login to bmindful Sign up for your FREE bmindful account!

To get the most out of the bmindful forum, please sign up or log in!

โ˜…Best ideas from books you've read.

I would like to start this thread so we might share some of the most helpful ideas we’ve read.

All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us.
— Gandalf, J.R.R. Tolkien
I’m Alright
Life Less Ordinary

I got this idea from posting something on the “need support” thread.

Here are some things from LIFE 101 by John-Roger and Peter Mcwilliams. Definitely a wonderful book. I’m gonna’ paraphrase here a bit.

Acceptance:
….Acceptance is simply seeing something the way it is and saying, “That’s the way it is.”

Acceptance is not approval, consent,…or even liking what is.

….Until we truly accept everything, we can not see clearly.

…..Acceptance is not a state of passivity or inaction.
…..Acceptance is the first step to successful action.
…..If you do not fully accept a situation precisely the way it is, you will have difficulty changing it. Moreover, if you don’t fully accept the situation, you will never really know if the situation should be changed.

I’m Alright
Life Less Ordinary

Another nugget.

Life is, if nothing else, a persistent teacher. It will repeat a lesson over and over (and over and over) until it is learned. How does life know we’ve learned? When we change our behavior (either inner, outer or both). Until then, even if we intellectually “know” something, we haven’t really learned it. School remains in session.

I’m Alright
Life Less Ordinary

More stuff from Life 101.

The Power of Thoughts.

Every human achievement-from the Hoover Dam to the book you are holding in your hand-began as a single thought.
….On the other hand, thoughts have little power at all. Without touching it, fold over the corner of this page. Without touching it.
…the though alone isn’t going to do it.
Once you realize the point-that thoughts alone aren’t going to do it-simply reach up and fold over the corner of the page.
…Note the power of thoughts without action.
…When thought and action are combined, the results are powerful-among the most powerful things on earth.

I’m Alright
Life Less Ordinary

In response to themadcookieman’s post:
Great thread. Potential for lots of input. By the way, enjoyed yours(:

I AM
Peaceful:
Emotions, Sensations ,
& Feelings

For me one of the best thing that I have read from books is that Happiness is not in future but right here right now. We always spend time looking for some event in future to come true thinking that it will bring us happiness when that thing comes true. Think for a moment if that moment of happiness has ever arrived. Life is a journey and in order to be happy when we reach our target we should enjoy the journey rather than just the end result which we keep on waiting for forever.

I posted this on another thread today

One of my favorite lines from David Allen (Getting Things Done) is you need not think of something more than 1x unless you love it!

So to me, this can mean if you find some thought that isnโ€™t working for you, and it continues to take up space in your mind, itโ€™s time to address it, by getting it out of your head, onto paper , start over with a new understanding (include acceptance) and give it closure.

I AM
Peaceful:
Emotions, Sensations ,
& Feelings

In response to amehta6’s post:
wonderful web site amehta6… Hope to see you visit here again… I know I will visit what you’ve created on your website(: Others here will enjoy too(:

I AM
Peaceful:
Emotions, Sensations ,
& Feelings

bookmark

I AM
Peaceful:
Emotions, Sensations ,
& Feelings

Jump to Top ^^

To get the most out of the bmindful forum, please sign up or log in!

Related Content