login to bmindful Sign up for your FREE bmindful account!

To get the most out of the bmindful forum, please sign up or log in!

★What does Abundance mean to you?

Many affirmations on this website are related to abundance in one’s life. It made me stop and ponder. What is abundance? Obviously it is a personal definition meaningful only to oneself. It is something that I struggle to define. I started this thread because I’d like to hear what bmindful people describe abundance as. It may be helpful to others as I think it will be to me – to see what is on the minds of others as it relates to what is abundance.

I’ll start, but as you can see, I haven’t fully thought this out and I want to expand my perception of abundance. To me, abundance USED to be a specific number in the bank and value of assets. However, that turned out to be very limited. I accumulated my goals and still did not feel happy. It wasn’t enough for me. Money wasn’t “it”.

Now, to me, abundance still is about having a comfortable amount of money in the bank. Let’s say, enough to cover all bills, have savings to live for six months should disaster strike, and leftover fun money to actually live my life. That’s great, but it’s not all.

Abundance is also having close, intimate relationships with a few friends that I can count on to be there for me in good times and bad. It is a feeling of community and belonging.

Abundance is also about spirituality: the belief in a higher power and all the spiritual guides, advisors, and masters. Just knowing there is an invisible power that is out there conspiring to do me good is very satisfying. I know I’m a trust fund baby of the universe!!

What are your thoughts on abundance? I’d love for you to share them.

Peace, MM

I am living in many dimensions at once; the appearance of being trapped in time and space is only an illusion.

Hey MM, here is something from Wealth 101. It’s the prelude to the book, I know I keep putting up stuff from that, but it seems appropriate.
——-
When Swami Muktananda first visited the United States, he deplaned (as flight attendants are fond of saying) and walked directly into a large, modern terminal.

He stood for a while, looking around the enormous airport-so different from India, he might have been on another planet.

He saw a vast assortment of food, drinks, magazines and newspapers; padded, upholstered furniture was everywhere; the rest rooms needed nothing, and had hot and cold running water; everyone was properly dressed; the airport was clean, well-lit, and the whole place-the size of most villages in his homeland-was not only air-conditioned but carpeted.

Even so, he saw the passengers rushing by, hurrying to their planes, seemingly not appreciating any of it.

“They live in paradise,” he observed, “I wonder if they’ll ever know.”

All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us.
— Gandalf, J.R.R. Tolkien
I’m Alright
Life Less Ordinary

In response to meditatingmama’s post:
Great topic meditatingmama(: Hmm abundance, definitely a topic that crosses my mind. When I think of abundance, it generally pertains to whatever my need is, abundance would be the resolve of the need. Though like yourself knowing the supplier is my concept of a Higher Power is Powerful to me. I am an instrument of that Power, my thoughts and actions take me closer or further to what is there for me. If I don’t acknowlege what is there, it could be right in front of me, and I could easily be blind to possibilities.

There was a time for me that I was a bit too affirming of seeing good everywhere. By doing that I stayed happy but not completely satisfied. For me, I have to be affirming to Good coming my way or already present, though, also taking the time to reevaluate what I want so it can be the answer to my specific need. I learn this and know this sometimes intuitively, by prayer and sometimes hindsight lessons(:

And you’re right money isn’t everything, though it certainly is way up there with health, and nurturing healthy relationships. You cannot have anything without health. You need your finances to make sure you have your health-needs met.

Also choices are very important. Sometimes you can have a lot going in your life, but if something is keeping you from making or having choices; that lack of freedom can make you feel as though you have nothing.

When I think of abundance, I also think of gratitude, because the saying you don’t know what you have until it’s gone is very true. It was very true when I was very sick once. My most basic functions were just not ok. When I became fully recovered, I was truly better than before. Part of the reason for that, is I had a strong motivation to regain my health and was disciplined beyond belief to get there. So when I did recover I came back with better health, better level of discipline, and a level of gratitude for health and life. The wisdom from that experience is the abundance I could not have planned and would not have planned (that way). Though the abundance was truly answered prayer.

I AM
Peaceful:
Emotions, Sensations ,
& Feelings

I’m gonna post a few quotes. If you like these let me know and I will post more.
——-
If wisdome were offered me with the proviso that I should keep it shut up and refrain from declaring it, I should refuse. There’s no delight in owning anything unshared.

Seneca, First Centry A.D.
——-
A friend, I am told, is worth more than pure gold.

Popeye
——-
Money doesn’t always bring happiness. People with ten million dollars are no happier than people with nine million dollars.

Hobart Brown
——-
There are two things to aim at in life: first, to get what you want; and, after that, to enjoy it. Only the wisest of mankind achieve the second.

Logan Pearsall Smith
——-
There are joys which long to be ours. God sends ten thousand truths, which come about us like birds seeking inlet; but we are shut up to them, and so they bring us nothing, but sit and sing awhile upon the roof, and then fly away.

Henry Ward Beecher
——-
I think our parents got together in 1946 and said, “Let’s have lots of kids and give them everything they want, so that they can grow up and be totally messed up and unable to cope with life.”

Hope Steadman “Thirtysomething”
——-
If we had no winter, the spring would not be so pleasant: if we did not sometimes taste of adversity, prosperity would not be so welcome.

Anne Bradstreet 1664
——-
Wise men appreciate all men, for they see the good in each and know how hard it is to make anything good.

Baltasar Gracian 1647
——-

I’m Alright
Life Less Ordinary

Great topic mm, and great post Laurie

I’m Alright
Life Less Ordinary

Thanks, Jeff. I needed to hear those today!! Also, Thanks, Laurie. I can appreciate where you are coming from. It helps me.

I am living in many dimensions at once; the appearance of being trapped in time and space is only an illusion.

i agree with what you say and i have had simlar thoughts on this ,it always leads to the spiritual ..and all else flows from within you outward ..an abundant inner connection ..or divine inner peace ..resonates into al other areas of your physical life also ..

To me, abundance is “more than enough” of what you need or wish for. This means that you have choices in what you want to do in this life and you can help others, no worries, be it financial or spiritual. I always get a warm feeling when I use the word abundance in my affirmations. Is this love?

In response to jancydat’s post:

Jan- that is how I feel. Sometimes I wonder if that limits me??? What I consider “enough” may be much less than I am capable of. If I limit myself, then I am not “giving” as much as I can be.

I know there are many more ways of giving than financially, but I am limited by time. Three small children take up A LOT of time and energy- with the basics alone of food, homework, quality time… and I haven’t even talked about what it takes to run a business!! :)

The best compromise I have right now is to focus all my love and energy into my children – and giving my customers the best of myself as I do business with them. For now, it has to be “enough”. :)

What greater gift can you offer than that daily nurturing and guidance from a positive perspective which you give your family? Aren’t we all aspiring to simply be the best we can be each day with each relationship and situation? I am constantly trying to figure things out, such as “what is it I need to be learning?” or “was that my ego again? and can I have a redo? . Anyway, it seems like those things which keep us so busy are part of our abundance.

In response to jancydat’s post:
In response to meditatingmama’s post:

I think when you are referring to abundance of time (period) you need to reframe. I have an abundance of time to accomplish everything that needs to be done. This may not include everything that you want to do. but everything that needs to be done will get done.
From your examples, MM you seem to be doing this well :)

I believe the most important thing to have in abundance is health because good health revs up your energy levels which in turn help you feel more confident. Happiness is also very important to have in abundance and of course good relationships with family, relatives, friends and all other people you may come into contact with.

In fact if you think about it if you have an abundance of any one of the above then its easier for all the rest to flow into your life.

enjoy life!

In response to melt86’s post:

Thank you for your kind words. :)

In response to best78’s post:

You are so right!! I am working on diet and exercise to hopefully bring myself into optimum health and well being.

Abundance for me right now is left-over roasted organic pumpkin, turned into soup with fresh garden herbs, and eaten at work the next day with lots of buttery toast :)

“Even if you’re on the right track – you’ll get run over if you just sit there” Will Rogers

I am actually learning english here :-)
I had a completely different feeling of the word, now that I am reading more and more of your definitions here and look up dictionary, I realized that the whole time I was mixing it up with ‘Abandoned’.
What a big difference :-) Thanks all.

…what a wonderful world….

In response to laurie’s post:
Definitely a different word!

In response to aftab’s post:
I like the idea of abundance of joy. Happiness is so contagious too, I think once it’s started it could go on forever.

In response to melt86’s post:
I think you mixed me and Aftab up(: I figured it out hehheh And in re:to joy, I think so too, it can go on forever.

I AM
Peaceful:
Emotions, Sensations ,
& Feelings

In response to laurie’s post:
oops! :)

Does abundance mean getting something or does it mean to release something?
A typical example is spring cleaning” Why do we feel lighter and free
when we get rid a whole of stuff we don,t need any more. (physical and mental)
Sounds contradictory but a definite starting point with the law of attraction and the concept of abundance”

I see abundance as aligning with my god source energy and everything else is an illusion. Theres a verse in the bible that states”

(Seek first the kingdom of heaven and all things shall be added unto you)

Many people get confused with manifesting abundance because they are unknowingly trying to manifest with thier ego personality instead of going to the source”

We live in a holographic universe. If you want abundance” go to the source and release the ego out of the equation and you will find that you were always resonating abundance right from the start” “Remember the golden rule” Abundance is something you are,not something you get”

urban yogi”

Rama Dass
Teacher of Power Meditation

"Acknowledging the good that you already have in your life is the foundation of all abundance"

Eckhart Tolle

"Abundance can be had simply by consciously receiving what has already been given"

Sufi saying

Anything that anyone gives attention to, becomes true

In response to Spread a little happiness's post:

Very eloquent and tasteful. Thank you for finding this thread, its has excellent comments.

Abundance is the absence of desire, fear or craving. Its a multi dimensional sublime state of elevated satisfaction. 

“Radical Acceptance is the ability to face hardships with greater love and deeper awareness.
Contemplation shapes radical acceptance as a way to choose love and peace over anger and despair.
Begin by finding this within ourselves before helping others.

In response to Kathi's post:

I totally agree with you Kathi. Abundance is the absence of fear and doubt. It is the absence of anger towards yourself and others. It is the absence of everything that feels bad and the presence of everything that feels good. Abundance is being in alignment with who you really are.

Have a great day :)

In response to Smart_Routines_With_Enthusiasm's post:

I love this post :)

This is a great thread.. Love to continue bringing  it current.

Love the comments of all

ln response to Spread a little happiness's post: In response to Kathi's post: In response to Spread a little happiness's post

Love the recent comments/quotes  of Spread a little happiness

and Kathi's comment -all wonderfully Perfect!

• ~

wow-10 years+ ago-this thread was created... love to reread all posts

and possibly revise my  earlier post...

going to give it a little time... and return

I AM
Peaceful:
Emotions, Sensations ,
& Feelings

Jump to Top ^^

To get the most out of the bmindful forum, please sign up or log in!

Related Content