login to bmindful Sign up for your FREE bmindful account!

To get the most out of the bmindful forum, please sign up or log in!

★Accelerated Learning

This thread is geared to all things related to assist you in you learning. Let’s post what we know, and what we find(:

I AM
Peaceful:
Emotions, Sensations ,
& Feelings

I believe on of the best things you can do for yourself is to work on your communication skills. A great deal of being a better communicator is to be a better listener. To be a better listener we have to engage in “active” listening, really becoming interested in what the other person is saying. Also, improving your vocabulary makes you a better communicator because you have a greater ability to express your own thoughts and understand others better. One thing I did recently was to put my little tape player in my bathroom. I have some vocabulary tapes that I listen to. I also have some index cards that I use to write the words on. I write the word on one side and the definition on the other. I found the tapes at a goodwill store for just a few bucks. Another way to learn and retain more is to “read with purpose”. Know why you are reading something before you read it. If you are reading to learn, read the front and back flap. Ask yourself, “is this a good source of information” then read the chapter and heading titles and then skim the chapter once before you actually read it. I underline and write in the margins of books like a madman. Keep a “GOOD” dictionary nearby. When you are reading and come to a word you don’t know or are even “unsure” about don’t assume you know what it means. Look it up, you’ll be surprised. After you read the chapter, “mindmap” it and you will have much greater retention of the information. It is also good to read books in areas outside your field of immediate interest, consider reading a book about chemistry or history or music or whatever. The thing is to learn, many people stop trying to learn once they graduate, like “that’s it, I’m finally finished”. It doesn’t work that way.

All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us.
— Gandalf, J.R.R. Tolkien
I’m Alright
Life Less Ordinary

The best time of day to study or do affirmations is first thing in the morning. When you first wake up in the morning you are deeply relaxed and your mind is in a very receptive state. Deeply relaxed, but alert. If you can get in the habit of going to bed early and making better use of your time in the early morning you can achieve better and faster results for whatever you are working on, whether it is studying or doing affirmations or planning.

All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us.
— Gandalf, J.R.R. Tolkien
I’m Alright
Life Less Ordinary

Jump to Top ^^

To get the most out of the bmindful forum, please sign up or log in!

Related Content