login to bmindful Sign up for your FREE bmindful account!

To get the most out of the bmindful forum, please sign up or log in!

★I need a dose of gratitude!

I was just sitting there, worrying as usual about all my lofty ideas that I want to come true in the future, trying to plot plans of action, etc., when I realized I haven’t been grateful enough AT ALL recently. It can be very distracting, trying so hard to improve and working all the time to realize your dreams! What about all the projects I’ve already done to completion, or near completion? What about the things in my life that are going well all by themselves?
I’m scared that if I sit back and enjoy my good health and the great summer weather, that I’ll abandon all my other goals!
Really we are all so lucky, but we take it for granted.
It’s hard to say that in a way that doesn’t sound oversimplified or cliche.

Feeling gratitude is a great reality check and mood lifter I could not do without. It is imperitive to remember that it is as important to recognize and appreciate our talents & blessings as it is to breathe. What about it? Jan

In response to thebirds’s post:
thebirds…this is my favorite and most soul restoring subject.
When in doubt, worry or anxiety about anything, simply Let Go and Let God. Trying to force things to happen is like running on a hamster wheel – you simply exhaust yourself worrying about things that are beyond you control. Then write a gratitude list. Even when I am really down (which I am thankful is not too often these days with the help of this site!) I am amazed at how many things I can get onto a gratitude list….its the simplest things that we couldnt do without, like the clean fresh air that we breathe, the ability to see, move, work (yes, one must be grateful for the privelidge!) etc etc – these things we simply couldnt do without, yet we take for granted..
Soon you we see your worries diminish to nothing.
I always try to think of how life would be walking in someone else’s mocassins (someone less fortunate) and then come back to your own life and appreciate the wonderous things that are at my disposal.

Find Gratitude in all that you do, have and see. The list will be endless I promise you, and you will instantly feel lifted.

Remember also, with gratitude, you attract more of the same (law of attraction)….so instead of thinking ‘I hate my job, its boring’, think ‘I love my job, and my ability to complete all tasks of the day quickly, leaving me plenty of time to do other things’ The universe sees you like having plenty of ‘TIME’ and grants more. This TIME can pave the way for a better job, promotion or allow you to pursue other things to better yourself….do you see?????
Sorry if this example is not appropriate for your worries – I am simply using an example of how I have turned around my thinking using gratitude….AND IT REALLY WORKED!

A full and thankful heart..

Anoushka, Your way of affirming does work.
Someone told me to chant “ Why do I love my job ?” at least a 1000 times a day. I do chant it whenever I can and its bringing about a change in my attitude to my workplace.
Thing is by beginning with “Why” the tail-enders to any affirmation don’t surface. My mind was stumped by the question. The more I repeat it the mind actually looks for reasons to like my job.

Hi the birds….
I try to practice an attitude of gratitude each day….. sometimes I write it down, but my daily goal is to constantly be thinking gratitude… that certainly difuses any anger that comes my way….and it is a great mood lifter…. a recent example of being grateful was when my mom (84 years) got hood winked into overpaying for some renovation work…. my sister was horrified…. now I agree that it shouldn’t have happened but on the other hand…. I am grateful the amount charged wasn’t more, I am grateful she is alive and can live alone, I am grateful she is so loving and giving…. and when she apologised to me for spending that money, I told her she had need to apologise… I could just as easily have gotten mad at the contractor and at my sister for making mom feel bad but I have learned to realise that even in the worst situation there is a silver lining and therefore something to be grateful for… and the more grateful I am the faster I see my goals manifested… good luck with your goals and with being grateful…

wonderful thread (from 2010) !!!

I Am living a Divine plan

Good morning ((((the birds)))) I posted sum things under the happy meeting thread about gratitude just a FYI maybe I hope it may help you. Peace to u lol. Hugs. Jan

Have Faith
Give More
Expect Less
Be true to you :)

“Every struggle in your life has shaped you into the person you are today. Be thankful for the hard times, they can only make you
stronger!”

This is called a Gratitude letter you sit down and write it to someone who had a positive influence in your life. I just found this on my web site. It’s a good idea I think I will do this. You just make sure you write down what the person said or did and how it affected you.

You can keep it mail it or some experts say you can hand deliver it and read it to the person or even over the phone that’s a Gratitude visit.

I think this applies here having a Gratitude partner to bounce things off of each other to remind each other so to speak.

This is BY ABRAHAM HICKS A Rampage Appreciation exercise :

Begin by looking around your immediate environment and gently notice something that pleases you. Try to hold your attention on this pleasing object as you consider how wonderful, beautiful or useful it is. And as you focus upon it longer, your positive feelings will increase.

Now notice your improve feeling and be appreciative of the way you feel. Then, once your good feeling is noticeably stronger than when you began, look around your environment and choose another pleasing object for your positive attention.

PS/ I like this one I think I will start and use one of my many cactuses I love to grow them I have quite a few that are now big I don’t have a green thumb, lol so to speak, but have had luck with the cactus.

Lol. Hugs. Peace. Jan

Have Faith
Give More
Expect Less
Be true to you :)

“Every struggle in your life has shaped you into the person you are today. Be thankful for the hard times, they can only make you
stronger!”

Jump to Top ^^

To get the most out of the bmindful forum, please sign up or log in!

Related Content