login to bmindful Sign up for your FREE bmindful account!

To get the most out of the bmindful forum, please sign up or log in!

★Decisions, Decisions

A real decision is a powerful thing. If you want to make a change in your life you have to make the decision to do so. “Wow, Jeff, you have a great knack for stating the obvious”. Well, it seems pretty obvious doesn’t it? Or does it? A real decision will bring instantaneous change to your life. A real decision changes your direction in life. We may say we have decided to “get in shape” or “find a better job” or whatever, but until we really DECIDE to make the change we are really just playing around with change, we are kidding ourselves and paying “lip-service” to change. Decisions often take time, sometimes years (often a long period of self-discovery and fact finding may be involved) but, once we reach the point of making a real decision the changes are powerful. The real change in ourselves is instantaneous, in fact. I’m not saying that coming to a real decision is always easy, Lord knows we’d all be rich and healthy and happy if it were easy, but once we reach a decision about something important magic truly happens. “God”, or whatever term your comfortable with literally throws open doors and lays out the red carpet for you. Anyway, I thought I’d create this thread for you to post your thoughts on ways to get “TO DECISION” faster. I have some thoughts and am going to do a little reading in this area, but I’d like to hear from you guys.

All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us.
— Gandalf, J.R.R. Tolkien
I’m Alright
Life Less Ordinary

In response to themadcookieman’s post:

Hi MCM!

Yes that’s exactly what happened to me recently. I finally got to the point where I was tired of feeling bad and looked in the mirror at the store trying on clothes. The weight I put on didn’t seem to bother me until I really took a good look at myself! That visualization was quite sobering. At that point it was more than enough!! My mind was made up right there. Since then I do watch what I eat but mainly a few small meals through the day.

In the eveing I walk, run, jog and strecth for an hour. Started drinking more water. For me it isn’t a good idea to get too crazy on diets. Just started to do things slowly so my eating habits would not put me into shock. It was just 3 or 2 changes that helped me with my weight-loss and it worked. When I started to see a few pounds come off it made me happy and I finally went out and bought a couple of articles of clothing that are a little hip not so matronly. It will take a while to lose the weight and my good eating habits will stay with me.

Hugs and blessings,
Mary

In response to Godscreation’s post:
Well done Mary and keep going .I avoid trying clothes on as i try to never look in a mirror .Have 2 really scruffy pairs of jeans i wear all the time and have 4 pairs in wardrobe that i will get back into ,your post has given me that push i needed ,thank you ,love flowergirl

In response to Godscreation post:
That’s what I’ve started doing. 30 minutes of just walking, watching what I eat & drinking a lot of water. Going into my 3rd day today. Even started walking the garage at work….going up the the 8th floor and walking all the way down to the 1st. Every little bit will help. I’ve even created an affrimation: Every time I walk, I am losing weight & toning my body in all the right places! Can’t wait to start seeing the changes!

Brian Tracy is my how guy.

Anthony Robbins is my why-guy

If we know why ..that helps a lot.

I AM
Peaceful:
Emotions, Sensations ,
& Feelings

In response to Lady_D’s post:
In response to flowergirl’s post:

I am so glad you were inspired flowergirl that’s all it takes. Keep on your great road to success!i

Lady D That is soo good! Today I parked my car far away from the post office and walked to it. All this helps a lot. Let’s all keep on doing any small thing to help us become healthier which n the end amounts to great things! Every bit helps!!!

Hugs,
Mary

I can remember a couple times in my life when I made a decision…. it truely did change my life, not always for the better…. I come from a large family (5 kids) and when I was a kid we all vied for attention and there was always chaos in our home…. I can remember riding my bike one day… I might have been 11 or 12 and decided that I wasn’t going to be part of it anymore and emotionally removed myself from it all…. to this day it is hard for me to get along with my rowdy siblings… then as an adult I made a decision not to be a victim any more… that decision changed me in an instant….. I guess my point is that real decision making is a life changing experience…. good luck to all those making positive decisions….

You are a great survivor Coachhouse. Thanks for sharing. Hey MCM! I finally decided to send up some thoughts!
“When the spirit moves me”? When do you KNOW the “right” decision? I make pros and cons lists to stop the circular thought patterns which often bedevil me. I often then balk at the black and white details when they don’t totally agree with what my gut wants to do. I also want a guarantee with each decision. It should be no surprise that one of my affirmations is: “I flourish from my decisions.”
When you reach a decision are you moved to listen to the spirit or are you falling back on logic? Interesting to think about or is it…;} Jan

In response to coachhouse’s post:

As the mom of five kids, I understand the chaos that can overwhelm a house. It is very tough for a parent to spread enough individual attention and love to each child so they don’t feel like they have to vie for it. (rowdy behavior, etc)

Rather than let this experience define you in your adulthood, I applaud your ability to deal with it. Send your siblings and your parents love and gratitude. Whether positive or negative, each experience has helped mold you into the person you are today.

You don’t have to interact, but just changing the negative images to a positive one of blessing and gratitude, you will find yourself much lighter and happier. It is so freeing.

I pray that my children are very understanding of how extremely difficult it is to raise them in a loving, positive, growing environment and I hope they forgive my mistakes along the way. :)

I am living in many dimensions at once; the appearance of being trapped in time and space is only an illusion.

I like this thread! yeah yeah yeah I know… I’m always liking these threads(: Will return to share here today(:

A real decision is a powerful thing…. A progressive thing(: Sometimes, it feels like a decision is a huge out of nowhere declaration… because we are always leading up to what we want more of what we want less of, and what we decide has no place at all.

For myself, as I truly stopped listening to anything outside of my (higher) self… my spirit place… I then could move back in and include others in the most delightful way. saw a wonderful quote which pretty much expressed the same sentiments..

• ~
      quote “We first have to find the way of freedom from involvement before we can introduce freedom in involvement.” [Pir Vilayat Inayat Khan]

• ~
    Anyway… in re: to the self discovery is a constant thing… and always feels like the baby who just encountered their toes for the first time… ‘what’s that? and wow that seems to be part of me too’ (:

I love feeling its all part of a decision, and love to watch my decisions grow and prosper, and love how I throw out the ones that didn’t serve me the way I thought… just like cleaning house and replacing it with the fresh brand new or just sprucing up a bit…

I’m glad to have found this ol’ thread on decisions. I’ve decided to return later to it(: good decision.

~Added in 2020:I speak of Higher Self in this post, I would also like to include a very intimate part of self that I always enjoy including and that’s the connection with ones inner child(ten)

I AM
Peaceful:
Emotions, Sensations ,
& Feelings

d87310c21a0ff12164827c872aef4bf2.jpg

I AM
Peaceful:
Emotions, Sensations ,
& Feelings

65d37963a9427a853388b9616c8ffb25.jpg

I AM
Peaceful:
Emotions, Sensations ,
& Feelings

“I am whole, perfect, strong powerful loving harmonious and happy, I can do all things through Spirit. Christ and all spiritual people throughout the course of history that strengthen me”

5ee22b1048b0be251c875963e0916fd5.jpg

“I am whole, perfect, strong powerful loving harmonious and happy, I can do all things through Spirit. Christ and all spiritual people throughout the course of history that strengthen me”

In response to Moonlighting's post:

great quote!

In response to Smart_Routines_With_Enthusiasm's post:

I love the opening of this thread. Thank you SRWE!

A real decision is a powerful thing. If you want to make a change in your life you have to make the decision to do so. “Wow, Jeff, you have a great knack for stating the obvious”. Well, it seems pretty obvious doesn’t it? Or does it? A real decision will bring instantaneous change to your life. A real decision changes your direction in life. We may say we have decided to “get in shape” or “find a better job” or whatever, but until we really DECIDE to make the change we are really just playing around with change, we are kidding ourselves and paying “lip-service” to change. Decisions often take time, sometimes years (often a long period of self-discovery and fact finding may be involved) but, once we reach the point of making a real decision the changes are powerful. The real change in ourselves is instantaneous, in fact. I’m not saying that coming to a real decision is always easy, Lord knows we’d all be rich and healthy and happy if it were easy, but once we reach a decision about something important magic truly happens. “God”, or whatever term your comfortable with literally throws open doors and lays out the red carpet for you. Anyway, I thought I’d create this thread for you to post your thoughts on ways to get “TO DECISION” faster. I have some thoughts and am going to do a little reading in this area, but I’d like to hear from you guys.

quotes-about-change.jpg?itok=q5PGbVVd

I AM
Peaceful:
Emotions, Sensations ,
& Feelings

Jump to Top ^^

To get the most out of the bmindful forum, please sign up or log in!

Related Content