login to bmindful Sign up for your FREE bmindful account!

To get the most out of the bmindful forum, please sign up or log in!

WINTER'21★★NEWEST★★ Healthy Foods-Pg1˚StockingFridge/Pantry&More

date created 01-08-21 last edited 03-11-21

teapot-3748995_960_720.png
intro post 

One wonderful thing that has occurred during the past year is more health consciousness. This thread will focus on (mostly)inexpensive foods you may want to keep in your pantry and some thoughts on why... besides that they taste so good. Feel free to add recipes and seasonings which add to loving the food you will eat.

(doesn't have to be only food stored in pantry)

Foodie Inspiration Thread

Food For Thought Hydrate Ease&Enjoy

Beverages

Any Tea Drinkers?

tee-1740871_960_720.jpg

Hydrate

1-11-water-bottle-pouring.jpg

ed897fc1c84293b7c1fdac8e50cc3db4.jpg

→   My immune system is strong and I am healthy and whole.

→   I accept and allow optimum health in my life now.

→   I love getting enough rest and I do this so well!!

→   I create delicious meals which always manifest for me as perfect health! I am awesome at this!

→   I love getting enough rest and I do this so well!!

→   My physical fitness clearly shows that I have a fitness regimen.

→   I find it easy to nourish and replenish my body and drink lots of water

→   I drink large amounts of thirst quenching water every day.

Resources You May Enjoy:

WHF (World’s Healthiest Foods)

• As you post, I will add it to a table of contents of sorts 

Post 1:

Grain Or Is It?

Grains

Post 2

Beans

Post 3

Oils,Condiments and Seasonings

4-herbs-and-spices.jpgavocado-1844894_960_720.jpg

spice-370114_960_720.jpg

Post 4

AFFIRMATIONS

♥~✧ॐ♥~✧ॐ♥~✧ॐ♥~✧ॐ♥~✧ॐ♥~✧ॐ♥~✧ॐ♥

I experience life as a joyous dance.

♥~✧ॐ♥~✧ॐ♥~✧ॐ♥~✧ॐ♥~✧ॐ♥~✧ॐ♥~✧ॐ♥

Why Be Healthy? (List of 22)

My definition of greatness

is to be greater than your environment,

to be greater than your body,

and to be greater than time.

And if you do, you will be great.

I mean, that’s it!” – Dr. Joe Dispenza

post 1
Grain Or Is It?

Buckwheat

Article by Andrew Weil, M.D.

Grains:

Quinoa 

Article

Spelt

8 Surprising Benefits Of SpeltArticle 

To Be Continued:

post 2
Beans And Peas

Beans

Related Thread

Vegetables

herb-5217978_960_720.pngpimento-2031006__340.pngtomato-1987357__340.png____________Gree_4b63ed5b638b1.gif

post 3
Oils,Condiments and Seasonings 

antipasti-1344388__340.jpg

olive-oil-1596639_960_720.jpg

food-3062139_960_720.jpg

alternative-906138_960_720.jpg

• post 4
      FOR
      THE HEALTH OF IT – AFFIRMATIONS

►•I listen to my body and heed its needs.
      ►•I thank my body for my continued well-being.
      ►•I send love and appreciation to all the cells of my body.
      ►•My body maintains itself in perfect health.
      ►•My whole body vibrates with optimum health and energy.
      ►•My body thanks me for looking after it.
    •  “The few things that work fantastically well should be identified, cultivated, nurtured, and multiplied.” [Richard Koch is a former management consultant,entrepreneur, and

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
  • ** ☼ ►•My list below comes from something called “ How to Have a Healthy Lifestyle with a Busy Schedule” by Sabrina Ryan and Anne Kowlaski, OCPA, Spring 2009
  • ** So Why Be Healthy?

22 REASONS WHY.
1. Vitality
2. An abundance of energy
to do everything you want to do
3. Happiness
4. Love and closeness with others
5. Satisfaction and fulfillment in life
6. Healing symptoms and disease
7. Symptoms and disease going way
8. Relief from the suffering that goes with the symptoms of disease.
9. Inner Peace
10. Being symptom and disease free
11. Mental focus, memory, and clarity (no brain fog)
12. Being awake and fully alive everyday (not dragging through stuff and surviving)
13. Being present and having the ability to be with people.
14. No worry or fear.
15. Being confident in yourself
16. Being complete and happy
17. The ability to deal with issues that arise simply and with ease
18. Having better health now, for security for yourself and your family later.
19. More time to do what you want
20. Simpler choices
21. Looking great, feeling good, reducing fat, and having tons of energy
22. Being satisfied, and not being hungry all of the time.

You Are What You Eat

How about Protein Powders? Do you have a favorite? While we are at it ... how about some supplements you love. I love my vitamin D.

How about fruit to add to smoothies or grain cereals ( or just eat lol)?

I love fruits!!! 

mango-1982330_960_720.jpg
I love: apples, kiwis, tropical fruit,citrus and berries. Let’s add what we love. Let’s use this thread to trigger our healthiest most delectable foods.pineapple-boat-575802_960_720.png

Ok let’s enjoy!!! This thread will have many pages... because we love to be healthy, we love good food that tastes great and we love to be inspired!!!So c’mon and create salmon-1485014_960_720.jpg

In response to ♡ ˚ AllowingBetter...Best's post:

Really enjoyable thread!  I enjoyed all of the great pictures and the health ideas!! Thank you for creating this thread!

“Radical Acceptance is the ability to face hardships with greater love and deeper awareness.
Contemplation shapes radical acceptance as a way to choose love and peace over anger and despair.
Begin by finding this within ourselves before helping others.

There have been several scientific articles that discuss the benefits of a keto diet, with low carbs and low sugars as being very beneficial for helping people to protect against getting covid.

Many of the articles were trying to detect why some people were minimally sick from covid, while it was fatal for others. What scientists found was evidence of the presence of a cytokine storm, which is an acute systemic inflammatory syndrome characterized by fever and multi-organ system failure. The body starts to attack its own system and tissues rather than fighting off the virus. Cytokine storms happen in cases of autoimmune diseases and during certain kinds of cancer treatments.

Obesity, diabetes or cardiovascular heart disease are risk factors the are known to predispose people to poorer outcomes, and additionally prolonged lock down periods have contributed to more sedentary lifestyle contribute to conditions that lead to insulin resistance, increased fat deposition and low grade inflammation. This paints a picture of overall poor metabolic profile.

Sarcopenic obesity is defined as sarcopenia (loss of muscle mass with either low muscle strength or low muscle performance) and obesity. It also involves poor nutrition, reduced antiviral immunity as well as dysregulated metabolism and inflammatory pathways. Secondarily, obesity is known to shift the individual to a high risk covid group at a relatively younger age.

Physiologically, the fat deposition on the vertical movement of the diaphragm, restricting the lung capacity as well as the immune and the metabolic effects, and the low grade inflammation induced by obesity. 

The Keto diet offers multiple mechanics of benefit. The Keto diet KD basically shifts from burning carbohydrates to ketone based metabolism, by a high fat, low carbohydrate intake. There is also a very low caalorie ketogenic diet  VLCKD that has been shown to be beneficial, supplying adequate nutrition while restricting carbs to 30 g/day, making up the energy deficit by fat and protein.  The daily caloric intake is restricted to 800kcal per day or less. These individuals have been shown to regain insulin sensitivity, good glycemic control and normal blood pressure as they loose primarily fat mass, preserving muscle mass.

KD also treats metabolic (dysfunction) associated with fatty liver disease MAFLD with a healthy reduction in liver fat with in a week of treatment. Short VLCKD regiments also improve glycemic control in type 2 diabetes mellitus DM by promoting hepatic insulin sensitivity thus preventing the synthesis of glucose in the liver. These changes cause an improvement of beta-cell function. 

“Radical Acceptance is the ability to face hardships with greater love and deeper awareness.
Contemplation shapes radical acceptance as a way to choose love and peace over anger and despair.

Ketone bodies and NLRP3/inflammasome activation. Protective effects of ketogenic diet and ßOHB on risk conditions associated with serious COVID-19 disease. ßOHB: Beta-hydroxybutyrate, AcAc: AcetoAcetate, MAVS: mitochondrial antiviral signalling protein, LPS: lipopolysaccharide, NLP3: NOD-, LRR- and pyrin domain-containing protein 3, ASC: Adaptor apoptosis associated Speck-like protein containing a Caspase Recruitment Domain (CARD), Pro-IL-1ß: pro-interleukin 1 beta, Pro-IL-18: pro-interleukin 18, DAMPs: damage-associated molecular patterns; PAMPs: pathogen-associated molecular patterns.

Ketone bodies and NLRP3/inflammasome activation. Protective effects of ketogenic diet and ßOHB on risk conditions associated with serious COVID-19 disease. ßOHB: Beta-hydroxybutyrate, AcAc: AcetoAcetate, MAVS: mitochondrial antiviral signalling protein, LPS: lipopolysaccharide, NLP3: NOD-, LRR- and pyrin domain-containing protein 3, ASC: Adaptor apoptosis associated Speck-like protein containing a Caspase Recruitment Domain (CARD), Pro-IL-1ß: pro-interleukin 1 beta, Pro-IL-18: pro-interleukin 18, DAMPs: damage-associated molecular patterns; PAMPs: pathogen-associated molecular patterns.

Journal reference:

Ketogenic Diets and COVID-19: Is there an interaction? | Epilepsy Foundation

Going 'keto'? Here's everything to know about the trendy ketogenic diet |  GMA

The Best Keto Diet Menu for Beginners | Best Health Magazine

In response to Kathi's post: In response to Kathi's post: In response to Kathi's post: In response to Kathi's post: In response to Kathi's post: thank you Kathi for joining in. Great inspiration!!’

I am in wonderment at the science of nutrition. Taking better care of myself has led to constant discovery and amazement of how well my body can work.

Nutrition is a keystone for everything I do, so I make it an important part of my life and set aside time to eat well.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

“The best doctor gives the least medicines.” — Benjamin Franklin: was a Founding Father of the United States

In response to ♡ ˚ AllowingBetter...Best's post:

This is quickly becoming more than my favorite thread.

Health, excellent healthy nutrition, my PMA positive mental attitude, and affirmation work done continuously through out my day, a new more strategic/full schedule for waking and for going to bed, and for having a night time schedule of de-stressing in becoming my goal. Soon, I will do the same for waking, where I have a routine for "making space" at the start of every new day.

I choose to be proactive with my time and with my health. I want my time and my health to be busting and teaming with good vitality and excellent functionality... Both my time and my health will be more flexible and dynamic, more responsive, more perceptive and much more conditioned and organized around health and overall contribution...

I choose to make all aspects of my health as my single greatest priority, my greatest treasure, my greatest asset...

I absolutely Love having a pre-bed time de-stressing routine where I am actively dealing with vital levels of hope and self care. These are now my front line defenders and protectors of my vital health and well being...

I absolutely Love asking for help and guidance before I sleep.  I love asking for communication and for vision so that I can see opportunities and I can contribute in meaningful ways... 

I absolutely Love the way that I am supporting my all aspects of my wellbeing and my energy by building up all reservoirs of hope and self care. This is the foundation upon which I rise!! 

In response to Kathi's post:

beautiful!!!

How do you know if a container has BPA or BPS?packaging

Many packaged food brands are switching from BPA- and/or BPS-containing cans to Tetra Pak packaging…and for good reason! Tetra Pak offers the same healthy, cost-effective, and easy-to-prepare products minus the BPA or BPS. I recommend using these paperboard cartons as a safer alternative to cans!to read more

My-health-is-important-positive-affirmation.jpg
KathIn response to Kathi's post: Just thought of a good idea for a thread ... take off on your

Give Me a Word

How about give me a food?

My first is Romaine lettuce

(salads on my mind)

Fruits are popping up 😂 

Kiwi 🥝 

Strawberries 🍓 

Blueberries 

In response to ♡ ˚ Allowing.... Better Best-Ideal's post:

my food-word/ and healthy energy surrounding it is garlic

Cooked or Raw?

I choose to be healthy, peaceful and harmonious.

Have a Shot of Organic Ginger or Tumeric

Mason Jar Meal Ideas

Not all foods are unlimited!!! Lol

Love💋Healthy Talk

poster-regret-eating-do-it.jpg

poster-do-it-diet-expiration.jpg

I focus my power. I change my life.

Health7da1ca105aca550c50487f422fb78bb7.jpg

Maximize Your Fruit and Vegetable Freshness

link-keep food fresher

Organic Myths

What To Do When Organic Isn't An Option

Whether you’re stuck in a food desert or have a tight food budget, you don’t need to be exposed to dangerous pesticides

.#1. Look for Country of Origin
Knowing where your food comes from matters. If you’re stuck buying conventional produce, aim for these very-low-risk options, according to Consumer Reports:

#2. Avoid the Worst Offenders

#3. Clean Your Produce

7 Companies You Can Trust To Use BPA free cans

Kefir

7 Kefir Benefits, Including Boosting Immunity and Helping to Heal the Gut

Jump to Top ^^

To get the most out of the bmindful forum, please sign up or log in!

Related Content