fed makes more money on interest and when the economy crashes they can scoop up assets at deep discounts. Either way, the fed makes money. Either way, the taxpayer loses. Either way, the fed benefits from the general public not understanding how it works. They like it that way.

(Wow, all I really wanted to say was that money and capital are different things and it is good to understand the difference.)

Stop Dreaming

All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us.
— Gandalf, J.R.R. Tolkien
I’m Alright
Life Less Ordinary

Money is

Act positively, in the moment, with one eye on tomorrow. Freerace.

Here’s a test! It comes from a guided visualisation I did a few months back.
You’re looking into mirror and in this mirror you can see yourself as a seven year-old. You step into the mirror and take the hand of the seven year-old you. You have one thing to say to the mini you (what is it? ) and the mini you has one thing to say to you (really think about this). Then you have one thing to give the mini you (what is it?) and, in turn, the mini you has one thing to give to you (really think about this). It is important that you do this quietly, slowly, sincerely and with your eyes closed but above all, you must be completely honest with yourself (and to yourself). WARNING!! This may really blow you away and cause some very strong emotional responses so be prepared!! Maybe have a friend with you, I’m not joking; this stuff gets deep. The point is, I will bet my teeth that neither the exchanges, nor the gifts had anything at all to do with money. Why? It’s nothing but what you make it.

Act positively, in the moment, with one eye on tomorrow. Freerace.

In response to freerace’s post:
like that freerace(:

and some very interesting responses on this page….a good thread to respond to the question…What Is Money?

I AM
Peaceful:
Emotions, Sensations ,
& Feelings

Money is quite literally ANYTHING that has value. Currency is a medium of exchange, but, your car is money. Your tools are money. Paper is not money, it is currency. There was a time when the US dollar was redeemable for gold or silver. Not any more. In the US, currency, every single dollar in your pocket or in your bank is actually a debt note. Here is why.

Biggest scam in history of the world

Very few people understand that video. Very few. The more who understand it the better.

The Central Bank was vehemently opposed by many of our Founding Fathers. The Federal Reserve was set up under Woodrow Wilson – the worst president in the history of the US. The federal reserve system is the reason the US now has a $20,000,000,000,000.00 debt and over a hundred trillion in unfunded liabilities. That is greater than the GDP of the entire planet in any single year. When the US went off of the gold standard (thanks to tricky Dick) the debt exploded even more.

All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us.
— Gandalf, J.R.R. Tolkien
I’m Alright
Life Less Ordinary

Jump to Top ^^

To get the most out of the bmindful forum, please sign up or log in!

Related Content