login to bmindful Sign up for your FREE bmindful account!

To get the most out of the bmindful forum, please sign up or log in!

- -Happiness meeting 05/25/2022: The Illumination of Understanding

Welcome All to our latest edition of the Happiness meeting.

I normally open most happiness meetings by offering the topic, something desirable, followed by intentions that are related to the topic and an intro w/ context.

In this meeting, we are being offered a provocative topic: The Illumination of Understanding. 

In this meeting, I'm changing things up and I don't have  specific intentions, but rather approach this as the mystery of Understanding is revealed slowly as our life unfolds. 

As I begin to focus on this broad topic, the illumination of understanding, I feel like this meeting, and its relevance needs to come to me.

For me, this is going to be a Happiness meeting that's an on-going work in process, as I keep a notion of holding my consciousness on the mindset of the topic. Like planting any new seed, I look forward to grow, exponentially.

I gather my Will, and I embrace both  the opportunity for new growth as well as the bounty and sustenance of this meeting, as I Will for the wideness of its subtlety and its quality, to come to me.

I expect to learn as I encounter harmony, disharmony and attunement as my experience unfolds and I invite the perceiver in my Spirit to connect with the perception of my soul into my body/mind, by means of refined attunement of energy, harmony and  an awareness of attracting understanding.

Today is going to be loaded w/ healing geared towards self care!  

I attract miracles and w/ love and w/ gratitude, I AM a miracle and I connect w/ new energy and new perceptions instantly!

Previous Happiness Meeting Link

Happiness Meeting 05/16/22 :Floating Enjoying Being

Recent Happiness Meeting Link

Happiness Meeting 5/8/22: Unforeseen Treasures

Recent Happiness Meeting LINK  

HAPPINESS MTG/04-23-22 Inner Peace , Self Love & Self Care

Recent Happiness Meeting Link

4/11/22: You're MORE than you know

Recent HAPPINESS MEETING

Happiness meeting: 4/3/22 Frugal,functional&dynamic RAMP UP!

RECENT  Happiness Meeting Link:

3/20/22: Your Evolving Self: Filtering energy and Synthesizing New Growth

Recent Happiness Meeting Link:

Happiness Mtg:pg1 It’s Okay To Love Your Journey 3/10/22 (join in anytime)

Earlier Happiness Mtg.

2/23/22:AllowingAnsweredPrayers

Link

2/13/22: A Meaningful Life: purpose, meaningfulness and higher power

Link

• 02/02/2022:  Authenticity, Heart and Spirit place.
  • 01/09/2022:  In reverence to the Mysteries of Life.
  • 01/16/2021:  Are you really listening?
  • 12/12/2021:  Journey of soulful rebirth: Your sanctuary. Your Self.
  • 11/03/2021:  Nurturing New Dimensions in Wisdom.
  • 11/18/2021:  Divinely inspired Self Care.
  • 10/12/2021:  Soul voyager: Spiritual attunement, responding to deep changes and the cultivation of Spiritual Health.
  • 10/22/2021: Continuity and Change:  Dancing the Dance of Inner Peace.
  • 08/23/2021:  Ownership of our Energy
  • 07/22/2021:  Acute Self Care
  • 05/20/2021:  Awakening the Divine within.

“Radical Acceptance is the ability to face hardships with greater love and deeper awareness.
Contemplation shapes radical acceptance as a way to choose love and peace over anger and despair.
Begin by finding this within ourselves before helping others.

This meeting is now open to all.

This meeting is very different. This topic is more than conceptual.

All of the happiness meetings are meant to be experiential and transformational.

This meeting involves an awareness of our energy and we are exploring the many multitude of ways that we can raise or channel our energy in ways to help us adapt to and respond to the need for change.

With all of intentions and work in these happiness meetings, we are here to live in peace, move and have our Being.

“Radical Acceptance is the ability to face hardships with greater love and deeper awareness.
Contemplation shapes radical acceptance as a way to choose love and peace over anger and despair.

308135_270238759678387_201508769884720_683415_1860411879_n.jpg

My definition of greatness

is to be greater than your environment,

to be greater than your body,

and to be greater than time.

And if you do, you will be great.

I mean, that’s it!” – Dr. Joe Dispenza

8bb4d42fe9d00c863132e6a72b1b3be1--healing-quotes-spiritual-quotes.jpg

424cac7cdc3ed9b75550e92986bc5fa6.jpg

inspirational-spiritual-quotes45.jpg

• LIVING TODAY Yesterday is gone, tomorrow has not arrived, but today I am living in an eternal present filled with an everlasting good. There is nothing unhappy or morbid that can remain in my consciousness. I no longer have any fear of yesterday nor do I anticipate tomorrow with anything other than enthusiastic expectation. Everything that was good in yesterday shall perpetuate itself in my experience. Everything good in today shall create my future. Therefore I have no fear either in looking forward or backward but realize the eternal day in which I now live. In this day there is no fear, no lack, no want, no doubt, no misunderstanding, no uncertainty. Today is big with hope fulfilled, with love and life well lived. Tomorrow will provide its own blessings. Ernest Holmes

The Illumination of Understanding

This thread, to me, is about letting go of labels and what we believe we know. It is about allowing the space for the more 

we tend to keep saying we are after.

Having patience with the ongoing uncertainty provides a certainty . It is like knowing you are on your way and knowing you will never be done 

though you know that you know 

that you are right where you are supposed to be in that moment 

until the next moment sheds light on some other aspect of the kaleidoscope of life’s exponential experiences.

time for sleep… will edit and expound … tomorrow.

Creating Some Focus Questions For Your Consideration  

1. As information has come your way and feelings arise … what do you tend to do? Don’t overthink what you think I am meaning… Just allow what comes up for you and write what you would like about this. ( think of this as a writing prompt to take you anywhere it may take you)
  2. Lately what have you learned about your own inspired action? What is the energy that is pulling you forward that seems to illuminate your understanding of your  authentic identity? What has come up about your life and the energy of your purpose?
  3. Please read the following quote and share how you feel about it in regard to this Happiness Meeting topic 

✿ quote  Your real enemies are the self-defeating thoughts, paltry expectations, and beliefs that you must live at less than full throttle. You will experience as much pain as you are willing to accept. You do have control over how much you hurt. Pain happens; suffering is optional. You can choose thoughts that bring you relief rather than imprisonment. To find your freedom, stand at the doorway of your mind and monitor your thoughts. Notice which ones lift you and which ones drag you down. Then, like a bouncer at an exclusive party, admit only those on the invitation list and send the others back where they came from. Fate is not a net cast over you by capricious fortune; it is a garden you cultivate by the thoughts you attend to. Shift your attention and you will shift your life.  Alan Cohen from his book Why Your Life Sucks And What You Can Do About It 

In response to ♡ ˚quality-self care-time's post:

As information has come my way and feelings arise … what do I tend to do?

When I read my own prompt of a question, I breathe deeply and feel peaceful and comforted.

1. I listen to my feelings. I ask where does it hurt? Where do you feel peace? I allow my feelings all of them, and don’t label or decipher . I can feel, and that is sufficient. 
    I can feel my life, and who has touched my life. I feel gratitude and grace for the life I have been privileged to have. I don’t have to have had a perfect life to feel this profound passage… because it is always perfection to me.  Who am I not to experience hardship? Who am I not to experience gifts of a life time, like everyone I have known both and grateful for a life well lived. 
    I of course do get in my way and start thinking…. It’s best I don’t. Because thoughts often lead to why did this have to happen? Why wasn’t I able to prevent this or that? If I just allow and feel , I can feel my spiritual journey of the blessed life I have had.

Lately what have I learned about my  own inspired action?

For me to do the many things Or even the few valued things I do daily… I allow the very reasons of my heart to surface.

What has come up about my life and the energy of my purpose?

My life is freeing itself and understanding the love I AM and have allowed in my world for myself and my most treasured relationships.

to be continued.

In reference to this quote:

quote  Your real enemies are the self-defeating thoughts, paltry expectations, and beliefs that you must live at less than full throttle. You will experience as much pain as you are willing to accept. You do have control over how much you hurt. Pain happens; suffering is optional. You can choose thoughts that bring you relief rather than imprisonment. To find your freedom, stand at the doorway of your mind and monitor your thoughts. Notice which ones lift you and which ones drag you down. Then, like a bouncer at an exclusive party, admit only those on the invitation list and send the others back where they came from. Fate is not a net cast over you by capricious fortune; it is a garden you cultivate by the thoughts you attend to. Shift your attention and you will shift your life.  Alan Cohen from his book Why Your Life Sucks And What You Can Do About It 

I would like to speak to this quote in reference to

my grief recovery.

Grief is not something you can …  I am going to stop myself from reinventing the wheel…I just posted something the other day which responds to this:

I allow my feelings…

all of them.

I allow myself time to grieve and that is good.

One might say, good????  You have had the worst thing ever happen in your world.

I would have to agree, it is absolutely one of the worst things ever … Though the God which exceeds my understanding is making sure I am getting various needs met in amazing ways , and letting me know I am not alone.

Do I cry? Of course. Do I have a lot that comes up… ? Absolutely! Though I had a person in my life which was the epitome of a beautiful family and absolutely best friend to me.
I dislike more than I can say his absence, though grateful he was truly WITH me as long as I was privileged to have him.
Now somehow… with God’s unwavering direction … I will allow myself to be ok 1 day at a time.

Grief is a peculiar thing. You can’t tell it what to do. You can’t fight with it or give it suggestions for change. You can allow yourself to know how fortunate you are… and learn from

everyday lessons. You can use your tools and know all is working in your behalf for the most benevolent outcome.

—-/-

Now I will add to this… 

I of course use other tools besides allowing. Though that is where it begins. Stuffing emotions does not work.

Honoring emotions is what works.

And the more I do, the more illuminated my understanding becomes , because I am not my emotions….

Witnessing what comes up is a precious honor to me. I do not have to fight feelings or dance with them… I allow them to visit and I make friends with them. I want to know why they are here, and if they are part of a much larger picture. They always are, so this is why standing back and not over analyzing is so important yo me. It is part of my kaleidoscope of being, and I respect all of the colors and the way they glisten or throw a wrench in my moment. Even the broken pieces are part of a much bigger whole that keeps revealing itself if I stay out of the way. Thank you God. 

Matt Kahn says:

Surrender is a willingness to become unstuck.

All too often, the barrier to such clarity, peace, and freedom is an attachment to things looking or acting in a specific way.

While it is wonderful when the inevitabilities of life match our deepest desires, we are not meeting each moment in freedom when we need it to exist solely on our personal terms and conditions.Source

Matt Kahn:

No matter what occurs, loss is not anything to fix. It is something we survive.Source

"When you are sorrowful look again in your heart,

and you shall see that in truth you are weeping

for that which has been your delight." ~ Khalil Gibran

DSCF0259.JPG

Related image

Image result for harold becker quote pics love kindness

Affirmations 

• Today I allow my best self to be present all day.
  • Today I create order wherever it will create more ease in my world.
  • I Am alignment and I allow my energy  to be magnificent.
  • Today I believe in my power to make what I need better.
  • I Am now ready and I create with unified harmonious positive energy.
  • Today I am going to give in to the temptation to succeed where it truly matters to me.
  • I surrender completely to this fresh new moment

inspirational-spiritual-quotes45.jpg

What has come up about my life and the energy of my purpose?

My purpose has always been ❤️ love.

I went to school and got my pieces of paper along the way, though the best thing I ever gained was never in a text book or at a job… It was in loving … And growing thru love.

Thank You Oh Thank you Thank you.

In response to Joy Grows here's post:

love the  intro !

I expect to learn as I encounter - harmony and disharmony as I learn that and then invite the perceiver in my Spirit to connect with the perception of my soul into my body/mind, by means of understanding.

absolutely!

this meeting involves an awareness of our energy fields. 

Good Affirmation for Identity can possibly be best said by Ernest Holmes:

I am a gift. The very fact that I exist suggests I have something to do here that can only be done by me.I am a necessary ingredient in the world at this time. I feel my willingness to discover my unique talents and bring them forward for all to see and benefit by.Today my heart’s desires take shape and surround me. Ernest Holmes

• an affirmation which helps to depict identity for me is written by Ernest Holmes:
    PERSONALITY
    Today I express myself, believing that there is a Presence hidden within me which is both the Reality of my true being and the Presence of God. I consciously unite my personal self and all of its actions with this over-dwelling and indwelling Reality. I know that the vitality of the living Spirit flows through my personality, invigorating it. I know that all of the warmth and color and beauty that is there pours through it. I do not deny my personality, rather I affirm that all of its impulsions and actions flow from a greater Source, the true Reality of the living Self, the Presence of God in me as what I am; and does reveal to me the same Reality in others, the same exalted Divinity manifesting Itself through the innumerable faces of humanity.✰。˚ ˚ღ。 ˛˚ 。✰˚* ˚ ★ღ ˚ 。✰
  • 086ee73d54fd8e01fa23afc7c0b0de6b.jpg

I let go of my limitations and I allow myself to be me

I let go of my limitations and I allow myself to be more than me… I AM richly blessed.

I see the bigger picture for my daily life tasks

I see the bigger picture for my life’s purpose

I see the bigger picture for anything I am needing to see the bigger picture for

• I can tell easily:
  • how much love I am filled with
  • how I enjoy being around others who walk a life of knowing they are love and peace
  • how to allow a day be filled with kindness and compassion 

Knowing these things helps my moment by moment 

Illumination of Understanding

Because you cannot force good things.

You simply allow

You step back to acknowledge while all continues to be revealed

I am so grateful for the love, peace of those that I get to experience 

I am so blessed and thankful for those  who are filled with generosity and ease 

I will take things easy and slow today

I will be grateful 

I will know how fortunate I have been and AM

I cannot do this life alone

and while I so miss doing this life with my husband… I have not been left 

alone

i have gentle spiritual people who are invested in me

I have my memories of a love that will keep me warm for the rest of my life

It is up to me if I let what isn’t here anymore torment me or give me grace

I choose grace 

I choose gratitude 

I choose self compassion 

I choose self care

In response to ♡ ˚clear path's post:

Beautiful

Anything that anyone gives attention to, becomes true

In response to Mr Brightside's post:

Thank you Mr. Brightside (:

9a55933547214bb6bfd5d86ebc3e05a0--from-a-distance-eckhart-tolle.jpg

5eb92a197866747ad799e9882f7d9b1e--yellow-quotes-pink-yellow.jpg

8a5b871356b75fbb0d9ed505bdf94ba4--spiritual-teachers-matt.jpg

Affirmations are beyond beautiful and awesome. In my opinion, they cannot be without surrendering and faithful prayer.

All else is a temporary fix, and sometimes a long beautiful temporary. 
It is valuable to know how much power we do have, and it’s also the most precious gem to know the power in powerlessness, and that is where surrendering comes in. 

In my view, life feels doable and sometimes not, though recognizing that we are human begins the journey of journeys. 
we learn when to ask for help and not to settle for what doesn’t work. It also means to not be open to ‘everything’ , though to be open to a life that has things to offer that we have closed an eye or 2 for awhile.

Enjoy what God has given you and what God has not given you.

Appreciate what has never been stifling and frees your soul to be who you are and grow with that authenticity.

Always continue the climb. It is possible for you to do whatever you choose, if you first get to know who you are and are willing to work with a power that is greater than ourselves to do it. - Ella Wheeler Wilcox.

In response to ♡ ˚Clarity About What Matters's post:

Powerful. Thanks for sharing

Anything that anyone gives attention to, becomes true

What do I want to say, my current thought is I will be visiting and posting to this thread periodically.

I hope this thread doesn't get shuffled back like many threads do, someone will bring it current again I think.

The illumination of understanding, could be the title of a book, because the word itself "understanding" is regardless of how many letters one of the biggest words to ponder. Perhaps a relative or friend to this word is perspective, though understanding is much broader, and vast.

Alright that's it for now, wait a minute a few more thoughts. The word introspection fits with this topic, the concept of ones personal inventory is another thought. If you think of the human condition being like a business any business the corner store even, one of the factors the makes a successful business is taking occasional inventory, I think the same idea is a good for an individual. This line of thinking comes from AA Bill Wilson wrote "a business that doesn't take inventory usually doesn't last" or something to that affect. I sort of use understanding as I live life a day at a time, for a useful purpose in that I find the more I try to understand the less I have to forgive

Like that saying "an once of understanding is worth more than a pound of forgiveness"that being a spontaneous quote that I believe I just created. Anyway I'm rambling.

Once you get to know Twain, you’ll never be the same.

In response to Unknownjerome's post: Some thoughts they don't teach in college, like much of the stuff from the UOB university of bmindful.

In response to Mr Brightside's post: In response to Unknownjerome's post: In response to Stillness's post

Wow, so awesome to see you all here!

And threads can come to the surface as often as you post and bookmark.

visit often and

enjoy enjoy enjoy (:

As a new day is coming… I ask myself where is my time really best spent?

I can feel indecisive if I want to, or I can choose what I really am needing in the most helpful ways.

It isn’t about what others are doing for themselves or not.

It isn’t about times when I did things better or not as well.

It is about my now … my illumination of understanding knows.

I stay close to what I am allowing myself to know.

I stay open to what I am needing space to continue learning.

It is always about space for continuous learning. And it is also about utilizing what we know we are learning that works.

When things are questionable, it is an opportunity to let go some more

selfcare

In response to Unknownjerome's post:

I enjoyed reading your post. I'm grateful for all you shared!

Loved UOB!!

Here's a quote I just thought of, "One aspect of "understanding" is the capacity to listen to or read something, and discern accurately the context of what the person or writer is saying. Understanding quotes and the intended meaning is a skill , because many things not pondered sufficiently are received out of context.

There is a horse from California called Disguysthelimit a play on words the sky is the limit.
yadayadayada

In response to rational inquirer's post:

SO TRUE!

CONTEXT is an awesome topic. 

So important with all forms of communication.

This would make a good topic for next Happiness Meeting. What do you think?

Another thought about understanding, you ever notice when people including myself don't quite understand something, it simply makes me mad or annoyed when Idon't understand something. 

A classic example could be when a car drives by and for some reason the driver has to share what he thinks is enjoyable music with the entire neighborhood, he's clueless that many get swish for a rocket launcher or rearrange the cars  antenna. 

It could be anything, not understanding it's purpose kind of create anger in most people  

In other words the equation is "I understand that no anxiety or wtf = furled brow"

“To boldly and or vulnerably go where no one has gone before”

In response to Darthinvadher's post:While I do not enjoy other peoples loud music and cannot understand why others don’t care when they do that… no excuse (:

In communication:

I may be not the norm, though in communication, I don’t get mad when I don’t understand what others may mean if I don’t get it. I rarely assume I do(:

It is work to hear what others are saying. We may use the same language, though to understand, it takes clarification, patience and detachment with love.

One can have great insight into others by knowing them or being similar in experience, though it takes investment into another to hear them well. That’s been my experience.

I love knowing I don’t understand.
That opens the door to asking questions and remembering others are not an extension of myself.

Forgetting this makes me lose sight of another.

Too many assumptions going on in communication. 

I love it when I am really hearing someone.

Though it takes another person to validate this.

Otherwise I may forget what I just said about not allowing another to be extension of myself.

Otherwise I may  think I have understood. perfectly well(:

I am just saying I try to leave room to hear what it is the points others are saying that are important to them not just to me(:

Thats where that wonderful quote you share cones as a good reminder with 4 agreements 

The single biggest problem in communication is the illusion that it has taken place. – George Bernard Shaw

In response to ♡ ˚Forever Amazed & Appreciating's post:I get what your saying, though I was speaking in very general terms, not only human relations. An example could be I don't understand how how the sun is going to continue to do it's shining for another four billion years without blinking or refueling, though not the best example because I just file that in the phenomenon file.

“To boldly and or vulnerably go where no one has gone before”

In response to Darthinvadher's post:

sorry, I just started enjoying the topic. I love the topic of context.

and it’s true the part I most understood and related to were individuals who play their car radio too loud, annoying!!!(:

In response to Darthinvadher's post:

(: smiling at your phenomenon file (:

Considering posting a poem on this word understanding, stay tuned more news at 11 as they say.

Since meeting was created 4 months ago I have been learning so much.

I have been doing a lot of inner work and I was wanting authentic synchronization b/t my inner and outer self... I didn't know how fast and expeditious my request was. It took me several weeks to realize that I, in my consciousness, is whats been slow and sluggish. I had a new perception that the entire universe loves me and supports me and my entire existance.

All I ever needed to do was ask! Ask away, ask for anything and everything.

I looked at the places in my life that lacked peace, hope and love...

A broken heart is an open heart. 

I choose to be bathed in peace. 

I surrender all. 

I seek God's peace in every part of myself, in my thoughts, words and actions.

Love your thoughts! 
Love your affirmation thoughts too(:

In response to ♡ ˚Breathing & Loving More Easily's post:

Thanks!

In surrender I chose complete acceptance.

Beautiful! 
Surrender

Allowing acceptance 

Believing in the Now of letting go beyond self

Amen

these quotes resonated with me and reminded me of your inspirational focus

Accept yourself, love yourself, and keep moving forward. If you want to fly, you have to give up what weighs you down.”
― Roy T. Bennett

“You only struggle because you’re ready to grow but aren’t willing to let go.”

Why let go of yesterday? Because yesterday has already let go of you.
– Steve Maraboli

We keep ourselves so tied up in regretting the past and fearing the future that we don’t have any energy left to figure out who we are and what we want to create right now.”
– Gay Hendrix

Jump to Top ^^

To get the most out of the bmindful forum, please sign up or log in!

Related Content