login to bmindful Sign up for your FREE bmindful account!

To get the most out of the bmindful forum, please sign up or log in!

★Things That Make Life Special

I wanted to start this thread, so I can tell you a story.

Yesterday was my birthday and my dad, 82, asked me to come over to his
apartment. He wanted to give me, my birthday card. Last year he gave me
$100 bill with the card. I go over and get my card, open it; Nice card, no money. Economy being as it is this is no problem, I say Thank You.

He then tells me he got me this kitchen towel, so every time I use it, I will think of him. Cute. So again I thank him and make a little comment
How the economy is so bad I have gone from $100 to a kitchen towel.

He then tells me I should check the towel and see if it is the right
size. The man is 82, I am not going to argue with him. I opened it up and
there Duck Taped to the inside of the towel was 4 stacks of $1’s, 25 in
each stack. Oh boy!

I started laughing, how clever he was, he was beaming. He had got me and was pretty proud of himself. He told me that he was at the grocery store and had asked the box boy to go to the bank (in-store) and get this $100 bill changed into $1’s. He had devised this whole little scheme to trick me and it worked. Very Clever. My dad still has some tricks up his sleeve and that is something that makes life special.

I also wanted to note that my dad has tried everything that I have suggested to him from his affirmations, to his gratitudes and of course tapping. He still drives and is self-sufficient what could be better?

Share the little things in your life that make it all worthwhile and see how you feel after doing so, it is just awesome.

Sending an Unconditional Love Hug to all of you.

Attitude Life Coach, helping others to see the Power of a Positive Attitude with Affirmations and Gratitudes, Learn to be The Creator of Your Life.

In response to rockswealth’s post:
your dad sounds great ,happy birthday to you fr yesterday .Its the little surprises that make gifts so special isn’t it.Every time you use that tea towel you will smile ,love flowergirl

Jump to Top ^^

To get the most out of the bmindful forum, please sign up or log in!

Related Content