login to bmindful Sign up for your FREE bmindful account!

To get the most out of the bmindful forum, please sign up or log in!

★ PARANOIA

Has anyone got any affirmations/ advice for paranoia? I over analyse everything and believe that people think im a terrible person for minor faux pas and everyday mistakes.

Interesting. If you are comfortable doing so, why not give an example or 2 of these types of minor mistakes in everyday life, and the people who feel compelled to criticize.

Here is something quite cute, and wonderful Sue just posted..thought you might like it

I AM
Peaceful:
Emotions, Sensations ,
& Feelings

You’ve probably heard “you are your own worst critic” but it is so true. We need to love ourselves and feel gratitude for whatever gifts and talents we have. We need to never linger in the past, mulling over the shoulda, coulda, wouldas. We do best when looking forward, making personal &/or material goals, planning and taking steps toward our goals, and seeking beauty and inspiration to immerse ourselves in &/or meditate on. One more very powerful thing is to do something for someone in need. These are a few things which have worked for me. Jan

Thankyou so much for your comments, jo.

Laurie, an example of me feeling paranoid after saying something negative/unnessary is me posting my “who cares about money?” thread yesterday on this site. Reading through it today i realise that i have picked out what i find to be a negative thing in bmindful just by reading afew things and have totally overgeneralised! Now i think people must think badly of me! Its a viscous circle of negative thinking, and i only realise after its too late.

In response to jo’s post:
i dont think badly of you jo and im sure others wont .I think its a sign of depression where our minds look for the things we can pick on.Please stay with us and you will find everyone so helpfull .Have you read any Louise Hay books ,she is amazing – she says – change your thoughts ,change your life ,and its so true but not easy at first .I’m learning to be gentler with myself as i used to verbally beat myself up a lot .Start listening to your thoughts as once you become aware you can start to change them .Good luck – you are amongst freinds ,love flowergirl

Yes, and thanks guys. Sometimes its hard to steer away from all or nothing thinking, but i know that if i do life will be so much easier and kinder.

In response to jo’s post:
Hi Jo and welcome to bmindful!
Believe in the goodness of your own heart and there wont be any reason for paranoia. Provided you know and justify how you feel is right, you wont be paranoid.
Do you often feel vicitimised? If so, you are in the right place to address these sorts of negative esteem issues. We are all here to help you overcome it – in fact we have probably all been there at some point.
Take care of yourself. Blessings, Anoushka

A full and thankful heart..

Hey Jo,

We all are flawless designs with purpose. Any present flaw is created by the individual and only the individual.

PLEASE READ WHAT YOU WROTE :

“Has anyone got any affirmations/ advice for paranoia? I over analyse everything and believe that people think im a terrible person for minor faux pas and everyday mistakes.”

You say, YOU BELIEVE people think you are a terrible person!!!

You claim, over analyzing everything!!!

Jo, you are creating your own paranoia with your very one thoughts and beliefs. Your paranoia has nothing to do with anyone else but you,

YOU WROTE:

“I over analyze everything and believe that people think I’m a terrible person for minor faux paus and everyday mistakes”

Jo, that’s an right there affirmation…it’s just an affirmation focused on WHAT YOU DON’T WANT and you don’t want to do that.

Our thinking creates our literal reality, there for…

Change what you said to….

“I accept everything that comes into my life and I’m grateful for every person I meet, everyone likes me.”

That’s saying what you wrote, but saying it with the perspective that creates the reality you WANT to experience.

—Just Add Confidence

Have the confidence to replace your old bad way of thinking with this good way of thinking about the same thing. This is your life, you are the one in control, these are your thoughts, and you are going to consciously and subconsciously be thinking these thoughts everyday for your whole life it only makes sense to do whatever it takes NOW, TODAY, to begin a train of thinking that is positive, supportive to your true desires, manifests joy, love and happiness and guides your personal growth through life in a positive direction.

You hold the ability to do this right now!

—Change your thoughts, change your life

Good old Dr. Wayne Dyer, the title I mean, that comes from Dr. Dyer.

If you are not familiar with Dr.Wayne Dyer, check him out www.drwaynedyer.com

Another great mentor is Deepak Chopra, www.chopra.com, I love his stuff.

There really are a bunch of great leaders that have a great understanding how we all are related to the universe and GOD, and what tools are available to us all to live the life we desire.

I recommend for now, Dr. Dyer and Dr. Chopra because they focus on the mind entering into the universe and manifesting into the literal reality.

Affirmations, are the training method used to repeat positive thoughts of empowerment, motivation and gratitude. They work every time with everyone, if done everyday for the rest of your life.

Affirmations will help replace your old way of thinking with a train of thought that supports your wants and happiness.

I know, sounds a little crazy, I thought the same thing, but I’ll tell you like I was told, “the hard road will always become easy, the easy road will always become harder.”

Basically, you just have to get started and once started focus on each day as it comes to you. Don’t worry about looking at a calendar and devoting the month of July, that’s the kiss of death. You are conditioning your thinking, you’ll be thinking everyday for the rest of your life, might as well be positive and empowering right, just deal with Friday, what are you doing today to practice affirmations?

You can read others, but use them as a guide to create custom affirmations for you and your thinking.

One way that I create affirmations for myself is, I write down everything that I’d like to change about myself and my life, and next to that write the polar opposite of that feeling, and turn that feeling into an affirmation.

There are plenty of different approaches to applying affirmations into your daily life, and you should have some fun trying different practices and even applying a couple different techniques at the same time.

— Wrapping it up…

Jo, you are the same as every other human being alive today and that has ever lived. You can do anything you want, look you are doing it right now!

You are thinking paranoia and you are getting paranoia!

Jo, I believe in you and I don’t even know you, but I do know that you are the same as me, and if I can change my thinking to better my quality of life, I know you can too.

You just have to get started, and remember what Dr. Martin Luther King Jr said…

“To take the first step in faith. You don’t have to see the whole staircase, just take the first step.”

You Can Do it Jo! =D

-Gary D
ps…
Ask questions! Talk with people, we all can learn so much from each other! Glad to have you here @ bmindful Jo, it’s a great place.

Jump to Top ^^

To get the most out of the bmindful forum, please sign up or log in!

Related Content