login to bmindful Sign up for your FREE bmindful account!

To get the most out of the bmindful forum, please sign up or log in!

★Conversations with our elders is like looking into the future...

History repeats it’s self, we all understand this.

The problem is that after something happens, the fixing begins and that itself is a problem. If we only fix the results and ignore the orientation, the door is left wide open for the same results to manifest again and again. The solution is to learn from the result and eliminate the problem at the creation point.

For us humans the creation point is our thinking.

But, we don’t know what we don’t know…I know, that’s why I believe that talking with our elders is like seeing into the future. I’d bet that there are people alive today that have experienced problems you and I are facing right now. Even if the elder didn’t over come the problem, the experience of the problem creates a complete comprehensive understanding in 3D if you will, and the answer to eliminate that problem from happening is realized. Remember that every problem has a solution, if it does not have a solution then it is not a problem.

I’ve been asked a million times and counting, how I have become aware of life so far past my years. I’m thritysomething and provide advice to people ranging from ages 6 to 60 and get everyone inline with their universe, fast, fun and easily.

I believe this conscious comprehensive understanding I have developed over the years, comes from 20 years spent growing up by my fathers side. I hung out with him and his friends like most kids hang with peers of their own age, and my fathers friends always treated me with respect, respected my opinion and always was interested in what I had to say. And, in turn I was interested in what they all had to say and still do. I’ve built my understanding of life by way of experience, mine and through my elders.

This is why I say that conversations with our elders is like looking into the future, because history repeats itself, and if we find people that have experience with a problem you are facing today, then you can learn from that experience and actually be in position to beat hind sight and achieve.

When you find yourself in a situation where you are in the company of an elder, ask one simple question…

“Have you ever experienced__(YOU FILL IN THE BLANK)___ “

Just fill in the blank with any problem that you are facing in your life at that time. I remember one time I was on BART passing through the Bay Area, San Francisco bound I had a good 30 minutes on the train.
When I entered the train from the Bay Fair platform, first I looked for an empty area when I could have some privacy but quickly reminded myself that this could be an opportunity to learn something of great value. That’s when I saw Mr. Ernie Bourdine. He sat in the center of the train, back to the doors, he was a little slunched over most of his weight rested on an oak cain. He wore a sweat warriors hat, blue jeans, sneakers and a Nike golf shirt.

I sat in the seats across from Mr. Bourdine.

The train pulled away from the station, immediately Mr. Bourdine speaks out to me.

“Where ya headed young man?” Bourdine gently shouts.

“The City” Responds Gary.

“The City?, We pass though 6 by line end where is your destination son?”
Bourdine laughing.

“I’m headed to San Francisco” Gary answers.

“San Francisco!” Replies Bourdine, “Gotta see a man about a horse huh?”

“Something like that” says Gary.

This is when I realized my moment, I physically froze, my mind raced like a hardrive computing millions of bytes of information and then I spoke…” Have you ever experienced interviewing for a job you’re not qualified for, but you need?”

It was like the heavens opened up and the hand of God reached out into the BART TRAIN, Mr. Bourdine was so ready to preach.

“Have I?, Son, I can tell you this, I am 72 years old and I have not punched a clock for 50 years.”

Gary asks, “So you’re an entrepreneur then?”

“That’s right, and in my day I have worked hundreds of different temp jobs to keep things moving, married a wonderful woman and raised a great family.” answers Bourdine.

“I am interviewing today, got any advice?” Gary asks.

“Don’t need it” Mr. Bourdine shortly answers.

DONT?” Gary exclaims.

“Don’t need it and it will come to you. It’s called the Law of Detachment. Want it and it will come to you, that is the Law of Attraction… You got about ten minutes before reaching San Francisco, sit back, close your eyes and feel wanting it, see having it and be thankful it is yours.” Said Mr. Bourdine.

And it was those words on that San Francisco BART train that changed my life forever. I was put on a journey that I continue to explore today, educating myself on this universal laws, our connection to the universe, how we can manipulate and guide our experience how we personally see fit… and sharing what I learn with who ever wants to listen.

I sat back and closed my eyes. Mr. Bourdine spoke to me, softly, guiding me into this meditation. I saw myself at the interview and I saw myself employed…By the end of the interview I was hired.

Lets all look for a moment like mine with Mr. Bourdine, and share it with us all here.

Live well,

Gary

In response to GaryD’s post:
Great and useful story Gary! Thank you(:

I AM
Peaceful:
Emotions, Sensations ,
& Feelings

Jump to Top ^^

To get the most out of the bmindful forum, please sign up or log in!

Related Content