login to bmindful Sign up for your FREE bmindful account!

To get the most out of the bmindful forum, please sign up or log in!

★Tagging MP3 Files

Here is something I finally figured out about tagging mp3 files. I can’t tell you how many hours I’ve spent going through my mp3’s and tagging them with the correct file info, stuff like artist name and album and year of release and stuff like that. The time I’ve put in would be worth a small fortune. Well, I’ve finally figured out how to “batch” tag stuff. It’s really simple and I feel like a fool for not spending the time to figure out how to do this a long time ago. Anyway, let’s say you have fifty songs by an artist, let say Elvis Presley for example. You don’t have to go in and enter the text “Elvis Presley” to each individual file, you can go in and select all of the files you want to re-tag with that info and change them all at once. I’m using Media Monkey, a free and very cool jukebox program. I just discovered how to do this, like I say, I feel like a complete idiot for not figuring this out earlier, but better late than never. Basically, what you do it select the whole group of files (you know, holding down the shift key) and then right clicking and selecting properties. This will save you TONS of time. Just thought I’d share my eureka moment with you guys.

All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us.
— Gandalf, J.R.R. Tolkien
I’m Alright
Life Less Ordinary

Jump to Top ^^

To get the most out of the bmindful forum, please sign up or log in!

Related Content