login to bmindful Sign up for your FREE bmindful account!

To get the most out of the bmindful forum, please sign up or log in!

★Mixing affirmations with music?

So I made my own affirmations and have them on my ipod. However, I wanted to ask if anyone knows a good program in which I can add background music to my affirmations. I tried Mindjamz but whenever I try to register I keep getting some error.

Any suggestions for a good (and free) program?

Thanks in advance.

@harry815

mindjamz is in test mode for 30 days.

email me here : [email protected] and I’ll set you up with the test log in info.

Cheers,

Gary D

I have done it before using audacity. It’s a free program. I only experimented with it a little and decided I preferred to listen to them without the music added, but that’s just me. What I do when recording my affirmations is to record one affirmation over and over until I get it like I like. I often record one short sentence twenty times before I’m happy with it. I keep recording and deleting over and over. When I get a good one I copy and paste it over and over in audacity. Then I work on my next affirmation. Same process. What I wind up with is a cd I can play in my player at night. I usually make it about 40 minutes long and set my player to repeat, that way it plays all night.

Affirmation 1 about 12 times
Affirmation 2 about 12 times
Affirmation 3 about 12 times
over and over again.

You would save the file as an audacity file.

Then.

You would open a music file you wanted to use with the audicity program.

You would open your affirmation file and copy it onto the audacity file.

Does that make sense.

You’ll have to play with audacity a little to get the feel of it, but it’s pretty intuitive.

Also, consider saying in the first and second and third person. (Or whatever you call it.) Like this.

I eat healty food. (a dozen times)
You eat healthy food. (a dozen times)
Harry eats healthy food. (a dozen times)

I have found this to be a very effective way of using affirmations for myself. When you dream you will often encounter people who are saying positive things to you and about you this way. At least that has been my experience.

All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us.
— Gandalf, J.R.R. Tolkien
I’m Alright
Life Less Ordinary

Oh yeah, once you have finished you save the file and export it as a wav file. (You can fiddle around with audacity and get it to export as mp3 but I haven’t messed with it.) I then convert the wav to an mp3 file. Then I burn it to a cd.

I’m Alright
Life Less Ordinary

Thanks for the advice the program is great. I have a question: do you find affirmations more effective if it’s your own voice or a voice from a “text to speech” program (someone else’s voice)?

I like to use my own voice, however I have a friend who likes to use a text to speech program. I haven’t tried this, but why not make a cd with both your own and the text to speech program. I might be cool to record your “I am” versions in your own voice and the “Harry is” and “You are” versions with the computer generated voices. I don’t have any of the “natural” voices, but even the “robot” sounding voice might be neat. If you try this let me know the results it has on your dreaming.

I’m Alright
Life Less Ordinary

In response to themadcookieman’s post:

This free audacity thing sounds great. I hate to admit how little I have utilized my computer for things like this..For ex. never used a microphone or burned a music cd from the computer.

Is there a dummy series book for great programs..like these to do a little computer assistance- hand holding?

I AM
Peaceful:
Emotions, Sensations ,
& Feelings

Just a quick note about affirmations. I’m sure you already know this, but be very selective in how you word your affirmations. Make sure you always affirm something as if you already have it. For example, don’t say something like “I want to lose 20 lbs.” The key word there is “want”. If you wanted to lose 20 lbs and your current weight is 200 lbs it would be better to say “I weigh 180 lbs”. If you know your ideal weight, it would be even better, I think, to say “I weigh ______ lbs.” Also, if I were going to work on weight loss affirmations I would be sure to include “I am healthy”. You don’t want to lose the weight by becoming sick. The subconscious mind is a powerful tool and automatically tries to carry out the orders it is given, it doesn’t care HOW. It’s like a robot. It carries out all kinds of orders without our conscious mind even being aware of it. It is particularly open to being “consciously” driven right before we fall asleep, in the morning, anytime we are in a “hypnotic” state such as when we are on a long road trip, and several times during the night as our brain activity is in a certain state. Remember, when we are using affirmations we are giving the subconscious mind “new” orders. In many cases we are trying to “overwrite” years of negative thinking. If we have told ourselves subconsciously for 40 years that we are “overweight”, for example, it is going to take thousands of repetitions to overwrite that old code.

I’m Alright
Life Less Ordinary

You could probably find a book, but you can usually find lots of free tips just by googling stuff. Youtube is a great source for tutorial stuff. You can always ask me. If I know how to do something I’m always happy to help.

I’m Alright
Life Less Ordinary

At some point when you get into a routine you’ll want affirmations that you are mixing into your music to be in your own voice.

audacity is cool, I used it several times, I built mindjamz to make something specifically for affirmations.

mindjamz beta, will allow you to record your own affirmations and add them to your affirmation library. You will be able to control the affirmation volume, the TRT (total running time) of the affirmation and connect to experts in the industry for help creating your personal affirmations.

themadcookieman is right on the money with affirmation wording, pay attention to what the focus is on, if you want to lose weight, don’t say I’m losing weight, even though you say “losing weight” the attention is still on Weight.

@Laurie, mindjamz is a very very simple version of audacity, I built it to make the whole process easy for me to do and make it a quick process. I built it so my parents (60 & 63) can use it and they both do. Our users range from 13 – 65.

Audacity is a Cross-Platform Sound Editor, mindjamz is also, only mindjamz is designed for the purpose of mixing affirmations with music.
All the audio mixing that is involved to produce a good audio file is done for you within the mindjamz application and takes 2 minutes or less to mix a file and includes features that make the affirmation practice easy and fun to sustain.

MindJamz is in test mode, reason for the test is we want to build the product to fit your needs, so we have given a slim version of our application and use the user feedback to build the public version.

If any of you would like to gain access to the testing platform, simply
use this link and promo code.

http://mindjamz.com/content/register-alpha.php

2n7cS91p

That sounds really cool GaryD! I’m going to check it out for sure.

I’m Alright
Life Less Ordinary

Oh yeah, I forgot what I was going to add. I don’t know much about it, but there are some sounds, I think they are called binural sound waves, that can help to induce the “hypnotic” state. I can’t remember if it’s beta or theta or which state it is, but it would be cool to try this on affirmation cd’s. If I knew more about it I would like to create some affirmation music specifically for this. I had some audio cassettes a long time ago that had some of this type of stuff on it. It was really fascinating. You could put on headphones and I’m not kidding, it felt like you were “tickling” your brain. It literally “resonated” within your body.

I went by your site, but I didn’t have a “promo” code so I couldn’t get in.

I’m Alright
Life Less Ordinary

Binural sound waves? Sounds interesting I’m going to do some research on that. So instead of background music you can mix those with your affirmations?

@themadcookieman – the promo code is at the bottom of my last post on this thread.

here it is again : 2n7cS91p

here is the test link: http://mindjamz.com/content/register-alpha.php

Binural beats or sound waves are cool, I use them while falling asleep, it works great.

After our testing ends, we will introduce the beta version which includes user requested features, such as the ability to record your own affirmations, upload them into the affirmation library, and make them public for other mindjamerz as well as the ability to upload other audio files like binural beats or affirmations by experts like Deepak Chopra or Tony Robbins.

MindJamz exist to make daily affirmations fun and easy to sustain. It’s not to replace any other methods but to work with them.

I still have post-its all over the house, office and car. I still write out my affirmations when I wake up and before I retire. But I found that MindJamz makes it easy to bring my affirmations with me throughout the day in a way that isn’t intrusive in my normal routine.

I listen to music everyday…in the car, in the gym etc, with MindJamz daily affirmations is as easy listening to my favorite music.

MindJamz is meant to be used with headphone or ear buds.

Check it out, have fun, give feedback and request what would make MindJamz great for you.

Peace and love my friends =)

-Gary D

@harry815 – I use Binural beats, they’re cool. I use them when I’m falling asleep at night. What I have learned about them are that Binaural beats in the delta (1 to 4 Hz) and theta (4 to 8 Hz) ranges have been associated with reports of relaxed, meditative, and creative states, and used as an aid to falling asleep. Binaural beats in the alpha frequencies (8 to 12 Hz) have increased alpha brain waves and binaural beats in the beta frequencies (typically 16 to 24 Hz) have been associated with reports of increased concentration or alertness and improved memory.

Passively listening to binaural beats may not spontaneously propel you into an altered state of consciousness. One’s subjective experience in response to binaural-beat stimulation may also be influenced by a number of mediating factors. For example, the willingness and ability of the listener to relax and focus attention may contribute to binaural-beat effectiveness in inducing state changes.

The main thing is this, find a routine that you can sustain everyday and you will condition your mind to think the thoughts that empower you.

Live well Harry,

Gary D

Hey “themadcookieman”, how did you set your player to repeat?

I decided to use a CD player instead of my ipod because the headphones just easily came out whenever I roll over in my sleep.

The problem is, my affirmation track that I made on Audacity is only 30 minutes long, so it doesn’t repeat.

i have a little bookshelf stereo next to my bed, i just put in the cd and hit repeat. today, literally, i set up my laptop next to my bed, i am actually typing this note while i’m in bed. this keyboard is taking some getting used to, but it’s neat to be able to listen to music in my headphones and surf the net while in bed. i have a ton of ebooks and audiobooks that i can now simply listen to in bed rather than burning them to cd. i know what you mean by the headphones coming off while you sleep.
if you have an old laptop lying around you could do something similar. i use mediamonkey, but there are tons of free media players out there. you can get a wireless router pretty cheap these days. with a wireless router you can even set up your computer to display on your television.

I’m Alright
Life Less Ordinary

i mentioned ebooks, there are tons of great free ebooks out there, but it’s hard to find the time to read them all. if you get ultrahal or natural reader you can literally have your computer read them to you without straining your eyes.

I’m Alright
Life Less Ordinary

In response to harry815’s post:

I use audacity and mindjamz, they both work great

I also like sound with my affirmations, so I found some $1.00 CD’s at the Dollar Store and they have music like meditation stuff and I record my affirmations with them in the background.

Very relaxing and seems to be working. I use my Mp3 player and it has the option to repeat.

Yhani has some really good stuff out there and with a little research you can find cheap CD’s check the dollar stores and then just rip them onto your computer.

Thanks Gary for bring Mindjamz to the mix, I just took your survey.

Enjoy the day,
Bless you
Roxanne

Attitude Life Coach, helping others to see the Power of a Positive Attitude with Affirmations and Gratitudes, Learn to be The Creator of Your Life.

@ Roxanne, You are welcome =)

Pretty soon, you’ll be able to do all the stuff you mentioned right within your personal MindJamz interface.

No need for any other application or software, we want to create a personal affirmation station to make this daily practice easy, fun and sustainable.

If you have a great idea for a feature you’d like to see us add to MindJamz, simply request it at the “feature request” page within the interface and we’ll incorporate it to the re-design.

For example, You’ll be able to file share and search for music right in the interface. No more combining this with that, MindJamz will provide all you want in one place, and it’s online so it travel’s with you where ever you go. =)

Thank you for taking the survey, it’s your feedback that will make MindJamz one of the most productive affirmations tools available.

Thank you Roxanne =)

-Gary

I found the repeat button on my remote. Thanks guys. And GaryD, when is MindJamz going to be officially ready (past test mode)?

@harry815, the testing ends next week and our target date for beta 1.0 is around Christmas 2010 or earlier.

between the end of the testing and the beta release MindJamz can still be used by the testers while our engineers re-design and build the new code.

The beta 1.0 version won’t be launched really, it will be more of a soft release.

The big launch will come at the turn of the new year after we have completed contracts with our affiliates and distributors.

It’s really a great personal productivity tool.

B sure to request any features that you’d like to have available, you can request them at the ‘feature request’ tab after you’ve logged in to your mindjamz test account.

Stay cool harry,

-Gary D

Jump to Top ^^

To get the most out of the bmindful forum, please sign up or log in!

Related Content