login to bmindful Sign up for your FREE bmindful account!

To get the most out of the bmindful forum, please sign up or log in!

★Let's Make Everyday A Useful Vacation

thread from 2009…could’ve written it today(images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQBJKeMDOONsfmTb4SVZajw_WMMfLW60qYH52zwetTgQQwVSDYB

• ~

I have taken a short time off of work; soon to go back. I did it for purposes of starting the New Year off “right”. There were so many things I wanted to focus on, and work (which has its rewards \$\$) was getting in the way. How do you have the “right” kind of gratitude, attitude and good energy for your job, if you feel on some level it is in your way? 

To stop these self-defeating patterns in their tracks, it was time for a vacation.   I acknowledged my time, my life and my possibilities. I attempted these goals during vacations before. This one was different. I changed how I looked at my life, what I wanted for myself; bottom line I’ve paved the way for new and am going to keep the area clear so I can keep coming through(: My goal for 2009 is to make everyday this type of vacation even while my time is occupied with a schedule of my employment. With this mindset, I hope to make room for opportunities that my affirmations have spoken to my heart about.

How do you think and feel about (these virtual-type of) vacations all of the time?

I AM
Peaceful:
Emotions, Sensations ,
& Feelings

Hi laurie, taking some time off work in order to gather your thoughts and prepare for a new year is a great idea, i’ve been stockpiling my annual leave to do something similar. i think its amazing that people only watch sunsets and sunrises when they’ve flown somewhere away from home for vacation (i love a good sunset any chance i get) you don’t need to fly to some resort in order to relax!

Hi there Se da luz(: Yes, total agreement, don’t need to fly anywhere. I am leaving the house right to go to a local pier this eve., and walk near the ocean with my hubby(: Can’t ask for much more(:

I AM
Peaceful:
Emotions, Sensations ,
& Feelings

My sunrise story: Last year I was taking a holiday road-tripping from Brisbane to Sydney. During a few days at Byron Bay, my friend and I were on the beach trying to catch photos of the morning sun, but it was quite cloudy and not much was happening. To the west we were rewarded with a beautiful rainbow. There was a man on the beach practising yoga. We saw him later and remarked how beautiful the rainbow was, he seemed a very practised & disciplined yoga man and said in the morning he only looks to the east and in the afternoon to the setting sun, therefore he did not see the rainbow sky. We thought this was a reminder not to be too focused on one thing and remember to look around sometimes. Sounds a bit Paulo Coelho hey.
But back to the point – yeah lets treat everyday as a holiday – you know on holidays how we leap out of bed because something wonderful & unknown is going to happen – and we also speak more freely to strangers and remark how friendly whatever place is – but this we should do every day and smile widely like we do when on holidays.

“Even if you’re on the right track – you’ll get run over if you just sit there” Will Rogers

laurie, I think it’s a great idea! We spent the last few days of our holidays relaxing at home, going on destinationless walks, reading and getting ready for the new year. Well worthwhile!

Vivi is focused, Hi! It’s great to see another Aussie on bmindful!

“How easy it is in our life, to miss what’s being offered.” — Paul Haller

I AM
Peaceful:
Emotions, Sensations ,
& Feelings

1000-ideas-about-enjoying-life-on-pinterest-down-syndrome-ba-326116.jpg

I AM
Peaceful:
Emotions, Sensations ,
& Feelings

Jump to Top ^^

To get the most out of the bmindful forum, please sign up or log in!

Related Content