login to bmindful Sign up for your FREE bmindful account!

To get the most out of the bmindful forum, please sign up or log in!

Enjoyable Movies in 2009

This might be a good place for movie reviews. I just got home from seeing Gran Torino with Clint Eastwood. I really enjoyed it. I went with no expectations and just went with the flow. Because it is a new picture I won’t say too much about it. Anyone else see it? Any other movies out there now, that you liked very much and would recommend?

I AM
Peaceful:
Emotions, Sensations ,
& Feelings

I saw Gran Torino too. I thought it was pretty good. Hard to beat Unforgiven though in my book. One of the absolute best movies ever made.

All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us.
— Gandalf, J.R.R. Tolkien
I’m Alright
Life Less Ordinary

Goodbye Bafana
Based on the memoirs of Nelson Mandela’s prison guard
Plot:GOODBYE BAFANA is the true story of a white South African racist whose life was profoundly altered by the black prisoner he guarded for twenty years. The prisoner’s name was Nelson Mandela
Its Excellent

Love Life
Sue

Yesterdays Children

‘Yesterday’s Children’, is auto-biographical, and describes the author’s extraordinary life story. Ever since her early childhood, Jenny experienced vivid memories of a previous life. During her earliest years as a child, she took it for granted that the rest of us all experience similar memories! It was a shock to discover that her experiences were far from common. Yet they seemed so real that they became a driving force in her life.

Many people claim to have had previous lives. Perhaps what makes Jenny’s story so different, and so interesting, is that she set out to try and prove it. Her memories were vivid and detailed enough to piece together a profile of her previous incarnation. She managed to use that profile, together with the many recollections of time and place, to track down the family from her previous life. Hence the title of the book; ‘Yesterday’s Children’.

Jenny Cockell writes with a certain intensity and purpose. She is absolutely convinced of the veracity of her claims, and that she has lived before. Indeed, she has experienced recollections from other lives further back in time; ones that are less easy to establish as factual. Nevertheless, her commitment to coming to terms with this aspect of her life gives the story a feeling of authenticity. Not only that, but the remarkable passage of events that leads her to meet ‘her’ children (themselves now somewhat elderly) is a fascinating account. She tells it well, particularly when working through the many emotional aspects of the story.

Love Life
Sue

I saw Slumdog Millionaire last night. It’s worth seeing, not exactly a feel-good flick because of the harsh realities of children living in Mumbai’s slums, but is interesting, has some laughs and love prevails in the end. The main characters are honest and beautiful, with plenty of villans and arseholes thrown in the mix. 4 stars.

“Even if you’re on the right track – you’ll get run over if you just sit there” Will Rogers

Ah a friend told me about that one the other day :o)) I will watch it.

Love Life
Sue

Hi All,

We saw Frost/Nixon at an advance screening on Wednesday and were really impressed. I thought it would be boring but it kept us gripped the whole time. Very good, very interesting, very entertaining.

B

It’s been 35c here for three days now, so we escaped to the cinema yesterday.

We saw Revolutionary Road and it was incredible!

Directed and produced by Sam Mendes (Road to Perdition and American Beauty) and staring Leonardo Dicaprio and Kate Winslet. Based on a novel by Richard Yates.

IMDB describes the plot as “A young couple living in a Connecticut suburb during the mid-1950s struggle to come to terms with their personal problems while trying to raise their two children.” but this is obviously just the beginning.

This isn’t a feel good movie so you won’t come away glowing on the inside, instead you’ll leave the cinema contemplative, thinking about your dreams and aspirations, and might leave you questioning what role they’re really playing in your life.

Absolutely worth seeing! Recommended!

“How easy it is in our life, to miss what’s being offered.” — Paul Haller

Last month I saw Australia and loved every minute of it. People I know that have seen it also really liked it but many I know have stayed away because of the many critical reviews it received. So you know, me and Oprah say go and see this movie because it really is a beautiful picture, a good story, sure it has loads of cliques but sometimes it’s nice to have a little escapism. And this is coming from me who usually goes for dark, deep and meaningful subtitled films! And I cried heaps through it too, I love movies that make me cry :)

“Even if you’re on the right track – you’ll get run over if you just sit there” Will Rogers

In response to Lee Nutter’s post:
Can’t wait to see Revolutionary Road!

I AM
Peaceful:
Emotions, Sensations ,
& Feelings

In response to Sue’s post:
How did I miss this! I’ll have to see this as soon as it comes out!

“How easy it is in our life, to miss what’s being offered.” — Paul Haller

It is now 2012. Time to update this thread.

Well, I just got back from “Hunger Games”, which I had never even heard of until two days ago and I REALLY liked it. Makes me want to read the book(s)? Anyway, saw some excellent previews. Should be a good summer for movies. Avengers, Lincoln: Vampire Slayer, and Snow White & The Huntsman all look promising. On the down side, there is another Twilight movie. Anyone heard anything about The Hobbit?

More on “Hunger Games”: I may read the books. I was pleasantly surprised by this movie. Lots of sociological, psychological, personal and political meat to chew on and the backdrop on which all of this is set is, if not completely original, (what is?), fresh.

I downloaded this book a while back just ‘cause, and thought to myself, “I’ll bet this is ridiculous drive”, but, then I saw the movie preview and it looked interesting. I am hopeful.

I like the casting on this, so, again I am hopeful. I liked the casting on X-Men also, but that left me wanting. I know, easy to criticize, but these movies have multi-million dollar budgets so…

The casting on this one bugs me. What were they thinking? The movie-trailer gave me hope though. (First time I ever even heard of this was the movie trailer for it.)

I’m Alright
Life Less Ordinary

Here is a must see movie.

And that made me think of “Into the Wild”, a wonderful book that was made into a movie.

I’m Alright
Life Less Ordinary

Just saw Machine Gun Preacher. A must watch movie. Don’t read any reviews. Don’t read the jacket. Just go get it and watch it.

I’m Alright
Life Less Ordinary

Love Eastwood,saw gran torino a while ago,not bad as a self appointed movie critic on a four star scale I,d give it a 2.5 one of my favorite eastwood movies was made in 1973 with jessica walter called(Play misty for me)Filmed on the monteray coast.I haven,t seen a quality movie since maybe 1990.Except for Deniro and Billy Crystal in ( Analize This)a great comedy and another less publisized movie called(Whatever works)another humourous comedy 3.5 and 3 stars repectively.

Once you get to know Twain, you’ll never be the same.

Ever seen Eraserhead? David Lynch is one sick puppy. Watch it if you want to feel like you are covered with a depressing blanket of gross.

I’m Alright
Life Less Ordinary

The Best Exotic Marigold Hotel

This film is fantastic ,funny,sad,and touches on so many emotions .
love Flowergirl

Sorry cookieman forgot to link it properly

I’m going to come over to England and dump a whole bucket of flowers on your head!

I’m Alright
Life Less Ordinary

that is so kind – I like flowers in my hair !!!!

Sorry to be such a dinosuar ,what thread was it on where you explained how to link ,

Jump to Top ^^

To get the most out of the bmindful forum, please sign up or log in!

Related Content