login to bmindful Sign up for your FREE bmindful account!

To get the most out of the bmindful forum, please sign up or log in!

--WINTER '20/21★★NEWEST★★ Happiness Meeting Recovery 2021

As we approach the new year my hope is the world will begin to recover from the pandemic. I believe each individual has lost someone or something or something has been taken away. The fact is, we all share deep emotional and or physical scars. Positive Affirmations at their basic core help us achieve a better state or condition. The new year offers us an opportunity to begin to heal, to recover. In our own way we will choose if and how we will resuscitate ourselves. My feeling is this individual work will be extremely difficult. By participating and sharing our attempts, failures, and most importantly our successes, recovery will be a bit easier. 

Thoughts to ponder: 

1. Where am I? ( insecure, doubtful, ambivalent, struggling, hopeful, confident, calm?)

2. Where do I want to go? ( setting a purpose/goal, what is your intention or desired result)

3. What are my needs?

4. What action steps will I take?

5. What or who are my supports?

6. Feel free to respond any way you desire

Words are like seeds. When you write them out, they grow into your dreams and spark the imagination of others.

In response to Poppy's post:

Poppy,

Thank you from the bottom of my heart for this thread. 

great questions too!

I thank you because grief (inner thoughts and feelings) of all kinds is such a personal thing for everyone.  And with each new  loss -we  grieve differently for each.

During these pandemic times, and the magnitude of  health issues and fatalities,   known and unknown  to us  personally… bereavement  tends to be  compounded  and once again unique for all…

I am looking forward to hearing from our community.

I am looking forward to delving into where I am with what has transpired inwardly and externally.

I have a strong feeling I will allow your thread to be of ongoing support for myself.

I have a strong feeling we will be a able to be a strong sounding board for those who share, and a an area where others may gain support even in their silence, if that is what they choose.

•  

QUESTIONS

1.Where am I? 

2.Where do I want to go?

3 What are my needs?

5.What or who are my supports?

6.Feel free to respond any way you desire

Where am I? What are my needs/goals?

As the serenity prayer so simply and beautifully puts into motion, I am changing what I can.

Like you shared below, Poppy, I too am taking care of our home, our family life and much self- care (:

This pandemic has placed a huge emphasis on our personal responsibility for:

ourselves,

those we love

those others we currently engage with 

and those we want to begin including....

‘in that order’

• The few things that work fantastically well should be identified, cultivated, nurtured, and multiplied.” [Richard Koch is a former management consultant,entrepreneur, and writer]

My needs are to :

1)take time daily to listen to where I am, and decide what I want to experience in the moment and for my future. I need to focus less on uncertainty, and more what is within my personal power to influence for myself and others.

2)pay attention to the tools that are making a positive difference & use my time daily in progressively starting, continuing these things.

3) understand the value of communication.
Progression not perfection.

It is time to nurture our own self talk in better better ways.

4) It is also time to make time in being creative in nurturing all meaningful relationships
We do have time to love. 

5) I need to hear what others are asking for and remember we are all still deciding what that means.

6)Prayer is not the least I can do, it is the foundation for all I am speaking of.

Responses in process

•  

My definition of greatness

is to be greater than your environment,

to be greater than your body,

and to be greater than time.

And if you do, you will be great.

I mean, that’s it!” – Dr. Joe Dispenza

In response to ♡ ˚ AllowingBetter...Best's post

“I thank you because grief (inner thoughts and feelings) of all kinds is such a personal thing for everyone.  And with each new  loss -we  grieve differently for each.”

I never really thought about how I grieve differently because of my inner thoughts and feelings. For me, bereavement has always been like a scale from mild to severe and I have not been aware of how it could be compounded. 

Words are like seeds. When you write them out, they grow into your dreams and spark the imagination of others.

Where am I? To be truthful, I don’t really know. Mostly I am extremely sad. I feel a heavy weight in my heart and body. The loss of life and devastation inflicted on humanity is compounded by the sheer numbers. Globally, it’s incomprehensible!

I go through each day as a survivor. I am frightened, confused, and in shock. I worry about my family getting sick even though we are doing everything we can to stay safe. Fortunately I am not food insecure even though I have lost my jobs income since March. I prioritize eating, sleeping, and staying as busy as I can. I have become a better cook, housekeeper, gardener and birdwatcher. I have taken on the role of math and science teacher for my granddaughter who is in first grade. Both of us have gotten better with technology. 

Good morning,Poppy. Thank you for hearing me.

"I never really thought about how I grieve differently because of my inner thoughts and feelings. For me, bereavement has always been like a scale from mild to severe and I have not been aware of how it could be compounded."

quote I love to remind me of our uniqueness when connecting with others

and how valuable it is when we try

"How many languages are there in the world? How about 5 billion! Each of us talks, listens, and thinks in his/her own special language that has been shaped by our culture, experiences, profession, personality, mores and attitudes. The chances of us meeting someone else who talks the exact same language is pretty remote". Anonymous

At some point in this Happiness Meeting, I will locate some related info.

Until then, I will attempt to illustrate how one's various levels of grief deserve our recognition & validation

When I say validation... I am referring to compassion -giving  space for ones uniqueness &  the commonalities

I like your scale of mild to severe. That would be helpful in generalizing when empathizing. I am just stating it is also useful  to leave room for how involved/personalized ones experience may turn out to be...

For myself, this pandemic experience... shook my insides because I was preparing myself to  grieve ... Though, this loss is not the type of thing you can 'be on the alert' for

. By prepare, I mean... I felt versed on losses... (from my own experiences and those  others I've encountered)

Though 'this thing' has/had  not (yet) let up.

And, as we know we have not had anything like this in our lifetime before.

In addition to its 'ongoing nature', often there are more important questions than answers.
I believe ‘we’ are developing an addiction to stat watching.

Surviving  and thriving are good categories to help guide goals.

will return

In response to Poppy's post

Poppy writes:

Where am I? To be truthful, I don’t really know. Mostly I am extremely sad. I feel a heavy weight in my heart and body. The loss of life and devastation inflicted on humanity is compounded by the sheer numbers. Globally, it’s incomprehensible!

I go through each day as a survivor. I am frightened, confused, and in shock. I worry about my family getting sick even though we are doing everything we can to stay safe. Fortunately I am not food insecure even though I have lost my jobs income since March. I prioritize eating, sleeping, and staying as busy as I can. I have become a better cook, housekeeper, gardener and birdwatcher. I have taken on the role of math and science teacher for my granddaughter who is in first grade. Both of us have gotten better with technology. 

Poppy,thank you for sharing experience.

we are truly in this together. We are never alone

Your responses remind me of  uniqueness /commonality between us all. Specifics of our lives vary, though the sadness and shock of it all often fills the air.

Once again, I love your 'questions to ponder'

They are guiding my heart in very good ways!

2. Where do I want to go? I want to go back to a state of relative ease. Right now, I am doing everything I can do to stay safe. That means I have to been keenly aware of my surroundings, my interactions, and my own self care. I have hand sanitizer with me all the time so that when I have to leave the house to get the mail, go curbside for groceries, put away trash bins from garbage pickup, and a thousand other things that require me to touch objects before I can return inside to wash my hands. I also always put on my mask to answer the door, or go outside. I can’t always control other people coming inside my personal space. I want to be able to go back to work and regenerate my savings. I’ve taken a big hit financially. I want to be able to talk to others without a mask and in a closer radius. I want to be able to go to a store or restaurant without fear of getting sick or infecting others.

Inner & External

related thread

Action steps

I work in a health setting and I am witnessing and engaging first hand with large numbers of people ...often more quickly than desired...

Prayer and affirmations are invaluable tools which empower me to gain daily desired/inspired discipline...to give out the  best medicine I can: love, smiles and hope at a time when these gifts could easily be covered up by my feelings that do understandably surface.

Everyday I 'work my affirmation discipline'

I do a 'scan' of how I feel... and allow for the next best feeling thought.

I allow for higher vibrations. When my experience is filled with an energy I can feel of love, flow, ease... I feel ready for my work day...ready to engage.

→   I AM HEALTHY, WEALTHY & FINE!

→   I have allowed a completeness of lovely well being.

love these this morning before work

• I CAN FEEL MY MOOD RISING 
  • LIFE IS GOOD AND IT'S ONLY GETTING BETTER
  • I CAN FEEL MY VIBRATION INCREASING
  • GREAT THINGS ARE HAPPENING TODAY
  • I DO EXCELLENT WORK AND I ATTRACT EXCELLENT ENERGY
  • I EXPECT GOOD THINGS TO HAPPEN
  • ALL I SEE IS KINDNESS, PROSPERITY AND PEACE IN MY WORLD
  • TODAY I SEND THE VIBRATION OF LOVE AND KINDNESS WHEREVER I GO

related thread

I Am allowing the... just what I needed-qualities... to be part of all I Am doing.

I wrote this on a Bmindful Appreciation thread yesterday, with the pandemic in mind.

I have never been so grateful for the tools I use daily on Bmindful.

I don’t have time not to be real, and the site helps me work from where I Am to where I desire to be,

so I can bring more to others

and bring more to me.

The future and the present moment need to be

addressed with care.

The site helps my spirit 

become a fanfare.

Everywhere I look, I see opportunity to give more

With the site I can give more

While I live more.

Action steps 

I wear gloves and mask every day. They  insulate me like a sweat suit, though I wouldn't be without them.

I wash down surfaces often. I change my gloves on the average 2-3 times a day...and wash my gloves at work... like one would wash their hands. 

When hand soap & water are unavailable- I use hand sanitizer.

Action steps 

to be continued...

Action steps  I will do in the future:

to be continued...

Where do I want to go?

This is quite a question. I want to take such incredible care of myself, that not only will I feel as though I have a 'coat of armor' on for now... though when this whole thing subsides my  'aging well' will be impeccable. 

What does taking care of myself look like now:

I take care of my inner self everyday.

My inner/outer self... I eat 'well' before work, and bring water,  healthy snacks to regulate my blood sugar, and a well balanced lunch for my meal at work

I take regular naps after work, and get up all refreshed to address unfinished things in my household and of course to be available to my spouse.

to be continued...

What will taking care of myself look like as I progress:

My exercise routine has taken a dive. It is not what it used to be.  I know what exercise does for me. I want a progressive body building routine. I know what this looks like. 

My meals are healthy, though I want to take even greater care with them. I utilize food as medicine. I also love healthy delicious meals. I want to regularly create in advance (regularly is key word) ... my valued ingredients to be always maintained in my little glass containers... Ease and good choices are my buzz words.

to be continued...

————————————————

As days pass, more responses come up for me:

What are my needs?

My needs are pretty basic: I need the space and time to carry out what is needed for me on a very personal level. I want to see if I am ‘doing what it takes’ for a life that will meet my health, peace and joy needs. If my blocks of time are not feeling sufficient, then create a very big picture plan so I can change what I can where I can consistently.

I also want to prepare for my monetary needs as a plan B from my current job. I want to retire in very early 2023.

(my affirmations change... though utilizing this post in real time to actually prepare for work tomorrow) (:

related thread

→   My immune system is strong and I am healthy and whole.

→   I accept and allow optimum health in my life now.

→   I love getting enough rest and I do this so well!!

→   I create delicious meals which always manifest for me as perfect health! I am awesome at this!

→   I love getting enough rest and I do this so well!!

→   My physical fitness clearly shows that I have a fitness regimen.

→   I find it easy to nourish and replenish my body and drink lots of water

→   I drink large amounts of thirst quenching water every day.

→   I LOVE DRINKING WATER BECAUSE IT ADDS YEARS TO MY LIFE

→   Water is my drink.

→   I drink enough water daily

• I FEEL AMAZING
    • MY BODY LOVES TO EXERCISE
      • MY BODY LOVES TO TRAIN
        • MY BODY IS BUILT FOR THIS
          • MY BODY IS GETTING STRONGER BY THE SECOND
          • See thread

→   Each day I move at a pace that fits me perfectly.

→   I lovingly give generously to myself and this has increased the frequency of being my very best self with and for others at will.

5.What or who are my supports?

-all interactions with others create a supportive bond of sorts... 

- my friends and hubby too.

Though I never hold any one person responsible for all that I'm needing... What is going on is massive, and I try to be my main provider... utilizing the God of my understanding as my support.

hope, faith, trust, belief

Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒacknowledge a world beyond my senses,

a truth beyond my intellect, a wisdom beyond logic,

a power beyond my limits, a serene design despite any distressing display 

Thank you Poppy for posting this meeting.

Thank you for addressing the pandemic, and the loss of life, loss of property and the loss of prosperity.

This has been an epic event. For me, it feels like everything has been up ended.

Healthcare workers are just one of the unsung heroes. There are millions of unsung heroes: people who work in grocery stores; postal service employees whose work zone was politized; long distance truck drivers; farmers... It seems like every job, everywhere has been impacted.

Its going to take an enormous effort to restore what feels like the loss of a decade of prosperity.

But I believe in the heart and soul of people, in all nations.

I believe in overcoming.  I believe in re-birth.  Most of all, I believe in my faith, and with God, all things are possible.

I'll be back to respond to some questions.

Thanks again Poppy.   Excellent meeting!

“Radical Acceptance is the ability to face hardships with greater love and deeper awareness.
Contemplation shapes radical acceptance as a way to choose love and peace over anger and despair.
Begin by finding this within ourselves before helping others.

In response toPoppy's post

Thoughts to ponder:

Where am I?

I am all over the map: I feel isolated due to COVID and I feel like I have no back up.  The pandemic has shown me that we are all vulernable, and the loss of our loved ones can be entirely overwhelming.

For me, if I get sick, I'm on my own.  And, I have 2 elderly cats, both like 15 or 16 years old, and they need me, and I need them! I   have Cosmo, who is diabetic, and Clover who is as sweet as a bowl of sugar, and who sleeps next to me every night, and she just wants love and security!!

Where do I want to go?

I want to buy a home in either Montana, Utah or Washington. I want to be able to get a home that I  can afford. And, I want to retire and have access to medical care when I need it. I would love to live in the mountains and have a nice place to stay.  I love spending time outdoors and I love wildlife. I'm a homebody and I would love to build the home of my dreams! Build green, and build to contain costs and enjoy the prospect of retiring with great health as a number one priority. 

What are my needs?

I need hope. And lots of peace.  I need to take lots and lots of care around inner hope and peace.

Just to be clear, I am not feeling hopeless.  I am feeling a lot of fear, despair and frustration related to the pandemic. This has been a devistating year of epic loss... and I worry about my sister with whom I have a very supportive relationship. I worry about her constantly! 

I can see how conscious gratitude and just being present, being practical and being diligent would go a long way...

What action steps will I take?

I have gotten the first shot of the covid vaccination; the 2nd shot is in 28 days.

I've been an a hiatus due to covid. I want to get a job doing telehealth, and I want to get health insurance from working full time. And, I want to get a permanent place to live. 

What or who are my supports?

I have good support but none of it is local.  I have 2  adult children who are both out of state.  I have several friends, most are in Texas. I have one sister that I am very close to. 

Feel free to respond any way you desire:

I really want to learn to play the keyboards, and just enjoy music... 

“Radical Acceptance is the ability to face hardships with greater love and deeper awareness.
Contemplation shapes radical acceptance as a way to choose love and peace over anger and despair.

In response to Kathi's post: In response to ♡ ˚ AllowingBetter...Best's post

Nancee shared the following  on her SoulFood Series on Gratitude. It seemed like a wonderful piece of inspiration to share.

Gratitude-Fundamental Part Of Life

The benefits of incorporating “Gratitude” in your daily life are so significant.

Dr. P. Murali Doraiswamy, head of Biologic Psychology at Duke University Medical Center stated, “If [thankfulness] were a drug, it would be the world’s best-selling product with a health maintenance indication for every major organ system.”

You may ask how is this possible? The healing takes place from the inside. emphasizing the direct correlation between body, mind and spirit.

I would like to share with you additional strategies/techniques to add to your “Gratitude” repertoire.

1) Take on the perspective of “Gratitude” in your daily life. Let “Gratitude be your Attitude”. Look at the world with “new eyes” soak in all the goodness that is surrounds you. If you look for it, you will see it.

2). Practicing “Gratitude” makes you humble. Take time to bask in the glow of life and abundance.

3). Make a point of complementing someone at least once a day. Whether it is a coworker, an encounter with a stranger while shopping, you will find joy in nurturing the joy in others.

4) In the course of the day no matter what obstacles or challenges you may encounter, do not complain, be critical or engage in gossip, Instead ask yourself the question, “What can I learn from this experience? What will I be grateful for?

5) When you speak to someone over the phone, smile. When you smile, your voice smiles with you. In doing so, you make others feel valued and appreciated.

6) Don’t be afraid to “get into the trenches”. When possible donate some of your time to a worthy cause or volunteer effort such as a food pantry, literacy program or Senior Services program.

7) “Speak Life”, be thoughtful/respectful when communicating to/with others. Be cognizant, it is not what you say, but how you say it.

8) Incorporate the practice of “Gratitude” into your exercise routine. This can be done by visualizing or reflecting on all the goodness in your life.

9) Practice “mindfulness” to ensure you appreciate every glorious moment of life.

10) Accentuate the positive when ever possible. When something negative occurs, chase the thought away by substituting it with something positive.

I enjoyed the list Nancee provided very much. The only one I would ‘play with’ is #10 . I would see remind myself that negative isn’t about pain. It is great to acknowledge our feelings.

so we can be grateful for having them.

In response to ♡ ˚ AllowingBetter...Best's post:

Yesterday I was truly in touch with my feelings... Much grief over The unexpected loss of our beloved Nancee. So much came up.

I allowed it all.

I am so grateful for the ability to feel and deal with my feelings. I thank the few I shared with, and grateful for that as well. Gratitude for so much tried to edge its way in.. I didn’t know the true gift of this gratitude until I woke this morning when the pain had a chance to ‘get a nights sleep’

I reviewed so many beautiful things Nancee sent and posted. Through the pain, my gratitude for having known her and how my life has been enriched by her began filling the huge feeling of loss. 

I bring this up on this recovery thread because the Pandemic exacerbates what is already very very difficult.

Though it is my belief when we allow ourselves to feel, and use the God given gifts given to us...we can truly be more compassionate to ourselves and everyone we come in contact with... even more. 

This week I was already to send out 2 sympathy cards... and waiting on news of a family member in the hospital in another state.
While only 1 of these was COVID related... it really doesn’t matter. I am noticing that many ask if a loss is COVID related, and I can understand why... Though for ‘these times’ I believe we need to remember in the mix of these times... the massive experience is affecting more in our lives than we usually detail.

When we are able to look  deep enough,we can gradually  clarify our deepest values (again)and we will feel directed. 

To me, it’s about

1.being honest with  feelings

2 allowing  feelings

3 utilizing self , one’s understanding of a Higher Power -surrendering and prayer, and allow the tools that made their way into  life thus  far to ‘ see where they belong’ / make sense today. 

For example, just yesterday I wanted to retire ASAP.
Now if that became possible/option. I at least know where I want to be is at home with my husband  creating more of the life we love at home together. My husband is already retired. Knowing that is what I want will help me make decisions..

Due to the Pandemic, decisions need to be wise ones for safety, survival and to thrive. Like Poppy and Kathi indicated ... hope is always part of the mix. And from hope we mix in our gratitude, our faith (even that of a mustard seed)...belief and trust.

We elevate others and ourselves whenever we can and we will make it  .

We are not alone, and what we have inside and available to us is real and with Great merit.

writing from my phone first thing in morning.. may edit a bit when I get up

In response to Kathi's post:

Wonderful... love this:

I can see how conscious gratitude and just being present, being practical and being diligent would go a long way...

Actually love all your thoughts.plan,dreams  and the sharing of your feelings

You have inspired me to hear the dreams of those we love.

much love to you & all of our Bmindful family!

reminder to self:

will return soon.

As I read and reread everyone’s responses, I am grateful for others to freely open up about this topic. Recovery is very personal and each has to process loss in their own time and way. This meeting has benefited me greatly, and my hope is others have and will benefit also. With that thought in mind, I wand to share my thoughts on question #3. 

3. I need to do a lot of serious self reflection. With the spread and threat of Covid I have settled into pa self imposed shutdown here at home. I use curbside pickup for food or home delivery for everything else. I have pre-existing conditions that put me at a greater risk of death should I contract the virus. My finances have suffered greatly and I worry about meeting my routine expenses. I need to have a steady supplemental income to see me through the pandemic. I need to focus on hope for a world recovery of the viral threat. My isolation has limited me from doing many of the things I would do if I had many people interactions. With personal interactions, I have many opportunities to be of service to others, to do acts of kindness. I have a great need to spread kindness. So I need to generate routine ways to demonstrate kindness. I have somewhat lost my purpose. I sometimes feel useless. The psychological side effects have dampened my spirit. I lack motivation, I’m tired all the time. I am not productive so I need to change that. My needs are so inconsequential compared to the thousands of people who have lost loved ones, the front line workers, the doctors and nurses, and hospital staff, and all the others that keep most of us able to go about living our lives without undue worry or stress. 

In response to Poppy's post:I am so very grateful for your honesty. I want to acknowledge and respond  to you.

I need to do a lot of serious self reflection. With the spread and threat of Covid I have settled into pa self imposed shutdown here at home. I use curbside pickup for food or home delivery for everything else. I have pre-existing conditions that put me at a greater risk of death should I contract the virus. My finances have suffered greatly and I worry about meeting my routine expenses. I need to have a steady supplemental income to see me through the pandemic. I need to focus on hope for a world recovery of the viral threat. My isolation has limited me from doing many of the things I would do if I had many people interactions. With personal interactions, I have many opportunities to be of service to others, to do acts of kindness. I have a great need to spread kindness. So I need to generate routine ways to demonstrate kindness. I have somewhat lost my purpose. I sometimes feel useless. The psychological side effects have dampened my spirit. I lack motivation, I’m tired all the time. I am not productive so I need to change that. My needs are so inconsequential compared to the thousands of people who have lost loved ones, the front line workers, the doctors and nurses, and hospital staff, and all the others that keep most of us able to go about living our lives without undue worry or stress. 

• please excuse the way I 'write all over the page' That's just me thinking/feeling on paper(:

In response to Poppy's post: some off the cuff questions I'd enjoy hearing  if you choose:

1. What would productivity look like to you now?

2. What would creating a ripple effect of kindness look like to you now?

3. (Tired... OMG, I'm the Queen of Naps.lol ) What would self-compassion look like for you right now?

Finances,Health and Fear are huge topics. Ones you are not alone with.
These are things that I would like to believe we can support one another with.

I don't have even close to all the answers. Though lets see what we can do together. 

In response to Poppy's post:Many feel over the place.Collectively and Individually

Meetings like this create a needed centering... offering discovery, assistance  and support

This is no small thing, together we can offer energy which may create more of what we are asking for.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

dcb2c561844d19b2a1718de11211a0d5.jpg

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSBDWKISAM9GGTTqjeQktXpFekjp3QpisEi5j_-sJJ29clqdwTFL4PPdZN9

'kindness uncontrollably
Infecting without an antidote'

Hope can be shared in many ways.

I believe you are a natural...

Having all the answers isn't always what is needed 

Feeling  kindness, a level of  support  is often what is needed while we are allowing our needs to get good attention.

Thank you for the supportive, transparent, loving energy you bring here

time for my nap(:

4. Needs are needs! Unless one takes some action, needs are always just needs! 

It is my thought that action steps can be either forward or backwards. Please allow me to digress for illustration purposes. 

When I was young and stupid, even though I was currently pursuing an advanced degree, I lived in Tucson, Arizona. For those who might not know Tucson is in the middle of a desert. Quite often I would go hiking alone on desert trails. On one occasion while walking along, I noticed some movement far off to my right towards  the Rincon mountains. I was not paying attention to where I was walking when I came upon a rattlesnake sunning himself just ahead of me. I had to stop short of stepping on him. We both froze for a second or so and I slowly stepped back. The action step I took was definitely not forward. By taking a slow action step back I avoided a confrontation and the snake slithered off. 

Taking a step back, reflecting and appreciating my family and 👫 friends will keep me grounded and focused on others rather than feeling sorry for myself  

To be productive I need to start with me, intentionality taking better care of myself. One action step I am taking is to increase my steps each day to a minimum of 5,000 steps. I will track my steps each day to hold myself accountable. 

To help supplement my income I will start keeping a record of my spending that is outside my regular bills. 

To generate additional ways of kindness I will keep a cooler of bottled water in my car and distribute them to the homeless by recognizing them, speaking to them and offering them water. That hopefully will cause a ripple effect of kindness and it is easy to do as I have to be out and about picking up curbside food and medical appointments. 

Thank you for all that you shared; its helpful because it helps me to open up.  This had been a very challenging year, with the pandemic.

I noticed that I stopped posting on Bmindful because of tension, fear, anxiety, and being overwhemlingly polarized.  I was on fire, figuratively. And, it was a real dumpster fire...

I had to learn how to take my self away from this dynamic. 

I re-discovered something...  Choice.

I choose music. And, I decided that in order for me to survive the pandemic, I needed a project. I choose to buy some keyboards and teach myself to play music... and this really flipped the dynamic for me! This is beautiful, creative and tasteful... its soothing, relaxing and a great way to learn to communicate, is with music...

In response to Poppy's post:love your example of  taking a step back/moving forward/accountability ...:Taking a step back, reflecting and appreciating my family and 👫 friends will keep me grounded and focused on others rather than feeling sorry for myself  

And your productivity action steps:

To be productive I need to start with me, intentionality taking better care of myself. One action step I am taking is to increase my steps each day to a minimum of 5,000 steps. I will track my steps each day to hold myself accountable.

Action steps for finances:To help supplement my income I will start keeping a record of my spending that is outside my regular bills.

And your proposed RAK knocked me off my feet... I read it this morning and shared it with others at work.

Everything you share inspired me. Thank you!

Yes, choice... awesome choice. It really is always up to us with our perception, and how to 'dance' with it all. 

short video for New Year- gone viral

(love your choice to pursue music too)

3. What are my needs?

Today is January 4, 2021, I am at another level (than my earlier participation)...of assessing my needs.

My needs involve my health... yes, and the health of my spouse. We get understandably tired.

I am  doing our many important things on  schedule; for example my going to work.

Work utilizes a great deal of my energy, and I would like my energy to continue in a greater capacity for my little family unit.

I am doing remarkably well ’all things considered’. I want to be more satisfied by taking things to a greater level... so I can know things are advancing even more.

I want to be what my spirit feels it yearns for in being ‘more remarkable’ (: 

I want to become even more organized with what I feel need to incorporate incrementally around my work schedule.,

Action steps that are coming to mind:

• Listen to the audios that always had helped me clarify personally detailed plans.
  •  Continue with progressive affirmations based on what it is I am desiring to see surface more and more.
  • Allow my availability to shine for my husband. Be rested, attentive and able to help where I can frequently 
  • Begin creating a master list based on the information that feels the most gratifying.

AFFIRMATION:

My blocks of time are feeling sufficient, because I create a very big picture plan so I can change what I can where I can consistently.

"Develop an attitude of gratitude, and give thanks for everything that happens to you, knowing that every step forward is a step toward achieving something bigger and better than your current situation."

Brian Tracy

quotes-sarah-ban-breathnach-03-600x411.jpg

I posed these questions earlier, I will be focusing on them today... more

• What would productivity look like to you now?
  • What would creating a ripple effect of kindness look like to you now?
  • What would self-compassion look like for you right now?

01-07-21

80%9CAnd+I+said+to+my+body+softly%2C+80%98I+want+to+be+your+friend.80%99+It+took+a+long+breath+and+replied%2C+80%98I+have+been+waiting+my+whole+life+for+this.80%9D+80%94+Nayyirah+Waheed

In response to ♡ ˚ AllowingBetter...Best's post:

Beautiful... completely...

Thank you, your words and sediments have contributed to my spirit.

I can only welcome compassion to myself...

Praying for the heart and soul of American Democracy.

America, America.... 

In response to Poppy's post: In response to ♡ ˚ AllowingBetter...Best's post

Poppy, Allowing Better,

So many things have opened up since this thread started (less than 3 weeks ago)!

I just want say a few things about choice, about how I choose to process and respond to this pandemic:

The choices that I make today are going to open me up in areas where I have not been open. My intention is getting my energy and my physical chakras balanced. I further intend that this will be done with consistency and with love... lots of self care.

I see tht I am really taking the business of self care to a whole new level. I am so grateful that I have pivoted my focus on my Self... It almost like I've hit a blind spot, and now - its not a blind spot anymore! In all fairness, I was younger then. My focus was consistent with my level of worldliness.

Today, right now -  there is a palpable calibration -  that I am conscious of, on all levels...

While I can't fix the past, where this was a true blind spot, I can now dwell in this new space and I can be responsible and resourceful -- newly.

And, I can celebrate this new awareness.  I can acknowledge this and can have another aspect of my awareness from which I can come from, and create from...

Self discovery must be never ending.  Its possible that this is just the beginning, and, I'm not late, I'm arriving exactly on time, and the world is providing for me exactly what, when, where and  exactly how I need --- and all that I need...

Self discovery is all about flow... its about being open. Being available to be open.  Its about space and capacity and change, personal evolution.

I am newly expanding my capacity to trust that the universe is responding to me and to my energy, my willingness to step further in trust and in real gratitude. Real celebration!! 

I am so grateful for the Gift of life - the experience of whole love, like I've never experienced whole love before...the joy and the endless celebration of being aware and being conscious of the gift of life...

I am finding that I can celebrate this level of discovery and I can allow for greater celebration on the way...  

On a more substantive level, I am delighted and uplifted with joy while discovering new flow.

In response to Kathi's post: Wow Wow Wow! Awesome!!!

Cheryl Richardson says
“What one routine could I put into place this month that would improve my life the most?” Once you’ve named the routine, write it down on an index card. Then think of how you’ll schedule it into your life for the next 30 days. After a week of engaging in your new routine, consider if you feel more relaxed and healthier and less overwhelmed. Next month try adding another routine.

Today is a great day to be in touch with my thoughts, feelings, and actions.

Today I choose to move forward in areas that matter ... and in ways that ease into everything with joy and personal high value-meaning.

getting unstuck in 4 easy steps

{capsule version}

Action Steps:

1. Frame your challenge
2. Draw upon what is working by examining your strengths, your values and what you have done in previous situations to help you out of another challenge. 
3. Create your Ideal, translate it into a Vision and an intention.
4. Come up with a mantra to remind you of your vision.
5. Every day, commit to a small action to prove that you are moving towards your Ideal and remind yourself what is working. 
6. KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK!

© Astrid Baumgardner 2012

Thoughts to ponder:

1. Where am I? hopeful

2. Where do I want to go?  create a foundation that no distraction is possible

3. What are my needs? my tools for healthy living

4. What action steps will I take? visuals, affirmations, creating mason jar meals

• affirmationI joyfully live a healthy life with focus, clarity, direction, and purpose. • All areas of my life are in balance with my core values.
  • Make2BAffirmations2BTips5.png

Affirmations+for+the+Root+11.png

AFFIRMATIONS!laughing

• I trust Life. I take the long-term view.

tumblr_n34h9i5ZmM1qfavcoo1_500.gif

• 397065.jpg
  • I experience the joy of being!
  • I am filled with energy, love, and joy!
  • I am receptive to the wisdom which gives me knowledge to bring harmony and right action into every phase of my daily living. I'm dancing free!

• I celebrate life! I am contented and thankful.

quinoa_mason_jar_recipe.jpg

• I live in the now. Each moment is a present...a gift of life to me.
  • I am filled with energy, love, and joy!
  •  
  • 425dedd3ead6eba28a25e5ae34993299.jpgqsLQGB.png

In response to ♡ ˚ Allowing....Better Best Ideal's post:

I feel my attempts fitting things around my work schedule are beginning to show up in better better better ways.

back to share soon.

In response to ♡ ˚ Allowing....Better Best Ideal's post:

“What one routine could I put into place this month that would improve my life the most?”

Excellent question!

Since I am on a hiatus due to covid, I am wanting to make the most of my time. 

I'm borrowing several habits from you Allowing...

I'm making plans and sticking to them.

I'm on week two of the keto diet. I have had zero carbs and zero sugar for close to 2 weeks.

Just recently, I resumed juicing celery in the morning, and follow this by not eating for 4 hours so that the celery can be un-interrupted.  Its not easy, the celery juice -- it doesn't taste bad, but it doesn't taste good either. Yesterday, I waited too long, and everyday I learn more about what works and what didn't work. What I absolutely love about the celery: its like drinking moisturizer for my inner and outer skin!!! Incredible how even on day #1, celery hydrates all of my skin, and there is no moisturizer that has ever come close to what celery does for dry skin. And, I have hypothyroidism, which contributes to dry skin. It doesn't taste good, but it makes my skin feels glorious hydration and smoothness.  The second thing about celery: no residue. Pure health. I drink one coffee cup full, using 4 to 5 stalks of celery - thats it! Four hours later, I can eat a healthy salad with chicken, alvacodo and hard boiled eggs with onions and a dash of dressing.

Other newly scheduled goals: My sister and I are reading ACIM A course in miracles together! We have an agreed time to discuss the agreed assignment once weekly.

If anyone is interested in joining, please private message me.  We are planning on having the phone calls on Thursdays. Its great to have structured phone calls, its additional support to help me to meet all my personal goals. Additionally, I think ACIM will do a multitude of things - all of which are consistent with my new years goals.

“What one routine could I put into place this month that would improve my life the most?”

-Daily physical exercise. Stretching. Walking. Building up cardio, and getting really excellent lung exercise!

-Daily practice on the keyboards. 30 minutes in the morning and 30 minutes in the evening. 

-Job search: plan to have something going within the next 4 to 6 weeks. Will do volunteer work and possibly help administer covid vaccinations at a local level.

-Writing: Plan to write a small book of affirmations related to self care. 

WONDERFUL

& INSPIRING...

1. Where am I? 

Listening to my spirit place... my heart

2. Where do I want to go? ( setting a purpose/goal, what is your intention or desired result)

Living life with ease 

3. What are my needs?

going back to my personal basics

begin anew to assess

5. What or who are my supports?

prayer- 

personal tools I use with myself - (soon to share)

Support People:

spouse

phone-friends

text/email/PM-friends

6. Feel free to respond any way you desire

Just creating fresh and new. Love beginning fresh after taking time to see what I am needing.
Will return

Jump to Top ^^

To get the most out of the bmindful forum, please sign up or log in!

Related Content