login to bmindful Sign up for your FREE bmindful account!

To get the most out of the bmindful forum, please sign up or log in!

★religion and affirmations

hello all…I am new here. I recently have been reading Louise Hay’s book You Can Heal Your Life and this book has really helped me, along with her affirmation cd’s. Has anyone read her stuff and what was your experience? I know that she believed in the law of attraction and I just am confused. I have always been a christian but never felt as good as I do now by reading this book. I finally feel free!!! I feel like I love me! it feels so good. My life is so much more joyful. I am just worried that God is mad at me because this new age stuff doesnt go with christianity. Does anyone have any insight here for me because I would really appreciate it. Thanks so much.

hi Living free ,love your name and welcome .
I know what you mean ,i have always been church of england and loved the villiage church were i grew up,sung in the choir, joined girl guides,youth club and felt a part of a christian comunity .Over the years i have been in R C ,methodist ,born again christian ,churches but never found that same sense of being in the right place .
I have loved Louise Hay for years as well as Doreen Virtue ,Wayne Dyer , and also budhism,Hare Krishna ,paganism,wicca and have ended up with a personal mixture
My beliefs are ;

respect all life
dont harm anyone
be kind
try to make the world a better place even in any way you can
be open to new ideas
be gratefull om a member of Greenpeace ,vegetarain,peace loving, earth mother ,hippie ( my sons description ) I have been reading about a british group called the Foundation For Holistic Spiritualiy which suggests putting holistic as a religion in the nexr census ,i love that as it decsribes my beliefs and how i try to live my life

You know what fels right for you ,dont let others opinions change what you feel makes your heart sing .I dont discuss this with some freinds especially one who sees spiriualiy as devil worship ,but am learning to listen to my heart as David says above .
I think some folks think of abundance as greed but i look at it thaat any gifts we recieve we can help others more .Louise Hay is a guiding light .
Take care and believe in yourself and your choices ,love flowergirl

Hi all,

I feel the same way you do Living Free… Since I have learned about affirmations I also feel so free and I find that Christianity backs up what the so called “new age movement” preaches…. my struggle is with Jesus and who was He really…. I want to find my old copy of the Gospel of Thomas which talks about Jesus in a totally different way from what we are used to hearing from the the so called main line churches…. Keep searching and keep growing Living Free…. You hvae come to a great place…

Kathy

PS… I want to be able to embrace the Holy Trinity the way David has….

In response to Living free’s post:
I feel religion is a very personal thing..and the relationship you have to God is personal.

I believe you will know in your heart when your search becomes acceptable to you..because having answers is not something anyone can tell us..they can only point a direction that may or may not be our direction. And then walking a walk and experiencing what we feel are essential to being is something that only we will know.

No matter what your religion/beliefs are: pray with a sincere heart. Let go with sincere faith. And walk the talk that you hear in your Spirit. Just believe you are right where you are supposed to be..so you can be present.
Much love, Laurie

I AM
Peaceful:
Emotions, Sensations ,
& Feelings

I agree with you, laurie… even tho I still have questions I know I am right where I am supposed to be… thanks for reminding all of us about that…

K

Heres a good book if you would like to step up to a new level of understanding’
I wont say anything more about it’Ill let you decide lol’‘’
Enjoy;
Urban yogi”
paste into your browser

http://www.amazon.com/God-New-Physics-Paul-Davies/dp/0671528068

Rama Dass
Teacher of Power Meditation

I thank my Creator for continuously giving me ideal pathways.

My definition of greatness

is to be greater than your environment,

to be greater than your body,

and to be greater than time.

And if you do, you will be great.

I mean, that’s it!” – Dr. Joe Dispenza

Jump to Top ^^

To get the most out of the bmindful forum, please sign up or log in!

Related Content