login to bmindful Sign up for your FREE bmindful account!

To get the most out of the bmindful forum, please sign up or log in!

★Netbooks (Mini Laptops)

I don’t keep up with the latest gadgets really, but every once in a while I decide that I want something or other and dig up a little useful info. Well, it looks to me like a “netbook” or “mini laptop” is a pretty interesting little gizmo. It is small, lightweight, relatively affordable, I can use it to play my mp3’s and use it as an ebook reader. I can easily take it with me. It has a built in mic. I can use it like a netphone with skype. I can use an sd card with it to store lots of cool stuff like ebooks and mp3 files, or videos. I can easily hold it like a book and read in bed. I can find one that will hold a charge for seven or eight hours. To me is just seems like you get a lot more for your money than you do with an e-reader.

Here’s a neat trick for you guys that run xp – if you hold down the coltrol and alt keys and hit one of the arrow keys it reorients your display. You can use that little trick to turn your netbook sideways which makes it more like an e-reader.

I stumbled across netbooks when I started looking for a newer model mp3 player. A 16 gig mp3 player is going to cost you over a hundred bucks and 16 gigs won’t even hold all of my music. Plus, I wanted a larger screen. It probably won’t run the latest games, but you could easily run simple games. This would be great when your stuck on an airplane. Also, you aren’t going to be able to run stuff like microsoft word on an mp3 player. This would be a great tool for starting an electronic journal.

Here’s a Youtube video of the one I’m salivating over

Anyway, just thought I’d share.

All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us.
— Gandalf, J.R.R. Tolkien
I’m Alright
Life Less Ordinary

In response to themadcookieman’s post:
Hey!! Love that re-orientation tip – I probably shouldnt do it whilst on my PC at work (i.e now) but how funny must I look tilting my head to the right and left!!!
Little bit of fun for Tuesday morning!!

Regarding Netbooks, provided you get a good intel processor you can be quite up to speed with the world if you want to skype etc. Also, like you said an SD card will help with its limited RAM….they are only tiny little babies so you cant expect massive hard drive memory installed.

Interested to hear more about any new soft or hardware gadgets you get for it…

Here’s a new samsung one I have been looking at

A full and thankful heart..

Anoush, you are going to have to pm your skype name to me. I don’t use it enough, but it is really cool. I’ve used it before to talk to Lee. I wish more people would get on there. I’m on skype as themadcookieman
I don’t care who knows on bmindful. It would be neat to hear your voice. Don’t worry, I won’t subject to seeing me on the webcam. YIKES! I have perpetually bad hair. I know a lot of you probably think I’m a handsom supermodel, but really I look more like Frankenstein’s ugly brother. The one they don’t talk about. Ernest Borgnine and Marty Feldman’s love child would really appreciate me, ‘cause it would give him hope!!! Ba doom chaaaaa!

Waka, waka, waka…

Is dis ting on?

I’m Alright
Life Less Ordinary

I’m so sorry MCM! I dont have a skype or even facebook account….I guess I am slightly stuck in the dark ages! My mum even has skype which tells me its time. Perhaps I will research this and get on board with the rest of the world!!
Would be great to hear your voice too AND have a laugh at the bad hair – only joking!!
Though I know for a fact you will laugh my my English accent!!
Toodle pip – I’m Orff to eat a scone!! LOL!!

Say hello to the Queen for me the next time you guys have tea! Just stay away from the spotted dick and the blood pudding. YUCK!!! Those English can’t cook worth a hoot! Thank God they got some of you Indians to help ‘em out. Vindaloodioo to you!

Pip, pip, cheerio…

Hey, do the English of Indian heritage wear war paint? Would you be willing to teach me how to use a bow and arrow? (Are you laughing yet?)

I’m Alright
Life Less Ordinary

LOL – I am wetting myself at my desk!!! Trying to keep a straight face!

I dont personally wear war paint….though it would be fun!!
I really must stop giggling behind my PC at work – I am getting funny looks!!! :O)

When one of your co-workers leaves his desk, run over and turn his screen upside down. It’ll be funny.

I’m Alright
Life Less Ordinary

Just don’t try it on your boss.

I’m Alright
Life Less Ordinary

Jump to Top ^^

To get the most out of the bmindful forum, please sign up or log in!

Related Content