login to bmindful Sign up for your FREE bmindful account!

To get the most out of the bmindful forum, please sign up or log in!

★Have you ever had an epiphany?

You’re one of the conscious few.

The simple fact that you belong to a site like bmindful makes this a fairly safe assumption.

Knowing this, I’m going to make one more assumption. That you are conscious enough to reflect on your life and learn from your mistakes. From time to time, you’ll also have epiphanies that are sometimes so profound they alter the course of your life, often in radical ways. But guess what?

You’re still human.

Like all of us, you get caught up in day to day life. Thing’s wont go as planned and you’re usually trying to fit a weeks worth of jobs, chores and other activities into every. single. day.

These reflections and epiphanies are no less significant, but you just haven’t been able to put them into practice yet. When these learnings came to you, you felt something shift in your consciousness. Unfortunately, the challenges of every day life seem to have put you right back where you started.

It would be wonderful if you only had to make these shifts once. Unfortunately, it’s fact of life is that applying these epiphanies is a daily business. An hourly business. A moment to moment business.

And to do this, we all need support.

It might be a word of encouragement from time to time. It might be that you need a little help disciplining yourself. It might be that you need reminding of the very reason this realization inspired you in the first place.

This support might come from yourself. If you’re disciplined enough you can use affirmations to reaffirm the significance of an action, to rekindle your inspiration and desire to change, to keep yourself motivated when the whole world seems to be discouraging the very change you’re trying to make.

Irrespective of your thoughts on affirmations or how effective they have been for you in the past, there is a place outside of yourself where you can go to get this support.

Other people.

The problem is that not everyone has an adequately supportive network of people around them and even if they do, there’s always room for more good people. That’s where the bmindful forum is useful.

See, even with all the encouragement in the world, you’re still human. You’ll still forget sometimes. You’re inner skeptic will still nag from time to time. Situation and circumstance will still win out every once in a while.

But the bmindful forum is there for you. It’s there is there to remind you that you’ll have another opportunity to deepen and ripen your vow to change. To offer a warm word of encouragement. To let you know that it’s OK to be human.

I encourage you to spend a few minutes and write about the challenges you’re currently facing, to share the successes you’ve had, to offer support or advice to someone who’s somewhere that you have been.

Share your writings with like minded people, on the same noble journey. Helping one is helping all and we’re all on the bmindful forum.

This post was inspired by this thread and the advice that followed. It is based on a talk given by Paul Haller.

“How easy it is in our life, to miss what’s being offered.” — Paul Haller

Great thread Lee! My epiphanies have mostly been about finding out my destination is not as important as the journey. I go to work thinking it was not supposed to be a job I stayed with for so long. I come home (after focusing on gratitude and love), involved in lessons-learned that I feel quite good about. All of the things I say I want in an experience doesn’t have to be in my tomorrows; they’re now(:; whereever I am.

In re:to this community, the supportive feedback from good and genuine people is a wonderful catalyst for wonderful experiences. I thank each and everyone of you.

I AM
Peaceful:
Emotions, Sensations ,
& Feelings

That was a truely inspiring letter. :) Somehow I’ll know I’ll be more active on the forum.
Yet I have something to share. If it seems the whole world is discouraging you to change then you have found a profound oppertunity to change. If you at that time find out what thoughts and experiences made you to think the negative things at that time. You reflect on that moment and figure out what affirmations to use.

Yet for me the most important lesson now is indeed what Lauri accentuates and what Lee also suggests in his letter. That it is a Journey, every step is one, we have pitfalls but we do get up again thanks to other people or realisations of your own.

So I try to live by the day, the most beautifull and suprising things are never planned anyway. They will just pop-up. So no need to pursue them.

Thanks for the letter. One of those suprising things that just popped up (in my mailbox ;))

Epiphany: I have flashes of the obvious now and then but epiphanies, for me, are rare and different in one significant way. An epiphany compels me to act. The difficulty is how to act; how to go about bringing your life in line with your ideals. Someone once said “You become what you think about” and in my experience, this in its self, is an excellent thought to keep in your mind. Conciously visualising my ideal life is training for my mind and I surround myself with objects that reinforce that training. It’s taking a long time because some of these changes involve other people who I can’t just simply ignore, but slowly and definately my life is changing. I still fall off the log now and then but not as much as I did. Ironically, the closer I get to my ideals, the less time I spend thinking about life and actually just get on with living it. Lee’s comments about the forum being a place to find motivation, especially when not on the log, are absolutely right and I’ve taken solace from many a bmindfuller and will continue to do so. Thank you, all!

Act positively, in the moment, with one eye on tomorrow. Freerace.

Freerace. I like the part about changing others. What I have found in my experiences is that all you can do to impact another is to show him or her the next step toward enlightenment. If they are acting out of emotion and you can stop them for a second and have them listen to what it is you have to say…grab their attention somehow…then I have done the following with great results in very unresponsive individuals.

First remind them of the big three Body, mind, and soul. Say them each with a pause afterwards to get the point of separateness across.

Second, Tell them that they are not their mind…that they are not the voice in their head. This may at first seem radical and they will laugh.

Third, My favorite part. A way to wake’m up. Explain how the mind sets up environmental defenses and conditionings. Tell them that you are about to prove this point and that you are about to insult them…call them stupid…at this point they should be moderately interested in what you are saying and go along with it. Your original insult will not effect them much and they will tell you that. next, Barrage them with ruthless insults about how they are nothing and usless. Throw your hands up, storm out of the room, and tell them that they will never mount up to anything and that you can’t stand them and that you are leaving…then it is a great time to make them aware of what their ego is.

Fourth, I do not always use this next one but now would be the time if the particular individual is ‘ready’. I say “so have you ever caught yourself saying I hate myself? Well that would imply two entities…I hating myself. I said there were three right…Body, mind, and soul…Your body moves for you and your mind solves problems for you. When humans were tribal our minds served us as a way to do critical thinking on problems such as how to build a shelter and how not to get eaten by the wild animals.

So what does that say about the mind? That it is not you…It is only a tool! Then who are ‘you’? well…this can be observed through a little test. Working best in nature, sit in meditation. Try to clear your mind of all thoughts. Some thoughts may slip in from the back door such as “I am not suppose to have thoughts right now”. The whole point of this exercise is to pose the question…‘who is the observer of your thoughts’?

This has worked for me so far. I say all of this out of humility and just wish to share what I have experience in regards to affecting others.

Take care

Going through my email. First I read Lee’s Post here, then I read the following:
The sages do not consider that making no mistakes is a blessing. They believe, rather, that the great virtue of man lies in his ability to correct his mistakes and continually make a new man of himself.

— Wang Yang-Ming (1472-1529) Chinese Philosopher
The Universe has a message for me today.
illusion555 posted thoughts on the body, mind, soul connection. As I read that it appeared to me as a significant trilogy. As a massage therapist I use the connection in my communication with my clients all the time. But reading through the post it hit me that it’s a trilogy. And if you’re a God-fearing person you are aware of the significance of trilogy. They appear often in Christian dogma.

So how does this all affect me? I suppose it will become evident as my life unfolds. So many things in my life have changed over the last ten years. It all started by my having a reading from Lorrie, a person who channels angels. They, through her, told me I wasn’t doing what I was meant to do. That confused me so. I was doing a job I loved, thought I was pretty good at it and was making a decent living. Speed forward two and a half years and the economy gobbles up my job and I find myself unemployed. So I went to school to become a Massage Therapist. The first night, the first class, I know when I place my hands on someone that “this is what I’m meant to do!” The Universe is always speaking to us, many of us refuse to listen.

Be quiet, Listen, and then act. (OMG another trilogy:-)

Blessings,
Bruce-
Each Day Is A New Gift From God!

Your positive feedback on my post puts a flutter in my heart. All I know is that change is on the horizon and I hope to be as much a part of its happening as my one self can be.

A new conscousness is sweeping the world. Opera and I recommend Eckhart Tolle’s ‘The Power of Now’. I hate to make a drop on in this post but that audiobook changed my life.

I am always looking for stimulating conversation. Glad to see some deep thinkers on my team.

I chose the name illusion555. These words that I am typing are not real. They are only sign posts that point to the truth of what is already.

Another illusion that people seem to get carried away with is their obsession with time. Time is not real. When you are worried about all the things you MAY need to do in the future then you are completely identified with your mind and continue in, most times, usless and repetitive thought patterns. You fail to live in the ever joyous present moment.

Is this a joke? How can insanity be the norm? I will stop my rambling now.

I live off of feedback people speak up!

Out

Wow this has prompted some fascinating discussion! Thanks for everyone that has responded so far!

Laurie, the epiphanies you speak of are the biggest in my life to date. I’ve narrowed it down to two things, that life is a journey and I’m finally coming to terms with that, and that I need to spend more time on my spiritual development if I want to move forward.

The one thing that straddles these two is living in the moment, for me that means enjoying the journey and evolving spiritually.

These things, that life is a journey, that you need to evolve spiritually and to do that you need to live in the moment is kind of another trinity, which both illusion555 and ThisIsBruce speak of.

To me this is the result of a lot of soul searching that all started with me trying to bring my life in line with my ideals, which is what freerace mentioned and ThisIsBruce spoke of.

It’s amazing that we’ve all talked about slightly different things and are all looking at things in a slightly different way because we’ve all gone a very different ‘way’, but we’ve all come to the very much the same conclusions.

To me this really is incredible and it absolutely enforces some of the things that I said in the first email and post.

Helping one is helping all and we’re all on the bmindful forum.

Of course, this is all a journey and we’re not there yet. Realizing what we have is just the beginning and living this life is the real challenge.

I’m honored to both help and be helped out and appreciate this community beyond words.

And yes, I have Bob Marley playing right now… So what… :)

illusion555 you’re reply is fascinating!

I’ve often found that trying to convince someone of something they’re not ready to believe in is a frustrating and fruitless exercise.

Sometimes people are a little confused and want to be helped and these are the people I can imagine these steps working very well on. This might be a good friend, or even yourself.

I think everyone would benefit from performing your exercises on themselves, particularly the meditation. I had a little chuckle about your “I am not suppose to have thoughts right now” – my meditation practice improved dramatically after I read somewhere that thinking about not thinking is a thought in itself lol.

Of course focused meditation is fantastic too, but wouldn’t help with these exercises.

I’ll add this bit in because of the vibe I’m getting from your posts.

I agree that the mind, body and soul are separate entities. But there is no mind, no body and no soul. So they aren’t.

I hope that makes sense to you. I’m not qualified to be writing things like this, but the words I’m typing aren’t real.

Hmmm. I am trying to see it…I realize that its common to categorize everything as nothing but an illusion…and/or…say that we are all connected through a oneness.

Have you ever wandered why humans perceive flowers to be ‘pretty’? I will give two answers.

First, through environmental conditioning we learn that ‘flowers are pretty’. The statement is not real or comming from a place of truth, it may sometimes of course.

Second, This next one is a moderately new to me and I am trying to have more understanding and ‘feel’ for its depth, but…it goes as follows. We think the flower is ‘pretty’ due to the oneness connection of all things.

Another idea is that, as primal beings, we value youth, beauty, and all else that can so easily be taken from us.

Please offer your input.

Flowers are beautiful, and then they die. They just are. As is the mind, as is the body and as is the soul.

Note that ‘die’ can mean different things to different people. So can beautiful. But when I say beautiful, I don’t necessarily mean in the aesthetic sense. Flowers are beautiful because they just are.

I can explain this further if I’m being totally perplexing :) As I said, I shouldn’t really be talking like this anyway.

Yes! I want to use your first paragraph to bring to life a point.

Things are as they are. Yes? Simple…

Now. In any situation you only have three options. You can change the situation, leave the situation, or accept it as the ‘isness’ of all things.

If you are confronted with a situation and dwell on it will no means to an end…then that is the definition of insanity.

The is no such thing as doing a project. There is only such thing as doing a task related to a project.

So, instead of saying in your mental jail cell to think about how much your life sucks…GET UP!

Everyone talks about the power of the present moment and ‘now’…but…If something needs to be done then get up and do it now. What better time than ‘now’?

I want to ask you a question.

In the past have you ever done anything that was not ‘now’? Do you think you ever will?

My point in all of this blabber is this:

IF YOU AGREE THAT BODY MIND AND SOUL ARE THREE DIFFERENT THINGS THAT ADD UP TO THAT WHICH IS YOUR LIFE…THEN PLEASE ASK YOURSELF THIS QUESTION!!!

Are you using your mind? or is your mind using you?

In response to Lee Nutter’s post:
In response to illusion555’s post:
I like what both of you have to say(:
I am of the belief, more than not, once you have felt the fragility of life, everything gains more significance and beauty for whatever you see.

I know as a child, I thought things were “pretty”. I valued “good” people. Though as years went on, I started to acknowledge how people change, how relationships change, how circumstances change, how things break, get lost, that people pass on, etc.

What we have right now, this moment is like no other moment. With the context of this moment, nothing will ever be as beautiful as this moment. It may have more or less beauty at another moment; but nothing will ever contain “THIS” beauty.

I AM
Peaceful:
Emotions, Sensations ,
& Feelings

I hate to dogg on this website but…

I have a dream.

A dream of a world where affirmations are not needed to fuel the mentally identified human ego!

And if we fail to us affirmations, drugs, etc. then we enter a deep state of depression that keeps up weak…mentally and physically

Like I said before, a new age of conscousness is entering our world. It is the enlightened state that Buddha and Jesus spoke of.

Waiting for response.

I like your dream, and believe those who belong to this site want what you want and agree we can have that powerful place in time.

In re: to affirmations, we are so much more than what we think about. It is my hope we simply affirm that.

It seems we often have to remember “bad” feelings or the things that aren’t so wonderful to hang on to gratitude and the tools it takes to have and be.

It’s a “shame”, that we our long term memories fade when it comes to what motivates a lesson learned; in that we have to keep repeating shades of discomfort.

An example for me, is due to having once been quite physically ill, I have more gratitude for my wellness. Though, as time goes on, I seem to have shades of forgetfulness and slack off on all of the things that got me to this great place of health. By doing that, health is not as vital, new behaviors I had created to get to the place of health is not as “in place”, and result I feel less well than I did at my best that I helped to create.

Though so far,what I acknowledge to keep the great lesson, I must affirm and speak about the motivating factors that created the result I acheived.
It seems to keep the full circle picture in my mind and keep the “complete” lesson, and in turn get the epiphany and good feelings, keeping perspective and affirming what is possible is “always” key. What do you think?

I AM
Peaceful:
Emotions, Sensations ,
& Feelings

I challange any reader who has read this far into the posts.

Dare to face your fears:

See where the darkness is…And jump in!

But what if you fail? Wont you feel bad?

Okay…I want you to stop. No…Now, just ‘STOP’ ‘RIGHT NOW’ ‘YES YOU’ ‘BE NOW’ ‘TURN OFF YOUR MIND AND LISTEN’ ‘DO NOT JUDGE THE FOLLOWING TEXT’ ‘JUST FEEL THE TEXT AND YOU WILL SEE THE LIGHT

The only way you will be able to change is through realizing that you are no less a person when you ‘feel’…regret, depressed, or just that mild body sickness you may get after a rejection.

Do not think these feelings are bad. I look for and cherish them nowadays…

It is your body giving you feedback on what happend.

Good! I feel like shit! Okay, what can I learn from that…What went wrong that I can do better later.

Catch yourself…Your emotions may carry you away…But then remember…Its all an illusion and ‘you’ can choose now.

I need to go to bed lol, but one more.

Looking at your question (Are you using your mind? or is your mind using you?) from a different angle:

The mind is (beautiful, like the flower, if you want something less abstract)
But are you going to go with that, or fight against it?

In response to laurie’s post:

I understand what you’re saying. That is what I call reframing. Reframing everything is very important. I use a particular technique that I’ve mentioned on another thread to bring it about quickly. when i locate it, I’ll post the thread. Bottom line, moving forward by gaining all we can with what we know that works and be open to ‘some’ things we are not so knowledgable about is important.

I’ve mentioned this too on another thread, how I love the serenity prayer:
God grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference.

and the part I change is:

after it says accept the things I cannot change, I add the courage and wisdom to change EVERYTHING I can, and then the courage and the wisdom to know the difference. Because I do believe we often stop short of doing what we can do for ourselves with and for our minds, with and for our bodies and with and for our spirit.

I AM
Peaceful:
Emotions, Sensations ,
& Feelings

In response to Laurie:
I feel like the grit in the pearl here. I guess I’m still a long way from enlightenment; confusing it with physical achievement, it would seem. My world is future driven and all about the targets and affirmations that will keep me focused, rather than only living the moment. I’m trying to grasp the now concept but on a site which offers affirmations for success, I see it as difficult to reconcile nowness without discarding plans for how you will achieve success in the future. I clearly have a long way to go before I can understand ‘now’. Or, have I misunderstood you?

Act positively, in the moment, with one eye on tomorrow. Freerace.

Yes. Humans must learn to accept ‘what is’…If they wish to change ‘what is’ then, Okay. There is no reason to worry about outcomes… Because… That would be prompting you for non-acceptance of ‘what is’ in a future ‘now’.

And that’s just crazy to do peoplezzz!!!

This is enough for my head today as well…

Sleep well.

A state of enlightenment does not leave you incapable of striving for external goals.

Ask yourself this:

Are you living a life you would choose to live?

If not, why not.

I leave on a quote from Tyler Durden in the movie Fight Club.

“You need to forget what you know, what you think you know, about life, about friends, and especially about you and me!”

In response to freerace’s post:
Freerace, I strongly feel we should have a plan; have goals and break them down into their smallest pieces and see that place you believe you are destined to go to.

All well and good, GREAT matter of fact(: Though, to stay focused without losing forest (sp?) for the trees,:
1. Don’t forget what got you there
2. Don’t forget who you are
3. Don’t forget the why’s of the journey

If you found out you had x # of days to live, what would you have learned or attained that is so meaningful? Is it the job, the destination or a piece of you, the ‘it’ out there, your concept of something greater, what is it?

Time, yeah it’s an illusion. It isn’t an illusion when the boss says you’re late. It isn’t an illusion when you decided someday you’ll write to that person who needed a verbal hug from you. That is what you plan for.

Time is now. Keep a healthy perspective with time, don’t obsess – find moments to BE.

Do things in the now, and be present for all that you do and are. Ask yourself pertinent why actions. Then acknowlege you in your life.

We cannot (in my opinion) always be any one way all of the time. We are like the balancing scale. The more we learn the more we get with that balanced equilibrium. Things happen, get a little wave, of what was that, we reassess and ask questions, center self, reach out to Higher Power, Higher Understanding and make the connection (every now and then. Some call that ‘the flow’. We can be in the flow for often then not. We are not always there. I believe we get there by acceptance of self and life on lifes terms. Lifes terms is a complex pattern we get glimpses of as we keep doing the next ‘right’ thing.

The journey is now. Plan for today and tomorrow. Remember and learn from it all. Make it all special. Everything that has been part of your experience is what you are calling YOU. Who are you? The old saying not to be a human doing, but to be a human being is to acknowledge you inside.Acknowledge the journey, and you, and where you’re going. When you’re walking, you put one foot in front of the other, but you also acknowledge your journey, how you feel, and where the heck you are going(: And while you are walking, you notice your surroundings, you notice the good, the unusual, and things you may have to walk over, walk through, or simply stop and admire.

I don’t know how to link to another thread, but if you will, today I had written on the thread about Losing the Bandwagon-think it’s called. Tell me what you think on this thread in connection with this, kay?

I AM
Peaceful:
Emotions, Sensations ,
& Feelings

Hello Illusion555,

You are sharing some wonderful thought(:

I like the quote from Tyler Durden in the movie Fight Club you left.

“You need to forget what you know, what you think you know, about life, about friends, and especially about you and me!”

I have one;don’t know where I heard it.
Would the child in you like the adult you’ve become?(:

That’s a centering question I like to use. Because I believe deep inside we all know where to put our energies for physical and emotional health,, spirituality, and maturity.

I AM
Peaceful:
Emotions, Sensations ,
& Feelings

Been away a few hours (back to bed, weather is crap). The dialogue here has been interesting. As I read the posts I had various thoughts about what I would have said, mostly which is no longer as germane.

Can we all get back on the bandwagon ?? We’re meant to be supporting each other on a positive proactive path to delight / wonder / joy. This is a trip best not born alone, rather with treasured friends. How does one find said friends? Get outside yourself. (OK, we’re doing that here.)

Laurie posted:
I am of the belief, more than not, once you have felt the fragility of life, everything gains more significance and beauty for whatever you see.

This reminded me of a lecture I heard while on the west coast of Ireland by Rod Briggs http://mindlink.co.za/. Look at this picture.

Now, If you were raised in a culture in which the man in the image above is known, it only takes a short while to determine who it is. On the other hand, if you were not, you’d never see the image. This speaks volumes on the impact of what you are exposed to in your life and how it can color what you see. It can also be what you choose to see. You know, glass half empty or half full.

I have nothing to conclude with this post, just some random thoughts. I do have a wish, that being that your cup overflow, not just be half full!

BTW, if you do not see a face in the snow, visit This Site

Blessings,
Bruce-
Each Day Is A New Gift From God!

All you can do is cast your line and hope they get curious…Desperately splashing into the water will only scare them away. – me (ha)

In response to ThisIsBruce’s post:
I want to thank you Bruce, for sharing the picture and the insights surrounding it. I let it go for awhile, and found it to be quite meaningful to me(:

I AM
Peaceful:
Emotions, Sensations ,
& Feelings

I feel that we can all agree that…laurie’s happy faces are bassakwards

I kid! Happy fun times :)

My epiphany came while I was in college. A Social Psychology course that would get me the necessary credits required to fill the “science” portion of my degree changed my life. I was a kid who always did what he was told, I was easily governed by fear and authority, and had taken great measure to supress a very savage temper eventually becoming exceedingly passive. Being spoonfed by my parents, peers, church, and society I was a model child of good grades, athletic, and never got into much trouble.

My social phsychology professor challenged our beliefs in a way I had never dared to challenge them before. My self-study led me to the understanding that I was expressing my agreement in a belief system that my inner-self was completely at odds with. From that point forward, I began to see life differently. It wasn’t now black where it had previously been white; it was more of a shift from a cold grey to a warm grey.

I have extreme disagreements with the way a majority of my family and freinds live their lives. I occasionally throw out that hook that Illusion555 speaks of. They will only take the bait if they are ready for it…if you shove it down their throat they will undoubtedly spit it back out.

Today I take chances, when previously I would not have done so. Today, I still strugle against the pre-conceptions and mental blocks that I, and others, placed into my psyche to fashion a robotic reflexive action in line with beliefs that I no longer hold to.

My epiphany was a true awakening; that the cloud I felt above me wasn’t a physical thing…but metaphysical. I had allowed others to mold me, I had blocked myself from true growth and expression…now, I respectfully do what needs to be done, and say what needs to be said…many times to the disappointment of those closest to me. I am never rude to them, I just speak truths that they would prefer to stay hidden…most people aren’t ready for that.

In response to sundance’s post:
Your experience sounds wonderful! That is an epiphany!
May I ask what was the exercise your professor had you do for this wonderful result?

I AM
Peaceful:
Emotions, Sensations ,
& Feelings

Sundance made me think of a class I had in the 70’s, in some psych course also. My prof. was very into self-hypnosis and guided imagery.

He first did a guided imagery with us, telling us we were going in a spaceship, away from everything and everyone that was meaningful and he gave us suggestions like:
-We finally totally and completely succeeded at something, that was important to ourselves
-We didn’t know if we’d return.
-We might not ever see our loved ones again

Mind you, this was my 1st time away from home and already had a few new emotions going on. And for the 1st time, I felt something I never wanted to feel,let alone think about: never seeing loved ones again. The other important part to this was the idea of succeeding in something that was more important to me than the security of family, I was going to risk.

During the heart of this intense visualization, where much emotion and thought was indeed happening, he had us listen to various spliced parts of David Bowie’s song Ground Control.

The following is a decent space video w/this song.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PMJlIFo3XG4&NR=1

It was wonderful. I had a taste of my idea of complete success, and letting go of others for a greater cause. I don’t remember his lead up or the ending; do remember some tears streaming down my eyes in joy re: having truly succeeded, and tears when I left family (sadness), tears when somehow in my young world, something was important enough for me to actually leave my family for a greater cause.

For those of you who enjoy David Bowie, here is the same song with him in it from the 70’s. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L-g_Y0UCxmg

I AM
Peaceful:
Emotions, Sensations ,
& Feelings

laurie wrote – ‘“I always have to love myself a hair more than the people I love the most. “

I think that is what you are getting at Sundance.

I’ve been reading along as you all write and discussing this thread with Lee over dinners and such. it’s just amazing! m recent musings and decisions made since the new year have all been along these lines. its so bizarre to read in words what you thought were only feelings to you. beautiful.

more on this later as I now find my own words…

In response to laurie’s post:

Thanks for kind words Laurie. I wouldn’t say it was a singular exercise, but a semesters worth of reprograming into the mold of a free thinker. Our professor never told us what we thought was wrong…he just pointed out that our beliefs were founded on the beliefs of others. We should really expose ourselves to information from all sides of an argument or belief before we decide on which side we fall.

I don’t believe that I love myself more than I love others. I try to hold to my belief that their is no greater action than to act on the behalf of those who need you.

Hi Sundance,
I want to clarify the view I had mentioned of-> loving myself a hair more than others.

There was a time for me that your quote “belief that there is no greater action than to act on the behalf of those who need you”. I was there right along with you, and still am for the most part. The people I admire most from my past and present adhere to that credo as well, and I love them all for their goodness. /Though one of my biggest hindsight lessons was my rule of loving myself a hair more than others. That idea allows me to give with so much more of myself.

Though an example that may fit my analogy of loving myself a hair more than others is somewhat like the example of the mother who doesn’t feed herself properly, and gives her children ALL of her food and starves herself. It may sound loving and kind to be so selfless; though if you give anyone all you have, then you can’t have the mental, physical, and spiritual health you require to assist anyone well. That is why I said love yourself just a hair more than those you love the most. Balance is a tempermental thing to maintain.

When you love deeply, and it sounds like you do, saying what you did about being there for others is fantastic; I am just saying make sure you leave yourself with something. That was my meaning.

I AM
Peaceful:
Emotions, Sensations ,
& Feelings

There’s a cliche that goes something like “you can’t love another until you learn to love yourself” which is a cliche for a reason :) Loving one is loving all

The Higher Affirmations: The Heart Moment thread is very relevant to this discussion, as well as the initial discussion.

In response to AppreciationView’s post:

posted this here because of the experience I wrote about earlier in thread—linked to it…
The following is a decent space video w/this song.
Ground Control by David Bowie

just heard David Bowie passed. I didn’t even know he was ill. you will be missed Rest In Peace & Love.

I AM
Peaceful:
Emotions, Sensations ,
& Feelings

David Bowie David Bowie dies of cancer aged 69
When a talented musical icon has been with you on your journey expressing through the times…‘your times’ … it feels as though you’ve lost someone close. Though I’m very sure many people feel that way today…

david-bowies-wife-iman-posts-heartbreaking-photos-struggle-quotes
sometimes you will
never know the true
value of a moment
until it becomes a
memory.

I was going to post some lovely pics of he & his family…and its too soon.

I AM
Peaceful:
Emotions, Sensations ,
& Feelings

In response to Lee's post

love the conversation on this thread... love admiration, respect and diversity.

that is what I love about the bmindful forum.

That is what I love in the world.

I know this because that is why I find more reasons to love where I work.

I enjoy bringing my self

bringing 'a good place' with others

Though how cool is it to be around people from all over the world and engage in areas that are vital and real through their eyes... allowing all to be all, remaining yourself and becoming more ... by being open to the differences of others...and similarities.

I AM
Peaceful:
Emotions, Sensations ,
& Feelings

Jump to Top ^^

To get the most out of the bmindful forum, please sign up or log in!

Related Content