login to bmindful Sign up for your FREE bmindful account!

To get the most out of the bmindful forum, please sign up or log in!

★˚ Bruce Springsteen Music Admirer

POST 1-thread soon to be updated

thru the years

• ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Bono inducts Bruce into Hall of Fame in 1999
    Shorter version…if you must(:
    Bruce’s speech
    This thread is devoted to Springsteen music before he was with E Street band and through Early E Street and some of today ..It will take awhile, but I will do my best to get it together(: I will be taking songs off to replace for better versions..so keep checking back if you like
    I will also be finding songs for the ones that “mysteriously” get removed…(Sony removed a lot of good stuff)

For true fans..hearing the same songs at during different years will be great! Variation is something

Hope there are many other Bruce fans. As much as I like to enjoy myself, I do love the pleasure of others being happy too(:

Part 2

• ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
  • ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    OCTOBER 27, 1975
    ROCK’S NEW SENSATION
  • ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    THE FUTURE

“1973“POSTCARD FROM ASBURY PARK

Hammersmith

~

I AM
Peaceful:
Emotions, Sensations ,
& Feelings

POST 2

Some Bruce Channels
Ms Bruce Juice

Blasts From The Past
How cool it is to listen to a Bruce album.
10th Avenue Freeze out 33
Born to Run on LP

I AM
Peaceful:
Emotions, Sensations ,
& Feelings

POST 3

Check this out, all of Springsteen’s groups and how they evolved before 1970 to now

Another side of Bruce you may not have heard – a little harder rock n roll
Part 1 of The Wind and The Rain- Bruce’s group was called The Steel Mill

Part 2 of the Wind and Rain – Bruce’s group was called The Steel Mill

Bruce in 1971 and Southside Johnny on the harmonica

New York City Serenade
Something You Got

Thundercrack
Spirit In the Night
Spirit in the Night Bruce in LA
Rosalita
Wilson Picket’s 634-5789
Lost In The Flood

You Mean So Much To Me
Kitty’s Back

Blinded By The Light audio-fair song very good

Born To Run alternate version with words

Springsteen 1974 Incident on 57th street
1974 Jungleland

1974 Does this bus stop on 82nd street
1974 Kitty’s Back in Town

Rosalita
More Rosalita
Cupid

E Street Shuffle old only 1 part
—————
1974 songs to review
Springsteen 1974 Incident on 57th street
1974 Jungleland

1974 Does this bus stop on 82nd street
1974 Kitty’s Back in Town
Back Streets -London
ThunderRoad -London

*10th Avenue Freeze Out- London Born to Run London

Funk Song -Instrumental
Kitty’s back 1975
part 2 Kitty’s back
Springsteen Born to Run at a college performance 1975
ThunderRoad 1975 cleaner version
Same song 2009
Spirit In the Night
For You 1975
Slower version of 10th avenue Freeze Out-nice
another Slower version of 10th avenue Freeze Out- also nice
10th Avenue Freeze Out live at the Roxy
10th Ave Freeze Out..slower but quite good
Incident on 57th Street
Jungleland
Backstreets
Born To Run
Born To Run great
Born To Run bl-version
Mountain of Love
Mountain of Love-better version

1975 songs to review
Kitty’s back 1975
part 2 Kitty’s back
Springsteen Born to Run at a college performance 1975
Spirit In the Night
For You 1975

I AM
Peaceful:
Emotions, Sensations ,
& Feelings

POST 4

Fine Fine Girl
10th Ave Freeze Out
Thunder Road Live

I AM
Peaceful:
Emotions, Sensations ,
& Feelings

POST 5

Higher and Higher
It’s My Life
The Promise
Action In the Streets

I AM
Peaceful:
Emotions, Sensations ,
& Feelings

POST 6

1979 No Nukes Concert

Who’ll Stop the Rain
Born To Run
Born to Run

Summer on Signal Hill
Sweet Soul Music
BackStreets
Born to Run in Paris

Boom Boom Boom
Twist & Shout
Boom Boom Boom
Rock n Roll Hall of Fame Bruce and Sam Moore singing Hold On
Bruce with John Fogerty Fortunate Son

I AM
Peaceful:
Emotions, Sensations ,
& Feelings

POST 7

If I Should Fall Behind
All I Needed Was You Bruce and Southside Johnny

Born To Run

Talk to Me Bruce and Southside Johnny

Wilson Picket’s 634-5789

Seaside Bar song
Rosalita with Gonna Fla Now Intro
He turned 60,1st press conference since 1987, played at Super Bowl

Passion at turning 60

Bruce with kid-Fans

Bruce and His Mom
Bruce dancing with his Mom

Clarence Clemons

solo at 70 years of age

more Clarence -Jungleland

Hugh Downs 20/20 is a Bruce fan part 1
Hugh Downs 20/20 Part 2
Hugh Downs 20/20 part 3

more recent video Jimmy Fallon Interview w/Bruce

Bruce and U2

Bruce and Billy Joel

Bruce with Mara singing Raise Your Hand in 2003

lyrics

Rosalita
Lyrics: Spread out now Rosie doctor come cut loose her mama’s reins
You know playin’ blind man’s bluff is a little baby’s game
You pick up Little Dynamite, I’m gonna pick up Little Gun
And together we’re gonna go out tonight and make that highway run
You don’t have to call me lieutenant Rosie and I don’t wanna be your son
The only lover I’m ever gonna need’s your soft sweet little girl’s tongue
Ah Rosie you’re the one

Dynamite’s in the belfry baby playin’ with the bats
Little Gun’s downtown in front of Woolworth’s tryin’ out his attitude on all the cats
Papa’s on the corner waitin’ for the bus
Mama she’s home in the window waitin’ up for us
She’ll be there in that chair when they wrestle her upstairs ‘cause you know we ain’t gonna come
I ain’t here on business baby, I’m only here for fun
And Rosie you’re the one

Rosalita jump a little lighter
Senorita come sit by my fire
I just want to be your lover ain’t no liar
Rosalita you’re my stone desire

Jack the Rabbit and Weak Knees Willie you know they’re gonna be there
Ah sloppy Sue and Big Bones Billie they’ll be comin’ up for air
We’re gonna play some pool, skip some school, act real cool
Stay out all night it’s gonna feel alright
So Rosie come out tonight, Oh baby come out tonight
Windows are for cheaters, chimneys for the poor
Oh closets are for hangers, winners use the door
So use it Rosie, that’s what its there for

Alright

Now I know your mama she don’t like me ‘cause I play in a rock and roll band
And I know your daddy he don’t dig me but he never did understand
Your papa lowered the boom he locked you in your room
I’m comin’ to lend a hand
I’m comin’ to liberate you, confiscate you, I want to be your man
Someday we’ll look back on this and it will all seem funny
But now you’re sad, your mama’s mad
And your papa says he knows that I don’t have any money
Oh your papa says he knows that I don’t have any money
Oh so your daddy says he knows that I don’t have any money
(Oh your papa says he knows that I don’t have any money)

Tell him this is last chance to get his daughter in a fine romance
Because a record company Rosie just gave me a big advance
And my tires were slashed and I almost crashed but the Lord had mercy
And my machine she’s a dud out stuck in the mud somewhere in the swamps of Jersey
Well hold on tight, stay up all night ‘cause Rosie I’m comin’ on strong
By the time we meet the morning light I will hold you in my arms
I know a pretty little place in Southern California down San Diego way
There’s a little cafe where they play guitars all night and day
You can hear them in the back room strummin’
So hold tight baby ‘cause don’t you know daddy’s comin’
Ahhhh…

Ohh yeah yeah yeah…
ho ho ho ho ho…

Album: The Wild, the Innocent, & the E Street Shuffle

I AM
Peaceful:
Emotions, Sensations ,
& Feelings

POST 8

Rock and Roll Awards Hall of Fame

Many removed, here’s one that wasn’t from Hall of Fame-I’ll find more from event

I AM
Peaceful:
Emotions, Sensations ,
& Feelings

POST 9
Springsteen Wild Innocent and the E Street Band
The album was placed at number 132 on Rolling Stone Magazine’s list of The 500 Greatest Albums Of All Time

Tracklisting / Writing Credits

1.The E Street Shuffle 0:00
(Springsteen)

2.Fourth Of July, Asbury Park (Sandy) 4:32
(Springsteen)

3.Kitty’s Back 10:08
(Springsteen)

4.Wild Billy’s Circus Show 17:18
(Springsteen)

5.Incident On 57th Street 22:05
(Springsteen)

6.Rosalita (Come Out Tonight) 29:51
(Springsteen)

7.New York City Serenade 36:55
(Springsteen)

• ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Springsteen Born to Run full album
    his is Bruce Springsteen’s third album released in 1975 to unanimous aclaim from critics this would be the album that would launch Springsteen’s career, it is often cited as his Magnum Opus and rightfuly so, the album was different then his first two he began to develop a more potent type of rock, Springsteen’s signiture sound is first herd on this album as well. The album itself has a nostalgic theme to it with songs like “Thunder Road” and “Born To Run” directly puting you back to a time when life was great and you hadent quite reached adulthood yet, not a worry in the world, at least that’s what it acheives for me this is one of my favirotes of all time, each song has a memory, and it always brings me back to a time when life was so much easier.

The album was placed at number 18 on Rolling Stone Magazine’s list of The 500 Greatest Albums Of All Time

1.Thunder Road
(Springsteen)

2.Tenth Avenue Freeze Out
(Springsteen)

3.Night
(Springsteen)

4.Backstreets
(Springsteen)

5.Born To Run
(Springsteen)

6.She’s The One

7.Meeting Across The River
(Springsteen)

8.Jungleland
(Springsteen)

1.Blinded By The Light 0:00
(Springsteen)

2. Growin’ Up 5:05
(Springsteen)

3.Mary Queen Of Arkansas 8:10
(Springsteen)

4.Does This Bus Stop At 82nd Street? 13:32
(Springsteen)

5.Lost In The Flood 15:36
(Springsteen)

6.The Angel 20:55
(Springsteen)

7.For You 24:20
(Springsteen)

8.Spirit In The Night 29:00
(Springsteen)

9.It’s Hard To Be a Saint In The City 34:00
(Springsteen

Clarence
Wikipedia and Clarence
How Clarence met Bruce
Clarence’s view on playing with Bruce
Clarence talks about his health
Clarence talks about the end of the E Street Band
Clarence on Letterman
Jackson Browne and Clarence-You’re a Friend of Mine
——————-
1993 Guest appearance from Clarence after 5 years being away from E street band 10th ave

Clarence’s solo with Jungleland
Jungleland

I AM
Peaceful:
Emotions, Sensations ,
& Feelings

POST 10

I’m organizing another music thread..

This is just a temporary holding place for the following songs…until I sort them out.
I’m doing a lot of sorting in this post..Be patient with me..I’ll be back*

BRUCE SPRINGSTEEN*
Most of the songs I had here are gone ..so here’s some to get this party started:
Higher & Higher

ThunderRoad 1975 cleaner version
Same song 2009

Rosalita
Rosalita Part 2 1978
Rosalita
More Rosalita
Rosalita part 2
Rosalita
More Springsteen

This is the year I was introduced to Bruce-1975 A song called Thundercrack around 1975 or before

Great exercise music(:

Same song as a much older Bruce
6. BackStreets
7. Kitty’s Back part 1
8. Kitty’s Back part 2 great sax w/the band’s legendary Clarence Clemons and great overall jam session:

——————————————

9. Jungleland
Another Jungleland
10. Rosalita

Agora Ballroom went missing…though here is an entire concert
Part 1 Rosalita 1978 Agora Ballroom missing video
Part 2 Rosalita missing video
More Rosie part 1
Rosie Part 2
11. Prove It All Night intro

To enjoy Bruce when you’re not at one of his concerts, listen to a whole song. This type of music isn’t around anymore. Experience it.
When I first listened (before seeing him), I couldn’t see the large attraction. His music was a party. When I began moving around on my own, Bruce’s music accompanied me, and life remained a party inside whereever I was.

I AM
Peaceful:
Emotions, Sensations ,
& Feelings

POST 11
Clarence
Clarence-Thread
tribute to Clarence
——————————-

Thinking back to early Bruce … RIP Clarence 7:00pm Saturday, June 18, 2011 Clarence passed

He was the spirit of the E Street Band, and the oaken staff that Bruce Springsteen leaned on.
Clarence Clemons — the Big Man with the big horn — died yesterday of complications from a stroke he suffered last weekend. He was 69.
“Clarence lived a wonderful life,” Bruce Springsteen said in a statement last night. “He carried within him a love of people that made them love him. He created a wondrous and extended family. He loved the saxophone, loved our fans and gave everything he had every night he stepped on stage.”
News of Clemons’ death was first reported last night on nj.com, The Star-Ledger’s real-time news website.
“He was the kahuna of surf and soul and a man that had love in his heart and, always, a smile on his face. He was my brother — my musical brother,” said original E Street Band drummer Vini “Mad Dog” Lopez.
Lopez last saw Clemons when he guested at an E Street Band show in Philadelphia, in 2009. “I was in the dressing room with him, and we were laughing and talking about golfing,” said Lopez.
There have been many charismatic figures in the E Street Band, but none had the personal gravity of Clemons, the group’s Bunyanesque saxophonist.
Springsteen himself acknowledged this, always introducing Clemons last at concerts. It’s Clemons’ big shoulder that Springsteen was looking over lovingly on the famous cover of his “Born to Run” album. As his bandleader beamed at him, Clemons, black-hatted and bold, turned toward the camera and blew his sax.
Clemons seemed to be a character out of a storybook — or better yet, a widescreen movie about the triumph of a romantic gang of rock ’n’ roll renegades. Wildly popular among fans of the E Street Band, he was the sort of larger-than-life figure to whom legends accrued. Recognizing this, Clemons and Springsteen did much to play up those legends: “Big Man: Real Life and Tall Tales,” Clemons’ 2009 autobiography written with Don Reo, combined genuine reflections with fiction in an attempt to capture the mythical quality of the musician.
Springsteen’s oft-told story of his initial meeting with Clemons felt biblical: With a lightning storm raging outside, the Big Man tore the door off an Asbury Park club, strode onstage, and made magic. (Springsteen would later immortalize this meeting in “Tenth Avenue Freeze-Out,” a song on “Born to Run.”)
Was this embellished? Most likely. But reality never seemed quite big enough to accommodate Clemons.
“Mere facts,” wrote Springsteen in the preface to Clemons’ book, “will never plumb the mysteries of the Big Man.”
MINISTER’S SON
Born in Norfolk, Va., Clemons was the son of a Baptist minister who had no love for raucous rock ’n’ roll. But at the age of 9, his family gave young Clarence an alto saxophone — and soon he discovered his lung power was formidable.

Enlarge Star-Ledger Entertainment Desk
Clarence Clemons poses for a photo during an interview Jan. 29, 2003, at his Singer Island, Fla. home. (AP Photo/Hillery Smith Garrison)
Clarence Clemons: ‘The Big Man’ Through the Years gallery (11 photos)

By young adulthood, he excelled at music and athletics and earned a football scholarship to the University of Maryland Eastern Shore. Injuries suffered in a car accident prevented the young lineman from trying out for the Cleveland Browns. From then on, Clemons dedicated himself to his horn.
Clemons called his instrument “a vehicle to move my spirit around.”
“I don’t think it’s only my saxophone,” Clemons told All Access Magazine in 2008, “it’s who I am. My spiritual guide … told me that my purpose in life was to bring joy into the world. He didn’t know about my music, he didn’t know who I was. He saw my heart, he saw my soul, and he saw my determination for this life.”
On the tenor saxophone, Clemons developed a style that was considerably more than the sum of his influences: party-ready King Curtis, brassy Junior Walker, skronking Earl Bostic. Clemons could be tough, raspy and percussive, but as a carrier of melody, his shoulders were broad.
After playing with a number of Asbury Park outfits in the early ’70s, Clemons joined the as-yet-unnamed E Street Band in 1972. Along with bassist Garry Tallent, Lopez, organist Danny Federici, pianist Dave Sancious and Springsteen himself, Clemons was an original member of the group.
He was also the oldest, and it’s no exaggeration to suggest he was often treated as the in-house big brother. His saxophone became a pillar of the E Street sound, and helped anchor Springsteen’s storytelling in blues, jazz and gospel traditions.
“That night we first stood together,” said Springsteen of Clemons during his Rock and Roll Hall of Fame induction speech in 1999, “I looked over at C and it looked like his head reached into the clouds. And I felt like a mere mortal scurrying upon the earth, you know. But he always lifted me up. Way, way, way up. Together we told a story of the possibilities of friendship, a story older than the ones that I was writing and a story I could never have told without him at my side.”
BEAUTY AND DRAMA
Clemons’ solos on songs like “Jungleland” and “Born to Run” were quintessential rock ’n’ roll sax rides — things of beauty and drama unmatched by efforts of thousands of imitators. But Clemons also took his support role seriously. On “Spirit in the Night,” his graceful passages were part of a thick tapestry of sound. On “Hungry Heart,” the E Street Band’s first Top 10 hit, his baritone sax tugged at the bottom of the track like taffy on the sole of a sneaker.

Bruce Springsteen performs Out in the Street
Bruce Springsteen performs Out in the Street on 7/28/08 at Giants Stadium.
Watch video
That wasn’t the only time Clemons swapped his trademark tenor for a baritone. In the early ’70s, he kept another tool in his shed: a lilting soprano saxophone; on more recent tours, he covered the top end with a pennywhistle. Reeds weren’t all he did — with the E Street Band, Clemons also proved himself an able percussionist and an enthusiastic backing vocalist, too.
With his instantly identifiable tone and passion for all varieties of popular music, Clemons was often in demand as a session musician. When E Street activities slowed in the ’80s and ’90s, Clemons had no difficulty finding work. He played on scores of records, including Aretha Franklin’s “Who’s Zooming Who,” Twisted Sister’s “Come Out and Play” and Roy Orbison’s comeback “King of Hearts.” In 1989, he joined the inaugural version of Ringo Starr’s All-Starr Band, where his charismatic stage presence and playful attitude fit in perfectly.
When Lady Gaga attempted to resurrect the glory of ’80s stadium rock on her recent album “Born This Way,” she called in Clemons.
“The universe is there to give you what you want,” Clemons told All Access about his multifaceted success. “You just need to be there to get it.”
Clemons also released five solo albums under his own name. “Hero,” a 1985 set produced by Narada Michael Walden, gave him a hit duet (with Jackson Browne): “You’re a Friend of Mine,” a song, ironically, about the relationship between Clemons and Springsteen. Even on his solo sets, the sax player could not elude the shadow of the Boss.
For two years, Clemons operated Big Man’s West, a rock venue in Red Bank that became something of a clubhouse for the E Street team and affiliated acts. Springsteen himself appeared at Big Man’s close to 20 times. Although the club closed its doors for good in 1983 for financial reasons, its existence helped revive the Shore sound. Many of the musicians who’d rock the Garden State (and beyond) during the late ’80s took the stage at Big Man’s, including Jon Bon Jovi and John Eddie.
PREVIOUS COVERAGE:

• Clarence Clemons’ vital signs improving after stroke
• Clarence Clemons stroke update
• Report: Clarence Clemons suffered stroke
Stone Pony founder Butch Pielka warned the saxophonist about the perils of running a rock club.
“He offered me some advice in the beginning, like, ‘Get out of the business,’ ” Clemons told The Star-Ledger this year. “My accountant agreed with him: ‘Just consider that you had a party for two and a half years, and invited all your friends, and you picked up the tab.’ That’s what it was like.”
STILL THE BIG MAN
Clemons’ celebrity never quite faded. But in recent years, a series of debilitating ailments kept him out of the limelight. The Big Man was felled by multiple spinal surgeries and knee replacements. Undeterred, he continued to blow from his wheelchair. (“He’s always on time, he’s always in pain,” wrote Don Reo in “Big Man.”)
The musician lived long enough to see “Who Do I Think I Am?,” a documentary about his life, air at the Paramount Theatre in his beloved Asbury Park this April. Hobbled by his health problems, he nevertheless took the stage at the Paramount and answered questions and signed autographs, smiling all the while.
Under the stagelights, surrounded by those who loved him, Clemons was in his element. Pushing 70, he rehabbed hard, hoping for a chance to join the E Street Band on tour in 2012.
He told Rolling Stone magazine in February that as long as he had a mouth, a brain and a pair of hands, he would keep on playing. Nobody who saw Clemons perform would ever have doubted it: his dedication was total. The saxophone was a conduit for his spirit, he assured us, and that spirit was a colossus.
Far beyond the boardwalk of Asbury Park, those big notes will keep echoing.
Staff writer Jay Lustig contributed to this report.

—————————————————————————————————-
Prove it All Night
Jungleland solo
Thunder Road
Clarence alone on Letterman

more

Clarence Clemons dies
Bruce’s statement:
“It is with overwhelming sadness that we inform our friends and fans that at 7:00 tonight, Saturday, June 18, our beloved friend and bandmate, Clarence Clemons passed away. The cause was complications from his stroke of last Sunday, June 12th.

Bruce Springsteen said of Clarence: Clarence lived a wonderful life. He carried within him a love of people that made them love him. He created a wondrous and extended family. He loved the saxophone, loved our fans and gave everything he had every night he stepped on stage. His loss is immeasurable and we are honored and thankful to have known him and had the opportunity to stand beside him for nearly forty years. He was my great friend, my partner, and with Clarence at my side, my band and I were able to tell a story far deeper than those simply contained in our music. His life, his memory, and his love will live on in that story and in our band”

Clarence Clemons’ Best Saxophone Solos: E Street Band Legend Dies At 69

Clarence
interview w/Clarence

I AM
Peaceful:
Emotions, Sensations ,
& Feelings

POST 12

Bruce Covers and Duets

Sweet Soul Music
Boom Boom Boom
Pretty Woman – Bruce and John Fogerty
Stay -1979 Bruce and Jackson Browne
Fortunate Son – Bruce and John Fogerty [recently replaced link]
New York State of Mind -Bruce and Billy Joel

100 more covers
—————————————————————————————

No Nukes

1979 No Nukes Concert
Stay

—————————

for next post

whoops realized I posted this already.

that's ok,

encore!

I AM
Peaceful:
Emotions, Sensations ,
& Feelings

Jump to Top ^^

To get the most out of the bmindful forum, please sign up or log in!

Related Content